Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#189843 - 09/24/06 11:48 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Demoted]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Bible oriented culture is not exclusive to the south, it is just as prevalent in California, much to the disbelief of the most southern of southern baptists.

#189844 - 09/24/06 11:51 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Tex_Talionis]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
I enjoyed your post. My respect to you, sir. It's nice to be read by a Hispanic as just what I am--rather than "what I might be--therefore we must assume the worst and make the bastard explain himself."

That's an interesting point about "acting white." I won't get too much into that--out of respect, since it's not something I have had to deal with, and therefore prefer to let those who have own that topic. I can see it must have been difficult to deal with. It sounds as thought you have made it work for you though--and that's to be respected.

I think in a way I am just venting more than anything. It just happened to occur to me that I might get away with total honesty on a Satanist website that is impossible otherwise. It's nice.

#189845 - 09/25/06 12:04 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
White, brown, yellow, green, whatever . . . if you are good at what you do and not a wart on society's ass, then you are fine by me.

There are a lot of good looking brown, yellow, and green girls out there. Hell, I have dated many various colors. I am not even completely white. I am a mutt. People consider me white, but I really don't care what people labeled me as long as I can enjoy myself.

Everyone’s shit stinks no matter how you slice it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#189846 - 09/25/06 12:14 AM White Trash Carnivals [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Interesting post.

I must say that I've been on the top and bottom of the pile as well. Oddly, I get more amusement out of the low-lifes. I hate to admit it, but to a VERY limited extent, I even enjoy the southern shit-kicker white trash trailer park atmospheres once in a GREAT while.

I don't think I'd ever move to one, but for the 3-6 months I spent in Arkansas when I was 17, I had a blast living with my cousin in a trailer park. It was great hanging out in a circle of chairs on the lawn listening to a bunch of the most white-trash shit-kickers that ever fell out of the stereotype catalog. It was entertaining to say the least. Inbred Jed with the corn-cob pipe and barbed-wire tattoo around his skinny arms, and Toothless Ned in overalls, sucking down a cheap 12-pack of brew while droning on about how his cousin saw her reflection in the toilet, thought it was her, and then drowned trying to save herself--or some other fantastically stupid shit.

There was the obligatory BBQ and occasional yeeha's while listing to some lame country dork crooning through static about losing his wife with his cars in the lawn or some shit over a busted radio with the batteries dying. The local park-slut flirting around, and the fattest lady in town hollerin' that "supper's ready, yall!" And of course, as the sun set, they spark up that damned mosquito zapper which did nothing but attract them in droves.

It's interesting how much enjoyment I still get out of these situations--considering how horrified I would be to have to deal with having any real relations with them over time, or deal with the crappy atmosphere more than once in a while. It's like that feeling you get at a party--you're having the time of your life, but only because you know you're never going to see these people again.

I definitely like the difference that porches make in the South. They actually take time to visit and enjoy eachother's company. It's a lot of fun. It's too bad most of them are dumber than a bucket of rocks, and can't get through a conversation without "Jesus" being in every other sentence.

#189847 - 09/25/06 12:26 AM Re: White Trash Carnivals [Re: Quiddity]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

I can't really relate to anything you've said, but at least you had a good time.

#189848 - 09/25/06 12:29 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
No, but there are a few hyper-P.C., passive-aggressive, "agnostic" jerks. But if you can get past that, it's not half bad.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#189849 - 09/25/06 12:43 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Discipline]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Everyone’s shit stinks no matter how you slice it.

About as plain and simple as you can get on the matter.

#189850 - 09/25/06 01:36 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I am not insulted by who you are or you enjoying who you are. I am just wondering why you think all the culture you have had to experience was someone else's?

>>despite that I have ONLY been able to experience OTHER cultures<<

This doesn't make any sense to me. Then again a lot of people only assume cultures other than their own is culture and what they are living every day is not culture. For example, a lot of American kids are very much into Japanese culture, because it is more interesting. However, a lot of Japanese children are very much into American culture, because it is more interesting.

#189851 - 09/25/06 07:56 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
I don't know about the Pacific. In Canada, there are fundamentalists but they aren't as organized or as aggressive as the Southern Baptist Convention. The largest Protestant denomination up here is the United Church of Canada, which is gay friendly and generally mellow.

I would say, avoid the greater Toronto area, avoid Vancouver, and if you want to speak English, generally avoid Quebec. If you don't want to deal with obnoxious Christian conservatives, avoid the prairies. If you want to avoid the really ridiculous bleeding heart stuff, avoid Ottawa. That leaves: the rest of BC, the rest of Ontario, and Atlantic Canada (where I'm from).

You will generally have to content yourselves with the reduced amenities of a smaller city; for example, the biggest towns in Atlantic Canada are Halifax, Nova Scotia (c. 385,000) and St. John's, Newfoundland (c. 173,000). I don't know much about St. John's but I always found Halifax pretty comfortable -- then again, I grew up in a town of 45,000, so Halifax was "the big city" for me until I left that part of the country altogether.

#189852 - 09/25/06 07:56 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Oh yeah! I forgot about Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont.

Hope you like snow.

Also, I suppose we could throw in: the southernmost parts of Alaska. I count that as part of the "Pacific Northwest".

Edited by reprobate (09/25/06 07:59 AM)

#189853 - 09/25/06 09:00 AM Acknowledging Foreignness [Re: tovasshi]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I am not insulted by who you are or you enjoying who you are. I am just wondering why you think all the culture you have had to experience was someone elses?

>>despite that I have ONLY been able to experience OTHER cultures<<

I suppose I am slightly exaggerating to make a point. I do live in the Bay Area, however, which makes the point even better. Most white people here vindicate their color to other races by disavowing their own kind--and offering a little PC condescention against anyone who expresses a natural desire to be among their own kind--for fear of falling the wrong side of anti-white contempt and paranoia. Any distinctly white culture here is an apologetic afterthought, and universally dominated by xianity. Exceptions to this are reactionary.

We have the largest Afghan population in the world outside Afghanistan--therefore lot's of Muslims as well. The population of Mexicans needs no further comment. In many major universities, whites are a distinct minority to Chinese--far and away. This is what I mean when I say every OTHER culture.

Quote:

This doesn't make any sense to me. Then again a lot of people only assume cultures other than their own is culture and what they are living every day is not culture. For example, a lot of American kids are very much into Japanese culture, because it is more interesting. However, a lot of Japanese children are very much into American culture, because it is more interesting.

This, again makes my point. There is a major difference between emphasizing a natural enjoyment and prioritization of one's OWN culture over others at large--versus an antipathy to other cultures--yet one is usually and falsely taken for the other.

Enjoying one's own culture is not contempt for others--but is treated as such if we are talking about white people.

Fuck it. I'm white and I'm done apologizing or being annoyed. I'm just going to be white and enjoy myself.

I'll tell a little story that makes the point pretty vividly. This is, by no means, the only situation that has led me to what I'm about today, but it's one of the best. I learned a hard--and a very painful lesson through it, but I learned it WELL.

I once said fuck it--I'm going to embrace another culture. I got together with the most amazing Chinese girl on the planet. To say she was beautiful would be like saying calling the Mona Lisa a piece of art, or Bill Gates a technician. No lie--she turned every head she passed and lit up every room like a sunrise on an ice-float.

Her English was nearly (in sound) indistinguishable from being her first language, she had her hair tiger-striped black, blue, and violet, had a wardrobe one would expect of a credentialed theatre costume designer, came from a wealthy family, was completely loyal, great in bed, etc., etc., etc.. She was a wonder woman in every way, and I was the envy of every man who saw me with her. I almost married her--coming only a comment away from proposing.

I had it in my mind I was going to set a new standard for exploring another culture--and I have a unique ability to cannibalize what is impossible for others.

It all fell flat. I don't doubt that with years of protracted work, I could have learned Mandarine and Cantonese well enough to fit awkwardly into her family, I could dimiss the cultural oddities that would skew her well-intended, but astonishingly sideways judgement in the meanings of certain things. Despite the absence of any accent, she still thought in Chinese, because everyone at home did. Therefore, every five minutes we would go through the vicious cycle of protracted explanations of the totally obvious.

I'm sure she felt the same about me as well--and with good reason. It's not about superiority--it's about the inescapable truth that cultures are FOREIGN to eachother--and that this actually DOES mean something.

The final straw was when I decided to propose to her on her birthday, and she hadn't the slightest fucking clue what I was talking about. She had a thing for tying marachino cherry-stems in a knot with her tongue instantly. She said, "I'm trying to tie the knot." I smiled, and--in segue, said, "What a coincidence. So am I." She stared blankly at me, and had no fucking idea what I meant.

I knew right then that if I took the next step, a decade later I would be looking back on years of exasperated conversation damned to shallow and undeveloped meaning by the incessant explanations of minutae. The words, "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING TO MY LIFE--AND HERS?" went through my head, and I hit the fucking brakes.

The point I am making here is obvious. The foreignness of one culture to the other cannot be absolved by ignoring it--as I learned very well. It need not make a difference in how we respect eachother in society, but the differences DO exist, and ignoring them can be devastating. I ignored this in the hope we could make things work anyway, and she got her heart broken. I walked away feeling guilty as hell for injuring the most devoted girlfriend ever--since she did nothing to deserve the pain, and yet responsibility is NOT facination. Pretending it is just postpones the inevitable.

The thing that only struck me after we separated was, "What if it had worked? What if we had married? What if we divorced 10 years later?" It is an absolute fact that the loss I would have experienced would have been several-fold that of any white woman I would have married.

It would be one thing to arrest one's development in order to gain a similar level in another culture--but that's not what happens--despite popular delusions to the contrary. A relentlessly self-developing white person (I'm obviously not just referring to color here) diving into Mandarine or Cantonese is utterly damned to basic functional literacy for a long time--if not forever.

I hail exceptions to this--if there are any. I really do. I am genuinely--not apologetically, facinated by some other cultures. I'm just tired of not having my own, and therefore am going to act on it.

#189854 - 09/25/06 09:18 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: reprobate]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

You make quite a good case for Canada, sir. Fuck the amenities. I decent budget and internet access can furnish whatever they don't have.

What very little I know of Canada is tainted by my history of devotion to the band Rush--to whom I was utterly devoted through my high-school and Army years. Unfortunately I burned myself out permanently, and am off them for good now.

You know, I think I might just check Canada out--at least just to see what it's like. Perhaps I will have a chance to buy you a coffee after all.

I am anxious for the next 6 months to pass. I have one final ball and chain to attend to--then I am entirely mobile, and I intend to hit every cool spot on the planet.

#189855 - 09/25/06 01:01 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Well, if white means "white," the Pacific Northwest technically has Asians. But, I really like Asians, so that's no skin off my neck. I actually wouldn't want to live in a place that didn't have a sizeable population of Asians! (Where there are Asians, there is Asian food...)

I think class is actually a bit more important to me than race. I certainly do not feel at home around rednecks, chavs, or miscellaneous types of lumpy proletariats, even though/if they're white.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#189856 - 09/25/06 01:46 PM Re: Acknowledging Foreignness [Re: Quiddity]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Your experience does resonate with me somewhat

When I was younger I used to go out drinking with my friends, a few of whom were in university at the time, they would bring a whole gaggle of students along with them (is gaggle ok for a collective phrase for students ?).

A few of them were chinese, pakistani, israeli, malaysian etc.
I got talking with a chinese guy called Joe, he couldn't believe I had a interest in old Shaw brothers kung fu movies and we talked all night about them.
We met a few other times and always had a laugh talking about shared interests, shaw brothers, toho godzilla films etc. Then one night I said something completely innocuous to him and he flipped and punched me in the face, I reacted in complete shock and hoofed him in the gonads.
I can't remember what I said but it was something completely trivial and random, I never saw him again but heard that he had threatened to knife me if he ever saw me again.

Another incident happened a while ago with Vaz a pakistani student friend of a friend, I bought in the drinks, and handed him his, he immediately jumped up and started yelling at me, apparently I had handed him his drink with my left hand, in pakistan the left hand is your "toilet/dirty" hand and you should never pass of offer food or drink with it.
Not being really up on pakistani "culture" I began to think to myself, whats the point ?, is this the price of multiculturism ?

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#189857 - 09/25/06 02:21 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
Quote:

Does anyone know where a place like this exists? The south springs to mind, but I would think xianity would fuck it my high.

Well, you could try... UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Portugal, Belium, Holland, Luxembourg, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Czech, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Bulgaria, Greece, Former Yugoslav Republics, Albania, Ukraine, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Cyprus, Argentina, Australia, New Zealand, Northern Kazakhstan, Malta etc... etc... etc...

Eastern Europeans are still "havent's". Always a good place for commerce.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406011 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements