Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190383 - 10/02/06 08:09 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: princeofdarkness]
captain_howdy Offline

Quote:

Quote:

hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god

Why would the Satanist resent a "god" that we know does not exist.

Quote:

alot of satanists i've met, known or know

I would like to know how many of the Satanist's you have met wear Marilyn Manson hoodies and tight leather jeans, with spikes round their necks, heavy leather boots, black nail varnish and black lipstick (both men & women) and have marks along their wrist's. I have meet many stereotypes but suggesting you are a Satanist just by knowing the basics or even not knowing anything damages the image of the true Satanist. I doubt you have read the Satanic Bible.
it sounds to me like you are assuming these people i mention must dress "gothic" and must be wannabe's if they dress like that, if you look like mr. rogers then does that make you more of a real satanist? i don't think so. does reading the satanic bible make you a satanist? no it does not!

Quote:

i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

I don't think this question is about the people you have met, I think you are targeting this one at everyone of us here, if so then I suggest you leave with your stereotypical view's, you are not wanted here.
good observation stranger...about my target, being that the title to this thread is very direct and to the point of asking everyone here a very clear question, the thread itself is me then giving an exampe to the title, so people know why i'm asking.
and how am i stereotyping? you're the one stereo typing by assuming that people who "dress gothic" are just wannabe's.
maybe your reply is for the sake of telling someone they are not welcome here because you've been told this?

Hail Satan

for everyone else, this question i ask (for the title of the thread) is not for the sake accusing anyone of being like this, as you don't see me accusing anyone. i am just curious here because for some of those satanist i have met, ect. (whether they were real satanist or not), some have admitted that they became anti christian first then a satanist, however of caurse they claim to be real satanist, just like some people claim to be more real of satanist than other satanists without actually knowing much of the other person/satanist.

#190384 - 10/02/06 08:24 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: Jack_Lantern]
captain_howdy Offline

Quote:

I hate to answer a question with a question, but what does your pathetic circle of acquaintances have to do with all Satanists everywhere?
nothing, and i never said it did either....wow!
Or to put it in another way, just how do you think it is in any way rational to argue from a particular case to a universal case?
what thread were you reading?

. thanks.
no, thank you...thank you very much.

#190385 - 10/02/06 08:41 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: JustinR]
captain_howdy Offline

Quote:

Though I don't have much time for Christianity, I don't hold resentment towards Christians. They can believe what they want as long as they don't throw it in my face and try to convert me. I've always had Satanic beliefs, but not because of resentment.

anyone who throws something in your face should get punched in face, but for the christian(s) trying to convert me part? i kinda like that sometimes, maybe it's immature but i like to question/debate their "religion" and their faith just to watch them get all freaked out, start crying and what not because they don't know the answers to the questions i ask, but i can tell they really wish they did.

#190386 - 10/02/06 09:34 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
vivica Offline

Loc: New Zealand (know where that i...
there is a few people hear who need to take a look at themselves, im fucked.

but just out of curiosity captain_howdy what questions do you ask that seem to upset christians so much? many of my friends are christian and they seem pretty certain with what they believe, they wouldnt get upset, only for me, in which they pray for... awww init cute!

#190387 - 10/02/06 09:55 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: vivica]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

i hope people here do have an understanding of the christian culture before they judge

Most do. I would say that Satanists tend to be very judgemental, yet rightfully so. Me, I understand it intellectually, even if I don't understand it experientially.

That is, I can explain a lot about the history, philosophy, contemporary "issues" etc of Christianity, even if I do not understand, for example, why one would honestly believe that pleasure is wrong, life is a sin, poverty is commendable, one must grovel for forgiveness from an all-compassionate deity, etc.

Quote:

and arent as narrow minded as some of the fuckwits out there.

This place has its fair share of "fuckwits". Our moderators do their best to keep it free of such, however.

Quote:

I'm real confused about my religion

Quoted from your personal website, which I looked at in the absence of an introduction to read. An interesting statement, not often something heard from Satanists.

#190388 - 10/02/06 10:07 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: Linguascelesta]
vivica Offline

Loc: New Zealand (know where that i...
hey

well im glad u have interesting inputs and i no satanists are judgemental as yes, rightly so, but u just need to know, before you judge, otherwise your as weak minded and pathetic as the rest. use what you have kinda thing *shrugs*

and yea... i am uncertain about my religion. to say im a satanist isnt enough, theres some things i dont do and theres some things i do. im not gona lock my door. so yea.. im confused, arent we all? maybe not im jealous if your certain bout your life

hope u respect it

#190389 - 10/02/06 10:11 PM Knowledge, doubt, certainty. [Re: vivica]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

well im glad u have interesting inputs and i no satanists are judgemental as yes, rightly so, but u just need to know, before you judge, otherwise your as weak minded and pathetic as the rest. use what you have kinda thing *shrugs*

Satan represents undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit!

Quote:

theres some things i dont do and theres some things i do.

Sorry, what?

Quote:

im not gona lock my door.

Open-mindedness is good. Commitment is also good, though, if it is well-placed. It is excellent to have doubts. It is even better to replace those doubts with knowledge and certainty.

Quote:

so yea.. im confused, arent we all? maybe not im jealous if your certain bout your life

hope u respect it

I am certain about My life, and I certainly do respect it, thank you

#190390 - 10/02/06 10:44 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

alot of satanists i've met, known or know seem to really be hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god (i.e. a man made god), i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

Time for my two cents of bilous ire.

I absolutely hate, despise, and resent Christians and Christianity in all it's forms. And if I had the chance and enough napalm, I would forcibly immolate every last single monotheistic asshole on the planet. I'd make them light the flare that burned the flesh from their bones.

When it comes to monotheists, my cruelty knows no bounds.

I had 18 years of my life wasted sitting in a church listening to the same drivel over and over and over again, yet powerless to do anything about it because I was a child. Failure to genuflect to the demands of the religion was met with prompt "discipline of the Lord".

I usually do not air my personal history, but I have been beaten, molested, mocked, and betrayed by those that label themselves "the meek who shall inherit the earth.".

Fuck Christians, Christianity, Moslems and whoever else bends their knee to Jehovah, or his various forms.

My hatred. My disgust. My anger.

It fuels, it inspires me.

Some say a Satanist is a product of Nature and Nurture.

I am a product of Nature and Neglect.

My early tormented existence showed me the reality of the human animal.

There was nothing Nurturing about my "formative years".

And for that, I Curse them to thier stupidity. I Curse them, and thier children, and thier children's children to that ever-destructive religion. I will not debate them, I will not attempt to enlighten them in the least.

THEY DESERVE THE SOUL-CONSUMING SHIT THEY WALLOW IN.

And I will do all I can to reinforce their beliefs. I encourage ever single one to go to church more often, donate more of their precious money, time, and life to a social cancer that chokes out the life of oh-so-willing victims.

I will NEVER forget the treachery of self-righteous human animals.

The worst thing I can do to them is to let them keep deluding themselves, and teach thier children to do the same.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#190391 - 10/03/06 02:11 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

it sounds to me like you are assuming these people i mention must dress "gothic" and must be wannabe's if they dress like that, if you look like mr. rogers then does that make you more of a real satanist? i don't think so. does reading the satanic bible make you a satanist? no it does not!

You are totally twisting my word's if I remember correctly I never said that those people you have met have to be Goth's, I was simply saying this is what most people (who consider themselves Satanist's) are like today, meaning dress up in black and worship Satan and that my friend does not make you a Satanist, it makes you stupid, as for reading the Satanic Bible, I was simply getting some vibes from your post that you have not read the Satanic Bible, because you can find your answers in there.

Quote:

good observation stranger...about my target, being that the title to this thread is very direct and to the point of asking everyone here a very clear question, the thread itself is me then giving an exampe to the title, so people know why i'm asking.
and how am i stereotyping? you're the one stereo typing by assuming that people who "dress gothic" are just wannabe's.

Quote:

are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians?

No your target is not very clear, by saying are you a Satanist because you are resentful towards Christians, means you are talking to everbody here and you are stereotyping by saying that being a Satanist means you have to hate Christians.

When one becomes interested in Satanism one becomes a stereotype, by believing that killing animals and hating Christians is right, until you read the Satanic Bible and other works by Anton LaVey and realize that your assumptions are wrong and again Goths where just an example, it doesn't mean that all are wannabes, but there are a selected few that get caught up in the wrong interpretation of Satanism, that's all.

Hail Satan!

Edited by princeofdarkness (10/04/06 01:38 AM)

#190392 - 10/03/06 07:39 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: tekku]
Curatio Offline

Loc: Northern part of Germany
Er sagte das erst, nachdem rauskam das das Buch Satan in echt das Buch Might is Right ist und von einen ganz anderen Autoren kommt.

Der Satanismus an sich ist nix schlechtes - für deutsche Verhältnisse nur zu amerikanisch. Wodrüber ein deutscher lacht ist ein amerikaner empört deswegen sieht man hier die satanische bibel sogar bei wiccas (wiccians) als "gesunden Menschenverstand" an. Mehr ist das hier nicht. Die US.Amerikaner sind eine ziemlich prüde nation.

Hast du kein ICQ, AOL/AIM oder MSN?

#190393 - 10/03/06 09:06 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sprechen Sie Englisch, bitte.

This forum has no difficulty accomodating non-Americans, despite your assertion that we are a prude lot of people. However, it is unbecoming to attempt to carry on conversations under the assumption that everyone else cannot be privy to them in a public forum. We have a private messaging system for that.

Not that it will likely matter. It would appear that you're on the wrong train.

#190394 - 10/03/06 09:21 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The question about the use of verses from Might is Right in The Book of Satan has been brought up about a dozen times, and addressed every time.

However, regarding your suggestion that you should carry on your discussions in private, I advise against attempting to spread seeds of sedition here. The river here runs deep, and regularly washes away the detritus on the banks.

#190395 - 10/03/06 09:44 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
as with every my every response to you (in german or english),
i will say it again

i think your being utterly ridiculous and disrespectful to Anton LaVey and have no clue what your talking about.

I have no intention of carrying this conversation with you further in private or otherwise due to your ridiculous assumptions and yes i do have MSN, but i have no space on my list for shit disturbers who try to detract the good Doktor

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190396 - 10/03/06 06:27 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: tekku]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Eve...
im not sure what relevence my answer has to this question that your responding on my post, whilst answering the question of the thread starter...

however i did find your response interesting and whilst there are a few points on which i agree with and disagree with, i am curious to what your thoughts are to this little grey area.

You say that anyone who enters a religion based on anger etc etc should not cross your path.

Whilst most people realise straight away that they are born a Satanist, there are some people, who do not, and through certain events and anger choose to rebel and as is true to the semantic meaning of Satan, they fly to the adversary...
at the forefront they see "pop culture poster pseudo-Satanists" to use as an example for illustrative purposes, death metal bands and the like. Those are the rebelious fucktards that we as Satanists shun..

but going a little further...

what about those individuals, who go past that idiotic facade and once their anger subsides, they actually pick up a copy of the Satanic bible and read and resonate and realise, that they were a Satanists all along...and had it not been for their rebellious streak or anger, they would not have figured out who and what they truelly are..

Whilst what i have said is purely for illustrative purposes, what i am trying to say in effect is, some people realise early on that they are different and have that freedom of clarity to pursue it until they find their answer, while other people for some reason or another may spend their entire lives walking with thier eyes wide shut, until they realise.or something makes them realise.

We have all had our series of events in our lives that have made us pick up a copy of the Satanic Bible in the first place and realise who and what we are, just the road we took to get here was different.

Hello, I was responding to the original poster of this thread not that of yourself, however, you do bring up some interesting points.

In response to the 'need not cross my path' that is to say, that an individual with the 'easily led' mentality is not someone I would like to associate myself with. Confomity does not suit me very well nor do people who are 'easily' conformed.

Yes, each and every individual has their own experience with realizing that they are infact, Satanist. I do agree on that point.
The roads to realization are yes, different for each individual.

I read the question this way:

Are you a Satanist because you hate God? Did something bad happen to make you so angry that you went off the wayward path into the darkness? That is how I took the question.

Of course, as we all know sometimes it is difficult to get our emotions/point across onto a computer screen via virtual ink.

My whole point was that I do not like to associate myself with individuals who are easily led or spoon fed. I have witnessed this my whole life with Christianity, I have partaken in such an act due to constant brain washing from birth. Never, ever again.

I don't believe in God, therefore, I have no one to be angry at. If anything goes to pot in my life I have only myself to blame. I am the master of my own destiny (of course some pitfalls happen in life that are hard to avoid) but in the end it's myself that I should be angry at.

Anyone that claims a religion based on anger I feel is basing their belief system on shaky ground, what else will they fall for based on fear.....pity, etc. etc. the list goes on.

I am reminded of the headline news today on CNN. A man lost his child 9 years ago (I believe that's how long it was) and he quote said in his suicide letter to his wife: I am angry at "GOD" for letting our baby die. What happens next? He lines up 10 young Amish girls against a black board, preparring to sexually molest them. The cops show up, he panics and shoots them all execution style and then turns the gun on himself.

THIS is what anger at a false entity can cause. I had a child. ONE child and yes, she died. Did I blame 'God'? No. Did I get angry at 'God'? No. There is no God. She died. Simple as that.

When you do something (anything) based on anger you best know what you're doing and have a plan. If I based my life on 'anger' alone? Oh my! This world would be in flames. I am however, rational and base my lifestyle on facts, science, and the knowledge that is readily availiable to me. Not on anger, not on fear.

Thank's for the response, I enjoyed reading your words.

My answer to the original poster should have been simply...no.

Be well,
Eve

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#190397 - 10/03/06 09:23 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Leo_V Offline
CoS Member

No.

I find hate to be a very draining emotion, and experience it less and less as I mature as a Satanist.

Additionally, how could I feel resentment toward a nonexistent entity?

No and no.

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406002 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements