Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#192203 - 10/04/06 08:21 PM Killing My Own Conscience
Broken_Scale Offline

Many of you who used to be practicing Christians, Muslims, Jews (for lack of a better term coming to mind right away), or even Wikkans have had to deal with the guilt forcefully brainwashed into you.
There is a Christian belief that an Aethiest never stays an Aetheist once he/she is put in an extreme situation of mental pressure. Eventually the weak minded crack, and I am sure the same goes for some Satanists who were not ready to accept a new system of beliefs.
I know I am not ready to accept many things, and that I need to be to move on with my life. So I will ask the question that I came here to ask, how do I kill my own conscience? How do I kill an external God that judges me on not only my actions and words but even my thoughts?
I have grown up going to Catholic school, going to a Catholic church, and even have been forced to be an altar boy when I was in grade school. Somewhere along the line I realized that Christianity was taking me nowhere and that I was wasting my time. However, the fear of God still sticks. It is like the boogie man, many children were told of, so that they would behave, and now they are screwed up people as adults. I still check over my shoulder to see if God is watching, and it scares me. So now I ask for guidance. from the men and women who obviously gave up their own beliefs in search for the truth.

#192204 - 10/04/06 08:37 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Look up at the sky and flip God the bird. When you are not struck dead, you will know that you have nothing to fear. I'm not kidding.

#192205 - 10/04/06 08:43 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
go and see a psychiatrist maybe?

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#192206 - 10/04/06 08:54 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Over the years we have all acquired habits of thought that we no longer find useful. Sometimes these are so ingrained that we refer to them as 'buttons'.

It's a lot of determined work, but the buttons can be disconnected.

The manual for doing so can be found here.

#192207 - 10/04/06 09:13 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

an Aethiest never stays an Aetheist once he/she is put in an extreme situation of mental pressure

Joe Simpson sure didn't. See the movie/documentary Touching the Void to see exactly what I mean.

#192208 - 10/04/06 09:19 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Your name is fitting.

If Jehovah isn't real, then what does it matter?

All sins lead to gratification.

Go do something stimulating.

Blaspheme. Sin.

Along the way you may find that you start to enjoy life.

You can't kill your concience. You alter it to accept a new set of rules.

If you do not have the willpower to shed that old set of rules...

You will find that you are very much in the wrong place, amidst hostile company.

Edited by Felstorm (10/04/06 09:21 PM)

#192209 - 10/04/06 09:23 PM haha [Re: Broken_Scale]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Are you afraid of Santa Claus too? How about the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny?

Thats what your fear of skydaddy amounts to.

Edited by Klockwerk_Black (10/04/06 09:25 PM)

#192210 - 10/04/06 10:10 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

What do you think the Black Mass is for?

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#192211 - 10/04/06 10:29 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Maya]
Reclusix Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Look up at the sky and flip God the bird. When you are not struck dead, you will know that you have nothing to fear. I'm not kidding.

I did this years ago as a teen. To intensify the effect, while flipping the bird say aloud "You cannot strike me down, for you do not exist!" I am still here.

#192212 - 10/04/06 10:31 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Laren Offline

Loc: Australia
If it's so easy to 'take the plunge' and have faith in something that clearly doesn't exist, how hard can it be to 'take the plunge' and shatter the fairytale once and for all?

You need to face your irrational fear.

Mock it, spit in it's face and see it for what it really is.

Only then shall you be free to live as you see fit.

#192213 - 10/04/06 11:51 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
There is only one god in your life..you!

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#192214 - 10/05/06 12:04 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Wikkans

They worship Wikipedia?

how do I kill my own conscience? How do I kill an external God that judges me on not only my actions and words but even my thoughts?

You might try a Black Mass, wherein you blaspheme god and destroy him.

You might try reading literature on various other religions, and reading texts by atheists and skeptics. I find that learning about different faiths levels the spiritual playing field, especially when atheist texts are added into the mix.

Then, in conversation, in Internet debates, and/or just in written essays only to yourself, argue for those points of view, and against the Christian beliefs that are currently pestering you. Psychological studies have found that beliefs are most quickly extinguished when one has to argue against them.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#192215 - 10/05/06 12:06 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Many of you who used to be practicing Christians, Muslims, Jews (for lack of a better term coming to mind right away), or even Wikkans have had to deal with the guilt forcefully brainwashed into you.

When I was little, I was forced to go to Christian Science church with my grandparents. The only thing I liked about it was the awesome Chinese restaurant they took me to afterwards.

After they passed on, my mother forced me to attend her Baptist/Apostolic church and eventually had me baptized. Although I had to fake my "holy ghost" so I could get the damn thing over with.

I'm not really guilty of it per se. Skepticism saved me from that.

HS!

#192216 - 10/05/06 12:55 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Use rational thought to reach coherent conclusions. Use logic -- not faith.

It is quite simple.

#192217 - 10/05/06 01:15 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Asmedious Offline

As some have said here, how can you fear something that does not exist. One poster said to use rational thought. That's good advice. While you still believe that God, God's, or the Boogie Man, exists, you cannot turn your back on them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406143 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements