Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193676 - 10/12/06 08:23 AM Dreams
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
My dreams seem to be unusually vivid. Every few months I'll remember one. They play out almost like movies, with direction and cinematography. I've given an example below; I had this dream just this morning.

When I remember them, and I think they're amenable, I try to make a little prose piece out of them. Sometimes only one or two lines are suitable for this treatment; other times I can get most of the dream.

What are your dreams like?

Here's mine:

I was in a cult. We held our rites between the empty stacks of a long closed library.

She My Messiah was tall, with long blonde hair. I would supplicate myself to her for the fleeting chance at any recognition. I received her commands with the phrase, "Yes, My Messiah", and she would kiss the back of my head as I knelt. This is what I lived for.

Near her there was light. As I moved away, there was darkness. This is where lived the demons we worshiped. They were old and could terrify as they fascinated.

One had a pale, nude body of a beautiful woman. She had firm round breasts, and the curve of her bottom trembled with every of her footfalls. Her arms, though, each tapered into thick tentacles with which she could rip flesh apart. Her neck ended in a cauterized headless stump.

Another: this one lived in the dark places, hunting by the light of body heat. She left a trail of mucus and sea water. When I found her, she was curled up and did not seem inclined to attack. Her body was that of a very old woman, drenched as if having just stepped out from the ocean; her skin was a slick, sickly mottled purple membrane.

She My Messiah was here as well. On her prompting, this demon took a new form, of a beautiful young woman. A pale brunette with smart eyes, still laughing glibly at the fall of Sumer. She even tasted human. These two lay before me, and I went down on them, and made them come, as my act of worship. This was novel to them.

#193677 - 10/12/06 09:30 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Not a bad dream for one to have.

My dreams play out much the way you have described yours.

Mine are in vivid color, I can feel, hear and sometimes 'smell' in my dreams.

I can always remember my dreams quite well and in vivid detail.

As of late I have been stricken with dark dreams. I feel this is due to being away from home and now going to a new domicile with the airlines.

I suffer from insomnia, and have been told that I suffer from 'Old Hag Syndrome'.

Sometimes the feelings I get from old hag syndrome are so real that I am beginning to think it 'the term old hag syndrome' doesn't hold much validity. Truth be told, I have never had one of these experiences where I did not think that it wasn't truly happening. Of course, rationality weights out every time and I tell myself that what happened could not have happened. I assure you that when it is happeing it is quite real.

I still have many questions about Old Hag that have yet to be answered.

There is still much to be studied and tested as far as this phenomena is concerned.

I have studied and practiced Astral Projection. Old Hag Syndome does not differ much from this practice aside from the fact that you are being told you are dreaming. A few other minor details somewhat seperate Astral Projection from that of Old Hag Syndome.

In any event, I enjoyed reading about your dreams and of the particular one you described for us.

I'll leave a couple sometime when I am ready to speak about them in greater detail.

One of my worse dreams was the type where you wake up only to find you are still within the dream and it is beginning all over again. This particular dream repeated 5 times. It even had a creepy rhyme in it that I remember to this day.

This ryhme goes exactly like this:

"First he sends me fireworks, (I move the window shades to see fireworks go off in the night sky) then he sends balloons. (A couple of red balloons rise into the night sky with their strings dangling underneath them) He's getting closer, ever closer, my heart is filled with doom. (At this point I can see a very large figure in a black cloak with his face hidden moving at incredible speeds towards the back door of my home. I rush to get out of bed and lock the back door but alas, I am too late). Next he's in the living room, I'm running for my life, and now he's in the shower waiting with a KNIFE". I have no idea why my mind would produce such images but I still haven't forgotten that dream. I would remove the shower curtain and there 'it' would be. I would think it was over and shake my husband and tell him what a horrible dream I had just had only to see the fireworks start blazing again in the dark sky. It was like a broken record skipping and repeating.

I know some will say I've been watching too many Anthony Perkins movies but I don't believe it had anything to do with it. I could be wrong however.

My dead baby was also in this dream in bed with my husband and I. The baby at one point in the dream started walking in a mechanical type style. Quite creepy. The baby looked at my husband and cocked her head and said "Daddy, why is Mommy crazy"?

That dream there was not even described in full detail and is only the tip of the ice burgh compared to my other 'dreams'.

I don't believe in the Boogie Man, and don't scare easily. These dreams must be a manifistation of something larger going on in my life that needs working on.

Maybe I need to watch what I ingest before going to bed?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193678 - 10/12/06 12:27 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
That was a luscious dream! That's the kind I would not want to wake up from.... I especially liked the "Yes, My Messiah". It almost sounded like Yes, My Masochist. Disturbing and sexual at the same time. I have very similar dreams.

Like Eve, I have bad sleep disorder(s). I think these are what taught me or helped teach me how to lucid dream. I can't change where I am in a dream but I can change what is happening, if I try. What I really hate though is when a dream talks back. Cheeky dreams. I always remember them vividly. They can make me physically ill, raise my temperature, and wake me up with a bang, so to speak. I write them down now.

This is one I had on 7-12-04. (edited because I tend to babble when I write about my dreams)

A huge Gothic looking school building caught fire. I made it outside and turned to see the stampede coming out, all of the kids. They came out on fire. They came out screaming. I was so young. I remember the high pitched cries and seeing a frayed piece of balloon being trampled in the mud.

Many years later. The place is abandoned, burnt and falling down. The structure goes very deep into the earth though and part of the halls and passageways are still intact. I am going down a long, claustrophobically narrow filthy staircase and everything is dark and wet. There isnít anyone here but I am hearing things, like a chewing sound. Must be rats. But then I see them, some of them actually look like people but the others only resemble people in a sick carnival mirror kind of way. I see a woman, or something that looks like a woman, doing things to a man who is laying (crouching?) and bucking on a stone slab. She was goading him, prodding him into action and he was breathless, smiling, asking her to wait, he just needed to rest. She leers. I go further down into this place that used to be a school but is now inhabited by something so different. The smell gets worse and worse. I see the room where the fire started. It is just black and things are moving in the dark. I need to get out of here. Suddenly, this realization hits me like an acid bowling ball in my stomach. Get out! My heart is pounding so loud. I am at the stairs, almost to the corner, almost out of sight, when I donít see but sense the woman-thing turn. And see. See me. I run, no scamper, crawl, throw myself up the stairs at full tilt. I canít go fast enough. I am using my fingers, my nails, clawing my way up and it all goes so slow. I can feel my chest burn and the cold sweat all over my body. I keep looking over my shoulder and just beyond my vision, where things get dark, I can see it coming for me. I get to the top where there is an old turnstile type entrance/exit that has all but rusted close. Itís too small but I push myself through taking skin and hair off as I go. Finally finally I am outside. I give myself one beat, two, to slow down. Then running again. Iím on a gravel road and all I can hear is my heart, my breath chuffing, my feet smacking through the gravel, tripping and falling and going faster than my legs can manage. Above all of this I hear it. I hear a door creaking slowly open from behind me. I know itís the entrance to that place. I know its that thing. And then I hear it speak and I run, run until my tendons snap and my consciousness starts to black over. That voice, neither male nor female, wet and thick and hungry,

ďYouíll be back.Ē

#193679 - 10/12/06 12:44 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

You log your dreams too?

I'm quite glad I don't have a sleep disorder. I can exert a little control over when I have dreams, by eating heavy meat dishes before bed!

Edited by reprobate (10/12/06 01:14 PM)

#193680 - 10/12/06 12:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

One of my worse dreams was the type where you wake up only to find you are still within the dream and it is beginning all over again. This particular dream repeated 5 times.

I've never had that! Scary.

Quote:

It even had a creepy rhyme in it that I remember to this day.

I've heard (and read) magic words and phrases in my dreams. The only one I remember distinctly was scrawled in crayon, and said "Hee Hah Hoh Hay".

#193681 - 10/12/06 12:54 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

You log your dreams too?

I'm quite glad I don't have a sleep disorder. I can exert a little control over when I have dreams, by eating heavy meet dishes before bed!

Haha! Yeah, I have boxes of journals filled with the weirdest tales. I could probably rival the Twilight Zone in some "episodes". But I've learned to live with, if not love, having a sleep disorder. In fact, it's only a disorder by others definition. To me, its just me. Me and my shadow,
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193682 - 10/12/06 04:05 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

You log your dreams too?

I also log my dreams. Even the non-so-important ones.

My memory has excelled highly because of this. Sometimes right after a dream, especially one that wasn't so interesting, I tend to wait a few hours to see if I'll remember it then write it down.

HS!

#193683 - 10/12/06 05:36 PM Joe Lansdale [Re: Evil_Eve]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.

Quote:

Maybe I need to watch what I ingest before going to bed?

Joe Lansdale. Great horror fiction writer. He has this thing with popcorn. He claims that when he eats it before bed he has nightmares.

Funny huh?

#193684 - 10/12/06 07:14 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

They play out almost like movies, with direction and cinematography.

So who's the director?

#193685 - 10/12/06 07:30 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
redheadgrl Offline

I predetermine my dreams: I tell myself I'm going to have a pleasant dream every night before I go to sleep (and I'll visualize a protective field around myself to ward off negative elements and nightmares), sometimes I'll revisit a dream and play out the outcome in a different way, and sometimes I'll practice visualizations there (why not?). If I'm only going to get a few hours of sleep then I'll tell myself that I will wake up refreshed and it works. I also practice slowing down and speeding up time when sleeping.

If I fall asleep without doing this I usually end up having nightmares and waking up in a panic.

#193686 - 10/12/06 07:39 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

As of late I have been stricken with dark dreams. I feel this is due to being away from home and now going to a new domicile with the airlines.

I have studied and practiced Astral Projection. Old Hag Syndome does not differ much from this practice aside from the fact that you are being told you are dreaming. A few other minor details somewhat seperate Astral Projection from that of Old Hag Syndome.

You might trying predetermining your dreams each night-works very well for me. Astral Projection is something I enjoy, too....especially when I'm doing something that requires waiting and is boring....but what is old hag syndrome?

#193687 - 10/12/06 07:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
redheadgrl Offline

Have you ever had a dream that is just one degree of reality away from the day you just experienced?

#193688 - 10/12/06 07:58 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken. Its the opposite of what I have been diagnosed with - REM sleep behavior disorder. They both deal with REM atonia - the normal paralysis which occurs during this stage of sleep so you don't act out your dreams. With old hag, you wake from REM sleep but are still "paralyzed", can't move or speak. RBD is the exact opposite, no paralysis at all.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us Ė all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193689 - 10/12/06 08:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

Thanks shade1112

Does having REM sleep behavior disorder mean you sleepwalk?

#193690 - 10/12/06 08:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken. Its the opposite of what I have been diagnosed with - REM sleep behavior disorder. They both deal with REM atonia - the normal paralysis which occurs during this stage of sleep so you don't act out your dreams. With old hag, you wake from REM sleep but are still "paralyzed", can't move or speak. RBD is the exact opposite, no paralysis at all.

Correct. With Old Hag you will find that you can't move yet are aware of your surroundings. You can see, you can feel etc.

Much like what you hear with patients who are going under the knife and can see, hear and feel but are helpless to do anything about it.

Many people feel that something is trying to kill them (laying on top of them) and some like myself feel as if we are being pulled out of our bodies (in an Astral Projection type way against our wills).

In any event, it's something I have suffered from for years. I have found myself outside of my body pushing myself down from the ceiling and floating about the room.

No, I'm not crazy because....this of course could just be a series of recurrent dreams.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM