Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193721 - 10/15/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Barb]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

One of my earliest dreams was about going into someone’s basement by myself and I saw this old record player on top of a little set of shelves, in the middle of the room of wood walls. It was playing an old song that had a man’s and woman’s voices singing together with this tune that sounded folk-like. There was an antique doll laying on top of the square clear plastic record player cover, with its head in the upper right corner, and it was on a diagonal. The image of the doll with the music in the background gave me a strong feeling that I can‘t really explain. When I woke up, I was scared. I think I was around two or three years old when I had this dream.

For some reason, this struck me as extremely creepy. Love it.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#193722 - 10/15/06 08:20 PM Funny Dreams [Re: madness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Another dream, to change gears:

This one took the form of a dialogue between a man and his talking oven, who had a squeaky cartoon voice.

"Can we make bread? " asked Mr. Oven.

"No," said the man.

"I like to make bread! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, be quiet," said the man.

"Why is my pilot out? My gas is on! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, I just want these last few minutes to pass quietly," said the man.

The same night, I dreamt about an all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude".

#193723 - 10/15/06 08:35 PM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

A recent noteworthy dream: giant ants with Muslim heads that had Borg implants.

I won, by the way.

#193724 - 10/16/06 01:45 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Very interesting and very personal.

I like to think of my dreams as a chance to experience alternate and unusual realities that I normally wouldn't be exposed to. So when I do dream, I try to enjoy them without any deep interpretation.

Every night for the past 3 months, with the exception of 2 or 3 nights, my dreams have been unusually [for me] dark and gory. An example would be: I am camping out in a tent. It looks small on the outside but the inside looks like a house except the front is open, like a tent. Some people who are at the campground walk by my space and start yelling at me. Their skin is slightly dark as if they are Romanian or Armenian. I was pissed off that they were yelling at me. Then, the dog that they have tears off the mother's face and she has wierd-shaped flaps of skin. The dog throws its head from side-to-side as it bites at her face. Blood is getting all over my tent/house kitchen which pissed me off more. I just wanted my coffee. She is still yelling at me, her husband yelling at her and the dog. As she yells, the torn skin is flapping around and I just started laughing.

Then my dream started getting creepy.

Thanks for posting this thread; it is nice to get a chance to see what other's subconscious minds are doing.

#193725 - 10/16/06 08:17 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

This one took the form of a dialogue between a man and his talking oven, who had a squeaky cartoon voice.

"Can we make bread? " asked Mr. Oven.

"No," said the man.

"I like to make bread! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, be quiet," said the man.

"Why is my pilot out? My gas is on! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, I just want these last few minutes to pass quietly," said the man.

I would say that you had some job that needed to be done, and someone was pressuring you to do it (or you felt as if he\she is)- while all you wanted is some peace and quiet.
Yung would say you are both the stove and the man- and perhaps you got tired of the high expectations you have of yourself.
Freud would probably say the stove is a woman you are in relations with, and she's being a pain.
And anyway- this was all about to blow (the gas is on…).

Quote:

The same night, I dreamt about an all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude".

I have NO IDEA what the fuck that means.
But it's a hell of a great name for a parachuting club!

Anyway- it sure is fun interpreting dreams.
Personally, I believe there are messages in them.

#193726 - 10/16/06 08:21 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: The_Lightning]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

I would say that you had some job that needed to be done, and someone was pressuring you to do it (or you felt as if he\she is)- while all you wanted is some peace and quiet.
Yung would say you are both the stove and the man- and perhaps you got tired of the high expectations you have of yourself.
Freud would probably say the stove is a woman you are in relations with, and she's being a pain.
And anyway- this was all about to blow (the gas is on…).

Maybe I'm the oven, and people are taking advantage of my innocent good nature to destroy themselves quietly!

Or MAYBE it doesn't mean anything more than that my subconscious is fucked!

#193727 - 10/16/06 08:57 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel

Quote:

Or MAYBE it doesn't mean anything more than that my subconscious is fucked!

Quote:

These two lay before me, and I went down on them, and made them come, as my act of worship.

IT SURE IS NOW!

#193728 - 10/16/06 09:08 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I rarely remember my dreams. My wife, however, dreams a freaking epic every night.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#193729 - 10/16/06 02:20 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
Great topic! I have Old Hag Syndrome (never heard of Sleep Paralysis referred to as that)! My mother also had it.

As far as dreams go, I am a very vivid dreamer. I can see, smell, touch, hear, taste, read, and fly! I love dreaming that I'm flying.

My dreams are usually always recurring and I have found that if I wake up during a dream, the same dream continues when I fall back asleep.

Sometimes in my dreams I will be reading something and 9 times out of 10 I'll remember what the text read.

#193730 - 10/16/06 02:34 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Last night I had a dream that I was in the hospital with flesh eating disease. It was actually nice to wake up and go to work this morning! Funny, I hardly remember any of my dreams, but I remember one where I'm in hospital with a life-threatening disease. Now if only I can remember the nice dreams!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#193731 - 10/16/06 02:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: JustinR]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
If the nice dreams freaked you out, I bet you'd remember them!

#193732 - 10/18/06 10:58 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I've only just started trying to remember my dreams. I'm keeping a pen & pad beside me, but it's not yet habit to turn over and start writing as soon as I wake up. Even when I do, I can only get the basics down before I lose the rest. The last one I wrote that I was talking to my sister, but she turned into an old elementary school teacher. We were sitting in my living room, then standing in the street in the cold rain with cars passing by and splashing us. By the time I got this much down I'd forgotten what I was talking to my teacher/sister about.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Or do I just need to keep working at it and gradually get better at remembering (let alone controlling) dreams?

#193733 - 10/18/06 11:31 AM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I think that's the perfect way to go about it! Remembering your dreams is kind of like using a muscle you have never used before. It's atrophied and will take some time to stretch and build. Keep at it!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193734 - 10/18/06 12:16 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I find that sometimes, I don't remember a lot from my dream until after I've already been up for a few hours. Keep that pad and pencil with you, so you can fill in the blanks you left when you first awoke.

#193735 - 10/18/06 01:34 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Dartherebus Offline

Loc: st joseph,missouri,u.s
this is my reply to your "dreams"
i dream the same way its the call of cthulu in the land of dreams which is every bit as real as the waking world it is C'allunth the land of the dark lords such as Cthulu for he does influece the world of men even in their sleep,but back to the subject of dreams you should feel privileged to see the ancient ones in C'allunth when you sleep and your soul travels

e-mail me back if youd like to talk about it more.....Erebus

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12099 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405472 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements