Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190293 - 09/27/06 03:24 PM are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians?
captain_howdy Offline

alot of satanists i've met, known or know seem to really be hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god (i.e. a man made god), i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

#190294 - 09/27/06 03:42 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
I am a Satanism because of who I am, not what I like or dislike.

I find the behaviour you describe to common amongst anyone who was raised Christion and then left to be part of another religion. Specifically those who are fresh into a new religion. I also find it more common with Wiccans than any other religion.

Sometimes they grow out of this phase. Most of the time not. Just move on and find someone who actually has something worth talking about.

Edited by tovasshi (09/27/06 03:43 PM)

#190295 - 09/27/06 03:56 PM No. [Re: captain_howdy]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
I have nothing too strongly against Christians and Christianity. They do not feature too strongly in My life, and do not affect it much. I am the thing that affects My life the most strongly.

I would love for the Christian church to have more of a clue of the meaning of "social responsibility", and pay taxes rather than leech off society, but hey.

A friend of no particular religious leaning said to Me recently that if I were to take political control, people could attempt to cause Me disfavour by showing My affiliation with, for example, the Church of Satan. "But then I suppose you'd make Satanism the official religion". I certainly would not! Any such "conversion" of the populus is impossible and pointless, as we Satanists know.

I personally am quite happy for the official state religion to be some kind of harmless breed of christianity, albeit with a few strands of responsibility added. Perhaps Protestantism (good work ethic) plus taxation of churches. Religions of the Right Hand Path, if used properly, are a good tool for keeping the masses in their place.

Read Nietzsche

#190296 - 09/27/06 04:13 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Lust Offline

Quote:

alot of satanists i've met, known or know seem to really be hung up on how much they hate christians and are resentful towards god (i.e. a man made god), i wonder how much of this hate factor plays a part in why they are a satanist?

I give this mythological god, and it's people no part of my wonderful hate. People, and Satanists who choose not to show any favor for "it", is because "it" is an asshole. Check out the essay from Satan Speaks, The God of The AssHoles.
What do you think?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#190297 - 09/27/06 04:25 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
alot of satanists i've met

How many Satanists do you suppose you have met? I personally dont hate anyone as long as they leave me the hell alone.

#190298 - 09/27/06 04:57 PM Not at all. [Re: captain_howdy]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians?

I am a Satanist (capital "S") because I was born with that inclination, read, studied and embraced Satanic philosophy and have a deep and abiding respect for reality.

Christians? Moslems? Jews? Buddhists? To quote from "Hymn of the Satanic Empire":

"We don't need them anymore."

Their views are irrelevant to living an enjoyable and fulfilling life.

#190299 - 09/27/06 05:06 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
WolfMoon Offline

Those who embrace Satanism simply because they hate Christians or God (who they claim to deny) aren't really Satanists if you ask me.

#190300 - 09/27/06 05:08 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Lillith Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
I am going to echo a few sentiments that have already been expressed. First of all, how many actual Satanists have you met? I know people who just rant on and on about how much they hate christianity, but they aren't satanists. I don't agree with the comment that people who hate christianity are typically the ones who were brought up with it. I was raised Methodist. I decided at a young age that since my mom didn't have to go to church and church was boring, I wasn't going either. I dabbled in some other christian faiths, tried some pagan stuff, and eventually read what would change my life forever.. or rather make me realize what I've been trying to hide. I think "hating" christianity is something people voice because maybe they think it's cool, or they just want to rebel. I don't hate anyone, as long as they stay out of my way. So, people that are loud about hating christians and christianity, really just need to grow up and realize that some religious group isn't the reason why their lives are screwed up - THEY are.

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell - Oscar Wilde

If the devil does not exist, and man has therefore created him, he has created him in his own image and likeness - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

The devil himself had probably redesigned Hell in the light of information he had gained from observing airport layouts - Anthony Price

"The only difference between saints and sinners is that every saint has a past while every sinner has a future." - Oscar Wilde

"Man is certainly stark mad: He cannot make a flea, yet he makes gods by the dozens." Montaigne

#190301 - 09/27/06 05:15 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
x9x Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Flanders - Europe
The Satanists you know.. are these the ones with corpse paint and black metal shirts on? Coz that group of 'pseudo' Satanists are in every city. Just asking..

An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.
|| Benjamin Franklin ||

The lack of money is the root of all evil.
|| George Bernard ||

#190302 - 09/27/06 05:15 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I am a Satanist because I was born that way.

I am resentful of people who are idiots completely without regard for color or religious "belief".

If you are a "satanist" because you hate someone or some group, you may want to re-think your lifetyle management program.

#190303 - 09/27/06 07:14 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
redheadgrl Offline

I tend to get irritated when I waste my time having a conversation or interacting with anyone who is unable to think for themselves, regardless of their religious affiliation or lack of.

#190304 - 09/27/06 08:05 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
IMMORTAL809 Offline

Loc: US
While there are christians I do indeed resent it's not for their beliefs rather their judgement of mine. I'd like to find Jesse Ventura's statement about organized religion. A home run as I remember it, but I wouldn't dare post it from memory.

Here's a funny notion for ya...while certainly there was a man whose name has been written as Christ that walked among mankind 2K years ago, what if HE was the ultimate Satanist? Ya think some of the message has been mutated by men throughout history?

#190305 - 09/27/06 09:04 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: IMMORTAL809]
Lust Offline

Quote:

while certainly there was a man whose name has been written as Christ that walked among mankind 2K years ago,

Proove It!

Quote:

what if HE was the ultimate Satanist?

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#190306 - 09/27/06 09:16 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Actually, if you listen to me a while, I tend to say more disparaging things about Muslims and Wiccans. (Though, Christians get their turn, too.)

I have numerous Christian friends and acquaintances, and I like to study Christian culture and theology (and other religions) for fun. I disagree fundamentally with the majority of the religion's tenets, but that doesn't mean I dwell on it or stew over it.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#190307 - 09/27/06 11:31 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
I don't care enough about christians or other religions
to be constantly hating and resenting them.

That is not how I want to live my life.

If they hate christianity so much, why not try and relieve themselves of that through ritual?

Assuming they actually know anything about Satanism whatsoever...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements