Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190398 - 10/03/06 09:46 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: Leo_V]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Additionally, how could I feel resentment toward a nonexistent entity?

Exactly!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#190399 - 10/03/06 10:25 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

My immediate response, like many here, is a resounding "not at all for me". Still, I do think your question has some merit.

When somebody is new to a religion, whether it's Satanism or something else, they tend to be a little more vocal in their affiliation. They pay particular attention to the expected imagery. They tend to make up a significant percentage of the active debaters who defend the religion on different newsgroups and what not. I certainly went through something like that myself. As for whether this is just a phase for a rebellious teen who loses interest in it once he finally gets to college or gets a girlfriend, or it isn't a phase and the person is truly a Satanist, time will tell.

I've also seen some who at least stumble across and discover Satanism because of a disgust for Christianity. For example, I know one Satanist who was fed up with what a Bible study group was doing in his school, and in wanting to respond with some kind of prank, did some research on the web for shocking "devil" material he could print out. In doing so he stumbled across churchofsatan.com and said "Hey, wait just a minute here. I actually like what these guys have to say..."

However, there was still a big difference between him and the sterotypical teen who's mad at his Christian parents. Again, the latter eventually loses interest. I guess the moral of the story is, it's not what initially leads one to "discover" Satanism, but what sustains one's identity as a Satanist.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#190400 - 10/04/06 12:31 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
minion_3rd_class Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX
Quote:

alot of satanists i've met, known or know seem to really be hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god (i.e. a man made god), i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

Yeah, this seems to be a recurring theme. I think is it a matter of maturity. Personally, I feel nothing but profound indifference towards those Christians, Buddhists, Jews, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus, Shintos, Rastafarians, and yes, even the Zoroastrians.

#190401 - 10/04/06 06:54 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Satansts are born not made.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#190402 - 10/04/06 08:13 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: tekku]
Curatio Offline

Loc: Northern part of Germany
In German you have tell me other things like this!

I have not much respect...for nothing...for no humans. I have only respect for animals. I respected not much humans - but some humans have my respect too.

Respect is degrading.

#190403 - 10/04/06 11:22 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Quote:

I have not much respect...for nothing...for no humans. I have only respect for animals. I respected not much humans - but some humans have my respect too.

This is a textbook example of contradictory statements.
You sound confused, to say the least.

Quote:

Respect is degrading.

This conclusion could only come from premise that respecting someone means recognizing their superiority to you, and seeing that as a degrading thing. Again, the logic is flawed, this time by a grandiose (yet very fragile) ego that can't take comparisment that can endanger it, so it escapes it by this excuse.

Only accomplished people, who know their own value (and limits) can respect another human being for what they are / have done, as they are capable of recognizing the value within - and also in others.

I'm surprised that in all the martial art classes you haven't learned the meaning of respect, in some way.

Regarding the other issue you brought up, the fact is that Europeans are different than Americans who make a majority of posters here. We come from different backgrounds, speak different language, live in very different environment. This can lead to misunderstanding on many issues, and I am sure my opinion on many matters differs from others' here.

The main thing that we share is the fact we are all Satanists. Implications of this are far greater than particularities such as place/language etc, but I'm not sure you can understand this.

Because it has to do with respect , and that's obviously something you know nothing about.

#190404 - 10/04/06 11:30 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Only an extraordinarily weak ego is embarassed to show respect or admiration where it is rightly due. It implies that your self image is so poorly supported that to admit that another person is even worthy lowers you. In other words, you only maintain a positive self opinion by lowering others, instead of promoting yourself.

I have no problem with saying that Anton LaVey was a great man who I would wish to emulate. I have told several people to their face upon meeting them that they are heroes of mine, and that I hold them in the very highest regard. This does not degrade me, it says that I have good taste! Further, I have had the supreme honor of having my feelings reciprocated, and these great men have likewise repaid my compliments and friendship. What greater aggrandizement of the ego exists than to be told by a man of respect and honor that you are his admired friend?

Again, you are on the wrong train. We have a tendency to push such people off the caboose!

#190405 - 10/04/06 11:47 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Here's an essay you might find interesting- that can be found on the "Theory Practice" Page in the CoS website.
And here's even a quote for you:

Quote:

Another common avenue of attack is to charge that members of the Church of Satan worshipped Dr. LaVey. These dolts cannot distinguish worship from respect. Their kind are usually possessed of such weak egos that they are incapable of showing anyone respect. They can grasp the idea of worshiping some exalted “other,” but to show respect to another person is alien to them. They feel diminished by such a sense of respect.

You might want to read more of those essays- they are full of brilliant insights.

Edited by The_Lightning (10/04/06 03:52 PM)

#190406 - 10/04/06 12:28 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Curatio]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

In German you have tell me other things like this!

Respect is degrading.

and by saying that you have completely degraded yourself.

as they say...

you are the weakest link....goodbye!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190407 - 10/04/06 12:59 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Hello again

thank you for your kinds words and for the clarification.

You have also raised some interesting points and i do understand where your coming from (the points your trying to make).

Keen to read more challenging posts from you

HS!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190408 - 10/04/06 01:12 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: gypsy]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Indeed! It's something that is in you or it's not. I don't question WHY I am a Satanist, I just know and have always known that is what I am.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#190409 - 10/05/06 08:35 AM Yep! [Re: gypsy]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Quote:

Exactly! Disgruntled believers are made; but, a disgruntled Christian does not a Satanist make. I'm feeling deja vu, all over again.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#190410 - 10/05/06 03:14 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Horus Offline

I am satanist, because I want it, I believe in no god.
I chose Satanism cause its my nature, its ours all..
I think its nothing to do with xtians,,, I hate all religions..

Supre Ego..
HAIL SATAN

#190411 - 10/05/06 04:16 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Horus]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I hate all religions..

Satanism is a religion.

#190412 - 10/05/06 06:38 PM ZzZzzZ.... [Re: captain_howdy]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Quote:

how old were you when you first read the satanic bible?

Quote:

Subject: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians?

Maybe your "fans" will enjoy another question :" is it Satanic to do the washing-up wearing a Mr Jack jammies ?"

Edited by Assabrah (10/05/06 06:44 PM)

Page 8 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406070 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements