Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#189459 - 09/23/06 05:11 AM Picture problems
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
I thought this the best place to post up my question

I just changed my avatar pix, however, its really small and i look pixellated

ive tried to put up a larger image but it wont allow it..yet i see others who have massive pixs in their avatars

Am i missing something or doing something wrong?
Any help would be appreciated as i dont want to stay looking pixellated...haha

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#189460 - 09/23/06 01:36 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Just upload a picture that is 150x200 pixels, that is 150 wide by 200 high, or less.

#189461 - 09/23/06 03:09 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I recommend using photo editing software to manually change the size of your photo to the exact dimension desired, and do not exceed the maximum dimensions allowed for avatars. This will prevent automatic resizing which results in the pixelation.

#189462 - 09/23/06 08:16 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
deadhedned Offline

Loc: San Antonio, TX
There is a program out that is freeware called Irfan View (you can download it here http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm ) and it will resize photos without losing much if any clarity in the photo.

#189463 - 09/24/06 10:38 AM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

yeah i understand the dimensions...
it wouldnt let me upload the pix unless it was the correct dimension

i used the Microsoft Photo Editor to downsize my pix and it caused the pixellation, everything was fine until it reached the correct dimensions allowable on LttD.

i will download the freeware and try it out and if it doesnt help im going to change my display pix again

Church of Satan

#189464 - 09/25/06 09:16 AM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Thanks to some help i am now fixed

and thank you to everyone that offered their advice

Edited by tekku (09/25/06 09:18 AM)

Church of Satan

#189465 - 10/29/06 03:26 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: tekku]
Harmonie Offline

Loc: Anywhere I roam.
I believe I am having a problem as well... I had downloaded my picture from a URL onto my profile, and it shows up in My Home, but it does not in my actual profile. Have I done something wrong? I am not sure what size the picture is, but should it not be the correct size if it had allowed me to download it? :confused:

#189466 - 10/29/06 03:33 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Clear your cookies. Your avatar is showing up fine for me.

#189467 - 10/29/06 03:38 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Harmonie Offline

Ok, thank you. The only thing is; I have cleared my cookies many times (I do so about every 5 to 7 pages while online because of the viruses I have on my computer)... Would the fact that I do have viruses on my computer have any affect to this? Or maybe the fact that I am trying to view my own profile?

#189468 - 10/29/06 03:40 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I'm no tech expert so I can't say whether a virus would do this or not. I do know that the most common cause of failure to see a new avatar is failure to update cookies.

I have this URL for your avatar:

http://www.blogadorn.com/graphics/dark/00026.gif

It appears to be a drawing of a semi-clad woman. Is this the avatar you attempted to use? If so, it's working fine for me, and probably everyone else.

#189469 - 10/29/06 03:45 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Harmonie Offline

Yes, that is it. That is the URL I used, and the picture as well. It is showing up in My Home and on these posts, but not in my actual profile (at least for myself). I have also just found out that I cannot see your picture in your actual profile, either, though I do see it on your posts. I have also just finished clearing my cookies, too. *Sigh.* I am guessing that my viruses are getting the best of my internet performance as well... I also just realized that, in my first post, the "confused" face did not show up, either (it only had the word and the : symbols, even though I clicked on the actual icon in the selection space)... Did it show up for you?

#189470 - 10/29/06 03:49 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Now that you mention it, no, I am not seeing graemlins that you insert, but text. Are you using any kind of text modifier? If I use Keyman (used for typing European characters like umlauts) it often interferes with that.

#189471 - 10/29/06 03:54 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Harmonie Offline

No, I do not believe that I am... I am not even sure what that is, to tell you the truth. Do you think that maybe this could be caused by the viruses? *Sigh...* I am becoming quite frustrated with this old computer and it's bloody viruses... :(

#189472 - 10/29/06 03:57 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

My instinct says no, it is probably a computer setting that is causing the issue. Now, the virii might have changed your computer settings. Why haven't you cleaned them? There are free anti-virus programs available that do the job just fine.

#189473 - 10/29/06 03:57 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Don't be so quick to blame all of your problems on viruses. Try either a different browser or upgrading your current one. Also make sure all of your regular updates have been installed.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements