Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#193751 - 10/23/06 08:07 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Isabel23]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Quote:

Before any daytime thoughts intrude, review the dream and assign key words to the various scenes. Review it a couple more times with the key words, then go ahead and reach for that pen and paper. Your key words will help trigger recall.

This one little suggestion about doubled what I can remember. Thanks for that. In addition, I was able to clearly remember controlling part of a dream. It was one of those movie-style ones, where youíre watching but arenít physically present. A man in a suit was fleeing from an air conditioned hotel because the police were after him. He ran out into the scorching sun and dusty air and a cab was waiting for him. It seemed implausible for the cab to be there, so they I redreamed him running out, turning the corner, catching his breath, then turning around and retracing his steps so that the cops running out wouldnít think he was the guy fleeing (they hadnít actually seen him yet). That didnít work either, because you wouldnít be walking in a business suit in that heat. I redreamed it again and had him remove his jacket as he came down the elevator, toss it to the check-in clerk as he ran by, remove his tie and roll up his sleeves as he turned a corner, then stop and ask a woman for directions, so that when the police turned the corner, they looked like a couple and the police didnít apprehend him.

Quote:

You might find Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge of interest.

I'm definately going to check this out. Thanks again.

#193752 - 10/23/06 09:03 AM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've found that "re-dreaming" means I'm NOT lucid. Lucid dreamer know they're dreaming and can choose to do anytthing (for instance your guy could walk right into a cop and the cop could dance around like a ballerina)

I've found re-dreaming means that my logical brain is intruding on the dream but I'm not "awake" enough to realize it's just a dream. Have you ever been walking down the street and caught something out of the corner of your eye that seemed really odd(like a purple sqirrel) and you can even hear yourself thinking that it isn't right so you look again to reassure yourself that the world hasn't gone nuts and it's just something boring(like a kids discarded mitten). I think it's just the same reaction when we re-dream.
Darkest Dreams, - Willow NightEyes --------------------------------------- ~I don't talk with close-minded people; they tend to harbour brain fungus~ ---------------------------------------- Profesor: Nothing's impossible if you believe it; that's what being a scientist is all about! Kid: Nooo, that's what being a magical elf's all about.

#193753 - 10/23/06 09:09 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

It seems odd that the rats would be in every dream-I've had repeating dreams and they only stop when I figure them out and do something decisive to break the strange cycle. Have you tried telling yourself that you're going to have good dreams before you to go sleep?
I (sometimes) drink Montmorency cherry juice before retiring for the evening-it helps regulate circadian rhythms-which regulate sleep. Doesn't have the potential side affects of melatonin.

No no, not all my dreams are filled with rats (a great deal of them yes) but not all.

Just mostly dark and gloomy dreams. I often am being chased in my dreams. I also note that death is a main factor in many of my dreams. Someone/something usually tries to kill me.

I suppose if they succeed that I will not wake up to tell you the tale..

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193754 - 10/23/06 07:36 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

I used to have a similar theme in my dreams when I was younger-always being chased. Finally, one night I decided I would tell myself in the middle of the dream that it is only a dream and not to let the chase happen. This worked for me, I stopped the chase and woke up.
I continued to have the chasing dreams until I refused to be chased. How do you know someone is trying to kill you-do you sense it beforehand or not until they make an attempt? In many of my dreams as a young pup I would know or sense the intents of others around me and would still go along with the manipulation-chase, whatever. I learned to stop doing this and start using it to my advantage instead.
I enter the sleep state from a place of strength and intent so I don't have nightmares-it is your dream so you're calling the shots. If I forget or fall asleep without a bit of predetermination then I can end up having nightmares.

#193755 - 10/24/06 12:18 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Well the gun being brandished or the blade of a knife being aimed at me is a good indication that someone/something is trying to kill me.

Sometimes there is no weapon but there is a feeling of impending doom that resides within the dream.

Is it a wonder that I'm an insomniac? Sleeping is highly overrated at times no?

I have tried that of which you spoke (confronting the individual or just simply saying "I'm not going to be chased".

Thus far my attempts have been rather unsuccessful.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193756 - 10/24/06 08:05 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Your dreams are strange and poetic and despite the occasional goriness I still find the imagery in your words beautiful yet dreamy. Id love to hear more about your dreams, all the big dreams I ever had, dreams that I could fleetingly remember were simple ones that were sometimes confusing and randomly plotted out. My most beautiful was one of a person I really cared for, I actually woke up with tears in my eyes.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#193757 - 10/24/06 11:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

I am pleased to be of some help.

I find dreams fascinating.

#193758 - 10/25/06 11:13 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Mine are mostly very vivid, or even occasionally prophetic (don't ask my why or how, but they are... maybe my subconscious just picks up on things and can predict events or something... I don't know).

But the ones I appreciate are the ones that bring ideas and feelings to the surface that I didn't know about... like last week I dreampt of a co-worker and suddenly came to the realization of how attractive he is to me. Now, you see, I am so wrapped up in work that I don't notice these things, but my subconscious sure as hell likes to make it known. Keeps life interesting for me if I have a slow day.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#193759 - 10/25/06 01:39 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

How much of the future do you see---just glimpses or more?

Often it's just glimpses ...

#471852 - 03/23/12 07:05 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Frankneo Offline

Loc: Nigeria
Life is all about greatness, i want to be among the great men

#471853 - 03/23/12 07:25 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Frankneo]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please don't reply to ancient posts.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats