Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#188765 - 09/22/06 08:16 PM Re: not "worthy" [Re: Asmedious]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
My question is, if you're nude..where in the hell would you stick your red card then?

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#188766 - 09/22/06 08:56 PM If you are not with us, you are not with us. [Re: Asmedious]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You imply that there is something you are doing or have done or will likely get caught doing that would "embarrass" the Church of Satan.

Since the only thing I am aware of that is forbidden is criminal activity or criminal advocacy then if you refuse to name the cause of your "unworthiness" I shall have to assume it involves this area of self-defeating behavior.

Am I wrong?

If I am right the smart answer is simple and is unrelated to whether or not you join the Church of Satan but is wholly related to your own future welfare.

Stop.

#188767 - 09/22/06 09:00 PM Bravo! [Re: TrojZyr]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

HOWEVER, when no one can agree on anything, there is chaos. Chaos doesn't make for a very good structure for a group, church, or ideology, because it's devoid of structure. If everyone thought differently on each and every single issue, there would be no Church of Satan, and no Satanism, because there'd be no way to truly identify them in contrast to everything else.

So true.

So obvious.

So rare.

Thank you.

#188768 - 09/22/06 09:16 PM Re: If you are not with us, you are not with us. [Re: Nemo]
Asmedious Offline

Yes sir, you caught me. But not in the fact that I perform criminal activity. And it's not because I've done illegal things, and simply have not been caught. I have not been placed in situations where laws have threatened my well being, therefore my record is clean totally. With the one exception of blowing through a stop sign five years ago. (Never thought there would be a stop sign in a deserted area, didn't bother to look.)I do not share the view that no matter what, all laws should be respected blindly. I believe that there are exceptions in extreme situations. One example that I can think of, is being accused of a crime and knowing that a person cannot prove ones innocents, yet the law would require that individual to turn themselves in, and play jury roulette. Innocent people have done the "right thing" and the justice system has failed them. I didn't bring this point up, because it has been covered several times, and I was attempting to avoid another long drawn out thread. Perhaps I should have just said it, and got it over and done with.

#188769 - 09/22/06 09:34 PM Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Serua]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I guess my confusion stems from the wish to not ally yourself with the very organization that it would seem, you have chosen to ally yourself with.

There is no real confusion.

The Church of Satan simply does not want losers.

To help screen out losers the Church is very clear about what is not acceptable behavior.

Stupid behavior is unacceptable.

That is why those who wish to advocate or participate in criminal activity are told in no uncertain terms, "No!"

For example, I have seen many "wannbee" members show up here and then get all huffy when they realize that illegal drug use is considered by us to be stupid.

"What?! No dope?!"

Yes. That's right, kiddies.

If you are a pothead, crack, meth, heroin, mushroom, LSD, fill-in-the-blank drug user then don't let the door smack your ass on the way out.

Drugs are for slaves.

"Wow! The COS is a bunch of puritanical anti-drug jerks?!"

Actually, the Church of Satan is intended for winners.

Those who find that they are compulsively having to take drugs (or involve themselves in other such criminal activity) are losers.

They are weak.

We are uninterested in weak people.

It doesn't matter that they confuse "freedom" with mindless (suicidal) hedonism and somehow think that that is what Satanism is.

It isn’t.

Satanism is rational hedonism.

Losers don’t like that restriction on their “freedom”.

They want to do whatever they want to do.

Right now.

“The consequences be damned.”

That seems to be a popular motto of losers I have observed over the years.

However, the Church of Satan is an organization intended for winners, not losers.

So, for example, if anyone reading this feels their "freedom" to smoke pot is being inhibited by joining the Church of Satan, then don’t join and go ahead and stone yourself to death for all we care!

To be a Satanist is to be elite.

To be a Satanist is to be a rational hedonist, not a mindless puppet compulsively controlled by the pleasures of the moment.

The Church of Satan only wishes to have Satanists as members.

This is an elite organization.

Slaves, morons and rebels without a clue are not wanted.

Just my own loving opinion.

#188770 - 09/22/06 09:57 PM Re: Criminal activity [Re: Asmedious]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I do not share the view that no matter what, all laws should be respected blindly.

Then exactly what laws are you concerned about if you are not breaking them anyway?

The Satanist does not live in a hypothetical world of "maybes".

He lives in the real world.

If you are accused of a crime and you are innocent you may be screwed no matter what you do.

Why, it might even be that someday you might die!

Reality happens.

You might wish to carefully read again (if you have already) the High Priest’s essay Rebels Without Cause .

It addresses in depth everything you have mentioned.

Everything.

#188771 - 09/22/06 10:09 PM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Nemo]
Happy Birthday tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
@Asmedious...

i didnt realise that making a symbolic gesture to join CoS was worth such mental anguish?

nevertheless..this topic has progressed and anything i wanted to say has already been said and discussed...

@Magister Nemo....

I must say, you have quite a way with words!

Your eloquence, wisdom, candor and sometimes brutal frankness in expression is so sexy!
Love it!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#188772 - 09/22/06 11:05 PM What about past mistakes? [Re: Nemo]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
What about past mistakes?

I’ve decided to fill in the blanks. Call me stupid. But concealing decisive details would be a waste of time. And I need to know.

I did use drugs in my 20’s, socially, yet rather abusively. I cleaned up cold turkey and changed my mind set, not for mere survival or redemption, but because there was just too much worth keeping and doing.

Maybe in consequence of having deployed that radical change in my life, and kept my balance ever since, I grew up to despise not only drug abuse and compulsions in general but any sort of self-induced desperation, depriving people from proper reasoning, proper choices or proper scrutiny. Lies included, of course!

Facing reality is a pleasurable challenge. Offering a real image is as pleasurable.

It’s pretty easy to conceal behind the screen. People can say/omit whatever they please, but will never get away with the fact they have miss the only type of honesty that really matters. Such a curse is absolutely out of question to me!

Of course I was considering the idea of joining the CoS some time from now, but thinking of Magister Nemo’s harsh warning I wonder weather this leak will seriously affect the scrutiny.

Where do I stand in terms of eventual membership?

october1560

Edited by leonor (09/23/06 12:52 PM)
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#188773 - 09/22/06 11:34 PM Re: I'm waiting!! *DELETED* [Re: Asmedious]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I just want to say one tiny thing, then I am done. I think you might be confusing ACTIVE membership with REGISTERED membership. That's just my thought. I may be wrong, but I am seeing lots of conversation about being in the public eye, and if I recall correctly, that only happens if you apply for ACTIVE membership.

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” - Oscar Wilde

“If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts” - Anthony Price

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

"Man is certainly stark mad: He cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the dozens." – Montaigne

#188774 - 09/23/06 12:07 AM Re: I'm waiting!! *DELETED* [Re: Asmedious]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
The Church of Satan is an organisation for "non-joiners".

If you have gotten ANYTHING from The Satanic Bible or other Satanic related literature it's a token of RESPECT to affiliate with the one organisation that genuinely does have your best interests in mind. You may not have something to offer right now, but what about in the future?

To affiliate or not is an individual choice, but in my eyes, it is also an indicator for how much RESPECT they have for the Church and it's Members, active or not.

So many "people" drift in and out of the "upstairs" it's staggering. They come here, post about how much they identify with Satanism, or proclaim loudly their newfound status as a Satanist, and then never affilate on the basis that "Well, I don't have to affiliate to be a Satanist".

It's laziness and shows a lack of respect... plain and simple.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#188775 - 09/23/06 01:37 AM Re: If you are not with us, you are not with us. [Re: Asmedious]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

I do not share the view that no matter what, all laws should be respected blindly.

"Blindly?"

To whom are you ascribing that view?

#188776 - 09/23/06 03:38 AM Re: If you are not with us, you are not with us. [Re: reprobate]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
By my thinking: If you find the law too hard to obey look for a way to change it or get out of that city/state/country.

I do things every day I would rather not do, I even went to a church for a sermon two days ago. Why would I do such a thing? A funeral for a relative in a family that happens to be quite christian. It would have been downright foolish to not attend simply because I disagree with the ceremony -- it would have ment me having to explain to somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 other relatives (most of whom have supported me through out my life) why I found it too much of a hassle to sit still and be quite for an hour. Most importantly: just because I went does NOT mean I did it blindly, I was fully aware of the circumstances the entire time.

I look at obeying laws of my country, state, and city in the same way. I might not like them, some are even downright frustrating but the cons of not following them far outweigh the pros for disobeying them.

Edited by Drimlybunk (09/23/06 03:42 AM)

#188777 - 09/23/06 03:55 AM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Nemo]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
Sir,
I love your own loving opinion. You are hitting the nail on the head again. Respect! Hail Satan.

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#188778 - 09/23/06 04:53 AM Re: If you are not with us, you are not with us. [Re: reprobate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

"Blindly?"

To whom are you ascribing that view?

To the straw man.

"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#188779 - 09/23/06 01:18 PM Brutality. [Re: tekku]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Nothing is more brutal than mortalty.

Thank you for your kind words.

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics