Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#189933 - 09/26/06 11:09 PM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Colonel_Akula]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
Quote:

I just call em' as I see em'.

And by the way...you are NOT Copernicus.

HS!!!

You're seeing, but not noticing. If you were, you would recognize prejudice when you say it--I mean see it.

#189934 - 09/26/06 11:33 PM Re: A Credit to One's Race? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
Quote:

If you identify this strongly with such a nebulous grouping, can you explain how this is anything other than herd identification? And if you don't identify with this grouping, why bother making an issue out of it at all?

Good question. The answer is that it's not really that big an issue. I sometimes forget that the written word on a discussion site does not convey the level of depth or casuality of interest in a statement.

The tone I meant all this was not quite as shallow as bitching about being cut off on the freeway--but not too far from that. The idea occurred, and I thought it an interesting post--so I did. That's really all there is to it. It's really just a minor reaction to living in the Bay Area--and the annoyance of constantly dealing with it.

Example: Today I went to the dentist. I went back and forth 4 times from the chair to the x-ray room because the old Chinese woman at the controls could not understand English. Am I ready to lock and load? No. It's more like a minor nuciance that I've noticed has turned into an all day--every day pain in the ass, because it has insinuated itself into every situation I deal with.

I wouldn't give a second thought to one instance of this--but the cumulative effect is really annoying. I would actually like to get away from it. It's even more annoying when I start hearing white people berating themselves in order to fit in--which is universal in California.

Am I complaining? Yes. Am I angry? Maybe a little. Am I ready to do something about it? Yes--to the extent of writing about it and probably moving or something, but not to the extent of joining the clan or starting race-riots or anything.

I do see you're making reasoned arguments here--and while I don't necessarily agree entirely, I don't want to quibble over minutiae.

It's really just about feeling a sense of familiarity about home and neighborhood--rather than a comprehensive treatise on humanity's state of racial relations.

#189935 - 09/27/06 12:07 AM Re: A Credit to One's Race? [Re: Quiddity]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Good question. The answer is that it's not really that big an issue

I call bullshit.

Quote:

That was a lifetime of pent-up frustration purged all at once.

I have said it before... and I'll say it again. "He, who angers you, controls you."

Maybe I’ll put that in my sig…

That you reacted at all shows that you’re allowing yourself to become a product of your environment. It's like the punk kid rebelling against the system because it's the "system," who is in essence being controlled by the very thing he is trying to rebel against.

The whole race thing is a copout and racial pride is just stupid. You didn’t do anything to be white; you didn’t go through any right of passage. You did nothing to earn it. You’re claiming pride for something in which you did nothing for, except be born. Pride for what you are is dumb. Pride for what you do is worthwhile. The later denotes action.

You can try all you want to try and say it’s your accomplishments that your taking pride in, but it’s not; because if that were true then you wouldn’t have even thought to mention race (you would have had better accomplishments to write about). It’s like putting a few cherries on a turd, in the end it still tastes like shit.

The Temple | The Elite

#189936 - 09/27/06 12:38 AM Re: I love being a Racist [Re: Ace]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
>>Most people confuse racism with stereotypes. Judging people based on skin color is just the same as judging them based on their hair color, the way they dress, etc.

Actually, the way a person dresses themselves can be a good distinguishing sign. A person's manner of dress is a choice unlike the color of their skin.

True, there are intelligent people who dress silly, but there are underlining points to their tastes in clothes. Clothes are a far greater indicator to a person's life style than their physical appearance.

It must be taken case by case.

However, the sly folk know how to use clothes to their advantage.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#189937 - 09/27/06 12:49 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I'm not what one would call racist. However, I generally tend to value myself (as a person) over any other "culture" in this world.

Since I was born white, I've come to accept that and not hate myself for it just because of the way the PC world is. It doesn't mean that I hate or judge anyone else by their skin color or race.

I do, however, judge people by their actions, thoughts, ideas, opinions, and the way that they treat me.

I've come across bad and good people from every race. I've met some real scumbags in my life, but race is not the primary reason that I would think that he or she is a scumbag.

The bottom line is: in my world, being white will not stop me from hating you if you're a prick. Being black, asian, hispanic, etc. will not prevent me from liking you if you are an all-around respectable person. And I can't stand it when anyone tries to tell me that I 'have' to like or hate anyone I come across who is of a different background than myself.

#189938 - 09/27/06 12:50 AM Re: A Credit to One's Race? [Re: Neko]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Today I heard some kid say, "You have to tell the government what to do, because we are their bosses."

Sure kid, is that why you go to jail for not paying your taxes to your "employees"?

I got off the stupid topic. Sorry.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#189939 - 09/27/06 01:02 AM Re: A Credit to One's Race? [Re: Quiddity]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

There are plenty of Americans who are Chinese by decent but speak perfect English. One of my engineering professors is Chinese and he is the best teacher in that department. What a shocker!

I like the Bay Area. Hell, the one thing I do like about California is the diversity, even if it comes with morons on all levels. However, anywhere there are people there will be morons. You can’t have one without the other, as much as I would like it to be otherwise.

I also don't see too much of white people belittling themselves in California. But maybe I just don't pay attention.

The only funny thing I noticed on a racial side is the fact that my university has a quarter of Asians enrolled but they are still considered a minority. I really could careless considering Asian girls are sexy (yes, I am that shallow ) and the fact that their benefits of being a minority does not give them any real leverage in their education when it comes to doing well. The education is what counts and not who gets what cool little social club. But even white surfer kids can have a club.

I find your whole argument silly. But perhaps I just did not read it thoroughly enough.

#189940 - 09/27/06 02:58 AM Re: I love being a Racist [Re: Quiddity]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

Thank you for the quality post, UVRay. That was actually very enlightening, and I really enjoyed reading it.

Thanks. "Racism" just like "fascism" is an interesting subject - not just in and of itself but also because of the modern penchant in social climes to try and deny it.

As I have said, like it or lump it, racism is an aspect of human behaviour, the recognition of which should surely be a useful tool in the Satanists arsenal even if one does not subscribe to it themselves, and although I don't necessarily agree with the manner in which you voiced your opinion I was attempting to draw the conversation away from herd-like reactions and into the realm of study.

But I fear this thread is lost and will probably be silenced. Shame.

#189941 - 09/27/06 04:27 AM Re: I love being a fucking white man. [Re: Quiddity]
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

Its entirely pointless me replying on topic to this thread as anything that I would say has already been discussed. So instead I think we all need to come together for a big group hug and a jolly old campfire sing-along.

There comes a time when we need a certain call
When the world must come together as one
There are people dying
Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life
The greatest gift of all

We can't go on pretending day by day
That someone, somehow will soon make a change
We're all a part of God's great big family
And the truth you know love is all we need

We are the world, we are the children
We are the ones who make a brighter day
so let's start giving