Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#189474 - 10/29/06 04:01 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Drimlybunk]
Harmonie Offline

Loc: Anywhere I roam.
Alright, I will try that. Thank you. The only reason I keep questioning if it is because of the viruses is because I have so many of them that are causing so many problems that it is hard to tell what is what. I have over 30 of them, and I have no way to cure them! :(

#189475 - 10/29/06 04:05 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Harmonie Offline

I have tried, but the person who previously owned this computer (it was given to me as a gift) had deleted the Internet Explorer files for some reason, so every time I try to download a cleaner, it will not fully work... I've tried numerous ones, and most will not even begin to download... There was one that I found that I was able to download, and it found the viruses, but then needed IE to clean them... I'm like a fish out of water!

Edited by Harmonie (10/29/06 04:08 PM)

#189476 - 10/29/06 04:15 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1

Versatile anti-virus program, totally free, has kept my computer spotless for nearly a year.

#189477 - 10/29/06 04:21 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Harmonie Offline

Alright, thank you. I will try it. Does it not require Internet Explorer? Mm, nevermind, I'll try it and see for myself. thank you again. ^_^

#189478 - 10/29/06 04:29 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Pretty sure it doesn't, it is an onboard anti-virus.

#189479 - 10/29/06 05:18 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

I have no way to cure them!

Have you considered buying an anti-virus program?
Prevention of Virtue

#189480 - 10/29/06 11:01 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Thanks for the link! I'd been looking for something like that...

#189481 - 10/30/06 02:34 AM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Helheim
Not to step over anyone's toes here but going here Free AVG Anti Viruse Program and also here Free AntiVir Personal Edition Classic both Anti virus programs are free and have daily virus database updates also free. Though you will need to get familiar with how each program scans you system files, and also how to put infected files into the vaults for cleaning and safely removal of the virus themselves.

Any person who is accessing the internet should have at the minimum one Anti Virus program updated daily to the current definition files, one Firewall program system set up on the pc, and at least one ad ware remover program to clean your system from ad ware. Also it is wise to learn about your Email program spam filter controls as well. I do really hope your are not doing any internet banking or buying products from the internet from this infected pc, because a hacker or a phishing program might just have your personal information now.

Edited by JayLucif (10/30/06 02:39 AM)

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

------------------------------------------------------------

#189482 - 10/30/06 03:58 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: LKRice]
Harmonie Offline

I... don't actually have enough money to do so... It's embarrasing to have to say that, but it's true! Besides, I said that I am not able to download most for the fact that I do not have IE on this computer... and no start up disk to reinstall it.

#189483 - 10/30/06 04:02 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: JayLucif]
Harmonie Offline

I don't have enough money to buy anti-virus programs... nor anything else. So I do not have to worry about that... Besides, I wouldn't anyways. Oh, and by the way Leviathan, I figured out what I was doing wrong with the gremlins... I was clicking on "no html/ubbcode"... Boy, do I not feel stupid now!

#189484 - 10/30/06 04:07 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Harmonie Offline

By the way... I am not real sure, due to the fact that I am not very familiar with this site, how to do this... I would like to post some poems I have wrote. I have two questions. One; what category should I post them under? And two; how do I post my own, new post instead of doing as I have been and clicking "Reply"?

#189485 - 10/30/06 04:56 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California

#189486 - 10/30/06 05:24 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Drimlybunk]
Harmonie Offline

Nice vampire face... There wouldn't happen to be some kind of signifigance behind that, seeing as how the woman in my display picture is being bitten by a vampire bat, now would there?

#189487 - 10/30/06 05:33 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Harmonie]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

what category should I post (my poems) under?

As everyone knows, all poems go under the "Music" forum because music can contain lyrics which can be read like poetry.

All music posts go under the "Movies" forum since most movies have soundtracks.

It gets a little confusing when dealing with art. We have a forum titled "Art & Artists" but your name must be Art to post there. If you don't meet this criteria, you must put all art posts under the "Poetry" forum.

Just make sure you don't go posting your poetry there or you will screw up a carefully constructed system that took months of question-asking to understand.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#189488 - 10/30/06 05:36 PM Re: Picture problems [Re: Minus]
Harmonie Offline

Alright, thank you. So how can I make my own, new post, instead of clicking "Reply"?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43920 Topics
405742 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements