Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#192856 - 10/08/06 04:28 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: TheAbysmal]
TheAbysmal Offline

Yep... turns out there is quite a lot of information available on this. A quick Google turns up many results.

Refuse to die.

#192857 - 10/08/06 04:40 PM Re: The Devils Playground [Re: TrojZyr]
redheadgrl Offline

It is fascinating, I read it was mostly fabricated because the Amish wouldn't allow themselves to be documented. I can understand this, as the documented Amish would most likely become the representation for the Amish at large----and others would take the liberty to generalize them.

The basic tenants still stand and the young people interviewed (the ones who disassociated themselves from the Amish) spoke with great candor.

#192858 - 10/08/06 05:54 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: TheAbysmal]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
The following anti-soldier flag waving was in reference to Westboro Baptist, not the Amish.

"...the Fred Phelps “church” out of Topeka, KS is targeting the funerals of these Amish girls to protest and promote their hate-filled anti-gay propaganda. The church, which claims about 70 members, believes that the 9/11 attacks, the deaths of U.S. troops in war and Hurricane Katrina are manifestations of God’s punishment for a country that does not outlaw homosexuality. They wave banners and signs like, “Thank God for dead soldiers”."

These pieces of shit were planning to protest at the funerals of the Amish girls.

#192859 - 10/08/06 06:00 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: TheAbysmal]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

Yep... turns out there is quite a lot of information available on this. A quick Google turns up many results.

Yes, and the information available says nothing about the Amish praying for soldiers' deaths. As Tiberia says, it's a very different religious group, with the idea of using the Amish incident as a publicity thing. And it worked... Google brings up news pages relating to them due to the presence of the word "Amish" in the articles.

Read carefully before spreading rumours

#192860 - 10/08/06 06:17 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: Linguascelesta]
Tiberia Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Here is a video that shows the insanity behind the WBC.

Phelps whacko

And to think our soldiers fight for her right to say that.

#192861 - 10/08/06 06:20 PM Total Environment, anyone? [Re: Fifi_la_Bonne]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:

I don't find it ridiculous.

I see it as a ritual that the Amish are following to cope with a horrible, tragic situation.

Totally agreed.

While none of us Satanists can understand the nature of their forgiveness I am shocked that so many of the posters on this thread don't admire the fact that the Amish have done precisely what we want! They have created a complete total environment replete with a shared philosophy and aesthetic. They do not proselytize, and they mind their own business. We could all wish to have neighbors like that.

I am equally disappointed to hear the word "cult" thrown around with no regard for the implication or definition!

In no way do the Amish qualify as a cult. They are not a first generation religion where members have literal contact with a charismatic founder (ie. the Branch Davidians, or Jim Jones.) They do not proselytize. They do not tithe, other than community projects. Furthermore the minute you call someone a "cultist" you are excusing their personal behaviour, and laying blame on thought rather than deed.

Be disgusted that their method of coping involves forgiveness---I don't and couldn't get it either, but some folks find our coping mechanisms a bit outre' as well.

As for making claims that these people prayed for the death of anyone, without checking it out first, is a crime of stupidity and a failure to emphasize doubt. That is how the Satanic Panic started. Be better than that.

And for princeofdarkness calling a child murderer a poor bloke I just want to say that no Satanist would be impressed with such forced and absurd antisocial statements. Our religion proudly prohibits crimes against children, and those who metaphorically stand by the coward who perpetrated this act, should do so literally and take the same way out.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#192862 - 10/08/06 07:05 PM Some Things Just Have to be Said. [Re: princeofdarkness]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

I just feel sorry for the poor bloke, to get burried with those looney tunes at his funeral.

Hail Satan!

I usually try to maintain a certain level of decorum in dealing with others in an online environment, but your words fill me with contempt.

Only an idiot would utter something so inane.
You are way out of line with Satanic-- nay,
reasoned thought(of any variety).

There is enough stupidity in the world already.
Go do something productive, like die.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#192863 - 10/08/06 07:42 PM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

If my daughter had been killed, yes I would have attended the killer's funeral.

But only so I could piss on his grave.

#192864 - 10/08/06 08:06 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: Tiberia]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

These pieces of shit were planning to protest at the funerals of the Amish girls.

Amazing, and then again, not so amazing.

I am often asked why I have such contempt for 99% of the general population, my answer is that I don't trust people. I know them too well.

Once again, where are my cans of gas?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#192865 - 10/08/06 09:48 PM Re: Total Environment, anyone? [Re: Ygraine]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

I am equally disappointed to hear the word "cult" thrown around with no regard for the implication or definition!

In no way do the Amish qualify as a cult. They are not a first generation religion where members have literal contact with a charismatic founder (ie. the Branch Davidians, or Jim Jones.) They do not proselytize. They do not tithe, other than community projects.

As someone who used that word for them just a few posts ago (even if in a tongue-in-cheek manner), I feel I should speak up. You're of course correct that the Amish don't fit the literal definition, but now that I think about it, I think the word does apply in at least some respects.

As you (and I) mentioned, they do not proselytize (except for their own children), and that's a major factor setting them apart from the commonly-agreed upon cults, I agree. But there's also some seriously twisted groupthink going on in there. Individuality and self-expression are strongly suppressed. Apostates are shunned, sometimes to the point of holding complete funerals for anyone who leaves the faith, as they are now "dead". The comings and goings of everyday people are strongly restricted by the Bishops (cars were forbidden precisely because they allowed people to roam a bit too far afield).

And if contact with the founder is required, then Scientology hasn't qualified for twenty years.

But I do take your point: lumping the Amish under the word "cult" along with the People's Temple class of group is just plain inaccurate, and after giving the matter some thought, I agree I spoke too freely in using the word. But in avoiding the term, it's important not to be blinded to their bad side.

-Chess

#192866 - 10/08/06 09:56 PM Re: Total Environment, anyone? [Re: Ygraine]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Indeed, Priestess. I have far more respect and admiration for the Amish than I do for the "moderate" Christians who wander about society like drooling dregs. The Amish both take their religion seriously, which if you're going to swallow bullshit, then drink up!, as well as creating an amazing time warp of existence.

#192867 - 10/08/06 10:16 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: Tiberia]
Sideshowtuper Offline

CoS Member

Loc: NY, USA
Meeting as many Amish as I have, I would never believe they would pray for somebody to die. They don't have an active intrest in the outside world. Their only concern for outsiders is if they can borrow equipment from you (and they often give you a few pies or loaves of bread for the favor) or sell you baked goods.

The topics they discuss are more along the lines of agriculture.

Sideshow Tuper on Undercroft

13 Moons Occult Supplies

#192868 - 10/08/06 11:01 PM Re: Praying for their deaths? [Re: Sideshowtuper]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Meeting as many Amish as I have, I would never believe they would pray for somebody to die. They don't have an active intrest in the outside world. Their only concern for outsiders is if they can borrow equipment from you (and they often give you a few pies or loaves of bread for the favor) or sell you baked goods.

The topics they discuss are more along the lines of agriculture.

I too have met many Amish people in both PA, and in IN. Plain common folk who really don't bother anyone. I have no problem with this, I do have a problem with their philosophy on not only life but that of death and 'forgiveness'. I see the Amish people much as I see other herd mentality religious groups. No, the Amish don't talk to 'god' on two way radios but to me they are no different than those that do.

While I will agree with you on that matter that they mostly talk of agriculture etc.it really has no bearing on the original topic at hand which happens to be 'them not praying for death' but FORGIVING and attending the very bastards funeral that shot and killed young school girls execution style. It has not yet been determined if he sexually molested any of them at this point, but suffice to say I believe it went down as the media says:

He was planning it, and then the cops showed up. He got antsy and started firing then turning the gun on himself. COWARD that he was.

I don't believe in the Amish peoples 'god' but those kids did not deserve what happened to them and nor do they deserve their ignorant parents and fellow community members to attend the funeral of their killer. If someone kills me? I want my loved ones to be SCORTCHED EARTH mad about it. I don't want them attending my killers funeral as a show of love and forgiveness. LOVE is out the door here. Forgiveness has lost it's ferver at this point.

They may be good farmers, but they are mentally ill individuals.

HORRIBLE and I cannot excuse this yellow bellied behavior.

They do have pitch forks no? I'd stab his dead corpse and use his mouth for a urinal. At this point 'this supposed god that they worship' would be erased and removed.

In that worthless book of theirs is this quote:

"vengeance is mine saith the lord".

When I'm viewing my dead child in a coffin killed by a fruit cake? (and I have personally done this with my own child) VENGEANCE becomes a show of my own. It's all mine baby! I don't need a god at this point. I need a gun or a blunt object. I am very, VERY lucky not to be in prison myself, because I will agree with one thing in that fairy tale book of theirs.....

EYE FOR AN EYE, TOOTH for a TOOTH (and this is my own add, corpse for a corpse).

Give me that other cheek...

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#192869 - 10/09/06 01:47 AM Stupid, you don't know the meaning of the word!! [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

There is enough stupidity in the world already.
Go do something productive, like die.

Fuck you ass hole, just because you are a CoS member does not make you any better than me, your just a guy with a label and obviously there is no freedom of speech within Satanism and when you do speak your mind you are told you are "stupid", no your stupid for not allowing my right of freedom of speech.

If your not careful Satanism will end up like Islam, riots when someone says something stupid, have you ever thought that my comments are probably what most were thinking? no because you are stupid.

I may as well add this little bit because I might get banned anyways, the subject of magic is a interesting as watching paint dry, I mean come on Satanists don't believe in a god but why magic? Magic leads to false hope, because that is exactly what it is, hey mum I put a curse on that guy you don't like, he is going to die very soon don't you worry, a couple of years past, nothing, but eventually he dies at the age of 89, hey my cursed worked mum, lets get back to reality shall we.

Hail me!
Hail free speech! (if it exists)

#192870 - 10/09/06 01:52 AM Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: princeofdarkness]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
So many counts of stupidity for you in one thread, as I see it.

Quote:

Hail me!
Hail free speech! (if it exists)

It exists.
However, so does the "ignore user" button.

*Linguascelesta uses it*

Hail freedom of choice!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405808 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements