Topic Options
#189959 - 09/24/06 11:54 PM a couple of questions....
redheadgrl Offline

Any guidance on these questions would be much appreciated (links or written responses)

How does Satanism differ from Atheism and Humanism? From what I've read-there seem to be many similarities, although Atheism is merely a definition. I'm attempting to sort this out. Satanism is more ceremonious-but that isn't expected, from what I've read. Also, there are rules and sins outlined for Satanists, much of which seem to be common-sense/logic-based to me.

One more question: when eugenics is discussed, it is mentioned that Satanists seek to mate the best with the best-source: (http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Feared.html) is it considered acceptable to voluntarily refrain from reproducing as a Satanist, regardless of ones genetic makeup?

Thanks!

Edited by redheadgrl (09/27/06 12:13 AM)

#189960 - 09/25/06 01:59 AM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: redheadgrl]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
Quote:

How does Satanism differ from Atheism and Humanism? From what I've read...

Is part of what you've read The Satanic Bible, and not merely online documents? If so, you should have the answers right there.

Quote:

Also, there are rules and sins outlined for Satanists, much of which seem to be common-sense/logic-based to me.

To you, perhaps. To many others, not even close. Not so common is sense, unfortunately.

Quote:

is it considered acceptable to voluntarily refrain from reproducing as a Satanist

Yes.

Quote:

irregardless of ones genetic makeup?

"Irregardless" is not a word. If anything, it is redundant.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#189961 - 09/25/06 07:30 AM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: redheadgrl]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
>is it considered acceptable to voluntarily refrain from reproducing as a Satanist, irregardless of ones genetic makeup?

Of course. Everything about being a Satanist is voluntary, and you seem intelligent enough to have figured that out.

When the coat no longer fits, however, it's time to find another label.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#189962 - 09/25/06 09:29 PM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: MagisterParadise]
redheadgrl Offline

Thanks Magister Paradise. Sorry for the 'irregardless' slip, but better that than than 'believe' or 'belief' anyday!

Edited by redheadgrl (09/26/06 10:42 PM)

#189963 - 09/25/06 09:53 PM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: MagistraNadramia]
redheadgrl Offline

Thanks Magistra Nadramia-so often it is looked upon as a disservice to humanity by others and not merely a personal choice.

Edited by redheadgrl (09/26/06 10:41 PM)

#189964 - 09/26/06 04:02 AM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: redheadgrl]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It is advised that you address high ranking members of the Church of Satan by title - it can be considered disrespectful to address High Priestess Nadramia as merely "Peggy."

#189965 - 09/26/06 10:43 PM Re: a couple of questions.... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
redheadgrl Offline

Thanks-I edited my response.

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements