Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190368 - 10/01/06 07:33 PM Re: Simplicity [Re: leonor]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

I have to disagree with the first part of your sentence. It is in fact its challenging simplicity that makes it so hard for some people to grasp. Such simplicity does require a great deal of work.

Ahh but that is just it!

Satanism, unlike other religions, does not and can not be molded into the standard dualistic paradigm that other religions do.

Satanism does not work like the others, it is alien to them.

The overwhelming majority of people try to mold Satanism into what it isn't, that is into how they percieve it based on their entire worldview, because they are bound to.

Even to those not bound to the dualistic paradigm that runs our society, the tenets of Satanism, though simple unto themselves, become more complicated as they are tempered counterballanced by eachother.

Example, many take the idea of being ones own god to mean 'anything goes', disregarding that Satanists temper that with the addage, 'responsibility to the responsible'.

Satanism is very easy to take out of context if you are not looking at the whole picture, and to see it takes a keen intellect.

If you disagree, think back to the last time you met a stupid Satanist. Never? Right! That was a trick question.

Stupid Satanist is an oxymoron.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#190369 - 10/01/06 09:02 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Lust]
Lazarus Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
Just to let you know, I took that page and I studied it hard. It seems that if what they are saying is correct, then so are you and Jesus never existed at all. At least not as some are aware of him.

I was under the false immpression that Jesus had actually lived, but was mistaken in the fact that he was the messiah. But now I see that this is most likely false due to several historical facts:

1) Nazareth didn't even exist in the Roman year 2 AD, so there goes that theory.

2) At the time specified in the gospels that Caesar supposedly gave the decree of census, Judea was not under Roman rule, therefore there would have been no need to respond.

3) That the existance of this particular Jesus is chronicled no where in any legal historical documents except for the new testament.

The list could go on. I would recommend everyone read that link. Thank you for sharing it!

#190370 - 10/02/06 01:06 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
sethalla Offline

Loc: canada
you are sataniste if you are on the side of satan and on the side of the other dirigent of hell.....why?

#190371 - 10/02/06 01:08 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: sethalla]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

you are sataniste if you are on the side of satan and on the side of the other dirigent of hell.....why?

I'm not understanding your question....

#190372 - 10/02/06 01:28 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
sethalla Offline

Loc: canada
but take care if you are the side of satan and the other dirigent of hell you are sataniste but take care if satan lucifer and the other dirigent of hell are in your side because sometime they favorise other people organisation or country take care all the time in which side you are! Hail satan

#190373 - 10/02/06 01:48 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
vivica Offline

Loc: New Zealand (know where that i...
i do not resent christians, i come from a catholic school, i was brought up as a catholic. i hope people here do have an understanding of the christian culture before they judge, and arent as narrow minded as some of the fuckwits out there.

i do however resent the church as i have watched it be the overriding reason for the decay of my family, but no, i am not a satanist because of this

its about individuality, make your own choice. well thats what i think

#190374 - 10/02/06 03:53 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
sav Offline

Loc: West Sussex, Great Britain.
I do not hate Christianity, I do not hate 'God'. I do not care about Christianity. I do not care about 'God'.

#190375 - 10/02/06 09:17 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I wonder who these 'Satanists' are.
I do not hate christians. Hate takes a lot of energy I'd like to spend in better ways then hating a person who does not affect my personal life in any way.
I can hate individuals but not a person who happens to be part of a group.

#190376 - 10/02/06 09:34 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Discipline]
Curatio Offline

Loc: Northern part of Germany
Yes. Thats all New-Age Religions. One ist better, , and one badder, and one is silly....For example, Wicca is a New-Age-Religion, too.

I hope I speak better english because i can talk more about my meanings.

#190377 - 10/02/06 09:41 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: tekku]
Curatio Offline

Loc: Northern part of Germany
Ok...

...also....

Ich meine, das keine der Neuzeit-Religionen die alten mehr oder weniger etablierten Religionen ablösen wird. Die Weltreligionen erhalten von überall Unterstützung...sogar vom Staat.Lass diese Religionen so beschissen sein wie sie sind, aber auch in tausend Jahren (wenn die Welt dann noch existiert, denn nach Nostradamus geht die Welt um das Jar 2050 unter und ich bereite mich jetzt schon drauf vor;) ).

Der Satanismus ist eigentlich nichts neues, denn es wurden vom "Begründer" Texte diverser anderer Autoren übernommen ohne quellenangaben zu machen. Beispiel dafür ist das Buch "Might is Right", welches als "Das Buch Satan" in der Satanischen Bibel geklatscht wurde - auch ohne Angaben zum Autor.

Du hast nicht zufällig ICQ oder MSN? Ich glaub wir müssen weitere gespräche nicht hier im Forum führen. Zumindest keine "privateren" und welche in deutscher Sprache, die ein Großteil der User hier sowieso nicht verstehen das es hier zum Großteil US-Amerikaner sind.

#190378 - 10/02/06 09:43 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
I am resentful towards Christians because I am a satanist not the other way around.
Christians are stupid, stupidity annoys me.
I don't hate Christians as people have the right to be stupid, it is not very productive, but they are entitled to it.

#190379 - 10/02/06 09:57 AM Re: are you a satanist because [Re: captain_howdy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians?

No. You can turn that question around. Are Christians not nonchristians because they are resentful of life? I find that angry Christians seem the most angry, when the topic of Christianity comes up.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#190380 - 10/02/06 01:11 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Ja ok...die erste sache..ich bin nicht deutscherin aber ich kann bisschen deutsch verstanden...

also dann...fur die dritte mal, ich sage, das ist alles egal fur die
Satanische mensch und machts nichts mit Satanismus

Ich glaube dass du muss nochmal lesen Die Satanische Bible und aller die anderer Bucher Von Herr Doktor LaVey, sowie die Pentagonal Revisionism an die CoS Webseite, und nur noch lesen aber Verstanden die Satanismus Filozofie und was er meint...

und fur might is right....Anton LaVey hat selbst gesagt dass dieser buch von Ragnar Redbeard war fur ihm einer inspiration.

Es gibt keine skandal dort und ich habe nichts mehr zu sagen and diese themen.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190381 - 10/02/06 07:05 PM Re: Simplicity [Re: Dan_Dread]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Quote:

Example, many take the idea of being ones own god to mean 'anything goes', disregarding that Satanists temper that with the addage, 'responsibility to the responsible'

OK I see what you mean.
But doesn’t your example prove extremely simple? Isn’t it much more difficult to live by extremes, or holding on to what the world should be (and isn’t) than simply accepting natural rules of might? Natural justice.
That’s my point.

It’s simple logics.
There’s this old adage that says there nothing as difficult as being simple.
I don’t know how to explain it better.
The purest and simple forms require exhaustive lapidary work.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#190382 - 10/02/06 07:16 PM Re: Simplicity [Re: leonor]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

OK I see what you mean.
But doesn’t your example prove extremely simple? Isn’t it much more difficult to live by extremes, or holding on to what the world should be (and isn’t) than simply accepting natural rules of might? Natural justice.
That’s my point.

To you, to me, perhaps. I am the way I am because I couldn't be any other way. I ended up, through genetics and experience, viewing the world in a way which has been already defined to be Satanic. I 'yam' what I 'yam'.

For others, though, an unwashed herd billions strong, the way a Satanist sees things is completely alien. Practically incomprehensible. Simple and obvious to us, sure, but those that 'get' this are part of a very narrow minority.

Edited by Dan_Dread (10/02/06 07:17 PM)
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406010 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements