Topic Options
#189395 - 09/22/06 06:23 PM Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches
KinkySyd Offline

Loc: Versailles, FRANCE
Hi, well... this is my first post...

I would like to know if the Church of Satan does something involved in politics (I mean officially) to set up the taxation of churches, or do you, satanists, act individually in your area (city, state...) and if so, how do you manage to convince your local authorities (mayor...)?

I am curious about how/what you do to make the Pentagonal Revisionism a reality.

H.S

>>> Let me know if I put this topic in a wrong section.

Edited by KinkySyd (09/22/06 06:37 PM)

#189396 - 09/22/06 06:55 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
As far as I know, the CoS stays out of politics for some obvious reasons.

As an individual Satanists, I contribute to organizations which support the taxation of churches.

#189397 - 09/23/06 02:59 AM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Additionally, I would mention that the Church of Satan itself leads by example, by paying taxes when it could claim exemption.

Responsibility to the responsible, after all.

#189398 - 09/23/06 08:59 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: Linguascelesta]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I was wondering about that just the other day and I'm glad to hear it.

#189399 - 09/25/06 02:54 AM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Illuminatus Offline

Loc: Hellsinki, Finland
I personally contribute to organizations that try to remove the taxation rights from the state church. So starting to tax the church is still a distant dream over here.

I would also say that it's not the CoS' job to implement the revisions but of all individual satanists who benefit from them.

#189400 - 09/25/06 02:56 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: Illuminatus]
KinkySyd Offline

Yeah I get that, but how do you guys 'contribute'? Do you just give money to these organisations?

#189401 - 09/25/06 04:02 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Lust Offline

Click Here.
This link might be of some help to you.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#189402 - 09/25/06 04:53 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: Lust]
KinkySyd Offline

Thank you, I will try to adapt some of these actions to do something right here in Versailles, France. It is a very wealthy place with A LOT of people going to church (mostly roman catholics). Let's see what I can do.

HS

#189403 - 09/25/06 05:53 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I dig the Carman doll, I have the exact same one.

On the subject of this thread, Dr. LaVey once said that if all churches had to pay taxes, they would most likely crumble. I agree that all churches should pay taxes and I am quite glad to see that the CoS does pay taxes. However, while I do agree with this idea I don't actively support the cause, or any cause for that matter really. I make it a point to stay out of politics as much as possible mostly because of the headache that ensues as a result. I also doubt that the government will ever expect the churches to pay taxes or make it mandatory.

Perhaps if someday I find myself in an overabundance of wealth, I will donate some time and money to organizations that pursue said taxations. Right now my time and goals are focused solely on me and my desires. I intend to someday be financially wealthy and that is a long term goal I am working toward one step at a time. It sounds to me like Tier_Instinct has pointed you in the right direction for your own desires and goals to take action. If this helps you pursue and achieve your goals, then a hearty congratulations is an order. I wish you all the best.

The ideas proposed in Pentagonal Revisionism are sound and strong and appeal to me greatly. I would like to see it taken into action some day. However, this in and of itself would require great action from a great number of people. As I said, if I had the resources to support it I most certainly would and I imagine there are a great deal of individuals who do. You may take interest in downloading Magister Paradise's CoS Info Pack from the Church of Satan website. There is a great deal of information covered in there including the Pentagonal Revisionism as written by Dr. LaVey.

The world would be a much more enjoyable and happy place if this plan were put into action. At least I think so.

#189404 - 09/25/06 06:44 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: Mr_47]
KinkySyd Offline

Politics are supposed to change the laws, aren't they? It may give some headaches (I'm the first to get one!), but some points of the Pentagonal Revisionism won't be reached if no one cares and votes!
I agree that the most important thing (for EVERYONE who calls himself 'satanist') is to reach our own goals, but as living for ourselves takes our whole time (if done correctly) so what's the point? What was the Revisionism made for exactly? As I read, 'Each is necessary for Satanic change to take place'.

That said, I understand that the Real Doll's factory owner isn't a better Satanist because of his 'artificial human companions', haha.

#189405 - 09/25/06 07:49 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

but some points of the Pentagonal Revisionism won't be reached if no one cares and votes!

I am a registered voter and I do vote. That much participation I do take. I was referring moreso to offering private funding. I would gladly offer private funding to organizations that support the ideas of the Pentagonal Revisionism when I am more than freely able to without disturbing my own personal world. In the mean time I do offer my votes when they are tallied and I do engage in Congressional and Presidential elections. I just don't give up any of my hard earned money to any organizations. I can tell you this much, I didn't vote for Bush either time!

I am definitely an advocate of the Pentagonal Revisionism and as I stated previously, I would offer private funding if I had sufficient (to my standards) funding to do so. Now I am not piss-poor, I make more than enough [money] to support myself and I like to keep a nice nest egg put away in case something unexpected arises. Perhaps I should have stated my participation in votes previously. I didn't really think of it in essence of this topic. I was thinking more along the lines of offering financial support to political organizations. So yes, in this manner I do offer political support to my country and have exercised my right to vote since I was of legal age to acquire said rights.

Quote:

That said, I understand that the Real Doll's factory owner isn't a better Satanist because of his 'artificial human companions', haha.

Perhaps not, however it is a spiffy little doll.

#189406 - 09/25/06 08:44 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

Let's see what I can do.

... don't forget your horse and sword !

Especially in Versailles...Well, I mean that tourists, for example, just go there like if they visit a museum. This also makes the town work.

About the reformed Church In Versailles : here is one of their tricks >

66% of the donations people give there, are removed from the income taxes they have to pay.

So, for example : if they make a donation of 100 euros, they will save 66 euros for the income taxes.

Oh, the study about this in France is really long, so bonne chance, but nothing could be easily done here.

#189407 - 09/25/06 09:35 PM Re: Pentagonal revisionism: taxation of all churches [Re: KinkySyd]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
What do you mean "just give money"? What else do you expect me to do? I am not a lobbyist, lawyer, or politician. Monetary donations go to pay for the things that these organizations need to continue their missions. Without donations, they wouldn't exist.

Forum Stats
13256 Members
73 Forums
44494 Topics
407577 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold