Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#186106 - 08/30/06 05:01 PM strange feeling
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
A few weeks ago i had two meetings with the Grotto Master of Grotto Magistratis Amsterdam.
He answered all my questions (the ones i had at that time) but one. So i hope you can help me with this one.
With the first meeting he came with an other member. We all had no idea how we looked like. At a peticular point i looked the other member right in the eyes.
And then it happend. I had the most strange feeling in my belly, just below my belly button. I just can`t discribe the feeling, never had it before, it just was like a schock but then different. I starting rubbing my belly and the feeling took off. Strange enough the other member reacted exactly the same way! Later i asked the Grotto Master what it was. He smiled, gave a wink and startet an other subject.
What i don't understand is that the next time i med hem, i didn`t had that strange feeling.

My question is; Do you had a similar experiance and do you know what triggers it?

Thank you for your time !

Yinta

Yinta

#186107 - 08/30/06 06:26 PM Re: strange feeling [Re: Yinta]
Adversary Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
If it gets worse, try this:

"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him." - Sun Tzu "Morality is a human invention conferred by the self-serving interests of the sensually impoverished" - Anton Szandor LaVey

#186108 - 08/30/06 06:35 PM Re: strange feeling [Re: Yinta]
Dvlbrd666 Offline

Yinta,
You could be highly sensitive, on a metaphysical level.
You could have become a human sponge to the adverse effects of your own openness, but also to the ways in which other people’s aggression, hate, contempt, or inner turmoil can be sent out from their being and absorbed by anyone in its path, even if you weren't that persons intended victim.
Occasionally, It has been known that with people so open that if they were to come in the presence of an individual who was battling with some sort of inner demon or the like, They would later, that night, dream their dream, and enter into their subconscious, shamanically absorbing their hidden agony. For those people are like a psychic whore with both ankles tied behind their head, helplessly allowing all who cared, to walk right in and fuck them. And when that goes on and on, you end up like a spiritual sewer, with all the waste that people cannot, or will not, work through and discharge of their own accord. Some call this type of experience ‘vicarious atonement’. I call it being constipated by mankind’s failure to mature.

Or,
It simply could of been your nerves and anxiety and the sheer element of fear of the unknown with what your meeting was going to be like. Thus with your second meeting your "fear" and "anxiety" had already gone away through the simple satisfaction of "knowing" what to expect.

Hail Thy Self!

#186109 - 08/30/06 07:08 PM Wrong question. [Re: Yinta]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Asking if others had the same experience will not help you.

Instead use careful evidence procedure to determine if you can test this kind of thing again to determine what is happening.

To look for others who have had similar experiences will not help you with determining what is fantasy and what is not.

#186110 - 08/30/06 10:44 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Nemo]
Revoluto Offline

Loc: Peru
why is it the wrong question? isnt it common sense to ask if other ppl has also experienced it? I mean, one deesnt have to blindly believe others testimonies. but its always some kind of guide, isnt it? I dont think it makes one any less self-sufficient.

#186111 - 08/31/06 03:40 AM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Revoluto]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

If I had a dream about a beautiful woman, would it do me any good to ask someone else if I had a dream about a beautiful woman?

#186112 - 08/31/06 08:01 AM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Thank you Magister Nemo and Warlock LeviathanXIII for pointing out the silliness of my question.

It does me no good knowing what others feel, only important thing for me is, what it means to me.
I understand that now.

Living in a dream is pointless; making a dream reality is much better. Testing things is the way to make sure i don't get caught in my own illusions.
So i know now what i must do.

Yinta

Yinta

#186113 - 08/31/06 11:56 AM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

If I had a dream about a beautiful woman, would it do me any good to ask someone else if I had a dream about a beautiful woman?

No but if you never had a dream of a beautiful woman before, then one night you did, and it confused you. You might ask others if they have ever had such a dream, and if they know what it was.

#186114 - 08/31/06 12:53 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Asmedious]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What if I had a dream unlike one anyone else had before? Would I not have had it if I asked others and they could not confirm it?

You seem to be missing the point. If you experience something, it is irrelevant whether others do. You did. More directly asking others if a subjective experience is real is simply pointless.

#186115 - 08/31/06 01:14 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Asmedious Offline

I re-read the original post, and perhaps you are right, that I am missing the point. I looked at it from somewhat of a medical point of view. As if someone was to complain of severe pain to the lower right quadrant of their abdomen, I would be able to suggest, that perhaps it's appendicitis, or gas, since I've dealt with that before and am able to relate.
..and if anyone suggests that it might be just pain from being full of shit....don't bother.....I beat you to the punch line

#186116 - 08/31/06 01:57 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Asmedious]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

..and if anyone suggests that it might be just pain from being full of shit....don't bother.....I beat you to the punch line

Not that it is relevant anymore, but the Grotto Master confirmed me that the other member also had at that moment a "strange feeling".
The reason wy it is a dumb question is; that it is my experiance, so i have to figure out what it was.
The only one who can answer it is me! So than it is pointless to ask someone else.

Please correct me if i`m still wrong.

Yinta

Edited by Yinta (08/31/06 04:20 PM)

Yinta

#186117 - 08/31/06 03:14 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: Yinta]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

Please correct me if i`m still wronge.

I'm sorry.. I had to...
=D
sorry..

#186118 - 08/31/06 04:15 PM Re: Wrong question. [Re: The_Lightning]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

eeeeeh..... yes that`s the one that slipped me...

Yinta

#186119 - 08/31/06 04:48 PM Evidence procedure. [Re: Yinta]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
My point is simpler than all of this.

You had an experience.

The ASPR and BSPR have volumes of carefully investigated events like this in which the researchers checked what was claimed, looked for alternative explanations and added to the mountain of data.

So there is zero need to ask if someone else had this or that weird experience if you are trying to determine if weird things happen.

They do.

The real question is only if your experience was valid.

So to answer that question it is pointless to take a poll.

You have to dig deeper into your experience to find out if you are fooling yourself or not.

That is what I meant.

#186120 - 08/31/06 05:23 PM Re: strange feeling [Re: Yinta]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
"The Grotto is expected to remain clandestine, an underground cell that only the privileged may eventually come to know. And that too will not outlast its raison d’ętre."

Therefore it's kinda pointless to mention that you visited one! Loose lips, sink ships..remember.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#186121 - 09/01/06 12:19 AM Re: strange feeling [Re: x9x]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Therefore it's kinda pointless to mention that you visited one! Loose lips, sink ships..remember.

Oke, mmm yes i see. sorry
Thank you for the tip !

Yinta

Yinta

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements