Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#179564 - 07/22/06 01:14 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It's slightly unclear what you're asking, in a way. Are men declining to date you because they find out you are a Satanist, or are they declining because you believe the strength of your personality intimidates them all by itself? Both are plausible, which is why I ask.

If it's simply that men are finding out you are a Satanist, I'd suggest not being quite so wide open about that, though that carries the hazard that you'll get serious only to screw things up later when they find out.

If you simply mean that men are overshadowed by you, that's entirely possible. It's happened to me (with women) before, and I referenced this in another post. It's usually not too hard of a trick to fool a woman long enough to get laid if that's all you want, but the fact remains that members of the opposite sex (perhaps especially men) are often repelled by someone who is far above them (or they perceive as far above them, consciously or subconsciously).

In that case, it would appear that the humorous answer you received below is actually pretty accurate: don't date wimpy men. You may find that it takes quite some time to find a truly suitable mate, but in my opinion being single is better than settling for a second-rate partner.

Also, you may find this resource useful:

http://www.satanismi.net/

It is a Finnish site operated by a Church of Satan member of high repute and by all accounts is an excellent Finnish language website. It may be of assistance to you if you find that your English is less adequate than you would like for reading our literature, or if you simply are not yet sure of how to acquire the literature in Finland.

#179565 - 07/22/06 01:21 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

...cuz u DON'T know the whole story and what i've been through!

As for why Satanists here might doubt your claim to belong, here are a few observations:

1. Satanists show respect when in the lair of another. Part of showing respect means following their rules. One rule at LttD is to write an introduction before making any posts. Whether you have neglected this out of ignorance or defiance, it is an unSatanic thing to do.

2. Most Satanists take great pride in presenting themselves to their peers as an intelligent gentleman or lady. Using internet slang such as "cuz" for "because", "u" for "you", and "ppl" for "people", is seen by many here as the language of the stupid. You may disagree with that opinion, but it is widely held nonetheless.

3. Satanists know that others will judge everything one says and does. This does not bother the Satanist, as it seems to bother you, because the Satanist has a strong ego, knows that he has much to offer his peers, and has a sense of humor that enables him to laugh with others when he makes a mistake.

Newcomers often show these traits via their introduction and subsequent posts. When they do, they are warmly welcomed. When they don't, they do not stay long.

I mean these thoughts to be helpful.

DarkWater

#179566 - 07/22/06 01:21 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Soleil Noir]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

No. Read the next part of what I wrote and it should be pretty clear what I read.

I will not conceal the fact that I'm mildly irritated that a half-dozen people have made it their intent to condescend to the original poster (even if that intent is concealed under "advice"). Especially since some of it would appear to be needlessly broad; for example, I've had no fewer than two good and happy relationships with women I first met through the internet, because I do believe it is a valid way of finding persons with more shared interests than those you find at the local laundromat or bar (not to mention some Satanists are merely asocial or work at home, etc).

That said, however, I'd like to thank Mr. Virus9 for his responses here, they were exemplary, neither spoon-feeding nor condescending.

#179567 - 07/22/06 01:26 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
DemonicDolly Offline

exactly, Leviathan really understood what i'm trying to say. "you should know how to draw men to you" kinda sounds like u assume i wanna be some kind of "a man eater" and get as many men as possible..when the actual problem is finding the suitable partner for the rest of my life, perhaps.

#179568 - 07/22/06 01:32 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
I guess that's the part that stuck out in my mind...but I see what you are saying. And the internet is a great way to meet people, I never indicated otherwise. However, I find it detrimental to think that your way of thinking would turn someone off rather than first focusing on other parts of your personality that may be flawed, especially if you've corresponded with and clicked with that person on the internet. In addition, being that The Satanic Witch is a resource for lesser magic, one would think that pushing people away could be avoided if the book were read and the information in it were utilized. I would think she's either pushing people away subconsciously or there is something else she needs to focus on, especially if this is an ongoing problem for her. Lastly, finding a suitable life-mate isn't easy for anyone.

#179569 - 07/22/06 01:37 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
ModernTantalus Offline

Quote:

How strange. Personally, I've been told many times that I am ugly and not very clever. Also that I am selfish, racist and fascist.

And I get nothing but young ladies chasing me.

I find that, for most women in my generation (early 20's) that most of these traits are appealing in a man. They dig that confidence. However, most men do not find these traits appealing in a woman.

#179570 - 07/22/06 01:39 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Soleil Noir]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

That's fair enough, I have not had a problem with people having even critical opinions. When you write it here, it seems far less condescending and had it been written this way before, it would not have garnered my attention (negatively, that is).

I simply found that in absence of any firsthand knowledge of what this young lady is actually doing, it's entirely possible that she has legitimate problems with finding a mate. I've never tried to meet girls in Finland, but I do know that even though I've had no difficulty meeting excellent Satanic women (it is also to my thinking a perfectly legitimate criteria that your mate be a Satanist; some don't care either way, some do, to each his own), it was not exactly without effort or obstacle. As Satanists we do face considerable obstacle at times in meeting truly ideal mates; all of us know better than to settle for the girl next door.

#179571 - 07/22/06 01:43 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: theplague]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Don't waste your time...even if you start a relationship with a non-satanist, it won't last. My last two girlfriends were wiccans and both relationships ended in disaster. Satanism is WAY too real for those kind. Try to find another satanist, or be prepared for someone who at some point is going to try and "save" you from your diabolical religion.

Well lets see, I am married to a non-satanist, we have been married for over 6 years now, and have been together for almost 9 years. Our relationship is very healthy. I guess that makes you wrong.

Edited by Zaphod (07/22/06 02:01 PM)

The Temple | The Elite

#179572 - 07/22/06 01:47 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
Quote:

I simply found that in absence of any firsthand knowledge of what this young lady is actually doing, it's entirely possible that she has legitimate problems with finding a mate.

The original question of "why do non-Satanic men find Satanic women intimidating" seemed to be just that to me, I didn't read of any struggle to find a suitable mate in there or even much seriousness in the question. I'll answer a serious question seriously when it's asked in such a manner. I wanted to read her introduction to get a better idea, but...

#179573 - 07/22/06 01:55 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

I'd venture to say that most "men" are intimidated by smart and/or attractive women. I wouldn't fret though, if they lack the confidence to approach you, or are intimidated when you approach them then it is probably a pretty good indication that they are not worth much of your time. So, really they are just doing you a favor.

The Temple | The Elite

#179574 - 07/22/06 01:57 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: Neko]
DemonicDolly Offline

wow never thought that when i come here people would start trying to convince me that i'm not a true satanist...i thought satanism was about being different and appreciating that.

#179575 - 07/22/06 02:00 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

I was replying to theplague and not to you there. I'll edit the post to make it a bit more clear.

The Temple | The Elite

#179576 - 07/22/06 02:03 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
By your picture we can see you are very beautiful.
By your communication skills (or lack thereof) you don't ring any major brain bells.

It is my experience that the girls who most whine about intimidating men are actually in denial, creating a seemingly mature rationalization for their social short-comings.

But that is just one person's opinion.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#179577 - 07/22/06 02:05 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: theplague]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Sorry for misunderstanding your post, but the way you phrased it came across as if you were speaking in absolutes.

It also appears that you might not be discerning the difference between values and beliefs. That any number of individuals might share a similar "belief" (for lack of a better term) structure does not necessarily indicate that they share similar values.

It's also wong to automatically assume that everyone is looking for those who share their "beliefs". It is quite possible for for someone to feel that such things are of a very personal nature and place a low value on others sharing them.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#179578 - 07/22/06 02:05 PM Re: Satanic women intimidating ? [Re: DemonicDolly]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Quote:

i thought satanism was about being different and appreciating that.

Re-read The Satanic Bible.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements