Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#186712 - 09/04/06 08:52 AM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
i saw this earlier this evening while at work

im still stunned and cant believe its true, what a horrible way to die...but at least he died doing something he was passionate about

Crikey Steve! R.I.P

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#186713 - 09/04/06 09:31 AM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

The amount of news time this story is getting is quite amazing. Hearing how he was a savvy businessman, the millions he made being spent on Australia Zoo and other animal conservation projects.

He was not wrestling with the stingray, but was filming a segment for his young daughter Bindi's upcoming TV show. He swam over the stingray and was subsequently stung.

By all accounts, Bindi will one day follow in her father's footsteps.

#186714 - 09/04/06 10:31 AM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
This is sad news indeed. I have always loved the man and his work. A true animal he was!

#186715 - 09/04/06 11:05 AM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Just found out about this barely a minute ago. I always joked that Steve Irwin's antics were going to get him killed, but now that it's happened, I feel a bit sad, and even, surprised, as odd as that sounds. Though he took numerous dumb risks, I do admire and appreciate the passion he had for animals, especially maligned ones like crocodiles and such. He provided a useful educational service to his viewers, and he died as he lived---how many people can confidently say they'll probably die doing exactly what they love most? (Even though not having to die at all is better...)

And, in terms of personality and actually knowing about critters, he was a billion lightyears ahead of that "Grizzly Man" retard.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#186716 - 09/04/06 11:19 AM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You, sir, are my hero.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#186717 - 09/04/06 01:39 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Lust Offline

With a healthy ego the likes that Steve Irwin had, I am willing too bet that his name will stay in the minds of a lot of people for a very long time.
Hail The Crocodile Hunter!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#186718 - 09/04/06 02:01 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
The_Fool Offline

Loc: Far East
I join the whole world in mourning the loss of a great man.

It's the way he died that is most intriguing. I won't be surpised if it's a snake bite. In my country, the barbed tail of a giant stingray is believed to have magical properties. They are used by shamans to ward off evil spirits.

#186719 - 09/04/06 02:30 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
When I first heard about it on another newsgroup, I thought it was a joke. But sadly, all the news channels said differently.

I always enjoyed watching his show, especially back when I was keeping reptiles myself. Every now and then I'd pick up a new tip from the Croc Hunter, which was greatly appreciated when I'd have to handle a fiesty snake or catch a wild one that was menacing the neighborhood.

He was far more animated than other nature show hosts I'd seen before, and certainly raised the bar. I admired him both for his knowledge in his field and his showmanship.

His death did not shock me, but the manner in which he died certainly did. Like many people, I always expected him to go out with a venom bite or something of that sort. When I heard he died in the water, the first thing I thought was "saltwater croc". I would have never in my wildest dreams expected it to happen while swimming with stingrays.

I think his death may serve as a reminder that anything can happen. While I have no doubt that Mr. Irwin was extremely well qualified in his field, I think this tragedy might be a bit of a reality check for some of the more wreckless (and obviously less experienced) daredevils I've seen gracing the television screen lately.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#186720 - 09/04/06 02:58 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
This is indeed sad news. Steve Irwin was one of the most passionate people alive. Though he was a little over-the-top in his performances on television, he did spark an interest in animals in the minds of otherwise dull people.

He has achieved immortality in a way that few can rival. He will be missed....

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#186721 - 09/04/06 03:08 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Rene Offline

Loc: Denmark
This is in truth sad news.

My girl and i had the plesure to visit Australien zoo in May, and if there is a place on earth where magic is practised openly, it must be there. The abilleti the staff and in particular Steve, to entertain as well educate the puplic... thats magic.

He will be missed......
Television is there to keep you impedent. Television is like taking black paint to your eyes. (Bill Hicks.) I need no pendants round my neck, nor any signs on my wall. My true power is my ability to listen to my deepest desires, and see them forfilled...

#186722 - 09/04/06 03:10 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

i was very saddened to hear about the untimely death of steve- i am not normally the type of person to be sentimental about people who i don't know, but i have to say that i was stunned when i heard the news as i had a lot of respect for the guy.
it does seem like a terrible waste, but he has left a magnificent legacy- his conservation work will continue in the hands of others (there will no doubt be a 'steve irwin trust') and he has educated many people about wildlife and conservation in the way only he could. his enthusiastic style was unique and compelling, and i'm sure he will be remembered for many years to come.
hail steve irwin!

#186723 - 09/04/06 03:35 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I just read about this before coming online here. Though I am not a huge fan of his work, I do like what he did. He was a unique individual who loved what he did, I'm sad that he's gone.

#186724 - 09/04/06 04:24 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

Steve Irwin got what he deserved, there are ways to document animals without going up and grabbing them by the tail. It isn't helpful, it's disrespectful.

#186725 - 09/04/06 04:26 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
He was an obnoxious moron who got what was coming to him.

"When in another's lair...."
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#186726 - 09/04/06 04:29 PM Re: Steve Irwin 'The Crocodile Hunter' is dead [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

The fact that he was stung in the chest is rare, so of course one does wonder how exactly this occurred.

He was probably handling it.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
11890 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404142 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements