Topic Options
#18289 - 12/26/03 01:03 AM Logging in
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Not really a problem, but I noticed just now that I can't log in as Dementagram; I have to use my old display name, ProfessorChaos. Anyone else have this happen to them?

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#18290 - 12/26/03 03:12 AM Re: Logging in [Re: SilverHammer]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Ever since I changed my name I've still had to use "leviathanx13x" as my login name. Did yours actually allow you to login with your new username?

#18291 - 12/26/03 04:03 AM Re: Logging in [Re: SilverHammer]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

This is the case with me as well. I cannot log in using my current username. I have to use my former name, Vespertine.

A pithy little thing, but it does not hurt to bring it to the attention of Reverend Ventrue.

ToV

#18292 - 12/26/03 04:50 AM Re: Logging in [Re: SilverHammer]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Your loggin name and your display name are two different things.
One changes, one doesn't. (Rev. Ventrue could change the login if he wanted, but i would credit the good reverend that he has a reason for setting his board up this way)

"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#18293 - 12/27/03 01:26 PM Re: Logging in [Re: SilverHammer]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

Not really a problem, but I noticed just now that I can't log in as Dementagram; I have to use my old display name, ProfessorChaos. Anyone else have this happen to them?

You just noticed this?

Click on "My Home" then on the "Personal Information" link. You can edit your Display Name, but not your Login Name.

Your Login Name does not change. It has been this way ever since Reverend Ventrue upgraded the messageboard so we can change our display names.

#18294 - 12/27/03 04:52 PM Re: Logging in [Re: Citizen_Squish]
SilverHammer Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Connecticut
Fair enough, I just wasn't sure if this was intentional or not. And yes, I just noticed it because I'm almost always logged in on the same computer.

www.myspace.com/savagegod

#18295 - 01/04/04 07:00 PM Re: Logging in [Re: Citizen_Squish]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Yeah, I could have sworn that when the LttD update was made that covered this feature, this pecularity was pointed this out:

http://www.personalsatan.com/lttd/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=119964&page=&view=&sb=5&o=

Yeah, I know it's not in the main portion, but it's there, somewhere. Read the comments.

Remember people -- Login and Display Name are not the same thing. Just like the time-code you punch in is not the same thing printed on your name-tag. The same concept here, only nobody gets paid.

Edited by Rozzlyn (01/04/04 07:02 PM)

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

Forum Stats
12024 Members
73 Forums
43832 Topics
405256 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements