Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#192871 - 10/09/06 01:55 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: Linguascelesta]
UmbraeNoctem Offline
Banned

Loc: Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA
I'm a fan of another button at the bottom of a post.

Alien Elite.
Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#192872 - 10/09/06 01:58 AM Re: Total Environment, anyone? [Re: Ygraine]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Thank you, Priestess.

The Amish may be odd, but I prefer them to many other types of aggressive and hypocritical religionists. Really, I bear them no ill will.

And, I am tired of the word "cult" being used so loosely all the time. The CoS has been called a cult. The Catholic Church has been called a cult. The Mormon Church has been called a cult. The Jehovah Witnesses have been called a cult. The Boy Scouts have been called a cult. (Not by anyone here, obviously.) It gets to the point where the word "cult" no longer has real or clear meaning. A religion or ideology can be unusual, incomprehensible, or strange without being a cult, and can even have quasi-cult-like or seemingly cult-like elements (meaning, elements of strong control or manipulation, I suppose) without being a full-blown cult. Most of the time, people would be a lot better off just keeping it simple, and saying, "I think X ideology is strange, and I don't agree with it."

(And mostly, I'm ranting about an idiot acquaintance who, a few days ago, announced that the Catholic Church was a cult. I absolutely wanted to deck him.)

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#192873 - 10/09/06 02:03 AM Judging according to merit. [Re: TrojZyr]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

The Amish may be odd, but I prefer them to many other types of aggressive and hypocritical religionists. Really, I bear them no ill will.

And, on a much lighter note than most of this heavy thread, they were an essential part of My favourite picture of the Colonel!

#192874 - 10/09/06 02:12 AM Re: Some Things Just Have to be Said. [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

I luvs you, Porgy, er, Erohaz .

Fee, fie, fo, fack, I see a screename that's about to turn black.

In haiku form:

See angry primate
Sympathizes with creep
Deserves no fruit today.

#192875 - 10/09/06 02:27 AM Re: Judging according to merit. [Re: Linguascelesta]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Pssh, those were Mennonites.

But, same difference .

And yes, that is the best picture of the Colonel, ever.

#192876 - 10/09/06 02:29 AM Mennonites [Re: TrojZyr]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
You are informative as ever.

Actually, I had in inkling they might not have been Amish, however, I know the file name of the photo in question in the Colonel's album identifies them as Amish, so figured I could say that and You would correct it

#192877 - 10/09/06 02:31 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: Linguascelesta]
princeofdarkness Offline

Loc: England
Quote:

It exists.

Bullshit!

Quote:

However, so does the "ignore user" button.

Good then use it, you are an asshole and so full of yourself it's unreal, bye bye.

#192878 - 10/09/06 02:34 AM Re: Mennonites [Re: Linguascelesta]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Yeah, the Amish usually don't venture out into the big city, being against technology and proselytizing and such. The Mennonites are more diverse, so some of them are more loose and easy about mingling with us sinnin' folk.

If they ever do, I can put on a makeshift robot suit, you can be wrapped up in Ethernet cords, and some other folks can pretend like they're being viciously attacked by their Ipods and Blackberries, and ya'll can run around the Amish screaming, "Run for your lives, the technology's attacking!"

#192879 - 10/09/06 03:18 AM Re: Total Environment, anyone? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I find the Amish to be rather pleasant folks really. We get a few families in the restaurant every now and again for dinner. They are the kindest, well mannered people I have encountered in a long time. Sure, they may be of a different belief and religion. I don't judge for religious status, regardless my opinion of said religion.

I have some acquaintances who also happen to be Christian(of a different degree). I don't agree with the beliefs(naturally), however they are nice people and I let it be.

If they want to forgive the man who did them wrong, that's their perrogative. We all know the Satanic perspective on how to treat an enemy. However, that is not the Amish way.

It is only when someone treads on my religious choices that I take offense. However, I simply keep that information to myself and all is well for it. Only a few of my close friends know of my affiliations. That is partly due to the fact that they have been inside my apartment, which is rather Satanically decorated. *Looks at his Satanic Rituals sitting at the computer desk*

Amish people are always welcome at my restaurant.

#192880 - 10/09/06 03:28 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: princeofdarkness]
Neko Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

you are an asshole and so full of yourself it's unreal, bye bye.

Oh the irony!

*hits the ignore button*

The Temple | The Elite

#192881 - 10/09/06 06:08 AM Re: Am I the only one who thinks this is ridiculous? [Re: Evil_Eve]
DevilsFoodCake Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Redwood Coast
Maybe the Mother had initial feelings of wanting the Murderer to die a thousand deaths, but I imagine it was brainwashed out of her by the community at large. If it were my child that was killed, the murderer would certainly get a fitting justice. But I can not apply my values to someone else’s situation. In my opinion the Amish way of life and religion is stupid. For the Amish people to act like morons in their way of thinking is absolutely no surprise. If it was a Satanist child that was killed at the parent turned the other cheek, yeah then I may be perplexed, enraged or otherwise put out.

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.

With very few absolute truths in the world know this; wherever you go, there you are.

Satanism is not clothing to be worn,
It is within you when you are born.

#192882 - 10/09/06 06:18 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: Neko]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
It's apparent that this got ugly real quick. I apologize but certainly cannot keep the wandering loon from responding to my post.

Someone made mention of 'the other button' at the bottom of a post. Good idea.

Now, back to the Amish:

I don't have a problem with these people on an individual basis, I must reiterate this. I wouldn't hurt an Amish person or ignore their conversation or even not sit down to have dinner with one. I DO however, have a problem with not just understanding but with accepting the act that THIS Mennonite (it's been pointed out to me within this thread) community has just partaken in.

I really don't care what or who someone is affiliated with (as far as religion is concerned) it's the act of forgiveness and showing up at the man's funeral that bothers me be you Baptist, Catholic, or wearing a black brimmed hat and plain clothes.

This is the whole message I am trying to convey. I don't care who you are, who you worship or what label you may hold title of. I DO care about acts that appear quite mentally unstable.

Of course, I could be biased. I'll admit that after what has happened in my own life but I'm sorry I just don't believe the turn the other cheek verse applies in cases such as this. This isn't just turning the other cheek, It is far more than that when you attend the funeral of your childs killer. It's turning around, bending over and passing along the KY Jelly. A quality that I do not admire in anyone.

If there were a god, (there isn't) and if that book were not another fairy tale/bedtime story (it is) I would like to think that when this book was being penned and the writers of the book said 'turn the other cheek' that they didn't mean those of your backside.

#192883 - 10/09/06 06:19 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: princeofdarkness]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Of course you will be banned!

You are a shit-disturber who believes being antisocial and mean has some meaning beyond being antisocial and mean.

You claim not to be a Satanist, but spend quite a bit of time trying to prove to Satanists how "evil" you are. Your ilk stopped having any meaning around 1989.

Free speech doesn't exist here, you idiot. There are only about 1000 posts clearly stating that this is a private message board---but then that might require you reading instead of just pounding the keyboard.

Be half a man and leave on your own----it would be the only way to be any sort of a trendsetter rather than the boring stereotype you currently represent.

It may come as a shock to you but you are unique as a blade of grass. The world is full of rude, mean, unappealing people who assume their mental illness is religion in disguise. Well, this religion won't buy it, and the people who post here know the ending to this movie already.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#192884 - 10/09/06 06:27 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: Evil_Eve]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I think most of us feel that all "traditional" religions are crazy---its part of the reason we're Satanists! I hardly think the Amish are anymore crazy than the rest!

Quote:

really don't care what or who someone is affiliated with (as far as religion is concerned) it's the act of forgiveness and showing up at the man's funeral that bothers me be you Baptist, Catholic, or wearing a black brimmed hat and plain clothes.

This is the whole message I am trying to convey. I don't care who you are, who you worship or what label you may hold title of. I DO care about acts that appear quite mentally unstable.

yes, but it wasn't your child's funeral, or your fsmily member who commited the crime. Crazy? Sure! Crazier than a hundred other Christian beliefs or institutions? Not hardly. Crazy enough to hurt/jeopardize/interfere with you? Not even a little.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#192885 - 10/09/06 06:43 AM Re: Rioting when someone says something stupid? Nah. [Re: Ygraine]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

I think most of us feel that all "traditional" religions are crazy---its part of the reason we're Satanists! I hardly think the Amish are anymore crazy than the rest!

Quote:

really don't care what or who someone is affiliated with (as far as religion is concerned) it's the act of forgiveness and showing up at the man's funeral that bothers me be you Baptist, Catholic, or wearing a black brimmed hat and plain clothes.

yes, but it wasn't your child's funeral, or your fsmily member who commited the crime. Crazy? Sure! Crazier than a hundred other Christian beliefs or institutions? Not hardly. Crazy enough to hurt/jeopardize/interfere with you? Not even a little.

Y~

Indeed Priestess. It was not my child's funeral you are correct. It does however pain me to have been to one of these funerals and then to see one headlined on CNN with the whole 'awww look at these poor poor wounded people with forgiveness and love in their hearts'. This bothers me. The act it's self bothers me.

Is it enough to jeopardize/interfere with me? Not really. Does it hurt me? As a mother who lost her only child watches people attend the funeral of children who were shot execution style toting 'forgiveness' with them, then my answer would be yes, yes it does slightly sting.

Good insight however. No, My life is not jeopardized or interfered with as a result of what has happened in PA.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM