Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190308 - 09/28/06 12:11 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
When I was about 13, I realized Christianity was not the way to go and dropped it as a religion. I was upset about this, as I had been born into a Christian family. Learning, at that age, that you have been mislead and outright lied to your entire life can understandably make one angry. And I was.

I would talk about what a sham it was. I would have long conversations with my friends about why we felt Christianity was bunk. The kids at school who would ask about why I rejected their belief system would get an earful. I would engage them in vitriolic debates in which there was no winner.

Somewhere along the way, I grew up.

Now I don't think about Christianity unless directly confronted with it. Even then, I usually find subtle ways to diffuse so that it won't affect me.

I just have better things to worry about. Things that directly affect me - like where the Hell did I put my car keys, or since when did a bag of M&Ms cost $1.25, etc...

#190309 - 09/28/06 12:32 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: IMMORTAL809]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

...while certainly there was a man whose name has been written as Christ that walked among mankind 2K years ago...

Certainly? Excuse me for nitpicking, but there is no such thing.

In all these years and with all the money invested, Christian Archeologists have failed to presents any solid evidence.

#190310 - 09/28/06 03:30 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god

Why would the Satanist resent a "god" that we know does not exist.

Quote:

alot of satanists i've met, known or know

I would like to know how many of the Satanist's you have met wear Marilyn Manson hoodies and tight leather jeans, with spikes round their necks, heavy leather boots, black nail varnish and black lipstick (both men & women) and have marks along their wrist's. I have meet many stereotypes but suggesting you are a Satanist just by knowing the basics or even not knowing anything damages the image of the true Satanist. I doubt you have read the Satanic Bible.

Quote:

i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

I don't think this question is about the people you have met, I think you are targeting this one at everyone of us here, if so then I suggest you leave with your stereotypical view's, you are not wanted here.

Hail Satan

#190311 - 09/28/06 03:47 AM The God of Assholes [Re: Lust]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Damn, you beat me to it!

I was going to recommend this essay as well. It is one of my favorites written by the Good Doktor.

#190312 - 09/28/06 06:19 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: IMMORTAL809]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Um, no.

You see the way religion works is it evolves. 2000+ years ago, religion wasn't taken as seriously as it is today. People traveled a lot. There was no tv, telephone, and hardly anything to read for people to spread the word. SO religions were very much local or personal things.

If someone went somehwere and they liked an aspect of said religion they would take it back with them and use it as part of their personal belief system.

Read the story of the god Osirus. He died, and came back to life. He baptised his followers with water and he promised eternal life through him.

The Jesus story itself is older than 2000 years. They discovered it sprouted in a Babylonian religion, where Yahwey was the cow god in a pantheon.

#190313 - 09/28/06 06:25 AM Re: I Am Not Resentful [Re: captain_howdy]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
On the contrary, my dear boy.

I like these exponents of theology very much.

It keeps them servile.

Perfect for someone such as myself. That is to say, someone who is a member of the natural born royalty who was never born to serve, labour or subjugate themselves to religious or social mores.

What seperates me from all manner of social misfits (some of whom call themselves Satanists) is that I have a great love of people. A great love of humanity with all its foibles. And that enables me to move through life with great ease.

The Devil loves mamkind as he is. And accepts him. It is God based religions that sets the parameters in opposition to man's true nature. God hates man. The Devil does not.

I am the Devil. And I'm here to do the Devil's work.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#190314 - 09/28/06 01:42 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Though I don't have much time for Christianity, I don't hold resentment towards Christians. They can believe what they want as long as they don't throw it in my face and try to convert me. I've always had Satanic beliefs, but not because of resentment.

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#190315 - 09/28/06 01:54 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Serdan Offline

Loc: Denmark
I live in one of the most secular countries in the world and was brought up in an atheist family, so to hate Christians would be rather foolish.

#190316 - 09/28/06 03:54 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

I don't hate anyone because of their religion. I think it's rather stupid and ignorant.

I may not agree with their religious doctrine but if they're cool with me and tend not to rub it in my face, then I'm cool with them.

These so-called "Satanists" that are resenting a god that doesn't exist and hating people who worship it are the ones who don't get it and are trying too hard.

HS!

#190317 - 09/28/06 07:21 PM Re: "trying too hard" [Re: Callier]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You are too cool for words.

Well written, nevertheless!

Thank you!

#190318 - 09/28/06 07:45 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I most certaintly am not! I am only resentful towards the midget that lives behind my toilet and I am a Satanist because my pop tarts told me I was. Unless my midget is a Christian then I need to reformulate all my ideas. Oh God! why are you here???!!!

#190319 - 09/28/06 10:23 PM Re: "trying too hard" [Re: Nemo]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

You are too cool for words.

Well written, nevertheless!

Thank you!

You're most welcome Magister.

Yey! I got props from Nemo!

HS!

#190320 - 09/28/06 10:35 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Dark_Adept Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: High Hades
It was fun in the 80s to hate Xtians. But it got old once public enemy fucked up Anthrax...but I digress Over the past 15-20 years I've learned a lot about stress and time management, and one thing's for sure, as long as the Hallelujah's don't fuck with me, I couldn't care less if they end up in meat grinders, crucified or whatever bondage fetish they see themselves in in the afterlife etc. To quote Ozzy "I have enough trouble trying to conjure my ass out of bed in the morning let alone some devil!" I prefer the Doc's method of purging oneself from any resentment toward "white lighters" by perhaps a Black Mass if it's absolutely necessary for cathartic purposes of course. Other than that, I don't waste hate on cretins, just those who go out of their way to cause me or those close to me discomfort. Let em blow themselves up or flagellate, more power to them; I'll provide the vaseline and motion lotion.

#190321 - 09/29/06 12:57 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Personally.....NO

I couldnt care less about Xtians or other religious denominations.

I find their own delusions and inabiliity to do anything but be a leech on society quite amusing.

Like all leeches they eventually implode and die

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190322 - 09/29/06 12:58 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
I hate to answer a question with a question, but what does your pathetic circle of acquaintances have to do with all Satanists everywhere? Or to put it in another way, just how do you think it is in any way rational to argue from a particular case to a universal case?

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements