Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#188795 - 09/24/06 01:52 PM Re: Churches [Re: Nemo]
Achilles Offline

Quote:

Going to Christian church services can be great entertainment.

Just try to remember when they pass the plate that while the money there is intended for God they really don't mean you!

Nice!

#188796 - 09/24/06 02:48 PM Re: I'm perplexed [Re: The_Lightning]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I s'uppose you are right

And thank you

#188797 - 09/24/06 05:16 PM Re: Underground. [Re: Lillith]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
From his profile:

Registered on 09/07/01 03:33 PM

I think that five years is more than enough time to be able to figure out such details if they troubled you, don't you agree?

#188798 - 09/24/06 05:18 PM "Indulgence not compulsion" [Re: IMMORTAL809]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Important words.

#188799 - 09/24/06 08:03 PM Re: not "worthy" [Re: Asmedious]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

For me to join any group, and to pledge my self to follow and abide by all of their rules and ideas, would make me feel as if I was giving my independence and free thought over to someone else,

This is where people get The CoS and "group" mixed up.

The CoS is for non-joiners. We are individuals. We all have our own views, goals, personal aesthetics and so forth.

The main thing we all share here is the study and appreciation for the structered principles laid down by Dr. LaVey.

When I think of the word "group", I think of a gang. Gang members need their "group" because they are cowards by themselves.

"Groups" are for people that are weak. "Groups" are for people that can't think for themselves. "Groups" are for people that have a need to belong.

I sure don't know how many members the CoS has and it's none of my concern. I do know for a fact that we all are not going to have some "group" meeting, pick flowers and hug each other to death.

HS!

#188800 - 09/24/06 08:18 PM Re: Underground. [Re: Nemo]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Yes, I do believe I would have to agree.

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell” - Oscar Wilde

“If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts” - Anthony Price

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

"Man is certainly stark mad: He cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the dozens." – Montaigne

#188801 - 09/24/06 08:26 PM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: tekku]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

[quote@Magister Nemo....

I must say, you have quite a way with words!

Your eloquence, wisdom, candor and sometimes brutal frankness in expression is so sexy!
Love it!

I have to say I agree as well, I enjoy reading Master Nemo's replies to just about anything, and his posts as well. A refreshing change from ambiguous opinions. I appreciate brutal honesty in all its forms!

“If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness” - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

“The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts” - Anthony Price

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

"Man is certainly stark mad: He cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the dozens." – Montaigne

#188802 - 09/24/06 08:33 PM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Lillith]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Thank you for your kind words.

#188803 - 09/25/06 08:17 AM Go deeper [Re: RandomStranger]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Cumpulsion is really a mind set that goes far deeper than just abusing legal or illegal substances. It's that mind set that matters. I often compare compulsion to religion. An obcessive need to worship the object of compulsion, no matter what.
I see some "recovered" individuals as "recovery junkies" who simply stopped using drugs, but which mind set remains exactly the same. Same way, many people who never used drugs, are junkies, without even knowing it.

Sport or fashion junkies for instance.

Thing is not to allow ANYTHING to nail you to the wall.
I'm not excusing anything here, on the contrary, I'm expanding the scope.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#188804 - 09/25/06 09:10 AM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Lillith]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

[quote@Magister Nemo....

I must say, you have quite a way with words!

Your eloquence, wisdom, candor and sometimes brutal frankness in expression is so sexy!
Love it!

I have to say I agree as well, I enjoy reading Master Nemo's replies to just about anything, and his posts as well. A refreshing change from ambiguous opinions. I appreciate brutal honesty in all its forms!

my thoughts exactly 100%

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#188805 - 09/25/06 10:01 PM Re: Confusing freedom with stupidity. [Re: Nemo]
Serua Offline

Loc: Canada
I'll admit, I was writing this post and hit delete, going back over what you wrote and re-reading....then, re-writing.

At first, I thought you had misunderstood my post. Upon a second reading, I realized that you had not. I am not used to conversing regularly with people as intelligent and blatant (right word? maybe, honest?) as those I tend to find here.

If I might point out a few favourites that made me giggle with delight...

Stupid behavior is unacceptable.
Drugs are for slaves

To be a Satanist is to be elite.

To be a Satanist is to be a rational hedonist, not a mindless puppet compulsively controlled by the pleasures of the moment.

The Church of Satan only wishes to have Satanists as members.

Slaves, morons and rebels without a clue are not wanted

Might I take pause and grin with respect? Reading your post was wickedly delightful.

(Just my own loving opinion.) I really rather like you, Nemo. LOL I truly do. That was indeed a perfect ending to the post.

#188806 - 09/26/06 03:53 PM Another one for my “Ignore this user” button. [Re: Asmedious]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

I have instituted a new personal policy for non-members here at LttD.

Every time I read someone who states "I am a self-proclaimed Satanist - I have no intention of ever joining the Church of Satan" or "I see no point in studying Satanic literature" or the like, then I am simply going to click on that user's name and then click on the option "Ignore this user".

After all, if someone rejects the Church itself and/or the teachings of Satanism, why should I give them the time of day here, much less continue to read their nonsense?

Frankly I would encourage others to do the same.

There is a vast difference between someone who embraces Satanism and maintains an open mind about affiliation with the Church versus those come here and reject it outright.

Enjoy your isolated wisdom, oh great ones.

I do not care to read your words further.

Bye bye.

#188807 - 09/26/06 04:50 PM Rice Satanists. [Re: luciferHammer]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

This point seems contradictory. If I read any books by Doktor Lavey, someone would have paid for it. This is, in my opinion, the price of wanting to read it. Is beneficing from it make me obligated to paid for a Cos membership? I don't think so. In the same way, I don't have to pay any author if I beneficing from his published books. The cost is the price of the book, paid most of the time directly or indirectly by the reader. The author is also well aware of this is fact when he decides to publish something.

Not being a member impeded me from accessing the downstair area, being part of the activity of the Cos, knowning about the grottos in my region, etc... If I pay for a Cos membership, it is only because I want to access one of these things. Upstair, it is a public place as anyone can access and stay, conditionnaly to following some simple rules. I don't thing that anyone can be considered unrespectful to the Church of Satan for not paying a membership while participating in a public forum, whatever long he has been upstair. In that case, your point seems some kind of lesser magic, which purpose is to make people feeling guilty and pay for a Cos membership. Whatever if he is a Satanist or not...

As I said earlier it is a token of RESPECT to affiliate.

As Magister Nemo pointed out, those that sit around here and proclaim themselves enlightened human animals as a result of reading some or all of Anton LaVey's work, and then turn around and say "I'm a SATANIST! But I'm never going to affiliate because I don't have to."

To those that have that attitude: You are a hypocrit.

Hangers-on. Wanna-bes.

Either you ARE.

Or you are NOT.

If you are, affiliation isn't a question of "Why should I?" but "When am I?".

Monetary restrictions I can understand. Not everyone is born wealthy, or has $200 to idly "throw around". I know I've certainly been there. Being in a "sensitive" job like the military or government where it could cause real social problems, I can understand that, too. We have several active miltary service members that have affiliated ANYWAY, despite the potential social consequences.

But for the rest I have no respect or sympathy. They're pathetic excuse-makers.

It took me a year of testing to validate the CoS material. And it took me a one-week to "magic" the money I needed for Membership once I had validated that material.

The results I got more than impressed me, and at that point it was obvious that if I was to Play the Devil's Game, I had better take the Devil's Name.

I wasn't about to be a "Rice Satanist".

I didn't do it because I wanted access to "downstairs", or for any other material gains, or some "Bad Guy Badge".

I did it because I have RESPECT for the Church, and RESPECT for the people that take a lot of their own precious personal time to help run it.

Like Magister Ventrue who so generously and graciously runs this board for his and our "entertainment". Yet how many "Thank you Magister Ventrue" posts have we seen grace this particular forum?

$200 is a pittance. It really, really is.

That other stuff like Grottos and "downstairs" are fringe benefits.

Get real.

Stop with the excuse making. I'm not here to "guilt trip" anyone into joining. If you feel guilty it's because what I've said struck a nerve.

Edited by Felstorm (09/26/06 05:05 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#188808 - 09/26/06 05:07 PM My own take on this. [Re: luciferHammer]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

I do not care if someone comes here with an open mind and enjoys the benefits of this message board.

They do not even need to subscribe to Satanism for me to communicate with them in a courteous and pleasant manner.

I do draw the line on refusing to offer my own commentary any longer to those who close their minds to Church membership as a potential as well as those who close their minds to the teachings of the Church as worthy of their attention or study.

I do not care a whit if someone never chooses to join the Church of Satan.

I simply have decided that I am not going to waste my time here on people who have closed minds on these two issues of potential membership and respect for the teachings.

I do not have to come here to find closed minds.

I enjoy coming here and finding open ones, however.

#188809 - 09/26/06 05:16 PM Re: Rice Satanists. [Re: Felstorm]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

Well said and thank you.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43873 Topics
405551 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements