Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#189858 - 09/25/06 02:42 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Are you questioning my Blackness?

#189859 - 09/25/06 03:00 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

This is a perfect example of herdishness.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#189860 - 09/25/06 03:45 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: MagisterRose]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Thank you! I'm glad somebody agreed with me...

#189861 - 09/25/06 04:05 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Asmedious Offline

Take note. When white people in a group express positve feelings about their own race, and discuss some negative past experiences with other cultures, it's "herd mentality, racisim, or predjudice," when another races expresses the same views it's called "Racial Pride."

#189862 - 09/25/06 04:35 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Asmedious]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

It's all herdishness. Racial pride is for those with no accomplishments or abilities of their own.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#189863 - 09/25/06 04:44 PM Re: He must love being dumb. [Re: MagisterRose]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
Nor have the abilty to change their enviroment. They just rant about "pride" or looking for a "group" for shelter. I dislike this thread aswell.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#189864 - 09/25/06 04:54 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: MagisterRose]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

It's all herdishness. Racial pride is for those with no accomplishments or abilities of their own.

Sir, I must consent that there is no argument to that answer. Very well put.

#189865 - 09/25/06 05:09 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: TrojZyr]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
You've clearly never heard of a Vietnamese street gang.

Class doesn't matter to me. I don't mind if someone is poor, if they're clean and well-spoken and care about the community and can live and let live. I'd rather live around such people than pretentious rich folks.

What it boils down to is, regardless of wealth bracket or culture, if they actually care about being good neighbors. But I understand what Quiddity is saying, too: different people have different comfort zones when it comes to language and cultural frame of reference.

I come from a pretty white-bred, conservative part of Canada, relatively speaking, so a lot of this "being made to feel guilty for being white" stuff is quite alien to me. Now that I'm in touch with people of different cultures (Italians, even!), I find it easier to communicate because I do have a culture of my own, and can become increasingly aware of it.

#189866 - 09/25/06 05:24 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: MagisterRose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

This is a perfect example of herdishness.

Exactly.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#189867 - 09/25/06 05:25 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: MagisterRose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Exactly II.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#189868 - 09/25/06 05:48 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: reprobate]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
You've got a point there.

I've actually never lived, resided, or been in many areas where Asian gangs were the "big thing," so it's not part of my usual experience.

You're right about the good neighbor business. I certainly know assorted people who are poor(er) or not formally educated, but still likeable and even admirable, because they conduct themselves with dignity and courtesy. Heck, if we're factoring education into it, some of the sharpest people on this very board are people who haven't had a lot of formal schooling. I guess you could say that no matter what class you belong to, you can always choose whether or not to have class .

But, I may have some trouble getting along with people of a different or lower class, not because I'm bad, stupid, or mean, or they're necessarily bad, stupid, or mean, but because our experiences and even our values may be so different that it's hard to communicate and connect. I feel awkward around some blacks because I'm worried they're waiting for me to say something they'll construe as racist, and I stumble around people who are poor or less educated because I'll sometimes make a joke or comment that they won't get.

In these senses, I am usually more comfortable around people who are more like me, because I don't have to be as vigilant about being accidentally offensive or off-putting. But, who is "like me" doesn't just relate to a single factor, and there's certainly a hierarchy of factors there.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#189869 - 09/25/06 06:22 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

I'm genuinely curious. How so?

Simple. Different cultures have different standards. A Caucasian person from a Spanish speaking country would not be considered white in the U.S. but "Latino". Some people don’t consider Italians to be white either.

The same happens with other nationalities. Some people who were officially "Caucasian" in their original countries find out they are given a different label here.

Race is a subjective concept that varies a lot from one culture to another.

In the Unites States everyone with just a little African ancestry is called “black” even if his skin is light brown. In other countries to be considered “black” you have to be really dark in color and everything else is considered white despite of African features. It’s all a matter of comparison.

#189870 - 09/25/06 08:22 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I agree with half.

I could care less about the pigment of skin.

Literally speaking, pigment cells have nothing to do with literacy, or knowing how to speak any one given language.

And for the record, Pussy is pussy. Again, the organ, Vagina, has nothing to do with the pigment cell.

With that out of the way, since I could go on all day long about how pigment cells have nothing to do with the points I do agree with, I'd like to say; that was half as good a post as it could have been coming from someone like yourself.

You're a wizard with words, and we've all seen it.

so what is this shite about skin pigment glorification.

It is akin to using the word nature, or natural, as the root of a day to day arguement, such as homosexuality.

Get over it hispanic guy.

I'm white too, but could not find one thing to compare to my pigment cells that made me who I am.

Maybe I missed it.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#189871 - 09/25/06 08:22 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Asmedious]
man_mind Offline
Banned

I think it is silly sand-box ethics for any race to do it.

Children. Well, more like tiny baby monkeys.

"A priest is one who harbors the ill and gives them faith because they fear death and they are weak."

#189872 - 09/25/06 08:40 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Luigi Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Europe & South America
I'm Brazilian, I've got Italian citizenship, I live in London, my girlfriend is Slovak, my best friends are Czechs and my boss is Irish -- and no, there's no cultural shock or misunderstandigs at all. Life is adaptation -- and adaptation is evolution.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406134 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements