Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#192218 - 10/05/06 02:16 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.

"I am sure the same goes for some Satanists who were not ready to accept a new system of beliefs."

"How do I kill an external God that judges me on not only my actions and words but even my thoughts?"

"how do I kill my own conscience?"

"still check over my shoulder to see if God is watching, and it scares me. So now I ask for guidance."

First, if you are actually serious, your perspective is way, way skewed. Unless you figure out how to manage these misperceptions, there's a good chance you'll be stuck in one place.

#192219 - 10/05/06 02:35 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Horus Offline

well, its simple, God is a lie, this is the truth, burn it, spit on it, even worship it if you want.. just Believe it with your whole existence, after all you are your own God (if you want it so) btw you dont need to kill your Conscience, you need to Kill the Lie.

#192220 - 10/05/06 03:01 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: TrojZyr]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Wikkans

They worship Wikipedia?

how do I kill my own conscience? How do I kill an external God that judges me on not only my actions and words but even my thoughts?

You might try a Black Mass, wherein you blaspheme god and destroy him.

You might try reading literature on various other religions, and reading texts by atheists and skeptics. I find that learning about different faiths levels the spiritual playing field, especially when atheist texts are added into the mix.

Then, in conversation, in Internet debates, and/or just in written essays only to yourself, argue for those points of view, and against the Christian beliefs that are currently pestering you. Psychological studies have found that beliefs are most quickly extinguished when one has to argue against them.

Very sound advice. In the scientific community we test and challenge ideals, theories, etc.

And as noted a good way to face your fear is to know as much as you can about other religions and put them to the test. What facts do you have that 'god' exist? Have you audibly heard his voice? Do you have visions of him on a taco shell?

People go at great lengths to prove he exist and to this very day there is not ONE ounce of evidence to support that claim. What does that tell you?

I especially liked the verse in the 'Bible' where the Roman soldiers said "If you are the son of God, come down off the cross" (something of that nature) and yet, Jesus would not. He had every oppurtunity to prove that he was but.....oh yeah, if he did everyone would be damned and go to hell. What kind of a line of BS is that? So many things contradict themselves in that book and if you are too blind to see it I suggest you read it again.

YOU however are a living breathing being. YOU KNOW this for a fact. So who's the real god? Logic would tell me it is the human animal because you are the one that is controlling your actions, your destiny, your way of life.

Why would you allow something you can't prove exist lead you down a path? That to me is illogical and not rational in any sense.
Another favorite quote of mine comes from Anton LaVey himself because it is so true that it is comical:

"Satan is the best friend the church ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years".

Isn't that the truth?

Without Satan, your church, your whole belief system would fall apart. You can't easily lead someone without giving them a fear of something. A fear of loss, a fear of 'anything'. You need an evil villian to fight against, thus Satan has become the scapegoat. The whole good vs/evil. So I ask you, if Satan were removed from that book of yours that you seem to cling to, would you still believe in this 'god' of yours?

If you do not question everything, you'll fall for anything.

Read, learn, educate yourself and draw your own conclusions. No one here can help you get rid of your 'boogy man'. Sometimes you just have to grow up and think for yourself, (that is unless you like being much like your name suggest) a lamb led to the slaughter house being controlled by fear.

#192221 - 10/05/06 03:16 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I understand where you come from having been raised in a very strict christian environment myself. All can I tell you is don't expect it to happen all in one go. It's a process you have to go through. You have been thoroughly brainwashed and you need to clear all of that out.

Confront your fears and ask yourself if they are rational. The fact that you compare the fear of god to the boogie man means you already know it's ridiculous but the feeling is still there and feelings take a little more time.
People have different methods to free themselves of it and you'll have to simply find out what works best for you. people have put forward some very good ideas in this thread.
With me personally it was simply confronting my fears. Doing everything that god forbid and asking him (this sounds so silly now I look back at it, but I actually did this) to give me a sign. Surely somebody as devout as I was would receive a sign if I strayed from his path?
I'm still waiting for that sign. Ever since I did the 'forbidden' things my life has improved a thousandfold and I am free.
When you get there you'll see life is no longer a burden but something to be treasured.

#192222 - 10/05/06 03:26 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Loc: CA
"Sheep?"

#192223 - 10/05/06 05:29 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: TrojZyr]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>>>Wikkans
>>
>>They worship Wikipedia?

Ah, so there's finally a name for those people! Sure seem to be a lot of them too. As for "Aethiest", I guess that describes something that contains the most aether.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#192224 - 10/05/06 07:46 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Lust Offline

Do some research, man has always created his own gods, rather his gods created him. So by proxy it is man that you fear not god. Read or re-read The Satanic Bible, take a good look in the mirror, and the god you save just might be yourself.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#192225 - 10/05/06 01:18 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Philosophy may help. Read Spinoza, Feuerbach, Nietzsche.

#192226 - 10/05/06 01:48 PM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Ixmucane Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I am sure the same goes for some Satanists who were not ready to accept a new system of beliefs.

From this sentence I understand that you believe that Satanists are somehow converted. When I found Satanism as a religion, a system of beliefs if you want, I was not converted into it but rather I identified with it. I found that the way I had been living my life since a very early age was that of a Satanist, I had just never called it that.

From the way you express yourself, I have a gut feeling that you plain and simply are not a Satanist and I doubt that there is anything any of us can do in order to help you to convert. It just doesn't work that way.
One piece of advice I can give you is to see a mental health professional, they can help you figure out all these feelings of guilt. You need to figure out what god represents to you and why you are so fearful of betraying him. He may very well represent an authority figure (a real live person from your childhood) that you do not wish to disappoint.

HS!

#192227 - 10/05/06 07:31 PM Re: haha [Re: Nidhogg]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

Thats what your fear of skydaddy amounts to.

skydaddy-that is terrific!

#192228 - 10/06/06 12:17 AM Re: Killing My Own Conscience [Re: Broken_Scale]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Posting under the name "Sheep" in a Satanic forum makes me question whether you're even salvageable. That's pretty stupid.

The root of what you're looking for will be found by growing the balls to read what you've been told not to, and interpret it without crutches. If you can do this, you might find your priorities changing from institutional to individual--or not.

How did the Satanic Bible strike you?

#192229 - 10/06/06 12:31 AM I am a Wikkan [Re: TrojZyr]
Quiddity Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Wikkans

They worship Wikipedia?

TrojZyr, you get massive coolpoints. That was a legendary retort.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406355 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements