You were just wrong.

I was pointing it out.

How's that sarcasm?

#255245 - 07/11/07 10:09 PM Re: Too submissive? [Re: euol]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Dear......

He is as Witch LKRice oft says.....'ignore worthy'.

;\)

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#255246 - 07/11/07 10:21 PM Re: Too submissive? [Re: cradledeth]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Menos uno !

#255259 - 07/11/07 10:48 PM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Maqlu Offline
CoS Member

Yup - couldn't even figure out to post an introduction.

#255278 - 07/11/07 11:44 PM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Charlotte]
euol Offline
Banned

I would say, it's your personality.

Just draw the line between polite/submissive/gentle/whatever you wanna call it... and gullible.

I wouldn't know how to do that. I have a somewhat similar problem, where I give too many chances. I guess I'm just thick.

#255287 - 07/12/07 12:13 AM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Charlotte]
ModernTantalus Offline

I tend to be a fairly passive person myself. For the most part it's because 90% of what I'm exposed to in a day is petty bullshit that's not worth my time or attention. I don't feel that being laid back or easy going is necessarily unsatanic. Satanists are, if nothing else, and eclectic group.
I do believe that it's important to voice your opinions when it does come to something that's important to you, draw strong boundaries to protect yourself from being taken advantage of, and not allow yourself to be used as a door mat. One maxim by Publilius Syrus states, "Pardon one offense, and you encourage the commission of many." My belief is that it's not necessary to interject into everyone else's life and try to control everyone else, but at the same time it's important not to let other people have undue influence or control over you.
I also agree with Chess that you don't have to be alpha dog to exert influence. Most have heard of the expression "The power behind the throne." As a satanist, I feel that influence and diplomacy behind the scene are my strong points. Not direct control and power in the spotlight.

#255290 - 07/12/07 12:21 AM Goodbye? [Re: cradledeth]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
As you have not posted the required introduction to say "hello" there seems no necessity in saying "goodbye" either, does there?

#255301 - 07/12/07 01:04 AM Re: Too submissive? [Re: cradledeth]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
It's much better for your "faith" than you realize.

#255360 - 07/12/07 09:24 AM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Charlotte]
Amon666 Offline
Banned

Loc: ULTRA Top-Secret
You couldn't change your personality it's painful to do so; because no matter how hard you try, it's You, and your true personality will always "float". Moreover, it'll certainly give a chance to the specific trash people you are speaking about, to wield more power over you! Be as firm as possible with them, draw limits and make sure By all means that they don't cross them.

There are really valuable opinions mentioned in this topic, you should highly consider them. That if you're truly honest about your question! Can I suggest you read or re-read the Chapter called "NOT ALL VAMPIRES SUCK BLOOD!" - You know where to find it..

Welcome!

“Not to show our fangs in anger, that is the Law. Are we not men?”
— DAS TIERDRAMA

Hail Satan!
Hail Shaitan!
Hail the Alien Elite!

#255366 - 07/12/07 09:39 AM Re: Too submissive? [Re: Amon666]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
 Quote:
You couldn't change your personality it's painful to do so; because no matter how hard you try, it's You, and your true personality will always "float".

I disagree. That is the exact reasoning people who cannot control themselves (like drug abusers) love to use. You are not a slave to your personality. Your personality is a slave to you. It almost sounds like you believe in a soul that cannot change.

A personality is merely the cumulative effects of teachings, interactions, and personal history that are filtered through one's own level of intelligence. This personality becomes apparent when one reacts to a situation. If one is intelligent enough, he/she can rise above simple knee-jerk reactions to these stimuli and react in a manner of their own choosing. With enough discipline and repetition these changes can become permanent, thus enacting a change in personality.

What do you think ritual is for? It is at the very least a self-transformation; at best, much more.

I am not advocating changing your personality to adapt to those around you. That would be foolish unless it was a ruse to effect a certain response. I am merely stating that your personality is not set in stone. If there are facets of your personality that you do not like, there are definately things you can do about it. You just have to be intelligent enough to spot them and disciplined enough to follow through.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#255375 - 07/12/07 10:10 AM ... [Re: Minus]
Amon666 Offline
Banned

I've always thought of personality not as unchanging entity, but as certain and unique traits represents some sort of your own core attributes and ideals, in other words, Your basic self, so to speak. Closer, if you would change your essence, you'll end up losing your Self. In short, It's what makes You "You" not Me, and Me "Me" and not you!

Here comes the ritual role: I can ritualize almost about anything could hinder me, or effects me negatively. ritual is the ultimate satisfaction, mentally, emotionally and sometimes physically.

You profoundly summed it up in that last passage you wrote, thank you it meant something to me.

By the way, I sold my soul long time ago!

— DAS TIERDRAMA

Hail Satan!
Hail Shaitan!
Hail the Alien Elite!

#255378 - 07/12/07 10:19 AM Re: ... [Re: Amon666]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
The reason 'everyone is unique', is because we all had different learning experiences, intelligences and interactions. Not because we all have a 'core personality'. You are constantly having new interactions and are learning to filter them in new ways, so your personality will constantly be changing. If you try you can learn to move your personality in the direction you want it to.

I have found that the 'everyone is unique' argument is false anyway. I have met many people who are perfect stereotypes and groups of people who share a single personality between them. \:>

#255379 - 07/12/07 10:22 AM Re: ... [Re: Amon666]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
I've always thought of personality not as unchanging entity, but as certain and unique traits represents some sort of your own core attributes and ideals, in other words, Your basic self, so to speak.

Attributes, ideals, and character traits are all learned and/or created behavior. They did not originate with your birth or conception. The only behaviors you were born with are your genetic hardwiring (instincts). You "core self" would be quite boring, indeed; most likely similar to a "bad" dog or, not surprisingly, the newborn infant you once were.

Quote:
ritual is the ultimate satisfaction, mentally, emotionally and sometimes physically.

I'm more fond of a good "roll in the hay", myself.

Quote:
You profoundly summed it up in that last passage you wrote, thank you it meant something to me.

You're welcome.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#255380 - 07/12/07 10:26 AM Re: ... [Re: Mr Sam]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
I have found that the 'everyone is unique' argument is false anyway. I have met many people who are perfect stereotypes and groups of people who share a single personality between them.

I agree. That is where "level of intelligence" comes in. That is what separates the chaff from the wheat.

-Ethiopian Proverb

#255382 - 07/12/07 10:29 AM Re: ... [Re: Mr Sam]
Amon666 Offline
Banned

Dear Sam, Please re-read my respond, that wasn't my "argument" at all.

— DAS TIERDRAMA

Hail Satan!
Hail Shaitan!
Hail the Alien Elite!

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405542 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM