Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#188335 - 09/14/06 01:11 AM Halloween/Walpurgisnacht
Zack Offline

I have read The Satanic Bible front to back twice now but I'm still unsure about how to properly celebrate walpurgisnacht/halloween.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

#188336 - 09/14/06 01:13 AM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

However you want. Seriously.

#188337 - 09/14/06 01:19 AM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
HammerOfDoubt Offline

Loc: Miami, FL
Grab a mask, a bag and go around your neighborhood begging for free candy.
Only on that day is it considered completely appropriate behavior. People will actually give you free candy! Crazy huh?

#188338 - 09/14/06 09:36 AM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I have read The Satanic Bible front to back twice now but I'm still unsure about how to properly celebrate walpurgisnacht/halloween.

Any help would be great, Thanks.

There is no standard format or dogma for celebrating Satanic "holidays". If you have read the TSB, you also know that YOUR Birthday is the most important. No one tells you how to celebrate it, you just go out and do something you feel is special and, forgive the pun, "have a Helluva time!"

This applies to any and all holidays you wish to celebrate.

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#188339 - 09/14/06 10:41 AM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
As many would say, you can do anything you want. But perhaps it would be slightly more helpful if I did suggest something.

My most recent Satanic holiday was on 6/6/06 (didnt celebrate the equinox after that). I took a day off and in the morning I did a destruction ritual. Its even better if you personalize the ritual a bit. I added a bit more to the doktor's original structure. Being Satanist, that meaning Epicurean! Go out and have fun, eat a good meal and have a night on the town. For the sociopathic Satanist, it would be best to stay home and perhaps rent a few movies and cook yourself a feast or order take outs to your heart's content.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#188340 - 09/14/06 01:46 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Well since you asked......

I'd say play this album in your house extremely loud:

Wear an eye patch. So when kids come knocking on your door asking for candy, you look at them with your one eye and tell them in the best old man's voice, "I ain't got no candy arrrggghhh!"

HS!

#188341 - 09/14/06 03:02 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Vexen Crabtree Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Salisbury, UK
I second that response... to celebrate something /how someone else says you should/ kind-of defeats the point of a celebration!

Unless, that is, you're a legalistic-minded sheep, who likes the actual 'celebration' aspect to be proscribed, sanitised, depersonalised... and, well... Catholic. In that case er... what was I saying?
http://www.dpjs.co.uk (Satanism)

#188342 - 09/14/06 06:38 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Callier]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
Quote:

Well since you asked......

I'd say play this album in your house extremely loud:

Wear an eye patch. So when kids come knocking on your door asking for candy, you look at them with your one eye and tell them in the best old man's voice, "I ain't got no candy arrrggghhh!"

HS!

Makes me think of Tom Anderson on the Halloween episode of Beavis and Butthead. "GET OFF MY PROPERTY, YOU UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS!"

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#188343 - 09/14/06 09:31 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Lust Offline

For Halloween. Try dressing up like Gay Jesus, from the 'I will survive' video, that is all over the Internet. Record the song 'I will survive', grab a radio, and start trick or treating.
Have Fun!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#188344 - 09/16/06 09:43 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
xadder Offline

Loc: Michigan
Here's what I did my last holiday. I indulged in the so called sins of the holy bible. that is greed, sloth, glunten, ect... I started the day by sleeping, then i got up and had a very nice breakfast. followed by watching TV for several hours. After i was good and ready i went out and bought a bunch of random things that I really didnt "need". well, I think you get the idea. It was great.

Hail Satan

#188345 - 09/16/06 10:32 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC
See this sort of thing is were individuality comes into play. If you are looking for a religion that tells you how to act and what to do on a certain day of the year because it is an important religous day the Catholics are always looking for warm bodies to attend their midnight Christmas's Masses.

Seriously, it really is up to you to find the level or lack of celebration that makes you happy. If you have children it can be a very fun time of the year to indulge in silly pranks, scary movies, and candy... At my house, lots of candy.

It is also a good time to put up decorations that make the people next door slightly uncomfortable.

#188346 - 09/17/06 03:14 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Illuminatus Offline

Loc: Hellsinki, Finland
As has been said, you can celebrate them in whatever way you see fit. For instance, Halloween isn't an actual holiday where I'm from and I have never celebrated it in any way. But Walpurgisnacht is known as vappu in Finland, a traditional carnival for workers and students which I celebrate in the traditional way.
Well, actually not wholly tradiotinal. Drinking till you pass out isn't for me.

#188347 - 09/19/06 03:15 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Zack]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
I will be at 3 different block parties the days before wearing a straight jacket and being watched over by a girl dressed as an institutional orderly/ or nurse I will then spend Oct. 31st itself as my own personal day of indulgence, and then, to wrap it all up, I will be going to a huge festival in Western Ohio wearing a prison jumpsuit and being transported by the same sexy girl dressed as a slutty cop. In all honesty, treat it like any other major holiday is treated by other people, with as much celebration and indulgence as possible!

#188348 - 09/19/06 10:52 PM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Catalyst]
melektaus8 Offline

Loc: Michigan.
"Calling prisoner #6:00!!!"
"Those who are physically and mentally unhealthy and unfit must not perpetuate their sufferings in the bodies of their children. Through educational means the State must teach individuals that illness is not a disgrace but a misfortune for which people are to be pitied, yet at the same time that it is a crime and a disgrace to make this affliction the worse by passing it on to innocent creatures out of a merely egotistic yearning" - Adolf Hitler

http://www.woodharrow.com

#188349 - 09/20/06 07:00 AM Re: Halloween/Walpurgisnacht [Re: Illuminatus]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

As has been said, you can celebrate them in whatever way you see fit. For instance, Halloween isn't an actual holiday where I'm from and I have never celebrated it in any way.

Here in the UK, especially in East Sussex, Halloween has always played second fiddle to Bonfire Night on the Fifth of November.

So much so that as a kid I hardly paid it any attention, and even now I tend to play it down - generally in recent years spending it with my son watching an 'appropriate' movie, and eating junk - that is if I'm not too busy preparing for the celebrations in Lewes on 'The Fifth'.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements