Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#18812 - 01/01/04 06:05 AM Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My Satanist friend, whom I'm thinking less of and less of every day insists that we 'as Satanists' are at war. He left it at that. He did not say with whom, but he was very passionate about it. Do any of you think/feel that in being a Satanist you must be at war with someone/something?

Personally, I am not at war with anyone and I am not suffering any sort of persecution. It may 'bite' that I can't run down the street and shout "I'm a Satanist wooooohooooo" without fear of some sort of persecution.....but I don't put myself in those positions, so there is no 'war' to speak of!! Only an idiot would expect the christianized world to welcome him as a Satanist. I say, if you're being persecuted, then it's your own damn fault for bringing attention to yourself. Don't blame 'the enemy' for not welcoming you- blame yourself for creating an enemy.

I hope to see a variety of opinions, please let me know what you think.

#18813 - 01/01/04 06:13 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I think there is a cultural war that is being fought sometimes on the terms of politics and most often fought by people remaining strong and vigilent in their control over themselves (or on the other side, promoting someone else's control over them).

This friend may have some delusion that we should walk the city streets fighting Christian fundamentalists like some sort of religious soldier.

Politically? I'd say it's more like a battle than an all out war where we should fear marching cross bareing death squadrons sometime soon.

Thats my view.

Welcome to the board by the way. Is the site linked in your profile your own?

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#18814 - 01/01/04 06:19 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I am half tempted to go on a mini-rant about how strife is the mother of progress, but it seems off-topic.

I don't get where he's coming from. I've been very open on certain occasions about being a Satanist, and contrary to my expectations, it was treated with respect. Maybe it just needed to be tried? Or maybe the difference is that I behave like a respectable adult instead of a bratty teenager. Either way, nobody in any government agency has ever batted an eye when I listed religious affiliation as Satanist, despite the "Christian theocracy" so many fear President Bush in creating. Go figure.

There is no war between Satanists and "the rest of the world". You are not a group. Satanists need to learn their job is to get shit done, not to complain about the effort it takes to do so. Tell your friend that if he runs down my street shouting, whether its "I'm a Satanist" or "The sky is falling", I'm likely to call him in for a public disturbance. Its just my way of ensuring stupidity can be painful.

#18815 - 01/01/04 08:53 AM I'm at WAR!
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I'm at war all the time. My own personal war, where I'm the warrior (an army of one indeed ) and I fight battles every day.

Battles for survival, Darwinist battles you could call them. Battles for the acquisition or wealth and knowledge. Battles to perfect myself, to climb just another step in the ladder that could put another inch of distance between me and the stench of the mediocre mass below.

Are "The Satanists" at war? NO

Because there is not "The Satanists" in the first place, or at least in the sense that there is not a "brotherhood" a "community" or even a "common goal" that unite us, beyond the point we all chare the same philosophy and religion.

Every Satanist is an individual and he fights his own battle, even in the case a group of them join forces to obtain something.

A common misconception between the pseudo-Satanist (which happen to be attracted to message boards like this in great quantities) is that Satanism is anti-Christianity, or some kind of "Unholy War" against the Christian (or other religions) Those are the common responsible those "Hey, look what the Christians are saying now, lets all run there and boo" threads we read here some times.

Curiously, those who spend a lot of their time and energy "fighting wars" have little or nothing accomplished in the field of personal achievements. Check ou that, and you will discover is your friend is a real Satanist or just another pretender.

Also, you will never hear a real Satanist whine about how he is oppressed or victimized, because he knows there is no such thing.

There is also the case of real Satanists, who still in that first face of purging years of Christian "education" out of their systems, and tend to be jumpy about Christianity.

But basically a Satanist lives his own life and has better things to do that "trying to prove the Christians wrong" or "abolish Christianity".

#18816 - 01/01/04 09:05 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Sounds to me like he's thinking of Jihad.

Wrong religion.

#18817 - 01/01/04 10:41 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
I wouldn't say I'm at war with any group or religion as a whole. Certain individuals and their supporters with archaic ideals that want to govern aspects of life that I feel should be a matter of personal choice, sure I'll campaign against them. There are aspects of my lifestyle (not to mention my religion) that are not very popular with the common, and I'm more than happy to grab a microphone and start protesting if my freedom to make those choices is at risk. But those are my battles. I don't expect anyone else (Satanists or not) to jump into them unless they feel the desire to.

Like some others here, I'm fairly open about being a Satanist. I don't get shoes thrown at me or torch-carrying mobs at my doorstep. I can't tell you how many people have stopped to question the source of everything they thought they knew about Satanists (via their pastors and whatnot) after spending time with me.

I'm not saying they accept my religion, but I generally get treated the same way most Christians treat people of any other religion in polite society. If they have anything to say about it, they tend to keep it to themselves in my company. I grant them the same courtesy.

Needless to say, I don't run around like a rabid imbicile in an Ozzy shirt with a dead baby in one hand and a crack pipe in the other, which seems to be what people expect upon hearing the word "Satanist".

At the same time, when I do get the ocassional snide comment or disapproving look, I don't feel persecuted. These reactions have always come from people I wouldn't want to rub elbows with in the first place.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#18818 - 01/01/04 12:24 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Shiva]
Xerx Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Italy
At the same time, when I do get the occasional snide comment or disapproving look, I don't feel persecuted. These reactions have always come from people I wouldn't want to rub elbows with in the first place.
---
I also think the same. I wear the baphomet even if in general I say it is only a lucky charm.
Snide comment or disapproving look have the great effect of identifying the stupid, and this is the reason I wear the baphomet.

Hail Satan!
Xerx

#18819 - 01/01/04 01:11 PM He wishes.
Citizen_Parker Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

My Satanist friend, whom I'm thinking less of and less of every day insists that we 'as Satanists' are at war. He left it at that. He did not say with whom, but he was very passionate about it.

Satanists, as a whole, are not at war in the sense that we must be constantly seeking ways to one-up the spiritualists. Nor do I think such a thing is a requirement to be labeled a Satanist. There is a big difference between questioning, and flat-out attacking all dissenting opinions. "Question all things" means to take nothing for granted, nothing at face value, and to evaluate and consider something before making any conclusions. It does not mean to disagree simply for the sake of disagreeing and making an ass out of yourself. Playing the devil's advocate is sometimes fun, even when you wind up arguing the exact opposite of what you truly feel, but it should not become ones reason d'etre.

Sorry. I got off topic a tad. Back to your friend, it seems to me he has fallen into the common trap of judging the validity of one's own beliefs from their acceptance by others.

I see it as one of the fundamental drives behind those who actively attempt conversion. In such a way, they validate their own feelings. They see a difference in opinion as a direct attack on their own convictions.

Quote:

Don't blame 'the enemy' for not welcoming you- blame yourself for creating an enemy.

Exactly. Why go screwing up your comfort by creating an issue where none exists? Going around proudly declaring yourself a Satanist, all the while giving everyone the stink-eye to dare and confront you, has no other motive than to bulk-up a fragile identity.

It seems to me that your friend needs to focus less on using Satanism as an identifier, and give more attention as to how his actions define himself.

But, from what I gather in your post, I'm preaching to the choir. Welcome to the board!

Parker

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#18820 - 01/01/04 01:40 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Ask your "friend" this; "What's this "we" you keep referring to?"

"We" should rarely be used in the same sentence as "Satanists". There is not a Satanic "community", but a group of productive individuals linked together by an organisation called The Church of Satan. There is no room for martyrs or idiots within the Church of Satan. Your aquaintance is in the fast lane for counterproductive pride and stupidity. I'd distance myself.

Quote:

Do any of you think/feel that in being a Satanist you must be at war with someone/something?

I'm a chronic misanthrope, so I have a perpetual disgust with people in general. But I feel no need to start a pseudo-Satanic Christian-copycat Crusade against the predominant religious establishment in the world. I feel a responsibility to stick with Pentagonal Revisionism and keep religion from influencing secular government, but I'm not going to cut my own throat by starting a war that will eliminate white-light religions from the face of the earth. As far as I am concerned, it has it's place.

After all, who will wash my car, and deliver my pizza piping hot in 30 minutes or less, if there are no talentless Christians about to do it? They are useful for mundane tasks I'd rather not perform myself, and their religious structure keeps them stupid and sedated. Just what they want and deserve.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#18821 - 01/01/04 03:55 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Anonymous
Unregistered

LeviathanXIII said :[q]Tell your friend that if he runs down my street shouting, whether its "I'm a Satanist" ...edited..., I'm likely to call him in for a public disturbance. Its just my way of ensuring stupidity can be painful.[/q]

Remind me to never walk down your street.

As far as if we are at war or not, who is this "we"?? I like to think form time to time "we" or "us Satanists", but there's no such thing other than what other posters have said: Satanists aligned together with the same philosophy.

Usually I'll say "we" when talking to the herd (if one stops and asks me about my Baphomet) just to simplify things so the conversation can at least be followed on a simple level. It's either that or hear them tell me off and go "pray" for me when they don't get it. At least this way if they're being genuine, it stops and makes them think when they walk away.

SatanicMechanic

#18822 - 01/01/04 04:20 PM Re: I'm at WAR! [Re: Old_Pig]
Max Rose Offline

"Hey, look what the Christians are saying now, lets all run there and boo"

Hahaha , I hadnt really looked at it like that before... but now that you mention it that is really all it comes down to.

#18823 - 01/01/04 06:46 PM Excellent post.
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I would suggest that Satanists are those who have already won the war and are now enjoying the spoils thereof.

The war was won when the Satanist realized that the mores of the culture were upside down and chose then to properly invert them. (Please note the use of the word properly).

Others may choose to declare war against the Satanist but those who do are not themselves capable of winning.

To challenge the full force of reality as it is, is to already be defeated.

Excellent post.

Thank you.

#18824 - 01/01/04 08:41 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, well first things first I am Glanecia's friend that she has posted about... I didnt ever point out it was Satanists at war, I was stating that there have been battles (so to speak) concerning the seperation of church and state, I unfortunatly had forgotten to state that fact. I was a little heated about some issues we had had in the past concerning a group we were involved in. Anyways about the "Satanists at WAR" no it wasnt about Satanists it was solely about the seperation of Church and State- and yes as a collective Satanists and other religious and philiosphical minds have indeed been the victors on many fronts, but I feel the job is not yet done. I dont care for the destruction of the Christian religions, in fact I think they should keep that which they believe in.

So what I am trying to say here is... Satanists may not be at war, on any level but we still have far to go when it comes to the seperation of Church and State. I appoligise for any missunderstanding.

Samael

#18825 - 01/02/04 06:11 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

War? It may be a convolution of personal experiences for him, I have seen no evidence of
war! It may be that he is easily irascible by simple things.
A Satanists deductive reasoning would supercede such matters unless they see cause
and in doing so would have an assured victory. Brandishing intellect over aggression is a victory
itself.
With the expanse of elite individuals here covering the globe, I'm sure you will find
your answer!
Superlative post Glanecia, always a pleasure to see you!

Edited by Ossuary (01/02/04 06:13 PM)

#18826 - 01/03/04 12:08 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Georgia
In my opinion, if Satanist are at any kind of war at all, it's with each other. I'm talking about one "Satanic" organization against another. There isn't really one organization that has a good relationship with the other.

Actually, Satanist in the same organization still have enemies with in it. Which is understandable because we are all so different.

So basically there isn't enough unity for us to be at war with anyone else.

#18827 - 01/03/04 12:57 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Citizen_Stokley]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

In my opinion, if Satanist are at any kind of war at all, it's with each other. I'm talking about one Satanic organization against another. There isn't really one organization that has a good relationship with the other.

Actually, Satanist in the same organization still have enemies with in it. Which is understandable because we are all so different.

So basically there isn't enough unity for us to be at war with anyone else.

There is no other Satanic organization.

There is no Satanic "community."

READ:

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Bunco.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Syco.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Pretenders.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Map.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/MythCommunity.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/PseudoS.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Enema.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Lackey.html

http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/RoseBrother.html

Don't be a sucker.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#18828 - 01/03/04 01:12 AM *ahem* [Re: Citizen_Stokley]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Stokely.

It helps to get PM's in return if you enable them in your user options.

I'd like to get back to you on those questions you asked me.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

#18829 - 01/03/04 09:11 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Svengali]
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Thank you for taking the time to list these pages for me. Although I have found most of this material myself when I was first realizing my Satanic self a few years ago and was almost fooled and taken in by one of these organizations, and yes, as you can see that I am a member today, I came to the conclusion that the CoS, as you said, was the only Satanic organization. I guess I should have quoted "Satanic" in my first post to clarify. I'm also aware that there is no Satanic community which was kind of my point completely by saying:

"Actually, Satanist in the same organization still have enemies with in it. Which is understandable because we are all so different.

So basically there isn't enough unity for us to be at war with anyone else."

None the less thank you for the sites. I think I'll keep the list for the next lost new comer because I sure know it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble.

P.S. I'll be sure to add "Don't be a sucker" to the end as well.

#18830 - 01/03/04 09:20 AM Re: *ahem* [Re: Felstorm]
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Sorry about that, I fixed it.

#18831 - 01/03/04 10:39 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you gave me a chance to do what I wanted with weapons of mass destruction then I would be at war. I would just blow up as much as possible until you could go and take a nice walk without running into some jackass who does something to ruin what would have been a wonderful time to yourself. If I am at war with anyone or anything it's all that makes me stay to myself and prefer being alone so i don't have to deal with bullshit, cause that impends my enjoyment of all the wonder and beauty that fills the world around me. I just wish that the world's jackasses didn't fill space around me too.
DatheR

#18832 - 01/03/04 10:52 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well 'Yes' only an idiot would bring attention to himself say that he ends up feeling as though he is 'AT WAR'. Unfortunatley there are still misconceptions about Lavey Satanism, and there are still those who would do nearly anything possible so that we end up 'burning in Hell'. Then again, 'Hell' is what you make of it.

I do not go around introducing myself as a Satanist to everyone I meet, only an idiot would. You have to pick your battles on who you tell and who you don't. For there a just some people that you shouldn't tell. Yes, i am aware that The Church of Satan is an 'Above-ground Church', but it is very unsafe to go around telling everyone who you are. And as The Satanic Bible said, you must be safe.

#18833 - 01/03/04 12:19 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

If you gave me a chance to do what I wanted with weapons of mass destruction then I would be at war.

Actually, if someone gave you the chance to handle a weapon of mass destruction, you will be most likely to blow yourself to bits trying to figure out how it works.

#18834 - 01/03/04 05:36 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Of course Satanists are at WAR! Take me, for example. I'm at war with acne on my upper back.

Seriously, I think your friend may have a classic case ennui mixed with watching too many movies about brave warriors fighting great foes. Or, he may have a martyr complex, and may have read too much Sun Tzu while drinking one day. It's usually something like that.

Many religionists and politicists consider themselves to be at war. Their sentiments regarding this are fueled by feelings of vulnerability and fear, and feelings of boredom that stem from a lack of real entertainment and/or actual persecution. Therefore, I see most of the "we are at war" or "we must crusade" rallying as being just plain stupid, and wasteful of time and resources to boot.

I see myself as being on top of things to the point where I don't need to fight in a war. As the cream rises to the top, so too does the Satanist rise to the top by using superior reasoning, superior tactics, and superior finesse. I conquer obstacles and defeat foes as they come, and I spend the rest of my time doing things that are valuable and enjoyable to me. My battles against people or structures don't consume my time, energy, dreams, emotions, beliefs, or motives in the way they seem to consume your friend.

Also, the "we're at war" types tend to wear good-guy badges imblazoned with dreams of important and "good" crusades that must be waged, and I don't usually think in such good-guy/good quest terms.

I agree with whomever said that your friend's "war" may be distracting him from better endeavors.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#18835 - 01/03/04 06:30 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Please, stop using the term Lavey Satanism. There is only Satanism. The term LaVey Satanism was created by those who view themselves as a superior form of Satanism. They refuse to believe that Dr. LaVey was the true creator of Satanism. They are jealous.

I get annoyed when people use that saying, LaVey Satanism.

If you ask me what form of Satanism I practice I would say I am a Satanist.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#18836 - 01/04/04 09:50 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: TrojZyr]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was going to reply to the original question, but you pretty much said what I was going to say...so instead I'll just leave it at "very well put".....except for the slight cringe I got at the Sun Tsu remark, since I own that book and have read it a few times through, and the only stockpiling I think I've done lately are my weekly grocery store and art supply runs...heh...

#18837 - 01/04/04 10:48 AM Dare To Have Fun!
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
I discuss this very subject on the latest episode of "Satanism Today."

A lot of young Satanists need to lighten up. So many teenagers that write to the show think that Satanism should be about rebelling against the establishment, and waging a war of acceptance against society.

"Hogwash!" I say.

If you're so concerned with gaining acceptance from society at large, and you want people to shake your hand and say "Oh, you're a Satanist? Well, isn't that lovely," whenever you announce your affiliation, then the concept of Satanism is probably too much for you to understand.

As Satanists, we work behind the scenes. We work within the darkness of the shadows. No one is to know that we are influencing those around us, but our presence should be unmistakable and undeniable. We work within the confines and the constructs of our society to affect change to suit our own needs. If one of your needs includes acceptance, then it is you that needs to change... not society. Bend those towards your way by coming down to theie level for a little while... all the while maintaining that poise and grace that you, as a Satanist, should you have mastered already.

And most importantly... have fun! So many times, I'll get an email from some dumb kid who wants to know whay "Satanism today" isn't more about Greater Magic, dark rituals, and all of the "gloom and doom" that "Satanism should be."

My answer is always the same... because Satanism, if nothing else, should be fun.

Instead of waging that war against those who would shun you, go and seek out your own good time. Don't like sports? There's always music, literature, fine art, all kinds of intellectual stimulation that will sustain your brain until the next time you need a fun fix. Like to be active? Go for a walk, join a gym, practice some yoga, anything... find your own good time.

My challenge to all young Satanists out there is this: I dare you to have fun this year! Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be related to Satanism at all. The only criteria is that you have to enjoy doing it. If you don't, then there's no point. Get out there and seek your physical, intellectual, and/or emotional fortune by finally getting off your ass and doing something, instead of moping around like a "Sad Sally," wondering why everyone else is so damn happy.

The gauntlet has been dropped. Do any of you dare to accept my challenge?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#18838 - 01/04/04 11:25 AM One thing *DELETED* [Re: Magister_Harris]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Post deleted by Lars

#18839 - 01/04/04 11:58 AM Re: One thing [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Quote:

Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy.

Quote:

I assume it was not your intention, but your advice comes off as if you were encouraging people to just get involved in any "hobby" or spare time activity in order to make their life happier.

Do something that you really enjoy, not just anything.

And am I to also assume that it was not your intention to not read the post before replying to it, and repeating exactly what I said?
Host - Hate Speech Radio

#18840 - 01/04/04 12:02 PM Re: One thing [Re: Magister_Harris]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

I know that there is one sentence I just repeated, but I replied to your complete posting, not only to one sentence, because the rest of your posting does not really reflect this one sentence.

It was my intention to show how your posting comes off as a whole.

Edited by Lars (01/04/04 12:43 PM)

#18841 - 01/04/04 12:10 PM Re: Dare To Have Fun! [Re: Magister_Harris]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

My challenge to all young Satanists out there is this: I dare you to have fun this year! Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be related to Satanism at all. The only criteria is that you have to enjoy doing it. If you don't, then there's no point. Get out there and seek your physical, intellectual, and/or emotional fortune by finally getting off your ass and doing something, instead of moping around like a "Sad Sally," wondering why everyone else is so damn happy.

The gauntlet has been dropped. Do any of you dare to accept my challenge?

Excellent post Mr. Harris!

There is a huge difference between living it and just talking about it.

Quality of life is not only enhanced by doing the things we enjoy, but also by not subjecting ourselves to things we do not enjoy or benefit from.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#18842 - 01/04/04 12:51 PM In That Case [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Then let's look at the whole post:

Quote:

I assume it was not your intention, but your advice comes off as if you were encouraging people to just get involved in any "hobby" or spare time activity in order to make their life happier.

Actually, this was my intention, entirely.

So many times people are so busy looking for "the answer," that they don't see it until it blasts you like a brick to the side of the head. Yes... those "shallow" activites do, in fact, enrich us physically, intellectually, and emotionally. For example... "Mediocrity Today," as you so insulting put it, is a hobby for me. Yes... sorry folks, sorry to burst your bubble... I ain't gettin' rich financially doing this show.

I am, however, gaining riches through the intellectual and emotional stimulation this show provides me. And that, to me, is worth just as much to me as any dollar figure I could get paid to do this. Sounds awfully fulfilling for something that's just a "hobby," don't you think?

Now, I have another "hobby:" weightlifting. I weightlift 5 days a week, for about an hour a day. Now, what have I gained from it? Size, strength, health and heightened awareness. Yes... heightened awareness. The stimulation of the muscles in my body, as well as the release of adrenaline into my bloodstream everytime I workout, increases my awareness of my surroundings. It helps to put me in touch with my natural animal instincts. Again, awfully stimulating for something that's just a "hobby."

Quote:

This sounds like a shallow advice from "Mediocrity Today", rather than "Satanism today".

Now, that just hurts my feelings. Anyone up for a game of "sushi" to help make me feel better about myself?

(side note: free CD-R copy of any episode of Satanism Today: The Radio Show to the first person that emails me at David_Harris@radiofreesatan.com and explains that comment.)

Quote:

The mediocre herd needs "hobbies" to get their time by, instead of being creative and thinking for themselves.

I think that I've explained in enough detail that one's hobbies do, in fact, lead to creative expression and thinking for one's self. If you are still having an issue with that concept, well then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

Quote:

The term "hobby" as it is used today implicates a life where you need some special activity in order to have at least something in your life that you can enjoy for a while, something you need as a sort of compensation for a mediocre life, something you need to do in order to support the "hobby" industry made for those who aren't able to grasp what creativity means and at the same time stop thinking about a system that encourages you to have "hobbies".

From Dictionary.com
hob·by1
n. pl. hob·bies
An activity or interest pursued outside one's regular occupation and engaged in primarily for pleasure.

From The Satanic Bible pg. 81 Indulgence... Not Compulsion

"Satanism encourages its followers to indulge in their natural desires. Only by so doing can you be a completely satisfied person with no frustrations which can be harmful to yourself and others around you."

Again, those so busy looking for "the answer," are most often the ones that don't notice it beating them upside the skull.

Quote:

Enjoy your life, indulge in everything you like, but do it consciously as a reflection of what you are, instead of wasting your time trying to have "a happy time". You will just fool yourself.

Do something that you really enjoy, not just anything.

Besides repeating the entire sentiment of my post in this last phrase, you added the phrase "instead of wasting your time trying to have a 'happy time.'" Now, hobbies are one thing, happy times are another entirely. Neither of which would I consider a waste of time. Happy times for me include an enriching night out with friends, an evening of snuggling with the future Mrs. Harris, or playing that ever mentally-enriching and educational video game, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (man, I love that flame thrower. ) Now, could I be more productive during these scant few hours of my life? Certainly. Is it a waste of my time to engage in these activities? Hell, no. Why? Because I find them enjoyable. Period. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

Quote:

"Undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit."

Indeed.

My friend, you seem to be an intelligent, well-spoken individual. It does, however, seem like you may need to read the first sentence of my original post (not counting the plug for my show, of course,) and take it under advisement.

Edited by Sabbra_Cadabbra (01/04/04 01:06 PM)
Host - Hate Speech Radio

#18843 - 01/04/04 01:15 PM Re: In That Case [Re: Magister_Harris]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Fantastic reply Mr. Harris!

And might I add a quote from the Doctor himself...

"Satan demands that you live your life as fully as you can, prosper by your own wits and avoid misery. You wouldn't believe what a tall order that is for most people!"

I know I will have alot of fun this year as I'm engaged to the love of my life!

And back to the original post topic, BRAVO for your post! Nothing more to add except I whole heartedly agree!

#18844 - 01/04/04 01:36 PM Re: In That Case [Re: Magister_Harris]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Absolutely!

I say spend little time worrying about what the herd is up to (the time to is only if it effects you) and more time doing what pleases you.

Kudos on Satanism Today, I am glad it is one of your hobbies since I get enjoyment from listening to it when I have the time to do so. This goes for all of RadioFreeSatan as a whole.

Working out, and most definately Grand Theft Auto: Vice City are on the top of my list, along with college (yes, I enjoy school, strange, no?), eating, camping, photography, hell the list goes on. All of them enriching, none of them spent considering the herd.

Hey, if what I am doing is popular all of the sudden, so be it. I'm not going to forego dining at my favorite little bistro just because Italian food is now the latest fad. Nor will I stop using black and white film now that digital is all the rage. Fads, and the people that follow them come and go. My hobbies are my hobbies because of the life-lifting effect they give me.

So if it works for you, (and is legal), do it.
If not, don't subject yourself to it, unless masochism gives you pleasure.

And again Mr. Harris, thank you for doing Satanism Today.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#18845 - 01/04/04 01:52 PM Re: In That Case (edited) [Re: Magister_Harris]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Now you've made your point clear, Sir.

Again, I just wanted to show how your first posting came off.

It was not my intention to insult you or proove you wrong.

Your last answer excellently reflects what I had in mind when talking about indulgence.

Please take my apologize for being so harsh.

Edited by Lars (01/05/04 04:43 AM)

#18846 - 01/04/04 03:44 PM Re: Dare To Have Fun! [Re: Magister_Harris]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Hail!

Quote:

My answer is always the same... because Satanism, if nothing else, should be fun.

Yes! Yes, yes, yes. This is the whole point of it is it not? As the anti-thesis to spiritual religions, Satanists should be trying to have as much fun as possible.

It is the job of the Satanist to make the Christians hurry off to church to wash off the "taint". That old fashioned Satan that makes them genuflect and suck down communion wine like orange Tang.

Like that custard that cannot be nailed to a wall, a Satanist that can present a confusing image will keep the mindless bewildered for hours. Satanists are stero-typically supposed to be dour and unhappy, (not that this isn't a useful tool) but if one is perpetually truculent it's not conducive to Lesser Magic and makes the manipulation of others more difficult. Not to mention one feels like shit as well. If you put your body physically into a certain position you will soon manifest the kind of attitude that you are emulating. If one is constantly frowning, pretty soon you'll find yourself unhappy about something. If you are constantly walking around slack shouldered, eyes cast to the ground, you'll find yourself acting less assertive and more passive.

Aye. "Get a Life" in Satan Speaks comes to mind as a good essay to re-read. That and I would invite anyone that feels compelled to play the role of a perpetually sour-faced, eternally truculent, social crusading, Satanic Stooge to spend a few moments contemplating the picture of Anton LaVey on the back of Satan Speaks. Could that be a smile on the face of the founder of the Church of Satan?

Ha!

Hail to you Sabbra!

Hail Satan!

Are You One of Us?

#18847 - 01/04/04 08:03 PM Re: One thing [Re: Jack_Bauer]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
Lars: "I assume it was not your intention, but your advice comes off as if you were encouraging people to just get involved in any "hobby" or spare time activity in order to make their life happier."

I didn't take his advice that way at all, mainly because of this statement, quoted by yourself:

"Shed that frown and find a hobby. One that you really enjoy. It doesn't have to be related to Satanism at all. The only criteria is that you have to enjoy doing it. If you don't, then there's no point."

"Mediocrity Today"

I really hope that I never see a remark like this again here regarding Sabbra's wonderful show.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#18848 - 01/04/04 08:15 PM Re: One thing [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
Splitting hairs, are we?

Maybe you should stop trying to make everything a serious debate. Or maybe dramatizing every point you make makes you happy...

#18849 - 01/04/04 08:15 PM Did I see the magic "S" word?? [Re: Magister_Harris]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sushi???
Count me in!!!
I'll bring the ball!

Let's make it interesting...
A change of rules perhaps?
Any suggestions?

#18850 - 01/05/04 04:39 AM Re: One thing [Re: MagistraNadramia]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

I see that my use of the word "mediocrity" was not appropriate and I told Mr.Harris I didn't want to insult him.

I apologize for being that harsh.

I realize that I really got him wrong, because of my inaccurate perception of his words.

#18851 - 01/05/04 03:00 PM Re: Dare To Have Fun! [Re: Magister_Harris]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Excellent, Mr. Harris!

Life is the great indulgence, so it makes sense to dive in and enjoy it. There are already so many people bemoaning it, grumbling about it, and just generally suffering from FUD (Fidgeting Until Death) Syndrome, so why not fill a different and ultimately more enjoyable niche?

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#18852 - 01/05/04 08:21 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Maybe your friend is at war with himself/herself. I'm not at war with anybody, nor do I have need to be.
Do you go to war with the roaches in your apartment? Surely, they're pests, but do you value them highly enough to consider yourself at war with them? No, I would certainly not consider war against an unworthy adversary, therefore, as a Satanist, I am not at war.
I don't regard very highly the ignorant and certainly not enough to waste that much time on them.

#18853 - 01/05/04 09:09 PM Re: Dare To Have Fun! [Re: Magister_Harris]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Exactly! Thank you.
Let's not forget the best about about being a Satanist: self gratification. If you're going to work for some lost cause trying to convince people you don't care for about something they don't want to hear, you may as well tote your holy bible door to door with all the other jehova witnesses.
Point being, if you're going to make yourself the martyr, then you've missed the whole point of Satanism.

#18854 - 01/06/04 06:41 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
I don't think that it's accurate to say that Satanists are at "war". I think there is a war however. Man vs. his own nature. Satanists embrace their natural instincts and as a result they have no time or interest in "battling" anyone when they could be enjoying their lives instead. It's the people who deny their nature who are forever at war with themselves and with each other. Besides, how would a Satanist "win" if we were "at war"? Take over the world and destroy everyone who disagrees with them? It's absurd because there will always be an opposition. There will always be that balance. I couldn't imagine a world where everyone agrees with me, that would suck! Even when Christianity is gone it will be replaced by something equally as annoying.As long as you live your life to its fullest and live by your own rules you will always be the winner.

#18855 - 01/06/04 08:46 PM Persecution complexes and the people who have them
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Some people out there need to be persecuted because it validates thier self worth, so they court persecution by siding with those they see as persecuted. One just needs to look at anti-war demonstrators baiting cops so that they can get beaten like so many hippies before them. The difference is most of the hippies (back in tha day) had a legitimate beef with what was going on in thier society. These people don't but they want to get hurt, they need to get hurt. I would suggest that your "Satanist" friend is one of these people and without Satanism as his/her vent, they would just take up something else that they perceive as apropriate to that itch they need to scratch.

Edited by Shiboleth (01/06/04 08:48 PM)

#18856 - 01/08/04 05:00 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Foxred Offline

Loc: .
Your friend could be right and could be not too. It all depends on many personal factors. Some humans are very warlike, christians included. It doesn't mean you loose the right to be what you want to be. Nothing is compulsory.

#18857 - 01/08/04 12:58 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
CURB_YOUR_GOD Offline
CoS Member

Loc: In XANADU did Kubla Khan a sta...
Tell your friend he is absolutely 100% WRONG about Satanists being at war! You can also let him know that if I catch word of him saying that again, me and my team of super secret Satanic commando's will rappel through his bedroom window and frag his sorry ass!

" I'll tell you this, No eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn "
"The Wasp" by The Doors

#18858 - 01/08/04 05:24 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: CURB_YOUR_GOD]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

super secret Satanic commando's

Can't....stop...laughing....
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#18859 - 01/21/04 08:22 AM Re: One thing [Re: MagistraNadramia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

> I really hope that I never see a remark like this again here
> regarding Sabbra's wonderful show.

Now that you have publicly granted us your views on the show, I am sure there is no danger of anyone here ever again insulting Mr Harris' show in any small or large way.

Hail the Citizens of the Infernal Empire!
Hail Magistra Nadramia!
Hail Davis Harris!
Hail!

#18860 - 01/21/04 08:56 AM Re: In That Case (edited) [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Your problem, Mr. Lars, is that in your attempts to catch the eye of the hierarchy by forever trying to teach everyone what Satanism is you are making yourself look rather prickly and argumentative.

But you have indeed caught their eye again, as is abundantly clear in this particular instance. The problem is that, once again, you are wrong.

Apologies do not really wash in matters such as this, they serve only as an indication of you weakly back peddling. What would be better is that you learn from the episode and amend your sour ways

I normally try to avoid showing lack of respect to another CoS member in front of the yellows in public; I prefer to uphold the fact that we are a cabal. In your case I have made an exception. You are far too often annoying, but all is not lost, for there there is hope for you once you have learned a few things.

A bit like a young puppy who is really quite lovely but just needs his ass kicked every so often to put him in his place.

Now don't go getting angry. I say this out of a genuine desire to help you along. I think it's good advice; you of course may disagree.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#18861 - 01/21/04 09:10 AM Re: In That Case DELETED [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Post deleted by Lars. This does not belong into the public area.

#18862 - 01/21/04 09:16 AM Re: In That Case (edited) *DELETED* [Re: Jack_Bauer]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Reverend_Ventrue

#18863 - 01/21/04 03:51 PM Re: In That Case (edited)
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

>>it is only because he knows when he needs to "play along" to not get banned in here.<<

Firstly. It takes one to know one.

Secondly, this statement is arrogant and presumptuous in the extreme.

Are You One of Us?

#18865 - 01/21/04 10:39 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Dan_Dread]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Okay, not only has your friend apparently have some strange news souce that the rest of us arent privy to, he sounds like a michigan militia men. oh, and "super secret commandos" hahahahahahahahahahahhaha!!!

#18866 - 01/27/04 10:16 PM Re: In That Case (edited)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Archie.
Your comments on LttD, in one of my previous posts there, were sufficiant to get it locked. This, I did NOT appriciate. If you so feel the need to ramble on, I ask that you please choose not to do so, in one of my posts. Thank you for not offering your opinion in a post I write.

#18867 - 01/31/04 02:47 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was at war, but that was in Iraq, and now I'm afely in the greatest nation on earth. So let me say that some Satanists are at war. It is not persecution, or political. It is the real kind with bullets, and RPGs. Lets all try to remember our Satanic Siblings fighting not for our religion, but the freedom for anyone to have a different opinion. Oh yah, Kosovo sucked too.

#18868 - 01/31/04 04:15 PM The Great Euphemism: Freedom
Captn_Thatch Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 115°49'00"W 37°14'00"N
(edit - I hope this statement doesn't seem ignorant. I'm not taking an issue with sympathizing with the US troops. I'm taking issue with why we should)

Why should I be sympathetic towards someone fighting for someone else's "freedom"? Is Iraq's freedom going to benefit my own freedom? I as a Satanist could not give a crap any more than I can care about Sally Jesse Raphael trying to get stupid kids off the street. What I can give a crap about is blowing up an enemy. Since that enemy is no longer a threat, I am content. But the whole "freedom" euphemism is a load of political mullarky. We're trying to dominate the world, here, and prepare Iraq for Western commercialization and brainwashing, so that corporate elites can expand their markets and rake in some friggin' dough. How can we expect to make money off of a bunch of people that don't even know how to live in apartments and watch a lot of t.v. commercials? How is someone supposed to build their casino in the middle of a barren desert when no one can afford to walk in the door? How is a billion dollar porn market supposed to invade a country that doesn't even believe in nudity? Obviously, these people need to be trained. That's why we're over there. It's called "Cowboy Politics".

I learn something new every day. Maybe other people do, too.

Edited by KLeBlanc (01/31/04 05:35 PM)

#18869 - 01/31/04 05:08 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Josephine007 Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Zero Point Field
I have some good friends over there now. One just returned recently and the person who replaced him was killed within a week.

Glad you made it home safe.

#18870 - 02/01/04 04:47 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Well said.

I fought in Iraq and I never claimed it was for freedom. Not freedom for the Iraqies nor for the freedom of those at home. I was fighting because the U.S. government's agenda. I was fighting because it was my job. I was fighting to stay alive. I was fighting to keep those who fought besides me alive. I was never fighting for anyone's freedom. I was there to impose the will and might of the U.S. government and I did it well and efficiently.

Might is right and I am proud to be a part of such an event of the strong over the weak.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#18871 - 05/15/04 04:26 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Undead67 Offline

Loc: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
And how exactly does "Western commercialization" help you in any way?

#18872 - 05/15/04 05:00 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
puppetmaster25 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Houston,Texas
I happen to agree with you.If we put ourselves in the place to be made fun of then others then will take that opening to judge us.We must first come to understand and accept ourselves for the individualists we are,therefore....there could only be a war we first let begin.Theres always going to be someone that doesn't understand what we feel or think as far as our ideals go.If your friend or the person you speak of feels this way then perhaps they are at war within themself.

#18873 - 05/15/04 06:13 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Eric_Flu Offline
CoS Member

Loc: USA
Glanecia
Maybe your friend simply does not understand Satanism. Maybe your friend does. I would simply avoid the subject all together and do what made you guys friends in the first place. I have friends that I know would totally freak out and have a close minded opinion on it. If religion comes up I tell them that what ever you “believe” is fine. This is a free country (for now) last I checked. I was told long ago two things never to discuss with friend and family, politics and religion. At times this is very hard but I still love/like (most) of them.

Oh and by the way EE Cummings Rocks! My favorite is rhoppograsser (or however you spell it. Ya know that grasshopper one)

#18874 - 05/15/04 09:30 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Discipline]
Ringu Offline

Loc: NRW, Germany, Earth
Quote:

Might is right and I am proud to be a part of such an event of the strong over the weak.

I'll second that - it was not an act of duality, it was an act of nature.

Since you were in war i guess you can have a better view on all this things. I asked myself if the USA might be right or wrong - but i dont have any kind of sympathy feelings for 'em. I dont like them either. I've seen/felt enough about the insanity of the islam. They are like christians but they are even more worse - more fanatic and more brainwashed. But well even if they USA want just the oil, the ressources, the country - i wouldnt care. What the people do down there is even more worst if they would have just more power. If they could they would kill us all thats for sure. We better kill them first - The USA is not such bad as all. - This people dont want it on another way - i've met enough of brainwashed islam guys who talked about how they want to come in the paradise. Bah they are so stupid - eh they are stupid but they are even more dangerous, lil' tickin' bombs. The Human that lays it path/destiny in the hand of a non-existing deity is dangerous - some more, some less.

#18875 - 05/16/04 03:58 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Moria Offline

Sounds like your friend uses Satanism as an identity. When you make the mistake of believing in a satanic community, then you can easily fall prey to an "us vs. them" mentality.

I am not who I am because I am a Satanist. I am a Satanist because of who I am.
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#18876 - 05/16/04 04:02 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Discipline]
Moria Offline

Might is right and I am proud to be a part of such an event of the strong over the weak

Well said. I'll drink to that.
"Satanism has become a gravitational force. We know that it doesn't matter what you were before. Once you discover your Satanic persona, that's it. You knew it was lurking inside you. You just couldn't quite conceptualize it." - Anton Szandor LaVey

#18877 - 05/16/04 04:45 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Moria]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I am not who I am because I am a Satanist. I am a Satanist because of who I am.

Well said.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#18878 - 05/16/04 07:20 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

:evil
well i have a few things to say anbout what u said. i'm over in iraq rite now and i don't really feel that the US is trying to dominate or anythig like that. The threat is still their and will be for a long time. If nobody would have come over here and stopd what was going on, then terorrist would have ended up running all over the world. Sombody has to stop it before it gets to be a bigger problem then it already is. Maybe if u would have been here and seen what is going on u might have a diff. openion, i don't know. But i am here and what i see is alot on people trying to make a go at life and the people that ran things were kepping them bak. and as far as ur "Western commercialization and brainwashing" comment thats really not whats going on here. the people r still living like they were just without fear from being killed or hurt for being happy and doing what they whant. this may not make alot of sence but thats just how me.

well on another note, i'm new to this site and i already luv it. so thanx for making someplace for me to go and chill. :mad

:tomb

#18879 - 05/16/04 08:35 AM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
lucifer_dracul Offline

Loc: Ohio
Your friend may be causing problems for themself, but aren't we as Satanists at war, so to speak, with stupidity and those who would stand in the way of human potential. At least I think you would call it war. The bottom line is, do you feel you are at war? They are probably making the mistake of assuming that there is a Satanic Community. Like I said, it depends on how you feel about the subject.

#18880 - 05/16/04 09:23 AM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
"this may not make alot of sence but thats just how me."

bingo

#18881 - 05/16/04 01:29 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom [Re: Captn_Thatch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a former member of the U.S. Armed Forces, I personally have strong views over this war (that is still being faught) in Iraq. Saying that the invasion of Iraq was to bring freedom to the people is a lie. We are not there for them. We did not come there in search of weapons of mass destruction. We did not even come there for oil (however, I think that since we defeated the dictatorship in Iraq the U.S. and its allies are entitled to some of the revenues produced).

The United States went to war with Iraq to make an example to the rest of the arab world; Don't fuck with us. I mean how long did it take for us to conquer the enemy? A week? I don't remember how long it took, but it was very short.

The United States Millitary is unparalleled. We sell our crap to other countries so they can use it. If the U.S. went to war with all the arab countries combined there is no doubt to who would win. After America leaves Iraq, there will be new leadership there that still hates us. The Iraqi people don't want to be free, they don't want us there. Too fuckin bad, there stuck with us until we decide to leave.

#18882 - 05/16/04 04:25 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
mystigirl Offline

Loc: south of France
I do feel at war when people think of us as freek who beleives in the 'phylosophie of Alester Crowley', and us LaVeyans left in the same bag. Then I do feel at war.

HAIL ANTON S. LAVEY !

#18883 - 05/16/04 04:39 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh? [Re: Josephine007]
mystigirl Offline

My best penpal friend is in Iraq and is normaly based in Germany. We get intouch when he can through MSN Messenger, he may be back home for august. I have been for him a good satanic help during those last 3 years. And I am his dark queen !
HAIL SATAN !

#18884 - 05/16/04 07:20 PM ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

You are kidding, aren't you?

If not, my first question relates to the "us" you used in your posting, when you wrote "us LaVeyans". Who is us in this case? You aren't a member of the CoS, right? So why us?

And secondly: What is a "LaVeyan" for you? Honestly, I never heard someone proclaiming he or she is a LaVeyan. In fact I thought calling a CoS-Member "LaVeyan" is the best way to annoy him/her. For me a LaVeyan is a person, who just try to copy A. S. LaVey but actually this person didn't understand his writings at all.

#18885 - 05/16/04 09:45 PM Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: mystigirl]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I find the terms "LaVeyan" and "LaVeyanism" to be derogatory since they are intended to erase the term "Satanist" and "Satanism" off the Church of Satan, it's literature, it's members, and it's supporters. A top priority of pseudo-Satanists everywhere.

In my opinion it's usage should be eleminated. But that's just my personal opinion and observation on it's common usage and intent.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#18886 - 05/17/04 03:49 PM Re: The Great Euphemism: Freedom
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Two things:

1. There are keys called "Shift". They make capital letters. Use them before starting a new sentence. Duh.

2. There's a thing called "spell check". It is your friend.

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#18887 - 05/17/04 04:05 PM Re: Satanists are at WAR? huh?
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
Satanists aren't at war with anyone unless they started it themselves. To the young and unitiated, a war to bring down the oppressors sounds very grand and heroic, but ultimately, it's no fun (which, as Sabbra Cadabra so eloquently stated, is one of the main ingredients in Satanism).

Those who make a big fuss about how "Satanic" they are strike me as similar as the guys who buy a fancy sports car to make up for the fact that they have a small penis. Clear case of over-compensation.

Quote:

I say, if you're being persecuted, then it's your own damn fault for bringing attention to yourself. Don't blame 'the enemy' for not welcoming you - blame yourself for creating an enemy.

Very well put! Welcome to Letters, and enjoy your time here!

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#18888 - 05/22/04 12:47 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: Skyla]
mystigirl Offline

sorry to hurt your feeling, but I proclaim myself a Laveyan, because I am french and it is the way we speak in France, about Satanist. And it is Okay for me ! First, I do live each day, with A.S.LaVey phylosophie. Even, if I am not yet a COS menber.I soon will become one. It is just a matter of time. (sorry ! I could not answer to this post earlier) !
'You are born a Satanist, you do not become one !!!
HAIL ! SATAN !

#18889 - 05/22/04 12:53 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

sorry to hurt your feeling, but I proclaim myself a Laveyan, because I am french and it is the way we speak in France, about Satanist.

You are the first Frenchwoman I've encountered who phrases his or her affiliation in this way, so I strongly doubt it is necessarily customary there.

What Skyla might be trying to get across (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that use of the term "LaVeyan" implies that there are other "forms" of Satanism, which there are not, and that is not simply my opinion but a well-established fact. There is no need for any falsely implicative qualification. The word, "Satanism" alone is both accurate and inclusive.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#18890 - 05/22/04 01:00 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

...with A.S.LaVey phylosophie

Yes and he called it Satanism not LaVeyism or something like that, therefore you are a Satanist or you are not (judge yourself), but you can't be a LaVeyan because nothing like that exists.

#18891 - 05/22/04 01:17 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: Insurgent]
mystigirl Offline

Yes, you are right, I read about it, but as I explained earlier, in France I do not want to be a vulgar satanic devil worshiper ( like Alester Crowley's follower), I rather call myself a LaVayan or if you want LaVey's supporter ! Any how, I have to make the difference when it comes to it in France.
Even if the words are not always well choosen.
HAIL ! ANTON S. LAVEY !

#18892 - 05/22/04 01:30 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: mystigirl]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

I do not want to be a vulgar satanic devil worshiper ( like Alester Crowley's follower)

As far as I know those who live by the teachings of Aleister Crowley call themselves "Thelemites" (cf. "Thelema"), and they don't worship any Satan or devil nor do they believe in the existence of these mythical infernal beings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#18893 - 05/22/04 02:25 PM Thelema and Crowley [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

As far as I know those who live by the teachings of Aleister Crowley call themselves "Thelemites" (cf. "Thelema"), and they don't worship any Satan or devil nor do they believe in the existence of these mythical infernal beings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, at least they believe in the existence of external beings or demons. Crowley himself claimed to have channeled the "Liber Al Vel Legis" by a being named Aiwass, that he one time believed to be his "holy guardian-angel" and another time the devil himself.

#18894 - 05/22/04 02:36 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: MagisterParadise]
mystigirl Offline

Yes, there is other form of Satanism in France and in your cowntry to, you will call them SATANIC, but they think of them self as Satanist. I already did talk about it. And I do not want to be affiliated to that type of people. They are devil worshipper, teach the wrong satanism to youngsters, narrow minded, slow in life, cemetery destroyer, 'zénophobes' , in TOULON, where I live there is many of them. On there none official website they use The Satanic Bible in French (with all my respect I bought mine on Amazon.fr) They do not respect A.LaVey's phylosophie they are Christian devil worshipper....
Well, I tried my best to answer to your question.
HAIL ! SATAN !

#18895 - 05/22/04 02:59 PM NO LaVeyans [Re: mystigirl]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Yes, there is other form of Satanism in France and in your cowntry to, you will call them SATANIC, but they think of them self as Satanist.

Did you even read what Magister Paradise just explained?

Slowly again, for you: There is only one Satanism. Period.

Got it?

#18896 - 05/22/04 03:10 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: Powaqqatsi]
mystigirl Offline

you are mistaking, you should read from Aleister Crowley :
"THE GREAT BEAST SPEAKS"
with all my regards !
HAIL ! A.S.LAVEY !

#18897 - 05/22/04 03:17 PM Re: NO LaVeyans [Re: Jack_Bauer]
mystigirl Offline

I understood clearly, sorry, I could not find any other word !
but, I explained myself ! And if you are not happy with it find yourself an other post to read !

#18898 - 05/22/04 03:22 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I have a philosophy on the "LaVeyan" issue.

Christians fly the same flag for a bunch of different varients (Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, etc.) hence to those that cannot grasp that fact that there is only one Satanism, it seems pliable to catagorize into something else. This in turn makes it something, but NOT Satanism.

The other side is those needing to fit in with a label. They find the diabolical writings of Herr Doktor, but cannot come to resonate with what is in the book(s). Therefore, the ego is struck hard because they cannot wear the "bad guy badge" they are searching for in Satanism. This causes the mentality of "NO! Dr. LaVey got it all wrong, he's a liar, Mine is the real Satanism!", and then another group sprouts like the weed it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is only one Satanism. There is only one Church of Satan that is dedicated to that one Satanism. You do not have to be a member of the organization to be considered a Satanist, but the fact still remains...there is only *one*. Furthermore, the "bad guy badge" those individuals (and I use the term very lightly) are searching for is not here.

The Satanist is the dynamic individual that has risen above, conquered, and made his own. If you are one of the elite, you will know. If you are concerned because it doesn't quite fit you, then it will not now nor will it ever fit. You either are, or you are not. It really is that simple.

Happy hunting,
Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405740 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements