Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#192826 - 10/08/06 09:16 AM Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous?
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I was just watching CNN Headline news and the 'big story' at this moment is that they just burried the man who shot and killed those little girls in the Amish school.

A little bit more information:

MANY of the Amish people in the community have attended HIS funeral as a show of forgiveness.

Forgiveness? Show me your other cheek and I'll bash that one as well.

As someone who has lost her only child (also due to violence)I cannot comprehend any shred of forgiveness. I have not forgiven nor have I forgotton.

I think these people are insane and the fact the CNN is giving them credence for their forgiving hearts by headlining this story makes me ill.

I don't even believe the man deserved a proper funeral. They should have thrown his body over a bridge in a Hefty bag weighted down with bricks.

I will never understand this turn the other cheek mentality. When I am hurt I will retaliate.

I do honestly try to understand what motivates people in their thought process, but this is something I cannot relate to nor understand.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#192827 - 10/08/06 09:33 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Quote:

the fact the CNN is giving them credence for their forgiving hearts by headlining this story makes me ill.

I agree with you there, the fact that they forgive him is disrespectful to their children and should not be credited at all. This kind of mentality sickens me.

#192828 - 10/08/06 09:36 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
You have to understand that Amish is their religion, way of life, and society. They are Evangelicals. They are a cult. They are ignorant.

They believe science and technology is evil, the work of the devil and meant to move them away from God. All they live to do is to please God.

I am somwhat confused as to why anyone would be shocked by this. They are the Amish. And it is CNN.

CNN will air anything that shows people being good Christians.

#192829 - 10/08/06 10:02 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: tovasshi]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You have to understand that Amish is their religion, way of life, and society. They are Evangelicals. They are a cult. They are ignorant.

They believe science and technology is evil, the work of the devil and meant to move them away from God. All they live to do is to please God.

I am somwhat confused as to why anyone would be shocked by this. They are the Amish. And it is CNN.

CNN will air anything that shows people being good Christians.

I'll agree they are a cult. I'll agree that they are mislead and on the same token I will agree that like every other Xtian they contradict themselves. Rules are changed based on the given situation at the time. I don't believe that they are 'against' technology. They may state this and it seems quite apparent when they are in a horse drawn buggy instead of that of Dodge sedan. However, they use many of the things we use including our electricity (they do venture away from their farms) our pay phones, yes this is okay as it's not in the home etc. They sell quilts to evil modern 'sinners' and this somehow is okay. To make a profit off of the very people they condem. I suppose, now thinking more clearly that it is no surprise that they would do something such as attending a psychopaths funeral. NUT JOBS.

Yes, it is CNN but that doesn't make it right but that doesn't mean I can't be pissed off about it. There are far more important topics to report to the public. Time to kill my TV.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#192830 - 10/08/06 10:09 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tovasshi Offline

You have every right to be pissed off. I would more than likely be right royalling miffed if I were in your situation as wel. The Amish, have every right to be fucked up enough to forgive the guy. At least the Amish is somewhat isolated.

And CNN... well... they just make me happier that I don't have a TV.

#192831 - 10/08/06 10:14 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: tovasshi]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

You have every right to be pissed off. I would more than likely be right royalling miffed if I were in your situation as wel. The Amish, have every right to be fucked up enough to forgive the guy. At least the Amish is somewhat isolated.

And CNN... well... they just make me happier that I don't have a TV.

Agreed.

As far as isolation is concerned, I feel they should be even MORE isolated. Jim Jones.....remember him? I feel they should all move to some deserted isle and drink Kool-Aid. This would be a sure positive way for them to 'remove' themselves from modern society.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#192832 - 10/08/06 10:17 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
tovasshi Offline

Agreed.

#192833 - 10/08/06 10:43 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Fifi_la_Bonne Offline

Cos Priestess

Loc: Blighty
I don't find it ridiculous.

I see it as a ritual that the Amish are following to cope with a horrible, tragic situation.

I found it interesting to read that they are including the wife and children of the murderer in their rituals. It must be a terrible position for that family as well.

Attempting to find any sort of relief in such awful circumstances is understandable.

I don't generally read or listen to the news. It is full of sad stories every day.

#192834 - 10/08/06 11:00 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Lust Offline

Quote:

Aug. 24, 2006
Essex, Vt. Christopher Williams, 27, looking for his ex-girlfriend at Essex Elementary School, shot two teachers, killing one and wounding another. Before going to the school, he had killed the ex-girlfriend's mother.

Sept. 13, 2006
Montreal, Canada Kimveer Gill, 25, opened fire with a semiautomatic weapon at Dawson College. Anastasia De Sousa, 18, died and more than a dozen students and faculty were wounded before Gill killed himself.

Sept. 26, 2006
Bailey, Colo. Adult male held six students hostage at Platte Canyon High School and then shot and killed Emily Keyes, 16, and himself.

Sept. 29, 2006
Cazenovia, Wis. A 15-year-old student shot and killed Weston School principal John Klang.

Oct. 3, 2006
Nickel Mines, Pa. 32-year-old Carl Charles Roberts IV entered the one-room West Nickel Mines Amish School and shot 10 schoolgirls, ranging in age from 6 to 13 years old, and then himself. Five of the girls and Roberts died.

I think your outrage is warranted, but do keep in mind that the people who commit these crimes are people with no futures, and they see their actions as a way of feeling important in the eyes of the world.
Next thing you know the gunman is a household name, and every media channel in the world is setting the next looser up to be a star.
I can see this going on for a long time to come.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#192835 - 10/08/06 11:03 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
I just feel sorry for the poor bloke, to get burried with those looney tunes at his funeral.

Hail Satan!

#192836 - 10/08/06 11:11 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Lust]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

Aug. 24, 2006
Essex, Vt. Christopher Williams, 27, looking for his ex-girlfriend at Essex Elementary School, shot two teachers, killing one and wounding another. Before going to the school, he had killed the ex-girlfriend's mother.

Sept. 13, 2006
Montreal, Canada Kimveer Gill, 25, opened fire with a semiautomatic weapon at Dawson College. Anastasia De Sousa, 18, died and more than a dozen students and faculty were wounded before Gill killed himself.

Sept. 26, 2006
Bailey, Colo. Adult male held six students hostage at Platte Canyon High School and then shot and killed Emily Keyes, 16, and himself.

Sept. 29, 2006
Cazenovia, Wis. A 15-year-old student shot and killed Weston School principal John Klang.

Oct. 3, 2006
Nickel Mines, Pa. 32-year-old Carl Charles Roberts IV entered the one-room West Nickel Mines Amish School and shot 10 schoolgirls, ranging in age from 6 to 13 years old, and then himself. Five of the girls and Roberts died.

I think your outrage is warranted, but do keep in mind that the people who commit these crimes are people with no futures, and they see their actions as a way of feeling important in the eyes of the world.
Next thing you know the gunman is a household name, and every media channel in the world is setting the next looser up to be a star.
I can see this going on for a long time to come.

Of course I know about these past incidents. The difference between those prior to the October 3'rd Amish shooting is that these people attended the bastards funeral with flowers and forgiveness in their 'hearts'.

This is what angers me the most and complexes me at the same time.

How can you be so misguided that you would do such a thing? I know there are sheep. We meet sheeple on a daily basis. I know there are mentally ill individuals out there, but at what point do you label someone 'mentally ill' or psychotic?

I feel they are no different from the man who killed their own children. VERY DISTURBED and are in need of a padded cell and straight jacket....

Anyone willing to turn the other cheek and attend the funeral of a man that planned (alleged) to sexually molest small children (KY Jelly) and then kill them because his baby died needs to be put out of thier misery as well. I would find it to be a public service.

Pish posh. Where are my cans of gas?

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#192837 - 10/08/06 11:37 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Fifi_la_Bonne Offline

Cos Priestess

Loc: Blighty
Quote:

but at what point do you label someone 'mentally ill' or psychotic?

Magister Nemo has a rule of thumb which I find useful:

All humans should be considered psychotic until proven otherwise.

#192838 - 10/08/06 11:50 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Fifi_la_Bonne]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

but at what point do you label someone 'mentally ill' or psychotic?

Magister Nemo has a rule of thumb which I find useful:

All humans should be considered psychotic until proven otherwise.

I like that. Thank you for sharing it with me.

Brilliant!

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#192839 - 10/08/06 11:53 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Lust Offline

"How can you be so misguided that you would do such a thing?"

What makes you think that I am misguided? I only offered you an opinion as to why these lunatics are doing what they do. I can only think that you are not interested in that perspective.

As for the Amish attending and forgiving. This is what they do, and is what they have been doing for a very long time. The Amish are simply doing what is being expected of them, if they were not then they would find themselves at the ridicule in the eyes of the world, and labeled as hypocrites.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#192840 - 10/08/06 11:54 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Insanity: hanging from the rear spoiler wing of a Charger Daytona.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406362 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements