Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#188030 - 09/12/06 03:20 PM Crusader
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
I somethimes buy food and drinks at an Indian store, a nightshop if you want, this happened yesterday..and i ended up in a conversation with a muslim there that was shopping as well. He started talking about the 9/11 happening and so on,made stupid remarks about it and openly called me a crusader and enemy of the pure religion. I couln"d believe what that ass was saying at first.
I responded to him that i see no difference in color,gender..but that ALL 'lambs of god' will be slaughtered in the very end. And for once i took my baphomet necklace from under my shirt and showed it to him and asked "do you understand what i'm talking about now"?
Got him offended and took off, maybe not the smartest thing to do, i don't know..
It gave me an awesome feeling.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#188031 - 09/12/06 03:30 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
melektaus8 Offline

Loc: Michigan.
I don't find myself in situations like this exactly.

Now, there will be the occasional conversation regarding religion, politics etc. with those whose views I don't share to say the least.

If anyone asks me about religion, "I'm an atheist" is my response.

The last thing I need is attention brought to me that could put a damper on me going about my day.
"Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unfit must not perpetuate their sufferings in the bodies of their children. Through educational means the State must teach individuals that illness is not a disgrace but a misfortune for which people are to be pitied, yet at the same time that it is a crime and a disgrace to make this affliction the worse by passing it on to innocent creatures out of a merely egotistic yearning" - Adolf Hitler

http://www.woodharrow.com

#188032 - 09/12/06 03:35 PM Re: Crusader [Re: melektaus8]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
I only let my religion hang out in an area of life in which it will not have any adverse effect on me, such as in my circle of friends, and on a select few other occasions. I have not had any encounters from anyone like this, but because everyone seemed to be making a big deal about it yesterday I simply rewarded anyone that brought it up with a nice and quick "Happy Terrorist Day!" and let them go off on their way leaving their heads a bit cloudy.

#188033 - 09/12/06 03:38 PM Re: Crusader [Re: melektaus8]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

There's of course a difference between a healthy conversation and some hostile moronic extremist picking me as his target and equals me with a white christian idiot. Besides after a day of hard work, i don't want any of that stuff while i'm buying my groceries. To bite back is my motto, no matter what...

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

#188034 - 09/12/06 04:04 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

Got him offended and took off, maybe not the smartest thing to do, i don't know..
It gave me an awesome feeling.

You took a stand for what your belives are and had no false shame for it. I think that`s wy you had that great feeling
For that you should have a

Yinta

#188035 - 09/12/06 04:34 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Got him offended and took off, maybe not the smartest thing to do

No. It wasn't.

I never argue over religion. Especially with friends, family or even strangers for that matter.

If someone should call me a "crusader" or "enemy of whatever", I'd probably smile, say "okay well it was nice talking with you" then move along.

The whole "All lambs of God will be slaughtered" thingy actually puts you in the same catagory with the muslim.

HS!

#188036 - 09/12/06 04:53 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Seems to me that the asshole probably isn't in any position to cause you any trouble. After all, who is going to pay any attention to some extremist who calls you a devil worshipper? Keep you head up and your eyes open, though. You never know with some people.

#188037 - 09/12/06 05:12 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Maya]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

...who calls you a devil worshipper?

But we aren`t, so i don't see a problem in that...

Yinta

#188038 - 09/12/06 05:22 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
In my opinion that was dangerous and foolish (and obnoxious). If your not careful, your need to win such unimportant arguements with total strangers will get you killed.

#188039 - 09/12/06 05:38 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I rarely engage in conversation with estrangers, but if I do I never start a conversation about religion. And if someone starts it, I quickly tell him I donít talk about that theme. I do exactly the same with the theme of politics. Itís the best way to avoid problems.

#188040 - 09/12/06 05:54 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

In my opinion that was dangerous and foolish (and obnoxious). If your not careful, your need to win such unimportant arguements with total strangers will get you killed.

Is that opinion based on your own experiences?
Do you know someone who got killed becouse he revealed that he was a Satanist?

Yinta

#188041 - 09/12/06 06:03 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I only get on the topic of religion in a pure philosophical and historical point of view. I never get into personal beliefs.

I could imagine I would get pretty annoyed by some religious nut talking to me the same way you got talked to. I am not sure how I would react, but I am sure it wouldn't be the same way you did. I am too shy to even continue talking to a stranger like that after a simple smile and "hello".

#188042 - 09/12/06 06:15 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Maybe it's just Southern courtesy, but where I live, in the so-called Bible Belt no less, strangers don't just fire up conversations about religion, and if they do, you are 100% within common manners to tell them to mind their own business. At most, someone will assume that you're a Christian (a high probability) and will ask what church you go to. If you just say, "I don't" they will likely drop it; if they don't, you can tell them to piss off. If they get really offensive, just drop that magical "Jew" card and watch them cry.

Of course, I hear Europe is also being infested with Muslims who have no such respect. Here, they'd get their asses kicked in short order.

I don't suspect the guy can do anything about it. What's he going to do, take out an ad in the paper saying he met a Satanist at the local mini-mart?

#188043 - 09/12/06 06:31 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Here, they'd get their asses kicked in short order.

I agree.

In my neighbor that muslim would have gotten a swift kick in the ass.

There are too many overly-patriotic christian red-necks around here to be going around stirring up shit with random people.

#188044 - 09/12/06 06:36 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Yinta]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

The fact that he revealed that he was a Satanist is immaterial to how he put his safety in danger. Whether or not a person is willing to be violent over a matter of religion is an unknown. When confronted with an unkown you have two options, one involves an absence of risk, the other involves risk. When the risk is your life, the latter is foolish. Though I do have personal experiences involving these situations (other peoples mistakes, and my own), such experience is not needed to make a rational decision regarding ones own safety.

#188045 - 09/12/06 06:42 PM Re: Crusader [Re: x9x]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

A possible scenario for your next encounter with a son of a camel: pretend to agree with them, ask about what mosque they belong to, their name, how do you get in touch, etc. See what you can get.

I actually have been through this, and the idiot gave me his name and refered me to some muslim support organization.

I turned this information over to the local homeland security folks, along with a description of the guy and the episode.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#188046 - 09/12/06 07:15 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Phineas]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

A possible scenario for your next encounter with a son of a camel: pretend to agree with them, ask about what mosque they belong to, their name, how do you get in touch, etc. See what you can get.

I actually have been through this, and the idiot gave me his name and refered me to some muslim support organization.

I turned this information over to the local homeland security folks, along with a description of the guy and the episode.

That is pure genius, Magister.

Thank you for this advice.

If ever put in that situation, this is something that I would absolutely do.

#188047 - 09/12/06 07:28 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
That, as with all things Satanic depends on the situation. If Mr. x9x was simply using his Satanic affiliations to make some bothersome pest go away then I say no harm done. If this Dune Coone knows his name, address and workplace and has the means and inclination to harm him then perhaps it wasn't the brightest thing to do.

For some reason I don't think the later was the case.

Years ago an ex-friend of mine knew of this fat, rude and victim-culture-obsessed cow who worked at the local Juice Bar in the mall. She was a Wiccan L.U.G. (Lesbian Until Graduation) and was always rude and standoff-ish to the male customers.

He asked me to "flash the Baph" and put a scare into her.

Take a wild guess what I did.

I simply went to another juice bar because I knew that if I pulled a juvenile stunt like that I would get nothing but spit in my smoothies from then on. However I pulled out the goat one day at a bookstore after being approached by a duo of Mormons. In that case it worked great!

Ergo...some things are not worth the trouble so you had best use your judgment and I think x9x's was sound in this case.

HS!!!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#188048 - 09/12/06 08:25 PM Excellent suggestion! [Re: Phineas]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
This is a most honorable and intelligent thing to do.

Homeland Security needs all the help it can get.

Such a simple action might just save the lives of people you care for ... to include your own.

Thank you.

#188049 - 09/12/06 11:36 PM Re: Crusader [Re: Phineas]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

Thank you !
I understand the view of the Church on this topic now better.

again, thank you !

Yinta

#188050 - 09/13/06 01:44 AM Re: Crusader [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

I totally agree with you on this issue of revealing Satanic affiliation. This however, is as I said in my last post:

Quote:

...is immaterial to how he put his safety in danger.

by which I meant, the fact that he revealed that he was a Satanist wasn't the danger. To me it was just obnoxious. If being obnoxious worked for him, fine. To me the danger was in engaging the religious crazy at all; and with regards to that, I think Magister Phineas had the best idea, it has a high potential for benefit, with minimal to no risk.

#188051 - 09/13/06 03:05 AM Re: Crusader [Re: Colonel_Akula]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

There was no harm or danger involved in the end. I just made him to shut up. Even the fact that muslims overhere in Europe are rude and do act in a stupid way, there's no way we should sit still in the corner and endure the allah bullshit. After all i'm raised and born in this town and country, and without sounding racist, it's my territory and he's the stranger here that is rude and insulting.

|| Benjamin Franklin ||

|| George Bernard ||

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405797 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements