Topic Options
#180851 - 07/30/06 04:03 AM replies
Ellie0987 Offline

I was looking through the forum, and wanted to reply to one of the posts.I noticed that some posts have the function on the page where readers are able to reply to the thread, while other posts do not, and was unable to reply. I was just curious, why is this? Will the administrators of the forum change these in the future, or did they already make the final changes to certain posts?

#180852 - 07/30/06 05:06 AM Re: replies [Re: Ellie0987]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I think what you are referring to are locked threads, which can be known from the listing of threads in any given forum by the "padlock" icon beside the thread. These are threads that, for any variety of reasons, were deemed "finished" by a moderator and ceased from further discussion.

Threads are commonly locked when they have outlived their usefulness, or in some cases when a question is asked and then answered in entirety to prevent further possibility of misinformation interfering with the good answer. We also lock threads if they are deemed too argumentative or otherwise "done with."

There are also certain forums to which only select people have posting rights, such as the marketplace. This is because use of these forums to announce personal or business news is a privilege granted by Magister Ventrue, or in some cases use of that forum is restricted to administrators only.

#180853 - 07/30/06 01:40 PM Re: replies, question on sorcery [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ellie0987 Offline

Hello, thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I was reading the SB, and wanted to know, if someone had a question pertaining to sorcery, which section of the forum should it be posted on, if any? After reading the book and parts of it again several times, I've come to several revelations pertaining to this and my past. As predicted, I now have more questions than I did before I read the SB.

#180854 - 07/30/06 02:58 PM Re: replies, question on sorcery [Re: Ellie0987]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Depends on the nature of the question.

If you want an answer concerning direct Satanic dogma the Q&A forum eliminates the possibility of getting incorrect or uninformed answers. If you want general opinions use the general forum.

Advanced discussions on magic are generally held in the CoS members forums, but basic questions are free to be asked out here.

#180855 - 07/30/06 05:07 PM Re: replies, question on sorcery [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ellie0987 Offline

Ok, thank you. In that case, it's probably better for me to just write them down in a book and ask them later, when & if I become a member of CoS. I think I read somewhere (I could be wrong) that CoS doesn't accept every application for membership, so from the moment I send it in, it will just be a waiting game. I've been practicing since I was a child, I just didn't know that what I was doing was called "sorcery". I also didn't know that I was a satanist all along, just blinded by being in the wrong camp all of these years. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, I think you are, so far, the only moderator that has answered any of my questions.

Forum Stats
12163 Members
73 Forums
43922 Topics
405747 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements