Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#18888 - 05/22/04 12:47 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: Skyla]
mystigirl Offline

Loc: south of France
sorry to hurt your feeling, but I proclaim myself a Laveyan, because I am french and it is the way we speak in France, about Satanist. And it is Okay for me ! First, I do live each day, with A.S.LaVey phylosophie. Even, if I am not yet a COS menber.I soon will become one. It is just a matter of time. (sorry ! I could not answer to this post earlier) !
'You are born a Satanist, you do not become one !!!
HAIL ! SATAN !

#18889 - 05/22/04 12:53 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

sorry to hurt your feeling, but I proclaim myself a Laveyan, because I am french and it is the way we speak in France, about Satanist.

You are the first Frenchwoman I've encountered who phrases his or her affiliation in this way, so I strongly doubt it is necessarily customary there.

What Skyla might be trying to get across (and correct me if I'm wrong) is that use of the term "LaVeyan" implies that there are other "forms" of Satanism, which there are not, and that is not simply my opinion but a well-established fact. There is no need for any falsely implicative qualification. The word, "Satanism" alone is both accurate and inclusive.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#18890 - 05/22/04 01:00 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

...with A.S.LaVey phylosophie

Yes and he called it Satanism not LaVeyism or something like that, therefore you are a Satanist or you are not (judge yourself), but you can't be a LaVeyan because nothing like that exists.

#18891 - 05/22/04 01:17 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: Insurgent]
mystigirl Offline

Yes, you are right, I read about it, but as I explained earlier, in France I do not want to be a vulgar satanic devil worshiper ( like Alester Crowley's follower), I rather call myself a LaVayan or if you want LaVey's supporter ! Any how, I have to make the difference when it comes to it in France.
Even if the words are not always well choosen.
HAIL ! ANTON S. LAVEY !

#18892 - 05/22/04 01:30 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: mystigirl]
Powaqqatsi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hungary
Quote:

I do not want to be a vulgar satanic devil worshiper ( like Alester Crowley's follower)

As far as I know those who live by the teachings of Aleister Crowley call themselves "Thelemites" (cf. "Thelema"), and they don't worship any Satan or devil nor do they believe in the existence of these mythical infernal beings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

#18893 - 05/22/04 02:25 PM Thelema and Crowley [Re: Powaqqatsi]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

As far as I know those who live by the teachings of Aleister Crowley call themselves "Thelemites" (cf. "Thelema"), and they don't worship any Satan or devil nor do they believe in the existence of these mythical infernal beings. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, at least they believe in the existence of external beings or demons. Crowley himself claimed to have channeled the "Liber Al Vel Legis" by a being named Aiwass, that he one time believed to be his "holy guardian-angel" and another time the devil himself.

#18894 - 05/22/04 02:36 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: MagisterParadise]
mystigirl Offline

Yes, there is other form of Satanism in France and in your cowntry to, you will call them SATANIC, but they think of them self as Satanist. I already did talk about it. And I do not want to be affiliated to that type of people. They are devil worshipper, teach the wrong satanism to youngsters, narrow minded, slow in life, cemetery destroyer, 'zénophobes' , in TOULON, where I live there is many of them. On there none official website they use The Satanic Bible in French (with all my respect I bought mine on Amazon.fr) They do not respect A.LaVey's phylosophie they are Christian devil worshipper....
Well, I tried my best to answer to your question.
HAIL ! SATAN !

#18895 - 05/22/04 02:59 PM NO LaVeyans [Re: mystigirl]
Jack_Bauer Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Germany
Quote:

Yes, there is other form of Satanism in France and in your cowntry to, you will call them SATANIC, but they think of them self as Satanist.

Did you even read what Magister Paradise just explained?

Slowly again, for you: There is only one Satanism. Period.

Got it?

#18896 - 05/22/04 03:10 PM Re: Not trying to nit pick, but.... [Re: Powaqqatsi]
mystigirl Offline

you are mistaking, you should read from Aleister Crowley :
"THE GREAT BEAST SPEAKS"
with all my regards !
HAIL ! A.S.LAVEY !

#18897 - 05/22/04 03:17 PM Re: NO LaVeyans [Re: Jack_Bauer]
mystigirl Offline

I understood clearly, sorry, I could not find any other word !
but, I explained myself ! And if you are not happy with it find yourself an other post to read !

#18898 - 05/22/04 03:22 PM Re: ...us LaVeyans? [Re: mystigirl]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
I have a philosophy on the "LaVeyan" issue.

Christians fly the same flag for a bunch of different varients (Catholic, Protestant, Mormon, etc.) hence to those that cannot grasp that fact that there is only one Satanism, it seems pliable to catagorize into something else. This in turn makes it something, but NOT Satanism.

The other side is those needing to fit in with a label. They find the diabolical writings of Herr Doktor, but cannot come to resonate with what is in the book(s). Therefore, the ego is struck hard because they cannot wear the "bad guy badge" they are searching for in Satanism. This causes the mentality of "NO! Dr. LaVey got it all wrong, he's a liar, Mine is the real Satanism!", and then another group sprouts like the weed it is.

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is only one Satanism. There is only one Church of Satan that is dedicated to that one Satanism. You do not have to be a member of the organization to be considered a Satanist, but the fact still remains...there is only *one*. Furthermore, the "bad guy badge" those individuals (and I use the term very lightly) are searching for is not here.

The Satanist is the dynamic individual that has risen above, conquered, and made his own. If you are one of the elite, you will know. If you are concerned because it doesn't quite fit you, then it will not now nor will it ever fit. You either are, or you are not. It really is that simple.

Happy hunting,
Solomon

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405811 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements