Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#188810 - 09/27/06 03:16 AM Re: Rice Satanists. [Re: Felstorm]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I definitely agree with what you have said here, Felstorm. I first read TSB seven years ago. I tested those writings in comparison with a lot of other material I researched over the years. Then, back in May I went to the CoS website and started reading to see how the Church had been progressing over the years. Through the CoS website I found a link to this web forum.

While I have obtained some note-worthy ideas and thoughts from others on this board, it is hardly a basis for anyone to found their Satanic perspective and developement. I not being a social creature have devoted a large portion of my time online, and essentially here. I also took the time to order the other core books written by Dr. LaVey and Magistra Barton along with a few other nice reads on the side. I took the time to read these books, absorb the material and test it. It was because of the results of my study and validation that I ponied up the $200, which wasn't that hard. July is a good month for me financially and within a week of deciding I wanted to join the CoS I had my $200.

I received my card a few days ago and have already felt the benefits. There is much activity within the structure of the CoS for active parties to participate in. I imagine as time progresses I will find even more reasons to be proud of my decision to affiliate. I have much respect for this organization and I can say I am proud to have affiliated.

However, if one isn't going to affiliate, they should at least respect the teachings of Dr. LaVey and his Church. Anybody who says they do not read the books, and do not intend to affiliate with the Church are wasting their time. I have met some folks who do not (at least at this point in time) affiliate with the Church but do read the books and seem to have a firm grasp of Satanism. I imagine these folks will eventually affiliate and do seem to have it in the back of their mind as a possibility. To me, that is one step closer and definitely a better stance than to completely ignore the option of affiliation.

Dr. LaVey did state that one need not join the Church to be a Satanist. However, I find that most who bring this up tend to use it as a cop-out. What he said may be true, but I must ask. If one finds benefit from the literature and hard work of the Church and its contributing members, why not join? If not now, then why not later? Surely if one is attuned to it as they claim, they should have no trouble anteing up $200.

"Rice Satanist" is a clever way of putting it.

#188811 - 09/27/06 12:56 PM Re: Asmedious [Re: Mr_47]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I have so many things running through my mind in regards to your intent to start this thread to what has essentially progressed to you giving your thoughts on CoS, Dr LaVey and Satanism in General.

You contradict yourself many times over and to me its seems that not only are you not a Satanist, neither a Pseudo-Satanist, nor are you even a parasite. To me you have portrayed yourself as a psychic –vampire with a psycho-syncratic idolisation of Anton LaVey & Satanic Dogma.

I fail to understand how you can seriously state literally that you disagree with the viewpoints of the current administration of CoS, yet harbour no negative feelings towards CoS, then furthermore state that you don’t think that your “worthy” or that your membership would be beneficial to either party as when you give your “word” to an organisation that you take it seriously and then jokingly ask for congrats and flowers and what not for being a part of an internet forum, made by Satanists for Satanists?

Are you for real?

Joining the Church of Satan is a purely Symbolic gesture to YOURSELF, and an act of formally aligning yourself to the organisation that was created by Anton LaVey and which has continued to not only represent the tenets of the life-loving philosophy/religion codified by the good Doktor but which has through his personally selected “team of people”
(for lack of a better phrase at this hour after a long day), carried on his work and more in the last 10 or so years since his passing.

So in having said that you are not “worthy” am I right to understand that you are in actual fact stating that you do not consider yourself to be a rational hedonist and elite individual?
If you feel that then how can you say that you’re a Satanist in the first place regardless if you’re a member of CoS or not?

You also go on to say that you have issues with Satanists who quote the good Doktors work in such ways as others do in other doctrines.
Weighing it up against all that you have stated and the choices you have declared that you have made, without taking any steps to clarify any misunderstandings or grey areas for yourself first and foremost regarding the Satanic Philosophy & The Church of Satan, while the tools are readily available to you for so long in more ways than one….

Would you not also be guilty of empty posturing and stupidity?

And again, you also mention about not wanting to pledge allegiance to a group (ie. CoS in this instance) and support them whilst you fear that there is no guarantee that the basic ideals shall stay the same and that you fear of losing your independence and free thought to them.

I fail to understand how the basic tenets of Satanism & the 5 point program as set out by Dr LaVey will ever change as they are the bedrock to our philosophy!?

I also fail to see how you will lose your independence and free thought in any way by being
a) A registered member of CoS, which is done out of choice and for symbolic alignment for yourself only

b) An Active member or part of a S.I.G. group, also done out of choice and within which you offer your own tangible services (in any which way you choose) to further the goals of Satanism/Satanic Change in life around us.

If you look at it all together as following rules and ideas of someone else, then you are not a Satanist in any sense of the word and are deluding yourself.
What use is a word of honour, if you have no idea what you, yourself are honouring??
Even without being a member of CoS, what have you offered to Satanism to be able to question CoS and the honour of those associated with CoS?

Furthermore down the track, you go on to say…
What would people say if they found out you were a card carrying member or you did something to tarnish the reputation of CoS.
Come on!!!
Seriously!!!
It’s like a teenager hiding their smoking from their parents!

Why would you seriously care what people would say?
Are you living your life for you or for other people?
Are you ashamed of “being” a Satanist?
Is it your dirty lil secret?

In ending…
I personally don’t think you could do anything to tarnish the reputation of CoS, any acts of stupidity would only tarnish your own reputation as you’re the one committing it and should you be committing an offence of sorts then rightfully CoS should shun you for not having the integrity of a true Satanist to avoid willing acts of stupidity and consciously committing the number one cardinal sin of Satanism.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#188812 - 09/27/06 12:57 PM Re: Asmedious [Re: tekku]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

thats essay was directed at Asmedious and not you Draven

Edited by tekku (09/27/06 12:58 PM)

Church of Satan

#188813 - 09/27/06 01:21 PM Re: Asmedious [Re: tekku]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I gathered that by the title of the post. Thank you for clarifying anyway.

#188814 - 09/27/06 01:24 PM Re: Asmedious [Re: Mr_47]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

anytime

Church of Satan

#188815 - 09/28/06 10:54 AM Re: Rice Satanists. [Re: Felstorm]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Very well said, Mr. Felstorm. I agree with you on this, especially about the part of not everyone has $200 to put forth for a membership. I know I dont, but I also believe in timing my decisions, and my timing is not yet right for me to jump on board, no mater how much I respect the members of the CoS.

#188816 - 09/28/06 11:55 AM Re: Rice Satanists. [Re: Catalyst]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:

..., especially about the part of not everyone has $200 to put forth for a membership.

Than they should get a job , or a better job.

Yinta

#188817 - 09/28/06 12:03 PM Re: Rice Satanists. [Re: Yinta]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

In some areas and in some of life's situations, this is not possible. I have only farm labor to keep me going until I can take care of the things I need to correct my past mistakes from my younger days and become a bit more mobile.

#188818 - 09/28/06 12:22 PM Good for you. [Re: Catalyst]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I am often reminded of the old Vulcan Star Trek greeting, "Live long and prosper".

Ups and downs can (and do!) happen to anyone.

Planning to achieve those "ups" only requires steady effort and time to accomplish.

Hang in there!

#188819 - 09/28/06 12:49 PM Re: Good for you. [Re: Nemo]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

I thank you much for those words, kind sir and I would like to add that while I had at one point dug myself into what I thought was a bottomless hole using the split second decisions and immature actions of a teeneaged boy, I have now done much growing up and have begun to really see things for the way they are, I am now just trying to make amends for my past and I am now starting to see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Now, maybe some of you can understand why I feel it is not the right time to go out and put down $200 for a membership NOW that I plan to achieve in due time. In my experience recently, I have learned good things DO come to those who wait, so long as they are willing to put forth the effort to acheive those things themselves. I have gone through enough "downs", Magister, but in recent times the "ups" have began to grossly outweigh them!

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements