Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18827 - 01/03/04 12:57 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Citizen_Stokley]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

In my opinion, if Satanist are at any kind of war at all, it's with each other. I'm talking about one Satanic organization against another. There isn't really one organization that has a good relationship with the other.

Actually, Satanist in the same organization still have enemies with in it. Which is understandable because we are all so different.

So basically there isn't enough unity for us to be at war with anyone else.

There is no other Satanic organization.

There is no Satanic "community."

READ:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Bunco.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Syco.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Pretenders.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Map.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/MythCommunity.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/PseudoS.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Enema.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Lackey.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/RoseBrother.html

Don't be a sucker.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#18828 - 01/03/04 01:12 AM *ahem* [Re: Citizen_Stokley]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Stokely.

It helps to get PM's in return if you enable them in your user options.

I'd like to get back to you on those questions you asked me.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#18829 - 01/03/04 09:11 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Svengali]
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Georgia
Thank you for taking the time to list these pages for me. Although I have found most of this material myself when I was first realizing my Satanic self a few years ago and was almost fooled and taken in by one of these organizations, and yes, as you can see that I am a member today, I came to the conclusion that the CoS, as you said, was the only Satanic organization. I guess I should have quoted "Satanic" in my first post to clarify. I'm also aware that there is no Satanic community which was kind of my point completely by saying:

"Actually, Satanist in the same organization still have enemies with in it. Which is understandable because we are all so different.

So basically there isn't enough unity for us to be at war with anyone else."

None the less thank you for the sites. I think I'll keep the list for the next lost new comer because I sure know it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble.

P.S. I'll be sure to add "Don't be a sucker" to the end as well.

#18830 - 01/03/04 09:20 AM Re: *ahem* [Re: Felstorm]
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Georgia
Sorry about that, I fixed it.

#18831 - 01/03/04 10:39 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you gave me a chance to do what I wanted with weapons of mass destruction then I would be at war. I would just blow up as much as possible until you could go and take a nice walk without running into some jackass who does something to ruin what would have been a wonderful time to yourself. If I am at war with anyone or anything it's all that makes me stay to myself and prefer being alone so i don't have to deal with bullshit, cause that impends my enjoyment of all the wonder and beauty that fills the world around me. I just wish that the world's jackasses didn't fill space around me too.
DatheR

#18832 - 01/03/04 10:52 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well 'Yes' only an idiot would bring attention to himself say that he ends up feeling as though he is 'AT WAR'. Unfortunatley there are still misconceptions about Lavey Satanism, and there are still those who would do nearly anything possible so that we end up 'burning in Hell'. Then again, 'Hell' is what you make of it.

I do not go around introducing myself as a Satanist to everyone I meet, only an idiot would. You have to pick your battles on who you tell and who you don't. For there a just some people that you shouldn't tell. Yes, i am aware that The Church of Satan is an 'Above-ground Church', but it is very unsafe to go around telling everyone who you are. And as The Satanic Bible said, you must be safe.

#18833 - 01/03/04 12:19 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

If you gave me a chance to do what I wanted with weapons of mass destruction then I would be at war.

Actually, if someone gave you the chance to handle a weapon of mass destruction, you will be most likely to blow yourself to bits trying to figure out how it works.

#18834 - 01/03/04 05:36 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Of course Satanists are at WAR! Take me, for example. I'm at war with acne on my upper back.

Seriously, I think your friend may have a classic case ennui mixed with watching too many movies about brave warriors fighting great foes. Or, he may have a martyr complex, and may have read too much Sun Tzu while drinking one day. It's usually something like that.

Many religionists and politicists consider themselves to be at war. Their sentiments regarding this are fueled by feelings of vulnerability and fear, and feelings of boredom that stem from a lack of real entertainment and/or actual persecution. Therefore, I see most of the "we are at war" or "we must crusade" rallying as being just plain stupid, and wasteful of time and resources to boot.

I see myself as being on top of things to the point where I don't need to fight in a war. As the cream rises to the top, so too does the Satanist rise to the top by using superior reasoning, superior tactics, and superior finesse. I conquer obstacles and defeat foes as they come, and I spend the rest of my time doing things that are valuable and enjoyable to me. My battles against people or structures don't consume my time, energy, dreams, emotions, beliefs, or motives in the way they seem to consume your friend.

Also, the "we're at war" types tend to wear good-guy badges imblazoned with dreams of important and "good" crusades that must be waged, and I don't usually think in such good-guy/good quest terms.

I agree with whomever said that your friend's "war" may be distracting him from better endeavors.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#18835 - 01/03/04 06:30 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Please, stop using the term Lavey Satanism. There is only Satanism. The term LaVey Satanism was created by those who view themselves as a superior form of Satanism. They refuse to believe that Dr. LaVey was the true creator of Satanism. They are jealous.

I get annoyed when people use that saying, LaVey Satanism.

If you ask me what form of Satanism I practice I would say I am a Satanist.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#18836 - 01/04/04 09:50 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: TrojZyr]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was going to reply to the original question, but you pretty much said what I was going to say...so instead I'll just leave it at "very well put".....except for the slight cringe I got at the Sun Tsu remark, since I own that book and have read it a few times through, and the only stockpiling I think I've done lately are my weekly grocery store and art supply runs...heh...

#18837 - 01/04/04 10:48 AM Dare To Have Fun!
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
I discuss this very subject on the latest episode of "Satanism Today."

A lot of young Satanists need to lighten up. So many teenagers that write to the show think that Satanism should be about rebelling against the establishment, and waging a war of acceptance against society.

"Hogwash!" I say.

If you're so concerned with gaining acceptance from society at large, and you want people to shake your hand and say "Oh, you're a Satanist? Well, isn't that lovely," whenever you announce your affiliation, then the concept of Satanism is probably too much for you to understand.

As Satanists, we work behind the scenes. We work within the darkness of the shadows. No one is to know that we are influencing those around us, but our presence should be unmistakable and undeniable. We work within the confines and the constructs of our society to affect change to suit our own needs. If one of your needs includes acceptance, then it is you that needs to change... not society. Bend those towards your way by coming down to theie level for a little while... all the while maintaining that poise and grace that you, as a Satanist, should you have mastered already.

And most importantly... have fun! So many times, I'll get an email from some dumb kid who wants to know whay "Satanism today" isn't more about Greater Magic, dark rituals, and all of the "gloom and doom" that "Satanism should be."

My answer is always the same... because Satanism, if nothing else, should be fun.

Instead of waging that war against those who would shun you, go and seek out your own good time. Don't like sports? There's always music, literature, fine art, all kinds of intellectual stimulation that will sustain your brain until the next time you need a fun fix. Like to be active? Go for a walk, join a gym, practice some yoga, anything... find your own good time.

My challenge to all young Satanists out there is this: I dare you to have fun this year! Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be related to Satanism at all. The only criteria is that you have to enjoy doing it. If you don't, then there's no point. Get out there and seek your physical, intellectual, and/or emotional fortune by finally getting off your ass and doing something, instead of moping around like a "Sad Sally," wondering why everyone else is so damn happy.

The gauntlet has been dropped. Do any of you dare to accept my challenge?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#18838 - 01/04/04 11:25 AM One thing *DELETED* [Re: Magister_Harris]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Post deleted by Lars

#18839 - 01/04/04 11:58 AM Re: One thing [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy.

Quote:

I assume it was not your intention, but your advice comes off as if you were encouraging people to just get involved in any "hobby" or spare time activity in order to make their life happier.

Do something that you really enjoy, not just anything.

And am I to also assume that it was not your intention to not read the post before replying to it, and repeating exactly what I said?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#18840 - 01/04/04 12:02 PM Re: One thing [Re: Magister_Harris]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
I know that there is one sentence I just repeated, but I replied to your complete posting, not only to one sentence, because the rest of your posting does not really reflect this one sentence.

It was my intention to show how your posting comes off as a whole.

Edited by Lars (01/04/04 12:43 PM)

#18841 - 01/04/04 12:10 PM Re: Dare To Have Fun! [Re: Magister_Harris]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

My challenge to all young Satanists out there is this: I dare you to have fun this year! Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be related to Satanism at all. The only criteria is that you have to enjoy doing it. If you don't, then there's no point. Get out there and seek your physical, intellectual, and/or emotional fortune by finally getting off your ass and doing something, instead of moping around like a "Sad Sally," wondering why everyone else is so damn happy.

The gauntlet has been dropped. Do any of you dare to accept my challenge?

Excellent post Mr. Harris!

There is a huge difference between living it and just talking about it.

Quality of life is not only enhanced by doing the things we enjoy, but also by not subjecting ourselves to things we do not enjoy or benefit from.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406020 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements