Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193706 - 10/13/06 01:08 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Do not misunderstand me on the issue of Astral Projection. I do believe that it does exist. I just don't like it happening when I don't feel in control of it.

The mind is capable of many powerful things. Seperating yourself from your physical body is one of them. Not being able to control it? Terrifying.

How does one validate a dream from reality? The two are so closely entwined at times that it is oft times hard to make heads or tales between the two (especially at 3AM in the morning)

Quote:

Astral Projection-do you recall feeling slightly dizzy or as if you're spinning when you're starting to drift to sleep or wake up? You're aware that you're not asleep but at the same time you're not awake either? Or have you awakened with a start-and felt disoriented?
For me, it felt like I was slightly above my body and spinning-similar to an amusement park ride....you have to practice it so that you can focus, not startle yourself, and be able to travel at your whim.

Not just slightly above my body but to the ceiling. I could actually feel the grooves in the dry wall. When I find myself 'about' without my permission I have a feeling of fear.

Oft times I keep my eyes closed and feel my way around because I am afraid of .... (I have no clue what I'm afraid of in these instances) but the fear is very real.

I have focused and when I do so choose to open my eyes, I will look around the room, see my significant other laying there beside me and will roam around. I either then wake up (or snap back into my body) and shake him to tell him about my 'dream' because aside from my saying so, I have no viable way to prove what just happened (or didn't happen). It does however feel very real but then again, many dreams do.

Greater research is needed on this subject. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter aside from the fact that I do so HATE it when it happens.

I have learned to greater control 'Old Hag' by doing various things when I feel it coming about such as turning on my side, focusing on something to fend it off or simply making myself sit up in bed. It works most times and sometimes not.

I am getting better at fending it off however, and this is a good thing indeed. Control is key. Feeling powerless and or out of control is not my cup of tea.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193707 - 10/13/06 01:43 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

I don't keep a dream journal or try to intrepret them. If the dream goes well then I'll go along with it but if it starts to go bad then I'll turn it around and wake up feeling good.

I log every single experience in a journal. I value my memories.

#193708 - 10/13/06 07:29 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Mr_47]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
My dreams usually don't seem to "mean" anything, so I don't spend a lot of time trying to interpret them. I'd go crazy trying. They're a mix of the trivial and the unintelligible!

#193709 - 10/13/06 08:12 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
madness Offline

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA.
For the most part, I dream black, ie. I don't recall them upon waking. But the really vivid ones I've had I don't forget- I can still remember some from 20 years ago. (The Grim Reaper in the Audi 5000-S hatchback taxi cab is one I've always found memorable.)

My dreams are usually filled with things that I've been thinking about, discussing, or have seen over the course of a certain period of time. For the most part, I can figure them out quite quickly if I think back, and other times they make no sense.
Only one I haven't been able to figure out lately is why Jack Black appeared and did a cannonball from a five-story pagoda into the sunroof of a Volkswagen Rabbit. That one is still weirding me out a little.
That dream makes me think my mind did a complete data dump in it's version of graphical machine language. It was damn odd.

HS!
Christopher

#193710 - 10/13/06 09:33 PM Re: Dreams [Re: madness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

An old buddy of mine used to say that in every single dream he ever had, at SOME point there would be a rope he would have to slide down using a bar as a handle, Jackie Chan style. Now that's what I call weird.

#193711 - 10/13/06 09:44 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

An old buddy of mine used to say that in every single dream he ever had, at SOME point there would be a rope he would have to slide down using a bar as a handle, Jackie Chan style. Now that's what I call weird.

Now that is weird.

Has he ever tried to delve into what the rope in his dreams may signify?

I would be interested in hearing about his background.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193712 - 10/13/06 10:03 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Has he ever tried to delve into what the rope in his dreams may signify?

I think it signifies he wants to do bad-ass shit like Jackie Chan.

#193713 - 10/14/06 02:03 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
TheAbysmal Offline

That sounds like you have a very vidid dream. At the risk of being too personal, did you come? I have often found that my most memorable sex dreams are the ones from which I actually come, in the physical.

Then, I also have some truly bizzare dreams, that prove more memorable.

In one dream I will not soon forget, I am with some of my buddies from work. We are exploring a deserted facility located on Mars (think Total Recall without all the extras). In our exploration, we come across a stairwell with one missing step. Anyone in true life would see that we could have easilly stepped over the gap of the missing step. In the dream, however, we rigged a rope and pulley system to navigate across it. Apparently to me, it was a bottomless pit where the step was missing. Upon crossing it, we eventually reached the top floor, after which a peircing alarm sounded. For whatever reason, this alarm prompted me to view a CCT screen featuring a tatto that I have always wanted (I do not know of what it was).

Refuse to die.

#193714 - 10/14/06 02:32 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Lust Offline

I first read this post not long after you posted. I usually have a hard time remembering my dreams, but last night was the exception. I was walking in open territory with a brass walking stick that seemed very odd to me. Leaves on the trees were gold and brown, so I took it to mean it was Autumn in my dream. Suddenly, I found myself surrounded by everyday people, pointing, and ridiculing me. Aggravated, I began levitating objects with the walking stick and hurling them at these people. Soon after I discovered that I had no need for the stick, and was levitating boulders with my mind at will, and smashing the sheeple. I slept very hard last night. I usually awake the same time everyday, but overslept by three hours.

I enjoyed reading your dream experience. It reminds me of some tales by H. P. Lovecraft, in some ways. I am not sure if your post had any inspiration on my psyche, but I do love to dream, and can only wait for another.
Cheers!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#193715 - 10/14/06 02:49 PM Re: Dreams [Re: TheAbysmal]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

At the risk of being too personal, did you come?

Nope. I've never had that happen.

#193716 - 10/14/06 03:14 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
TheAbysmal Offline

Cool. If you do want to physically come, you may want to investigate lucid dreaming.

You can, of course, purchase devices to assist you in lucid dreaming, but they are not necessary. You only need to concentrate on what you want to dream and pay attention to when you notice yourself slipping into a dream. I have found that just listening to the voices of people in my dreams helps me differentiate when I am simply thinking awake, and when I am dreaming. About half of the time, when I reallize I am dreaming, I surprise myself back awake, but when I reallize it and maintain my composure, I have complete control over what I dream. And, lucid dreaming can be a tremendously pleasurable experienc.

For starters, without trying to be overly vulgar here, I come in the physical every bit as I do in a sex dream. Also, since I have complete control in a lucid dream, I can fly if I want to fly, defeat in a fist fight even my most frightening high school bully, and so on.

If you are fascinated by your dreams, I would urge you to think less about what they may mean, and strive more toward what they could become... Your every fantasy.

Refuse to die.

#193717 - 10/14/06 03:35 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Gosh, it's not as bad as Memento, haha! (That was such an awesome film too!) But it is kind of like that, having no memory of doing certain things. And I've done some pretty good artwork, . Oddly enough I usually draw/paint the same thing.

I learned to lucid dream the exact same way you did. I had one particular nightmare that would dog me constantly. And finally learned to change the outcome. Sometimes it doesn't work though. Hence the occasional dream that talks back.

I don't think I have ever astrally projectiled myself anywhere but I have to admit it does sound cool! Where do you travel? I read somewhere on this board that one can also perform rituals in these states. Have you ever done anyhing like that?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193718 - 10/14/06 04:15 PM Re: Dreams [Re: TheAbysmal]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm quite content to let myself be surprised!

#193719 - 10/14/06 07:27 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

It sounds as if you're stuck in a time warp and you awake with no memory of it. Do you keep the artwork?

You might have astral traveled in the past but were unaware of it-you can always set up a test to prove it to yourself.
I go anywhere in astral travel-I started out flying then I'd go to places I wanted to visit that were closed at night. I've done some creative visualizations but no rituals at this point. I'm looking forward to rituals on the astral plane.

#193720 - 10/15/06 06:56 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

What are your dreams like?

I remember many of my dreams, and I still remember quite a few interesting/ strange dreams I had in my childhood. Ive written about some of my dreams in a journal, but just the ones that were most interesting.

Most of my dreams are vivid, and they last rather long. If Im asleep for a long time, they gradually change subject a few times while I am dreaming them.

Sometimes, I have dreams about being in the same places that I was in in past dreams, and in the dream I remember that Ive been there in a past dream. Its like a continuation of a dream I had a while ago.

Sometimes my dreams reflect what went on that day or things I was thinking about, and other times my dreams have nothing to do with what went on that day or what I was thinking about.

I tend to have the weirdest dreams when I am away from home, on vacations. Im not sure why that is. When Im on vacations, I always have at least one bizarre dream about elevators, and the elevators take me into neat places.
<><><><><>

One of mine:

3-24-06 (I wrote about this one in a journal):
I was outside of this big castle with gray brick walls in an urban setting, talking with a group of other Satanists. This girl who was there said, Thats God! after I said something. Then she told me to come inside that building with her. There was a part where I was walking around outside, somewhere away from the castle, where I saw a bunch of weird people and goth kids, so I was running around looking for that castle I was outside of earlier. I walked down the sidewalk and then I was back by it. Since that girl told me to meet her inside, I went by the big entrance. The iron double doors opened, and that girl was standing there with a grin, and said, There you are!. I walked up a spiral staircase and into a room where some other people were. I put my purse down on the floor. I went to sit down on the floor with the others, and they were all staring at me. A guy with blonde hair stood up and asked me, What are you doing here? I said, I was invited; she [pointing to that girl] invited me here. Then we were all just hanging around there, and I woke up.

Some bizarre dreams from my childhood:

One of my earliest dreams was about going into someones basement by myself and I saw this old record player on top of a little set of shelves, in the middle of the room of wood walls. It was playing an old song that had a mans and womans voices singing together with this tune that sounded folk-like. There was an antique doll laying on top of the square clear plastic record player cover, with its head in the upper right corner, and it was on a diagonal. The image of the doll with the music in the background gave me a strong feeling that I cant really explain. When I woke up, I was scared. I think I was around two or three years old when I had this dream.

The earliest dream I can remember (I think I was around 1-2), that was not a telepathic communication with my parents, was about that this cartoon character named Mr. Chatterbox went into a public bathroom, and part of it, where he was, filled up with water, and the little guy was wondering why the water was staying where it was. He couldnt go through to get out of it, and he was all confused when he was pushing on whatever it was. Then he realized that he was inside a glass box (like an aquarium) that was in the bathroom. He had to climb over the top to get out. Then I woke up. I remember that I thought glass and clear objects were strange at that age.

When I was a little older, like around 8ish, I used to have dreams where, the dream would be about anything, but, out of the blue, in the dream I said some foreign word that came from a long time ago, that I wasnt suppose to know about. I could never recall what that word was because it had some weird pronunciation that I could not decipher after I woke up. When I would say that word in those dreams, I would get an adrenaline rush and then wake up. Now I think that word represented the word, Satan. I never have dreams like that anymore; probably because I figured it out.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43920 Topics
405742 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements