Topic Options
#188200 - 09/13/06 07:06 AM Go To Last Post
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I don't know if I am the only one but this recent development whereby we are taken to the last post when I click in the subject header is really throwing me out.

I don't like it at all.

I've given it a while to see if I get used to it but I am afraid I can't. Every single time I wonder what's going on before I realise I am not reading the head post.

Isn't it possible to just go back to how it once was?

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#188201 - 09/13/06 01:36 PM Re: Go To Last Post [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
I haven't noticed any recent changes along these lines. For me, if there are no unread messages and I click on the subject, it drops me at the start of the thread. If there are unread posts, the same click takes me to the first unread one. (I use flat mode.) Works fine, and makes sense to me.

-Chess

#188202 - 09/13/06 01:42 PM Re: Go To Last Post [Re: Chess]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Not in threaded mode.

Even if I haven't read the head post it takes me to the last reply posted, and it doesn't make sense to me.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#188203 - 09/13/06 08:35 PM Re: Go To Last Post [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
I know what you are talking about. Even in the flat mode it will take you to the first unread post. If it has been a while since anyone posted,(such as in an older thread brought back up) I find I have to go back to the first post and remind myself of what was said earlier.

It used to be, the original post would come up and you could click on the area that says jump to the first unread post. That worked well, I could skim the first post to see if I wanted to continue on with the thread. Oh well. I guess it would be very hard to please everyone.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#188204 - 09/14/06 09:33 PM Re: Go To Last Post [Re: dragondancer]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I guess it would be very hard to please everyone.

Perhaps if there were an option in account settings like there is for the default to be flat mode or threaded mode.

#188205 - 09/15/06 12:06 AM Re: Go To Last Post [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

I find it easiest to just scroll down to where it shows the page numbers and then click on “show all” after clicking on the thread subject, or I click on the “all” option that is in parenthesis in the box where the subject is (if there is more than one page to it). Then the whole thread shows up, starting at the beginning (in flat mode, which is my preference). No big deal to me.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406364 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements