Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#190323 - 09/29/06 04:30 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
JonShirley Offline

Thats a good question. I myself was born a Satanist not made.I do not like a lot of Christians because of their hypocrisy,but I am a Satanist because this is who and what I truly am and always was and always will be. I am not a Satanist because of anyone else. Jon Shirley

#190324 - 09/29/06 04:51 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: JonShirley]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

Thats a good question

No it was'nt, it was one of those question's that get's brought up alot and the people who write these daft post's should be banned, after all they have no knowledge of the the Satanic philosophy, as you can see within their writting's and you should have not replied without making your introduction first.

Hail Satan!

#190325 - 09/29/06 09:57 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: tekku]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
In response to this question I will say this:

ANYONE and I do mean ANYONE that chooses a religion/mentality/lifestyle based on their anger towards another religion/mentality/lifestyle need not cross my path.

This is what I call the herd mentality. You randomly choose a belief system based on their 'anger towards something else'?

I believe that Satanists are born, not made. I am my OWN GOD. I did not choose to be the way that I am. It is who I have always been.

I cannot remember a time where I did not know that I was 'different'.

I have never chosen to agree with a religion or person, or ideal based on anger. I have never chosen to agree with ANYTHING (as I do question everything) without FACTS, evidence, proof, and understanding of the knowledge that is availiable to me.

In any event. NO is my answer. I am who I am because that is who I was born to be no matter what it is that you would label/call it.

If you find someone that will conform to the herd just because he's jaded, hurt, or angry? RUN FAR AWAY and run fast! This is not a person you want to be associated with.

I would rather choose to be associated with people who can think for themselves and be their own GOD.

I bow to the god within ME.

Eve

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#190326 - 09/29/06 11:33 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: princeofdarkness]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

... you should have not replied without making your introduction first.

And you shouldn't be policing other users.

Don't do it again.
Prevention of Virtue

#190327 - 09/29/06 11:51 AM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Yinta Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
I am what I am.
Nothing more and nothing less.

Satanism is just a label the herd has put on me.

I thank the COS that they are. It gives me a chance to understand better what I am.

Yinta

#190328 - 09/29/06 12:03 PM Re: Much More [Re: Yinta]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Satanism is just a label the herd has put on me.
Nothing more and nothing less. <<

Actually, it's much, much more than that.

You are way off the mark with that statement.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#190329 - 09/29/06 12:12 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Magnus Offline

Loc: South America
The only thing I resent from christians is their hierarchy and the way they influence on politics, especially in my country. I hate it when the "Cardinal" talks to the media about birth control politics and Free Trade Agreements, I sincerely say that I fucking hate that. They should go to their temple and preach their non-sense to those who need it, and never leave that place!!
They fuck people´s minds by teaching religion in school, they print "GUILT" all over their foreheads!

#190330 - 09/29/06 01:43 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Eve...
im not sure what relevence my answer has to this question that your responding on my post, whilst answering the question of the thread starter...

however i did find your response interesting and whilst there are a few points on which i agree with and disagree with, i am curious to what your thoughts are to this little grey area.

You say that anyone who enters a religion based on anger etc etc should not cross your path.

Whilst most people realise straight away that they are born a Satanist, there are some people, who do not, and through certain events and anger choose to rebel and as is true to the semantic meaning of Satan, they fly to the adversary...
at the forefront they see "pop culture poster pseudo-Satanists" to use as an example for illustrative purposes, death metal bands and the like. Those are the rebelious fucktards that we as Satanists shun..

but going a little further...

what about those individuals, who go past that idiotic facade and once their anger subsides, they actually pick up a copy of the Satanic bible and read and resonate and realise, that they were a Satanists all along...and had it not been for their rebellious streak or anger, they would not have figured out who and what they truelly are..

Whilst what i have said is purely for illustrative purposes, what i am trying to say in effect is, some people realise early on that they are different and have that freedom of clarity to pursue it until they find their answer, while other people for some reason or another may spend their entire lives walking with thier eyes wide shut, until they realise.or something makes them realise.

We have all had our series of events in our lives that have made us pick up a copy of the Satanic Bible in the first place and realise who and what we are, just the road we took to get here was different.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190331 - 09/29/06 02:22 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: captain_howdy]
Lazarus Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
Personally, because I grew up in a christian home I can see why this may become an issue for some. It would seem to me that those who feel this way are missing out on something in a way.

I personally hold no resentment at all towards the idea of God, heaven, or even christians for that matter. The reason being is simple. It just not real. It's not really there. I have found these teachings to be fake, and a mere plot for world domination by certain political and ethnic orders. Now my point is this: If in my opinion something does not exist, then how can it have any affect on me emotionally whatsoever? How can I take any sort of adverse view on it if it holds no bearing on me at all? In short, how can I hate something that's just simply not there? By me dedicating any sort of emotion to it whatsoever, I've already indulged my mind to it's false reality. In essence, I've performed Sorcery on myself.

In addition, as much as I LOVE the music of Slayer, this is something I've never understood about them. They openly claim to believe in neither god nor devil, which I agree. Why then do they choose to use almost 100% of their lyrical talent constantly slamming him? Or his church? Or even the belief in him for that matter? Why does hating the notion of his existence seem to be their primary theme? I'll tell you why. Because it's not the notion of his existance they hate...it's the fact that he doesn't exist at all that troubles them. How they obviously wish they didn't have to "keep their Bible in a pool of blood, so that none of it's lies can affect them." How they long to lean on "the Solid Rock", yet fall flat on their faces each time they try, thus the hatred. Some consider them to be a Satanic band...I see nothing Satanic in them whatsoever. Or is it me that's missing "The Satanic Point"?

So now I turn the question around. Suppose for a moment that you do not believe that aliens exist. Do you therefore feel a need to resent them? If you do, then you've alredy accepted their existence in your mind whether you realize or not. It's the same with God, Christianity, Buddism, Islam, Taoism, or whatever. Maybe it's time for some to re-examine their belief system.

I know this post may cause some controversy, and I look forward to your replies...c'mon...let me have it!!!

#190332 - 09/29/06 02:36 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Lazarus]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

So now I turn the question around. Suppose for a moment that you do not believe that aliens exist. Do you therefore feel a need to resent them? If you do, then you've alredy accepted their existence in your mind whether you realize or not..

I think that is a very fine example

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#190333 - 09/29/06 03:10 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Lazarus]
Lust Offline

Quote:

In addition, as much as I LOVE the music of Slayer, this is something I've never understood about them. They openly claim to believe in neither god nor devil, which I agree. Why then do they choose to use almost 100% of their lyrical talent constantly slamming him? Or his church? Or even the belief in him for that matter?

Personally, I see Slayer as a cash generating machine. Slayer makes a ton of cash because they are Slayer, and they do what is expected so the cash keeps rolling in. It might surprise you, but Tom Araya is a Christian, Catholic, if I am not mistaken.

Click here

From the interview with Tom Araya.

Westword: What's the biggest misconception people have about Slayer?

Tom Araya: The obvious one: the Satan stuff. I'm not here to fault anybody. And I hate to say this, but Christ came and taught us about love. About doing unto others. That was his preach: Accept each other for who we are. Live peacefully, and love one another. Period.

Westword: Do you believe in God?

Tom Araya: I believe in a supreme being, yeah. But He's an all-loving God.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#190334 - 09/29/06 03:26 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
Assabrah Offline
CoS Warlock

Why such questions ?

> christianity : the veil blindfolding your eyes .

> Satanism : your eyes opened wide.

This is a choice, there is no WAR.

#190335 - 09/29/06 03:47 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians? [Re: Lust]
Lazarus Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
Partially true, but Tom stated long ago that he used to be a catholic, yet no longer attends. I do however agree with your point on their marketing strategy. Perhaps it's the beliefs of others that they're capitalizing on and not their own. An outstanding point there. Either way, I still dig them!

#190336 - 09/29/06 04:30 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: captain_howdy]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
My primary thought was:

It is a rhetorical question, with a rhetorical answer.
A square you’re supposed to step in properly. And will. Of course.

I suppose I hate its underlying meaning, independently from what people believe their beliefs are. Rhetorical questions sometimes remind me of how important indicative language is for nearly everyone. And how little important it is to me.
I definitely dislike the symptoms, the need for creed and the use of accessory jargon, rather than the creeds. That tiny little moment of void when you hear that neat standard question or neat standard answer and realize you have once again bumped into the evidence people may hold on to opposite creeds/philosophies/ideas and still be the same.

My utmost achievement would be ”writing satanic” without even have to reach close any of its indicative “words”. Totally eradicate its clichés.

I have the feeling repeated use of standard words really dissolves the magic in them. Like that tune you're so very found of, you play over and over again until it turns into a cliché.

october1560.
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#190337 - 09/29/06 04:39 PM Re: are you a satanist because you're resentful towards christians [Re: tovasshi]
Mordrath Offline

Loc: Grand Rapids, MI
I'm a Satanist because I am. Not because of my irritance with other faiths. They may be weak, mindless sheep but they are still entitled to their opinions and their own beliefs.

I have a few very Christian friends who I very much enjoy because they give me different perspectives to look at things in.
"If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic." "Wisdom can be found in many places, you just have to keep your mouth shut and your eyes and ears open. The human brain can not speak and -listen- at the same time."

Page 3 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43875 Topics
405557 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements