Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18873 - 05/15/04 06:13 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Glanecia
Maybe your friend simply does not understand Satanism. Maybe your friend does. I would simply avoid the subject all together and do what made you guys friends in the first place. I have friends that I know would totally freak out and have a close minded opinion on it. If religion comes up I tell them that what ever you “believe” is fine. This is a free country (for now) last I checked. I was told long ago two things never to discuss with friend and family, politics and religion. At times this is very hard but I still love/like (most) of them.

Oh and by the way EE Cummings Rocks! My favorite is rhoppograsser (or however you spell it. Ya know that grasshopper one)

#18874 - 05/15/04 09:30 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Discipline]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Quote:

Might is right and I am proud to be a part of such an event of the strong over the weak.

I'll second that - it was not an act of duality, it was an act of nature.

Since you were in war i guess you can have a better view on all this things. I asked myself if the USA might be right or wrong - but i dont have any kind of sympathy feelings for 'em. I dont like them either. I've seen/felt enough about the insanity of the islam. They are like christians but they are even more worse - more fanatic and more brainwashed. But well even if they USA want just the oil, the ressources, the country - i wouldnt care. What the people do down there is even more worst if they would have just more power. If they could they would kill us all thats for sure. We better kill them first - The USA is not such bad as all. - This people dont want it on another way - i've met enough of brainwashed islam guys who talked about how they want to come in the paradise. Bah they are so stupid - eh they are stupid but they are even more dangerous, lil' tickin' bombs. The Human that lays it path/destiny in the hand of a non-existing deity is dangerous - some more, some less.

#18875 - 05/16/04 03:58 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Moria Offline

Sounds like your friend uses Satanism as an identity. When you make the mistake of believing in a satanic community, then you can easily fall prey to an "us vs. them" mentality.

I am not who I am because I am a Satanist. I am a Satanist because of who I am.
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#18876 - 05/16/04 04:02 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Discipline]
Moria Offline

Might is right and I am proud to be a part of such an event of the strong over the weak

Well said. I'll drink to that.
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#18877 - 05/16/04 04:45 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Moria]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I am not who I am because I am a Satanist. I am a Satanist because of who I am.

Well said.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#18878 - 05/16/04 07:20 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

:evil
well i have a few things to say anbout what u said. i'm over in iraq rite now and i don't really feel that the US is trying to dominate or anythig like that. The threat is still their and will be for a long time. If nobody would have come over here and stopd what was going on, then terorrist would have ended up running all over the world. Sombody has to stop it before it gets to be a bigger problem then it already is. Maybe if u would have been here and seen what is going on u might have a diff. openion, i don't know. But i am here and what i see is alot on people trying to make a go at life and the people that ran things were kepping them bak. and as far as ur "Western commercialization and brainwashing" comment thats really not whats going on here. the people r still living like they were just without fear from being killed or hurt for being happy and doing what they whant. this may not make alot of sence but thats just how me.

well on another note, i'm new to this site and i already luv it. so thanx for making someplace for me to go and chill. :mad

:tomb

#18879 - 05/16/04 08:35 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
Your friend may be causing problems for themself, but aren't we as Satanists at war, so to speak, with stupidity and those who would stand in the way of human potential. At least I think you would call it war. The bottom line is, do you feel you are at war? They are probably making the mistake of assuming that there is a Satanic Community. Like I said, it depends on how you feel about the subject.

#18880 - 05/16/04 09:23 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
"this may not make alot of sence but thats just how me."

bingo

#18881 - 05/16/04 01:29 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a former member of the U.S. Armed Forces, I personally have strong views over this war (that is still being faught) in Iraq. Saying that the invasion of Iraq was to bring freedom to the people is a lie. We are not there for them. We did not come there in search of weapons of mass destruction. We did not even come there for oil (however, I think that since we defeated the dictatorship in Iraq the U.S. and its allies are entitled to some of the revenues produced).

The United States went to war with Iraq to make an example to the rest of the arab world; Don't fuck with us. I mean how long did it take for us to conquer the enemy? A week? I don't remember how long it took, but it was very short.

The United States Millitary is unparalleled. We sell our crap to other countries so they can use it. If the U.S. went to war with all the arab countries combined there is no doubt to who would win. After America leaves Iraq, there will be new leadership there that still hates us. The Iraqi people don't want to be free, they don't want us there. Too fuckin bad, there stuck with us until we decide to leave.

#18882 - 05/16/04 04:25 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
mystigirl Offline

Loc: south of France
I do feel at war when people think of us as freek who beleives in the 'phylosophie of Alester Crowley', and us LaVeyans left in the same bag. Then I do feel at war.

HAIL ANTON S. LAVEY !

#18883 - 05/16/04 04:39 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Josephine007]
mystigirl Offline

Loc: south of France
My best penpal friend is in Iraq and is normaly based in Germany. We get intouch when he can through MSN Messenger, he may be back home for august. I have been for him a good satanic help during those last 3 years. And I am his dark queen !
HAIL SATAN !

#18884 - 05/16/04 07:20 PM ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

You are kidding, aren't you?

If not, my first question relates to the "us" you used in your posting, when you wrote "us LaVeyans". Who is us in this case? You aren't a member of the CoS, right? So why us?

And secondly: What is a "LaVeyan" for you? Honestly, I never heard someone proclaiming he or she is a LaVeyan. In fact I thought calling a CoS-Member "LaVeyan" is the best way to annoy him/her. For me a LaVeyan is a person, who just try to copy A. S. LaVey but actually this person didn't understand his writings at all.

#18885 - 05/16/04 09:45 PM Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: mystigirl]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I find the terms "LaVeyan" and "LaVeyanism" to be derogatory since they are intended to erase the term "Satanist" and "Satanism" off the Church of Satan, it's literature, it's members, and it's supporters. A top priority of pseudo-Satanists everywhere.

In my opinion it's usage should be eleminated. But that's just my personal opinion and observation on it's common usage and intent.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#18886 - 05/17/04 03:49 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Two things:

1. There are keys called "Shift". They make capital letters. Use them before starting a new sentence. Duh.

2. There's a thing called "spell check". It is your friend.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#18887 - 05/17/04 04:05 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Satanists aren't at war with anyone unless they started it themselves. To the young and unitiated, a war to bring down the oppressors sounds very grand and heroic, but ultimately, it's no fun (which, as Sabbra Cadabra so eloquently stated, is one of the main ingredients in Satanism).

Those who make a big fuss about how "Satanic" they are strike me as similar as the guys who buy a fancy sports car to make up for the fact that they have a small penis. Clear case of over-compensation.

Quote:

I say, if you're being persecuted, then it's your own damn fault for bringing attention to yourself. Don't blame 'the enemy' for not welcoming you - blame yourself for creating an enemy.

Very well put! Welcome to Letters, and enjoy your time here!

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements