Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193736 - 10/18/06 01:36 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Alright I'll weigh in...

When I was little I had a creaky, aluminum cot to sleep on. I pictured a long fingered slimy creature who crawled out of the darkest corner underneath my bed to poke and pull at the frame during the night. The muted screechy noises kept me awake.

When I told my mother, she thought that my creature sounded a lot like Gollum (of LOTR), the story she'd been reading to me before bed. Since I enjoyed the book so much, she suggested I make friends with my creature, as it was probably just lonely and more afraid of me than I was of it.

I began to dream that I'd crawl beneath my bed frame and play cards with this long-fingered, round-eyed, thin-limbed, amphibian-like creature.

He still visits on occasion. But I've moved on to more exciting dreams. Like vampire lesbian orgies.

#193737 - 10/18/06 01:59 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Zaftig]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Your creature is cool!

... but what this thread really needs, is some of that vampire lesbian orgy stuff. Just my opinion. Yeah, tell us more about that.

#193738 - 10/18/06 02:06 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

That indulgence is for me and all my bisexual model friends. No really.

#193739 - 10/19/06 11:51 PM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

What I have found useful is to remain in the physical position in which you were dreaming. In other words, as you wake from the dream, stay still.

Before any daytime thoughts intrude, review the dream and assign key words to the various scenes. Review it a couple more times with the key words, then go ahead and reach for that pen and paper. Your key words will help trigger recall.

You might find Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge of interest.

#193740 - 10/22/06 12:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

What are your dreams like?

My dreams?! - I often see the future in my dreams, or parts of the future, I wanted to reply to your topic for so long, but I was cautious because I know that we all have to experience things ourselves before we understand

It doesn't matter what I explain here because words will never show the reality I see, we all have to see it for ourselves, there's NO formula/pattern or whatever you call it in English, it will come to you, when it comes.

I don't expect anybody to understand, unless you have had a vision yourself.

#193741 - 10/22/06 05:53 PM Re: Dreams [Re: LightAngel]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I don't expect anybody to understand, unless you have had a vision yourself.

Despite my somewhat glib previous post on dreams, I do understand. I am relunctant to speak of my dreams in a public forum though. At times I find that typing the words dilutes the memory of them. They have always been very lucid, and I treasure the nightly experience.

#193742 - 10/22/06 06:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
I was reading over all the post within this thread and had a moment of realization.

I just realized that I don't believe I can ever recall having a 'good' dream.

Why is this I wonder?

Are there any other members here who have no recollection of a 'good dream'?

I may be outside the box on this one.

If I have had a good dream it apparently was not good enough to remember.

Just last night (and mind you I don't sleep often) I had a dream that I was trying to get down to the United Crew Room in Chicago.

I had to go through many mazes lugging along flight bags in the whole process.

I followed a woman up a flight of stairs that had rats crawling all over them.

I have no idea what this dream may signify. I only hold fast to the notion that I don't recall ever having a pleasant/sweet dream EVER.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193743 - 10/22/06 06:11 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Knowing you're a flight attendant (and after watching that tv show "Airline" a couple of times) I don't know why you would ever have a good dream.

Seriously though, I have good dreams all of the time. I think it just may be a matter of which ones strike a nerve. Fear may just be a better catalyst for remembering things.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193744 - 10/22/06 06:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I find that my dreams reflect directly what's going on in my life (once I sort out the bizarre imagery, that is).

I read on one of your posts that you are a flight attendant. I'm assuming that you sleep irregularly, and probably are constantly readjusting to different time zones.
Maybe this is part of the problem?

I used to co-host a radio show on Friday nights/Saturday mornings from 4 to 6 a.m. In the six years we did the show, I never had a normal weekend. I always felt off. And my dreams were always those half asleep, half awake ones.

Made for some interesting insights into my psyche though.

#193745 - 10/22/06 06:30 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Zaftig]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I find that my dreams reflect directly what's going on in my life (once I sort out the bizarre imagery, that is).

I read on one of your posts that you are a flight attendant. I'm assuming that you sleep irregularly, and probably are constantly readjusting to different time zones.
Maybe this is part of the problem?

I used to co-host a radio show on Friday nights/Saturday mornings from 4 to 6 a.m. In the six years we did the show, I never had a normal weekend. I always felt off. And my dreams were always those half asleep, half awake ones.

Made for some interesting insights into my psyche though.

Interesting insight on your part.

Sometimes things can be as plain as the nose on your face and yet are missed entirely.

Correct, I am a Flight Attendant and my sleep patterns vary as do the time zones.

At times I am in Europe, at times in Asia, at times just in the plain ol' domestic United States.

I have found that I cannot sleep on an aircraft which makes for a long flight to China.

When I do sleep however, the experience is very short lived/slept.

My dreams are infested with rats, with gloom, with doom (which makes for nice writing) which is what I usually end up doing as an end result.

Sleep patterns.

Interesting.

I do so believe that much more study need go into that of dreams.
Could it be possible that dreams can change the world around us?

I have read of others who have had 'visions' in that of their dreams and have come up with outstanding ideas that have shapen the world around us.

Oh that my dreams could bring such results.

Unless you need to know how to get to the United Crew Room whilst fighting off rats with large teeth, I fear I cannot be of much help.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193746 - 10/22/06 06:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

What it your impression of rats in general?

#193747 - 10/22/06 06:45 PM Re: Dreams [Re: LightAngel]
redheadgrl Offline

How much of the future do you see---just glimpses or more?

#193748 - 10/22/06 06:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

What it your impression of rats in general?

I do not fear them. I was the proud owner of 7 Burmese Pythons (and one croc, and Nile Monitor).

In order for my pretties to be fed, I would have to take a rather large rat by the tail and smash his head onto the floor and then proceed to toss him into my reptiles cage.

You may think this cruel, but it is simply a matter of the food chain.

The only time I had a problem with feeding my snakes is the one time that I had to kill a rabbit. That hurt.

Aside from that, my feelings on rats in general is minimal. I don't believe I have any thoughts of them at all.

Why I dream of them is odd.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193749 - 10/22/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Unless you need to know how to get to the United Crew Room whilst fighting off rats with large teeth, I fear I cannot be of much help.

HAHAHAHA... now that made me laugh.

I had an interesting dream recently, although I'm a little relunctant to give details because it may be considered insulting to people on this board.

If that is the case, I apologize in advance:

Shortly after I first began researching the Church of Satan, as I stated in my introduction, I became very interested in learning more. While I had a lot of other homework, I over-researched for this project because I could not put The Satanic Bible down. I slept little, completing my other essays well into the wee hours of the morning. But once I slept, I had erotic dreams about the devil, and one involving, yes, the Good Doctor LaVey.

When I woke up I thought to myself, "How interesting. This is exacty what Medieval literature predicts happens to susceptible women; they get seduced by the devil during the night."
Did this bother me?
No. It excited me. Made me feel like I had a delicious new secret that no one else would, or could, understand.

I treat a lot of my dreams the same way. They reveal secret desires that, in my hectic daytime life, I sometimes can deny. In this case, I consider it an indication of a desire to affiliate, even though there are many academics who devalue such actions, as they consider any work from a 'closet convert' to lack objectivity.

#193750 - 10/22/06 07:04 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

It seems odd that the rats would be in every dream-I've had repeating dreams and they only stop when I figure them out and do something decisive to break the strange cycle. Have you tried telling yourself that you're going to have good dreams before you to go sleep?
I (sometimes) drink Montmorency cherry juice before retiring for the evening-it helps regulate circadian rhythms-which regulate sleep. Doesn't have the potential side affects of melatonin.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12018 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements