Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#193676 - 10/12/06 08:23 AM Dreams
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
My dreams seem to be unusually vivid. Every few months I'll remember one. They play out almost like movies, with direction and cinematography. I've given an example below; I had this dream just this morning.

When I remember them, and I think they're amenable, I try to make a little prose piece out of them. Sometimes only one or two lines are suitable for this treatment; other times I can get most of the dream.

What are your dreams like?

Here's mine:

I was in a cult. We held our rites between the empty stacks of a long closed library.

She My Messiah was tall, with long blonde hair. I would supplicate myself to her for the fleeting chance at any recognition. I received her commands with the phrase, "Yes, My Messiah", and she would kiss the back of my head as I knelt. This is what I lived for.

Near her there was light. As I moved away, there was darkness. This is where lived the demons we worshiped. They were old and could terrify as they fascinated.

One had a pale, nude body of a beautiful woman. She had firm round breasts, and the curve of her bottom trembled with every of her footfalls. Her arms, though, each tapered into thick tentacles with which she could rip flesh apart. Her neck ended in a cauterized headless stump.

Another: this one lived in the dark places, hunting by the light of body heat. She left a trail of mucus and sea water. When I found her, she was curled up and did not seem inclined to attack. Her body was that of a very old woman, drenched as if having just stepped out from the ocean; her skin was a slick, sickly mottled purple membrane.

She My Messiah was here as well. On her prompting, this demon took a new form, of a beautiful young woman. A pale brunette with smart eyes, still laughing glibly at the fall of Sumer. She even tasted human. These two lay before me, and I went down on them, and made them come, as my act of worship. This was novel to them.

#193677 - 10/12/06 09:30 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Not a bad dream for one to have.

My dreams play out much the way you have described yours.

Mine are in vivid color, I can feel, hear and sometimes 'smell' in my dreams.

I can always remember my dreams quite well and in vivid detail.

As of late I have been stricken with dark dreams. I feel this is due to being away from home and now going to a new domicile with the airlines.

I suffer from insomnia, and have been told that I suffer from 'Old Hag Syndrome'.

Sometimes the feelings I get from old hag syndrome are so real that I am beginning to think it 'the term old hag syndrome' doesn't hold much validity. Truth be told, I have never had one of these experiences where I did not think that it wasn't truly happening. Of course, rationality weights out every time and I tell myself that what happened could not have happened. I assure you that when it is happeing it is quite real.

I still have many questions about Old Hag that have yet to be answered.

There is still much to be studied and tested as far as this phenomena is concerned.

I have studied and practiced Astral Projection. Old Hag Syndome does not differ much from this practice aside from the fact that you are being told you are dreaming. A few other minor details somewhat seperate Astral Projection from that of Old Hag Syndome.

In any event, I enjoyed reading about your dreams and of the particular one you described for us.

I'll leave a couple sometime when I am ready to speak about them in greater detail.

One of my worse dreams was the type where you wake up only to find you are still within the dream and it is beginning all over again. This particular dream repeated 5 times. It even had a creepy rhyme in it that I remember to this day.

This ryhme goes exactly like this:

"First he sends me fireworks, (I move the window shades to see fireworks go off in the night sky) then he sends balloons. (A couple of red balloons rise into the night sky with their strings dangling underneath them) He's getting closer, ever closer, my heart is filled with doom. (At this point I can see a very large figure in a black cloak with his face hidden moving at incredible speeds towards the back door of my home. I rush to get out of bed and lock the back door but alas, I am too late). Next he's in the living room, I'm running for my life, and now he's in the shower waiting with a KNIFE". I have no idea why my mind would produce such images but I still haven't forgotten that dream. I would remove the shower curtain and there 'it' would be. I would think it was over and shake my husband and tell him what a horrible dream I had just had only to see the fireworks start blazing again in the dark sky. It was like a broken record skipping and repeating.

I know some will say I've been watching too many Anthony Perkins movies but I don't believe it had anything to do with it. I could be wrong however.

My dead baby was also in this dream in bed with my husband and I. The baby at one point in the dream started walking in a mechanical type style. Quite creepy. The baby looked at my husband and cocked her head and said "Daddy, why is Mommy crazy"?

That dream there was not even described in full detail and is only the tip of the ice burgh compared to my other 'dreams'.

I don't believe in the Boogie Man, and don't scare easily. These dreams must be a manifistation of something larger going on in my life that needs working on.

Maybe I need to watch what I ingest before going to bed?

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#193678 - 10/12/06 12:27 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
That was a luscious dream! That's the kind I would not want to wake up from.... I especially liked the "Yes, My Messiah". It almost sounded like Yes, My Masochist. Disturbing and sexual at the same time. I have very similar dreams.

Like Eve, I have bad sleep disorder(s). I think these are what taught me or helped teach me how to lucid dream. I can't change where I am in a dream but I can change what is happening, if I try. What I really hate though is when a dream talks back. Cheeky dreams. I always remember them vividly. They can make me physically ill, raise my temperature, and wake me up with a bang, so to speak. I write them down now.

This is one I had on 7-12-04. (edited because I tend to babble when I write about my dreams)

A huge Gothic looking school building caught fire. I made it outside and turned to see the stampede coming out, all of the kids. They came out on fire. They came out screaming. I was so young. I remember the high pitched cries and seeing a frayed piece of balloon being trampled in the mud.

Many years later. The place is abandoned, burnt and falling down. The structure goes very deep into the earth though and part of the halls and passageways are still intact. I am going down a long, claustrophobically narrow filthy staircase and everything is dark and wet. There isn’t anyone here but I am hearing things, like a chewing sound. Must be rats. But then I see them, some of them actually look like people but the others only resemble people in a sick carnival mirror kind of way. I see a woman, or something that looks like a woman, doing things to a man who is laying (crouching?) and bucking on a stone slab. She was goading him, prodding him into action and he was breathless, smiling, asking her to wait, he just needed to rest. She leers. I go further down into this place that used to be a school but is now inhabited by something so different. The smell gets worse and worse. I see the room where the fire started. It is just black and things are moving in the dark. I need to get out of here. Suddenly, this realization hits me like an acid bowling ball in my stomach. Get out! My heart is pounding so loud. I am at the stairs, almost to the corner, almost out of sight, when I don’t see but sense the woman-thing turn. And see. See me. I run, no scamper, crawl, throw myself up the stairs at full tilt. I can’t go fast enough. I am using my fingers, my nails, clawing my way up and it all goes so slow. I can feel my chest burn and the cold sweat all over my body. I keep looking over my shoulder and just beyond my vision, where things get dark, I can see it coming for me. I get to the top where there is an old turnstile type entrance/exit that has all but rusted close. It’s too small but I push myself through taking skin and hair off as I go. Finally finally I am outside. I give myself one beat, two, to slow down. Then running again. I’m on a gravel road and all I can hear is my heart, my breath chuffing, my feet smacking through the gravel, tripping and falling and going faster than my legs can manage. Above all of this I hear it. I hear a door creaking slowly open from behind me. I know it’s the entrance to that place. I know its that thing. And then I hear it speak and I run, run until my tendons snap and my consciousness starts to black over. That voice, neither male nor female, wet and thick and hungry,

“You’ll be back.”

#193679 - 10/12/06 12:44 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

You log your dreams too?

I'm quite glad I don't have a sleep disorder. I can exert a little control over when I have dreams, by eating heavy meat dishes before bed!

Edited by reprobate (10/12/06 01:14 PM)

#193680 - 10/12/06 12:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

One of my worse dreams was the type where you wake up only to find you are still within the dream and it is beginning all over again. This particular dream repeated 5 times.

I've never had that! Scary.

Quote:

It even had a creepy rhyme in it that I remember to this day.

I've heard (and read) magic words and phrases in my dreams. The only one I remember distinctly was scrawled in crayon, and said "Hee Hah Hoh Hay".

#193681 - 10/12/06 12:54 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

You log your dreams too?

I'm quite glad I don't have a sleep disorder. I can exert a little control over when I have dreams, by eating heavy meet dishes before bed!

Haha! Yeah, I have boxes of journals filled with the weirdest tales. I could probably rival the Twilight Zone in some "episodes". But I've learned to live with, if not love, having a sleep disorder. In fact, it's only a disorder by others definition. To me, its just me. Me and my shadow,
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#193682 - 10/12/06 04:05 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

You log your dreams too?

I also log my dreams. Even the non-so-important ones.

My memory has excelled highly because of this. Sometimes right after a dream, especially one that wasn't so interesting, I tend to wait a few hours to see if I'll remember it then write it down.

HS!

#193683 - 10/12/06 05:36 PM Joe Lansdale [Re: Evil_Eve]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.

Quote:

Maybe I need to watch what I ingest before going to bed?

Joe Lansdale. Great horror fiction writer. He has this thing with popcorn. He claims that when he eats it before bed he has nightmares.

Funny huh?

#193684 - 10/12/06 07:14 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

They play out almost like movies, with direction and cinematography.

So who's the director?

#193685 - 10/12/06 07:30 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
redheadgrl Offline

I predetermine my dreams: I tell myself I'm going to have a pleasant dream every night before I go to sleep (and I'll visualize a protective field around myself to ward off negative elements and nightmares), sometimes I'll revisit a dream and play out the outcome in a different way, and sometimes I'll practice visualizations there (why not?). If I'm only going to get a few hours of sleep then I'll tell myself that I will wake up refreshed and it works. I also practice slowing down and speeding up time when sleeping.

If I fall asleep without doing this I usually end up having nightmares and waking up in a panic.

#193686 - 10/12/06 07:39 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

As of late I have been stricken with dark dreams. I feel this is due to being away from home and now going to a new domicile with the airlines.

I have studied and practiced Astral Projection. Old Hag Syndome does not differ much from this practice aside from the fact that you are being told you are dreaming. A few other minor details somewhat seperate Astral Projection from that of Old Hag Syndome.

You might trying predetermining your dreams each night-works very well for me. Astral Projection is something I enjoy, too....especially when I'm doing something that requires waiting and is boring....but what is old hag syndrome?

#193687 - 10/12/06 07:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
redheadgrl Offline

Have you ever had a dream that is just one degree of reality away from the day you just experienced?

#193688 - 10/12/06 07:58 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken. Its the opposite of what I have been diagnosed with - REM sleep behavior disorder. They both deal with REM atonia - the normal paralysis which occurs during this stage of sleep so you don't act out your dreams. With old hag, you wake from REM sleep but are still "paralyzed", can't move or speak. RBD is the exact opposite, no paralysis at all.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#193689 - 10/12/06 08:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

Thanks shade1112

Does having REM sleep behavior disorder mean you sleepwalk?

#193690 - 10/12/06 08:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken. Its the opposite of what I have been diagnosed with - REM sleep behavior disorder. They both deal with REM atonia - the normal paralysis which occurs during this stage of sleep so you don't act out your dreams. With old hag, you wake from REM sleep but are still "paralyzed", can't move or speak. RBD is the exact opposite, no paralysis at all.

Correct. With Old Hag you will find that you can't move yet are aware of your surroundings. You can see, you can feel etc.

Much like what you hear with patients who are going under the knife and can see, hear and feel but are helpless to do anything about it.

Many people feel that something is trying to kill them (laying on top of them) and some like myself feel as if we are being pulled out of our bodies (in an Astral Projection type way against our wills).

In any event, it's something I have suffered from for years. I have found myself outside of my body pushing myself down from the ceiling and floating about the room.

No, I'm not crazy because....this of course could just be a series of recurrent dreams.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193691 - 10/12/06 08:22 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I have been diagnosed with sleepwalking too - they are very similar. But sleepwalking happens during slow wave sleep or deep sleep stage not REM. I have done things like turning off our alarm code to go outside of my house, written stories, painted pictures, held conversations (albeit total Lewis Carroll nonsense), and literally pulled a window completely out of its frame, not just opened it (and yup that would have been the third story window) while asleep. I've read stories about people driving and commiting violent acts while sleepwalking but I have no idea if they're valid. The only thing numerous overnight stays at sleep clinics has ruled out is seizures, thankfully. Just put me back in the cabinet, Dr. Caligari.

#193692 - 10/12/06 08:42 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

Do you wake up in the middle of writing or painting a picture or do you go back to bed before waking up?

#193693 - 10/12/06 08:58 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Like many others here, my dreams are also very vivid and highly detailed. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately sometimes, I rarely remember my dreams. I had many nightmares when I was younger, but I hardly have any now. I've heard many people say that depending on what you eat before you go to bed, it may affect the dreams you have. This seems to be true, but is there any scientific data to support this claim?

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#193694 - 10/12/06 09:03 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Jack_Lantern]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

So who's the director?

Some nights, I think it's David Lynch.

#193695 - 10/12/06 09:29 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Do you wake up in the middle of writing or painting a picture or do you go back to bed before waking up?

Well, I don't wake up during these episodes unless someone wakes me up. But I don't usually make it back to bed when I go meandering. I go back to "normal" sleep wherever I find myself. This can be anywhere. Sometimes, companions have lead me back to bed though. This does take a wee bit of finesse as... there is nothing wrong or dangerous with waking a sleepwalking person. But one catches the sleepwalker off guard so ... I have had unfortunate violent responses to being "startled" awake.

I've got to ask - why the interest? We seem to be straying a bit from the original topic...

#193696 - 10/12/06 09:36 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

It is interesing to me as I haven't known anyone with the disorder before. It would be peculiar to wake up while walking, etc.

#193697 - 10/12/06 10:09 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

It is interesing to me as I haven't known anyone with the disorder before. It would be peculiar to wake up while walking, etc.

That's understandable! And I have been woken while walking, it's disorienting and disturbing and downright weird..."Peculiar" ain't the half of it. Being told about conversations you have no memory of, picking up pictures scratched onto plates with a sewing needle, finding cryptic notes meticulously handwritten in point 2 font on the back of a bank statement, all with no memory whatsoever of doing any of it.... People sometimes think they would like it if the Twilight Zone was for real. Well you can forget that shit....

I have learned to live with the weird misfiring hitch that is my brain but it's not always the fun carnival ride I would like it to be...

Dreams are the best part. I love to dream. My director is probably more Cronenburg than Lynch but still, I love the other side of the Looking Glass. It sounds like you are the director of your dreams! That is marvelous! I don't understand what Astral projection is though. Is that lucid dreaming?

#193698 - 10/12/06 10:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Ok, I am having net problems and this is my third attempt to post this.

I tend to experience lucid dreams. I don't always have that experience, yet when I do it is more often than not. I have total control over the goings on of my dream and I can do anything I want while experiencing said dream. Sometimes they are chaotic and it becomes more difficult to acknowledge this consciousness within the dream. Other times it is like cakewalk. I sometimes attempt to translate my dreams and used to have a few books on translating dreams. I don't have those anymore however I would like to pick some up sometime. Have you ever tried to translate your dreams?

#193699 - 10/12/06 11:00 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
Asmedious Offline

Quote:

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken

I've learned about that in school a few years ago. I think that I might have actually experienced it a few weeks ago, and it's nasty as hell.

The way that I understand it, when we sleep, our bodies release a chemical that paralyzes us so that once we go into REM (Rapid Eye Movement) which is the time that we dream, we will not be able to move around, like sleep walkers do. During sleep paralysis, (Again, I could be wrong) this chemical does not leave the body fast enough, and we wake up but since the paralyzing agent is still in our body, we cannot move.

I say that I believe that it happened to me, because it felt very real. I felt as if I was wide awake for what seemed like hours (though it was more like ten minutes I think) but was totally unable to move. Couldn't call out for help either. However, in hind sight, it could have just been a bad dream. Just one of those fun things that I hope never happens again.

#193700 - 10/12/06 11:48 PM From Within. [Re: Mr_47]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

I sometimes attempt to translate my dreams and used to have a few books on translating dreams. I don't have those anymore however I would like to pick some up sometime.

I personally would advise against such, saying that they stifle creativity and one's own intuition. That is just My view though. Your mileage may vary.

#193701 - 10/13/06 12:03 AM Re: From Within. [Re: Linguascelesta]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Yeah, those sorts of books are low on my priority list. I remember reading one once and it was interesting. I'd want to look into a few before investing. I have heard that they can be limiting, it was just an idea.

Thanks for the advice, it's always appreciated.

#193702 - 10/13/06 12:11 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Asmedious]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

Old hag syndrome refers to sleep paralysis if I am not mistaken

I've learned about that in school a few years ago. I think that I might have actually experienced it a few weeks ago, and it's nasty as hell.

The way that I understand it, when we sleep, our bodies release a chemical that paralyzes us so that once we go into REM (Rapid Eye Movement) which is the time that we dream, we will not be able to move around, like sleep walkers do. During sleep paralysis, (Again, I could be wrong) this chemical does not leave the body fast enough, and we wake up but since the paralyzing agent is still in our body, we cannot move.

I say that I believe that it happened to me, because it felt very real. I felt as if I was wide awake for what seemed like hours (though it was more like ten minutes I think) but was totally unable to move. Couldn't call out for help either. However, in hind sight, it could have just been a bad dream. Just one of those fun things that I hope never happens again.

If there is one thing I despise, it is the feeling of 'feeling helpless'. This is exactly what this experience brings about. You cannot bat an eyelash, move a muscle and are at the mercy of whatever is making this take place.

At times when this happens I hear music from an unknown origin ( I believe it to me music from India)

At one time I heard a voice inside my head that was very real (mind you the TV is on in the background and I am in total awareness of my outside surroundings)

The voice said:

"I'll see you in five seconds"! A most sinister voice at that.

I have no idea what this means but the voice alone was enough to make my pinky toe start moving and then I was able to shake myself either awake or out of my paralysis.

One of my most memorable experiences with this disorder was that I KNEW it was coming on. You can actually feel a 'tingling sensation' as it comes about. (At least I can) and the first thought that popped into my head was 'they're coming again'. Who the they are is debatable, but it was a 'they'.

I would like research this at greater depth some time in the future.

I did participate in a 'study' on the Old Hag syndrome but nothing to my knowledge has come about as an end result of doing so.

Truly, for those who have experienced this (like yourself) it is frightening.

As I have stated, I do not scare easily but being totally at the will of 'whatever may cause this' and unable to scream, to run, to move is an experience I do not wish to experience again.

I do feel that this phenomenon need be studied at greater lengths.

It could all be a dream and believe you me, my hopes would be that is exactly what it is.

People tend to think you a nutter if you mention such things which is why I normally do not.

When something such as this happens you look to Science for an explanation and thus far there are only theories.

Back to the drawing board......

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193703 - 10/13/06 12:17 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Mr_47]
redheadgrl Offline

I don't keep a dream journal or try to intrepret them. If the dream goes well then I'll go along with it but if it starts to go bad then I'll turn it around and wake up feeling good.

#193704 - 10/13/06 12:38 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

I wouldn't like that at all-sounds like something out of the movie "Memento" where the main character has no short term memory. The art and tiny writing you do are so meticulous, and it made perfect sense to you in your dream state!

I learned about Lucid Dreaming when I was young-I would have the same nightmare over and over again and I'd wake up remembering it and I'd be terrified. I'd go nights with little or no sleep. Then I became determined to change the outcome when I had the same nightmare the next night and it worked! And I noticed I felt stronger in my day to day life. If I don't do this and then I end up in the same pattern-with the nightmares again.

Astral Projection-do you recall feeling slightly dizzy or as if you're spinning when you're starting to drift to sleep or wake up? You're aware that you're not asleep but at the same time you're not awake either? Or have you awakened with a start-and felt disoriented?
For me, it felt like I was slightly above my body and spinning-similar to an amusement park ride....you have to practice it so that you can focus, not startle yourself, and be able to travel at your whim. If you doubt that it is a real experience then find a way to validate it.

#193705 - 10/13/06 12:58 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Danny Mc. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Taxationland
I have vivid dreams every night. Sometimes I'm sure I'm a MothMan. Sometimes I have wild and sexy ones. When they repeat they pick-up from the last, although when things get to bad(or good) I get Hypnic Jerks. I wake as though I just had a 100Kv jolt! Dreams, one of the great unknowns. I love the Dream states I have.
"To be born into this world a sentient, self-conscious and reasoning being, surrounded by inexhaustible glories in Nature, which we may comprehend, possess,enjoy; to be able to rise on the wings of a lofty imagination; to be able to get glimpses of the ideally perfect; to apprehend the Divine; it is to the development and enjoyment of these high powers that the young man is invited. How dare he refuse to qualify himself by the most perfect training of all his powers." Lyman J. Gage 1910

"Follow Me!", John M. (Delta).

"I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they are more screwed up than you think." Something Magistra Isabel posted. laugh

#193706 - 10/13/06 01:08 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Do not misunderstand me on the issue of Astral Projection. I do believe that it does exist. I just don't like it happening when I don't feel in control of it.

The mind is capable of many powerful things. Seperating yourself from your physical body is one of them. Not being able to control it? Terrifying.

How does one validate a dream from reality? The two are so closely entwined at times that it is oft times hard to make heads or tales between the two (especially at 3AM in the morning)

Quote:

Astral Projection-do you recall feeling slightly dizzy or as if you're spinning when you're starting to drift to sleep or wake up? You're aware that you're not asleep but at the same time you're not awake either? Or have you awakened with a start-and felt disoriented?
For me, it felt like I was slightly above my body and spinning-similar to an amusement park ride....you have to practice it so that you can focus, not startle yourself, and be able to travel at your whim.

Not just slightly above my body but to the ceiling. I could actually feel the grooves in the dry wall. When I find myself 'about' without my permission I have a feeling of fear.

Oft times I keep my eyes closed and feel my way around because I am afraid of .... (I have no clue what I'm afraid of in these instances) but the fear is very real.

I have focused and when I do so choose to open my eyes, I will look around the room, see my significant other laying there beside me and will roam around. I either then wake up (or snap back into my body) and shake him to tell him about my 'dream' because aside from my saying so, I have no viable way to prove what just happened (or didn't happen). It does however feel very real but then again, many dreams do.

Greater research is needed on this subject. In the end, I suppose it doesn't matter aside from the fact that I do so HATE it when it happens.

I have learned to greater control 'Old Hag' by doing various things when I feel it coming about such as turning on my side, focusing on something to fend it off or simply making myself sit up in bed. It works most times and sometimes not.

I am getting better at fending it off however, and this is a good thing indeed. Control is key. Feeling powerless and or out of control is not my cup of tea.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193707 - 10/13/06 01:43 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I don't keep a dream journal or try to intrepret them. If the dream goes well then I'll go along with it but if it starts to go bad then I'll turn it around and wake up feeling good.

I log every single experience in a journal. I value my memories.

#193708 - 10/13/06 07:29 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Mr_47]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

My dreams usually don't seem to "mean" anything, so I don't spend a lot of time trying to interpret them. I'd go crazy trying. They're a mix of the trivial and the unintelligible!

#193709 - 10/13/06 08:12 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
madness Offline

Loc: Tri-Cities, WA.
For the most part, I dream black, ie. I don't recall them upon waking. But the really vivid ones I've had I don't forget- I can still remember some from 20 years ago. (The Grim Reaper in the Audi 5000-S hatchback taxi cab is one I've always found memorable.)

My dreams are usually filled with things that I've been thinking about, discussing, or have seen over the course of a certain period of time. For the most part, I can figure them out quite quickly if I think back, and other times they make no sense.
Only one I haven't been able to figure out lately is why Jack Black appeared and did a cannonball from a five-story pagoda into the sunroof of a Volkswagen Rabbit. That one is still weirding me out a little.
That dream makes me think my mind did a complete data dump in it's version of graphical machine language. It was damn odd.

HS!
Christopher

#193710 - 10/13/06 09:33 PM Re: Dreams [Re: madness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

An old buddy of mine used to say that in every single dream he ever had, at SOME point there would be a rope he would have to slide down using a bar as a handle, Jackie Chan style. Now that's what I call weird.

#193711 - 10/13/06 09:44 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

An old buddy of mine used to say that in every single dream he ever had, at SOME point there would be a rope he would have to slide down using a bar as a handle, Jackie Chan style. Now that's what I call weird.

Now that is weird.

Has he ever tried to delve into what the rope in his dreams may signify?

I would be interested in hearing about his background.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193712 - 10/13/06 10:03 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Has he ever tried to delve into what the rope in his dreams may signify?

I think it signifies he wants to do bad-ass shit like Jackie Chan.

#193713 - 10/14/06 02:03 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
TheAbysmal Offline

That sounds like you have a very vidid dream. At the risk of being too personal, did you come? I have often found that my most memorable sex dreams are the ones from which I actually come, in the physical.

Then, I also have some truly bizzare dreams, that prove more memorable.

In one dream I will not soon forget, I am with some of my buddies from work. We are exploring a deserted facility located on Mars (think Total Recall without all the extras). In our exploration, we come across a stairwell with one missing step. Anyone in true life would see that we could have easilly stepped over the gap of the missing step. In the dream, however, we rigged a rope and pulley system to navigate across it. Apparently to me, it was a bottomless pit where the step was missing. Upon crossing it, we eventually reached the top floor, after which a peircing alarm sounded. For whatever reason, this alarm prompted me to view a CCT screen featuring a tatto that I have always wanted (I do not know of what it was).

Refuse to die.

#193714 - 10/14/06 02:32 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Lust Offline

I first read this post not long after you posted. I usually have a hard time remembering my dreams, but last night was the exception. I was walking in open territory with a brass walking stick that seemed very odd to me. Leaves on the trees were gold and brown, so I took it to mean it was Autumn in my dream. Suddenly, I found myself surrounded by everyday people, pointing, and ridiculing me. Aggravated, I began levitating objects with the walking stick and hurling them at these people. Soon after I discovered that I had no need for the stick, and was levitating boulders with my mind at will, and smashing the sheeple. I slept very hard last night. I usually awake the same time everyday, but overslept by three hours.

I enjoyed reading your dream experience. It reminds me of some tales by H. P. Lovecraft, in some ways. I am not sure if your post had any inspiration on my psyche, but I do love to dream, and can only wait for another.
Cheers!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#193715 - 10/14/06 02:49 PM Re: Dreams [Re: TheAbysmal]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

At the risk of being too personal, did you come?

Nope. I've never had that happen.

#193716 - 10/14/06 03:14 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
TheAbysmal Offline

Cool. If you do want to physically come, you may want to investigate lucid dreaming.

You can, of course, purchase devices to assist you in lucid dreaming, but they are not necessary. You only need to concentrate on what you want to dream and pay attention to when you notice yourself slipping into a dream. I have found that just listening to the voices of people in my dreams helps me differentiate when I am simply thinking awake, and when I am dreaming. About half of the time, when I reallize I am dreaming, I surprise myself back awake, but when I reallize it and maintain my composure, I have complete control over what I dream. And, lucid dreaming can be a tremendously pleasurable experienc.

For starters, without trying to be overly vulgar here, I come in the physical every bit as I do in a sex dream. Also, since I have complete control in a lucid dream, I can fly if I want to fly, defeat in a fist fight even my most frightening high school bully, and so on.

If you are fascinated by your dreams, I would urge you to think less about what they may mean, and strive more toward what they could become... Your every fantasy.

Refuse to die.

#193717 - 10/14/06 03:35 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Gosh, it's not as bad as Memento, haha! (That was such an awesome film too!) But it is kind of like that, having no memory of doing certain things. And I've done some pretty good artwork, . Oddly enough I usually draw/paint the same thing.

I learned to lucid dream the exact same way you did. I had one particular nightmare that would dog me constantly. And finally learned to change the outcome. Sometimes it doesn't work though. Hence the occasional dream that talks back.

I don't think I have ever astrally projectiled myself anywhere but I have to admit it does sound cool! Where do you travel? I read somewhere on this board that one can also perform rituals in these states. Have you ever done anyhing like that?

#193718 - 10/14/06 04:15 PM Re: Dreams [Re: TheAbysmal]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I'm quite content to let myself be surprised!

#193719 - 10/14/06 07:27 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
redheadgrl Offline

It sounds as if you're stuck in a time warp and you awake with no memory of it. Do you keep the artwork?

You might have astral traveled in the past but were unaware of it-you can always set up a test to prove it to yourself.
I go anywhere in astral travel-I started out flying then I'd go to places I wanted to visit that were closed at night. I've done some creative visualizations but no rituals at this point. I'm looking forward to rituals on the astral plane.

#193720 - 10/15/06 06:56 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Barb Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

I remember many of my dreams, and I still remember quite a few interesting/ strange dreams I had in my childhood. I’ve written about some of my dreams in a journal, but just the ones that were most interesting.

Most of my dreams are vivid, and they last rather long. If I’m asleep for a long time, they gradually change subject a few times while I am dreaming them.

Sometimes, I have dreams about being in the same places that I was in in past dreams, and in the dream I remember that I’ve been there in a past dream. It’s like a continuation of a dream I had a while ago.

Sometimes my dreams reflect what went on that day or things I was thinking about, and other times my dreams have nothing to do with what went on that day or what I was thinking about.

I tend to have the weirdest dreams when I am away from home, on vacations. I’m not sure why that is. When I’m on vacations, I always have at least one bizarre dream about elevators, and the elevators take me into neat places.
<><><><><>

One of mine:

3-24-06 (I wrote about this one in a journal):
I was outside of this big castle with gray brick walls in an urban setting, talking with a group of other Satanists. This girl who was there said, “…That’s God!” after I said something. Then she told me to come inside that building with her. There was a part where I was walking around outside, somewhere away from the castle, where I saw a bunch of weird people and goth kids, so I was running around looking for that castle I was outside of earlier. I walked down the sidewalk and then I was back by it. Since that girl told me to meet her inside, I went by the big entrance. The iron double doors opened, and that girl was standing there with a grin, and said, “There you are!”. I walked up a spiral staircase and into a room where some other people were. I put my purse down on the floor. I went to sit down on the floor with the others, and they were all staring at me. A guy with blonde hair stood up and asked me, “What are you doing here?” I said, “I was invited; she [pointing to that girl] invited me here.” Then we were all just hanging around there, and I woke up.

Some bizarre dreams from my childhood:

One of my earliest dreams was about going into someone’s basement by myself and I saw this old record player on top of a little set of shelves, in the middle of the room of wood walls. It was playing an old song that had a man’s and woman’s voices singing together with this tune that sounded folk-like. There was an antique doll laying on top of the square clear plastic record player cover, with its head in the upper right corner, and it was on a diagonal. The image of the doll with the music in the background gave me a strong feeling that I can‘t really explain. When I woke up, I was scared. I think I was around two or three years old when I had this dream.

The earliest dream I can remember (I think I was around 1-2), that was not a telepathic communication with my parents, was about that this cartoon character named Mr. Chatterbox went into a public bathroom, and part of it, where he was, filled up with water, and the little guy was wondering why the water was staying where it was. He couldn’t go through to get out of it, and he was all confused when he was pushing on whatever it was. Then he realized that he was inside a glass box (like an aquarium) that was in the bathroom. He had to climb over the top to get out. Then I woke up. I remember that I thought glass and clear objects were strange at that age.

When I was a little older, like around 8ish, I used to have dreams where, the dream would be about anything, but, out of the blue, in the dream I said some foreign word that came from a long time ago, that I wasn‘t suppose to know about. I could never recall what that word was because it had some weird pronunciation that I could not decipher after I woke up. When I would say that word in those dreams, I would get an adrenaline rush and then wake up. Now I think that word represented the word, Satan. I never have dreams like that anymore; probably because I figured it out.

"Life is the great indulgence-death the great abstinence. Therefore, make the most of life-here and now!" ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"The true test of anyone's worth as a living creature is how much he can utilize what he has." ~Anton Szandor LaVey

"Twenty percent of your priorities will give you 80 percent of your production, IF you spend your time, energy, money, and personnel on the top 20 percent of your priorities." ~The Pareto Principle, as stated by John C. Maxwell

#193721 - 10/15/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Barb]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

One of my earliest dreams was about going into someone’s basement by myself and I saw this old record player on top of a little set of shelves, in the middle of the room of wood walls. It was playing an old song that had a man’s and woman’s voices singing together with this tune that sounded folk-like. There was an antique doll laying on top of the square clear plastic record player cover, with its head in the upper right corner, and it was on a diagonal. The image of the doll with the music in the background gave me a strong feeling that I can‘t really explain. When I woke up, I was scared. I think I was around two or three years old when I had this dream.

For some reason, this struck me as extremely creepy. Love it.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#193722 - 10/15/06 08:20 PM Funny Dreams [Re: madness]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Another dream, to change gears:

This one took the form of a dialogue between a man and his talking oven, who had a squeaky cartoon voice.

"Can we make bread? " asked Mr. Oven.

"No," said the man.

"I like to make bread! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, be quiet," said the man.

"Why is my pilot out? My gas is on! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, I just want these last few minutes to pass quietly," said the man.

The same night, I dreamt about an all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude".

#193723 - 10/15/06 08:35 PM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

A recent noteworthy dream: giant ants with Muslim heads that had Borg implants.

I won, by the way.

#193724 - 10/16/06 01:45 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Very interesting and very personal.

I like to think of my dreams as a chance to experience alternate and unusual realities that I normally wouldn't be exposed to. So when I do dream, I try to enjoy them without any deep interpretation.

Every night for the past 3 months, with the exception of 2 or 3 nights, my dreams have been unusually [for me] dark and gory. An example would be: I am camping out in a tent. It looks small on the outside but the inside looks like a house except the front is open, like a tent. Some people who are at the campground walk by my space and start yelling at me. Their skin is slightly dark as if they are Romanian or Armenian. I was pissed off that they were yelling at me. Then, the dog that they have tears off the mother's face and she has wierd-shaped flaps of skin. The dog throws its head from side-to-side as it bites at her face. Blood is getting all over my tent/house kitchen which pissed me off more. I just wanted my coffee. She is still yelling at me, her husband yelling at her and the dog. As she yells, the torn skin is flapping around and I just started laughing.

Then my dream started getting creepy.

Thanks for posting this thread; it is nice to get a chance to see what other's subconscious minds are doing.

#193725 - 10/16/06 08:17 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

This one took the form of a dialogue between a man and his talking oven, who had a squeaky cartoon voice.

"Can we make bread? " asked Mr. Oven.

"No," said the man.

"I like to make bread! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, be quiet," said the man.

"Why is my pilot out? My gas is on! " said Mr. Oven.

"Please, I just want these last few minutes to pass quietly," said the man.

I would say that you had some job that needed to be done, and someone was pressuring you to do it (or you felt as if he\she is)- while all you wanted is some peace and quiet.
Yung would say you are both the stove and the man- and perhaps you got tired of the high expectations you have of yourself.
Freud would probably say the stove is a woman you are in relations with, and she's being a pain.
And anyway- this was all about to blow (the gas is on…).

Quote:

The same night, I dreamt about an all-black parachuting club called "Niggaz With Altitude".

I have NO IDEA what the fuck that means.
But it's a hell of a great name for a parachuting club!

Anyway- it sure is fun interpreting dreams.
Personally, I believe there are messages in them.

#193726 - 10/16/06 08:21 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: The_Lightning]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

I would say that you had some job that needed to be done, and someone was pressuring you to do it (or you felt as if he\she is)- while all you wanted is some peace and quiet.
Yung would say you are both the stove and the man- and perhaps you got tired of the high expectations you have of yourself.
Freud would probably say the stove is a woman you are in relations with, and she's being a pain.
And anyway- this was all about to blow (the gas is on…).

Maybe I'm the oven, and people are taking advantage of my innocent good nature to destroy themselves quietly!

Or MAYBE it doesn't mean anything more than that my subconscious is fucked!

#193727 - 10/16/06 08:57 AM Re: Funny Dreams [Re: reprobate]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel

Quote:

Or MAYBE it doesn't mean anything more than that my subconscious is fucked!

Quote:

These two lay before me, and I went down on them, and made them come, as my act of worship.

IT SURE IS NOW!

#193728 - 10/16/06 09:08 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I rarely remember my dreams. My wife, however, dreams a freaking epic every night.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#193729 - 10/16/06 02:20 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
Great topic! I have Old Hag Syndrome (never heard of Sleep Paralysis referred to as that)! My mother also had it.

As far as dreams go, I am a very vivid dreamer. I can see, smell, touch, hear, taste, read, and fly! I love dreaming that I'm flying.

My dreams are usually always recurring and I have found that if I wake up during a dream, the same dream continues when I fall back asleep.

Sometimes in my dreams I will be reading something and 9 times out of 10 I'll remember what the text read.

#193730 - 10/16/06 02:34 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
JustinR Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Newfoundland, Canada
Last night I had a dream that I was in the hospital with flesh eating disease. It was actually nice to wake up and go to work this morning! Funny, I hardly remember any of my dreams, but I remember one where I'm in hospital with a life-threatening disease. Now if only I can remember the nice dreams!

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton

JustinR on The Undercroft

#193731 - 10/16/06 02:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: JustinR]
Soleil Noir Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Freudenabteilung
If the nice dreams freaked you out, I bet you'd remember them!

#193732 - 10/18/06 10:58 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
I've only just started trying to remember my dreams. I'm keeping a pen & pad beside me, but it's not yet habit to turn over and start writing as soon as I wake up. Even when I do, I can only get the basics down before I lose the rest. The last one I wrote that I was talking to my sister, but she turned into an old elementary school teacher. We were sitting in my living room, then standing in the street in the cold rain with cars passing by and splashing us. By the time I got this much down I'd forgotten what I was talking to my teacher/sister about.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Or do I just need to keep working at it and gradually get better at remembering (let alone controlling) dreams?

#193733 - 10/18/06 11:31 AM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I think that's the perfect way to go about it! Remembering your dreams is kind of like using a muscle you have never used before. It's atrophied and will take some time to stretch and build. Keep at it!

#193734 - 10/18/06 12:16 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Shade]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I find that sometimes, I don't remember a lot from my dream until after I've already been up for a few hours. Keep that pad and pencil with you, so you can fill in the blanks you left when you first awoke.

#193735 - 10/18/06 01:34 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Dartherebus Offline

Loc: st joseph,missouri,u.s
this is my reply to your "dreams"
i dream the same way its the call of cthulu in the land of dreams which is every bit as real as the waking world it is C'allunth the land of the dark lords such as Cthulu for he does influece the world of men even in their sleep,but back to the subject of dreams you should feel privileged to see the ancient ones in C'allunth when you sleep and your soul travels

e-mail me back if youd like to talk about it more.....Erebus

#193736 - 10/18/06 01:36 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Alright I'll weigh in...

When I was little I had a creaky, aluminum cot to sleep on. I pictured a long fingered slimy creature who crawled out of the darkest corner underneath my bed to poke and pull at the frame during the night. The muted screechy noises kept me awake.

When I told my mother, she thought that my creature sounded a lot like Gollum (of LOTR), the story she'd been reading to me before bed. Since I enjoyed the book so much, she suggested I make friends with my creature, as it was probably just lonely and more afraid of me than I was of it.

I began to dream that I'd crawl beneath my bed frame and play cards with this long-fingered, round-eyed, thin-limbed, amphibian-like creature.

He still visits on occasion. But I've moved on to more exciting dreams. Like vampire lesbian orgies.

#193737 - 10/18/06 01:59 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Zaftig]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Your creature is cool!

... but what this thread really needs, is some of that vampire lesbian orgy stuff. Just my opinion. Yeah, tell us more about that.

#193738 - 10/18/06 02:06 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

That indulgence is for me and all my bisexual model friends. No really.

#193739 - 10/19/06 11:51 PM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

What I have found useful is to remain in the physical position in which you were dreaming. In other words, as you wake from the dream, stay still.

Before any daytime thoughts intrude, review the dream and assign key words to the various scenes. Review it a couple more times with the key words, then go ahead and reach for that pen and paper. Your key words will help trigger recall.

You might find Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge of interest.

#193740 - 10/22/06 12:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

My dreams?! - I often see the future in my dreams, or parts of the future, I wanted to reply to your topic for so long, but I was cautious because I know that we all have to experience things ourselves before we understand

It doesn't matter what I explain here because words will never show the reality I see, we all have to see it for ourselves, there's NO formula/pattern or whatever you call it in English, it will come to you, when it comes.

I don't expect anybody to understand, unless you have had a vision yourself.

#193741 - 10/22/06 05:53 PM Re: Dreams [Re: LightAngel]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I don't expect anybody to understand, unless you have had a vision yourself.

Despite my somewhat glib previous post on dreams, I do understand. I am relunctant to speak of my dreams in a public forum though. At times I find that typing the words dilutes the memory of them. They have always been very lucid, and I treasure the nightly experience.

#193742 - 10/22/06 06:02 PM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

I was reading over all the post within this thread and had a moment of realization.

I just realized that I don't believe I can ever recall having a 'good' dream.

Why is this I wonder?

Are there any other members here who have no recollection of a 'good dream'?

I may be outside the box on this one.

If I have had a good dream it apparently was not good enough to remember.

Just last night (and mind you I don't sleep often) I had a dream that I was trying to get down to the United Crew Room in Chicago.

I had to go through many mazes lugging along flight bags in the whole process.

I followed a woman up a flight of stairs that had rats crawling all over them.

I have no idea what this dream may signify. I only hold fast to the notion that I don't recall ever having a pleasant/sweet dream EVER.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193743 - 10/22/06 06:11 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Knowing you're a flight attendant (and after watching that tv show "Airline" a couple of times) I don't know why you would ever have a good dream.

Seriously though, I have good dreams all of the time. I think it just may be a matter of which ones strike a nerve. Fear may just be a better catalyst for remembering things.

#193744 - 10/22/06 06:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I find that my dreams reflect directly what's going on in my life (once I sort out the bizarre imagery, that is).

I read on one of your posts that you are a flight attendant. I'm assuming that you sleep irregularly, and probably are constantly readjusting to different time zones.
Maybe this is part of the problem?

I used to co-host a radio show on Friday nights/Saturday mornings from 4 to 6 a.m. In the six years we did the show, I never had a normal weekend. I always felt off. And my dreams were always those half asleep, half awake ones.

Made for some interesting insights into my psyche though.

#193745 - 10/22/06 06:30 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Zaftig]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I find that my dreams reflect directly what's going on in my life (once I sort out the bizarre imagery, that is).

I read on one of your posts that you are a flight attendant. I'm assuming that you sleep irregularly, and probably are constantly readjusting to different time zones.
Maybe this is part of the problem?

I used to co-host a radio show on Friday nights/Saturday mornings from 4 to 6 a.m. In the six years we did the show, I never had a normal weekend. I always felt off. And my dreams were always those half asleep, half awake ones.

Made for some interesting insights into my psyche though.

Interesting insight on your part.

Sometimes things can be as plain as the nose on your face and yet are missed entirely.

Correct, I am a Flight Attendant and my sleep patterns vary as do the time zones.

At times I am in Europe, at times in Asia, at times just in the plain ol' domestic United States.

I have found that I cannot sleep on an aircraft which makes for a long flight to China.

When I do sleep however, the experience is very short lived/slept.

My dreams are infested with rats, with gloom, with doom (which makes for nice writing) which is what I usually end up doing as an end result.

Sleep patterns.

Interesting.

I do so believe that much more study need go into that of dreams.
Could it be possible that dreams can change the world around us?

I have read of others who have had 'visions' in that of their dreams and have come up with outstanding ideas that have shapen the world around us.

Oh that my dreams could bring such results.

Unless you need to know how to get to the United Crew Room whilst fighting off rats with large teeth, I fear I cannot be of much help.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193746 - 10/22/06 06:41 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

What it your impression of rats in general?

#193747 - 10/22/06 06:45 PM Re: Dreams [Re: LightAngel]
redheadgrl Offline

How much of the future do you see---just glimpses or more?

#193748 - 10/22/06 06:46 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

What it your impression of rats in general?

I do not fear them. I was the proud owner of 7 Burmese Pythons (and one croc, and Nile Monitor).

In order for my pretties to be fed, I would have to take a rather large rat by the tail and smash his head onto the floor and then proceed to toss him into my reptiles cage.

You may think this cruel, but it is simply a matter of the food chain.

The only time I had a problem with feeding my snakes is the one time that I had to kill a rabbit. That hurt.

Aside from that, my feelings on rats in general is minimal. I don't believe I have any thoughts of them at all.

Why I dream of them is odd.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193749 - 10/22/06 07:01 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Unless you need to know how to get to the United Crew Room whilst fighting off rats with large teeth, I fear I cannot be of much help.

HAHAHAHA... now that made me laugh.

I had an interesting dream recently, although I'm a little relunctant to give details because it may be considered insulting to people on this board.

If that is the case, I apologize in advance:

Shortly after I first began researching the Church of Satan, as I stated in my introduction, I became very interested in learning more. While I had a lot of other homework, I over-researched for this project because I could not put The Satanic Bible down. I slept little, completing my other essays well into the wee hours of the morning. But once I slept, I had erotic dreams about the devil, and one involving, yes, the Good Doctor LaVey.

When I woke up I thought to myself, "How interesting. This is exacty what Medieval literature predicts happens to susceptible women; they get seduced by the devil during the night."
Did this bother me?
No. It excited me. Made me feel like I had a delicious new secret that no one else would, or could, understand.

I treat a lot of my dreams the same way. They reveal secret desires that, in my hectic daytime life, I sometimes can deny. In this case, I consider it an indication of a desire to affiliate, even though there are many academics who devalue such actions, as they consider any work from a 'closet convert' to lack objectivity.

#193750 - 10/22/06 07:04 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

It seems odd that the rats would be in every dream-I've had repeating dreams and they only stop when I figure them out and do something decisive to break the strange cycle. Have you tried telling yourself that you're going to have good dreams before you to go sleep?
I (sometimes) drink Montmorency cherry juice before retiring for the evening-it helps regulate circadian rhythms-which regulate sleep. Doesn't have the potential side affects of melatonin.

#193751 - 10/23/06 08:07 AM Re: Dreams [Re: Isabel23]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Quote:

Before any daytime thoughts intrude, review the dream and assign key words to the various scenes. Review it a couple more times with the key words, then go ahead and reach for that pen and paper. Your key words will help trigger recall.

This one little suggestion about doubled what I can remember. Thanks for that. In addition, I was able to clearly remember controlling part of a dream. It was one of those movie-style ones, where you’re watching but aren’t physically present. A man in a suit was fleeing from an air conditioned hotel because the police were after him. He ran out into the scorching sun and dusty air and a cab was waiting for him. It seemed implausible for the cab to be there, so they I redreamed him running out, turning the corner, catching his breath, then turning around and retracing his steps so that the cops running out wouldn’t think he was the guy fleeing (they hadn’t actually seen him yet). That didn’t work either, because you wouldn’t be walking in a business suit in that heat. I redreamed it again and had him remove his jacket as he came down the elevator, toss it to the check-in clerk as he ran by, remove his tie and roll up his sleeves as he turned a corner, then stop and ask a woman for directions, so that when the police turned the corner, they looked like a couple and the police didn’t apprehend him.

Quote:

You might find Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge of interest.

I'm definately going to check this out. Thanks again.

#193752 - 10/23/06 09:03 AM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I've found that "re-dreaming" means I'm NOT lucid. Lucid dreamer know they're dreaming and can choose to do anytthing (for instance your guy could walk right into a cop and the cop could dance around like a ballerina)

I've found re-dreaming means that my logical brain is intruding on the dream but I'm not "awake" enough to realize it's just a dream. Have you ever been walking down the street and caught something out of the corner of your eye that seemed really odd(like a purple sqirrel) and you can even hear yourself thinking that it isn't right so you look again to reassure yourself that the world hasn't gone nuts and it's just something boring(like a kids discarded mitten). I think it's just the same reaction when we re-dream.
Darkest Dreams, - Willow NightEyes --------------------------------------- ~I don't talk with close-minded people; they tend to harbour brain fungus~ ---------------------------------------- Profesor: Nothing's impossible if you believe it; that's what being a scientist is all about! Kid: Nooo, that's what being a magical elf's all about.

#193753 - 10/23/06 09:09 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

It seems odd that the rats would be in every dream-I've had repeating dreams and they only stop when I figure them out and do something decisive to break the strange cycle. Have you tried telling yourself that you're going to have good dreams before you to go sleep?
I (sometimes) drink Montmorency cherry juice before retiring for the evening-it helps regulate circadian rhythms-which regulate sleep. Doesn't have the potential side affects of melatonin.

No no, not all my dreams are filled with rats (a great deal of them yes) but not all.

Just mostly dark and gloomy dreams. I often am being chased in my dreams. I also note that death is a main factor in many of my dreams. Someone/something usually tries to kill me.

I suppose if they succeed that I will not wake up to tell you the tale..

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193754 - 10/23/06 07:36 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

I used to have a similar theme in my dreams when I was younger-always being chased. Finally, one night I decided I would tell myself in the middle of the dream that it is only a dream and not to let the chase happen. This worked for me, I stopped the chase and woke up.
I continued to have the chasing dreams until I refused to be chased. How do you know someone is trying to kill you-do you sense it beforehand or not until they make an attempt? In many of my dreams as a young pup I would know or sense the intents of others around me and would still go along with the manipulation-chase, whatever. I learned to stop doing this and start using it to my advantage instead.
I enter the sleep state from a place of strength and intent so I don't have nightmares-it is your dream so you're calling the shots. If I forget or fall asleep without a bit of predetermination then I can end up having nightmares.

#193755 - 10/24/06 12:18 AM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Well the gun being brandished or the blade of a knife being aimed at me is a good indication that someone/something is trying to kill me.

Sometimes there is no weapon but there is a feeling of impending doom that resides within the dream.

Is it a wonder that I'm an insomniac? Sleeping is highly overrated at times no?

I have tried that of which you spoke (confronting the individual or just simply saying "I'm not going to be chased".

Thus far my attempts have been rather unsuccessful.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#193756 - 10/24/06 08:05 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Your dreams are strange and poetic and despite the occasional goriness I still find the imagery in your words beautiful yet dreamy. Id love to hear more about your dreams, all the big dreams I ever had, dreams that I could fleetingly remember were simple ones that were sometimes confusing and randomly plotted out. My most beautiful was one of a person I really cared for, I actually woke up with tears in my eyes.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#193757 - 10/24/06 11:13 PM Re: Dreams [Re: DamnedLucky]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

I am pleased to be of some help.

I find dreams fascinating.

#193758 - 10/25/06 11:13 AM Re: Dreams [Re: reprobate]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Mine are mostly very vivid, or even occasionally prophetic (don't ask my why or how, but they are... maybe my subconscious just picks up on things and can predict events or something... I don't know).

But the ones I appreciate are the ones that bring ideas and feelings to the surface that I didn't know about... like last week I dreampt of a co-worker and suddenly came to the realization of how attractive he is to me. Now, you see, I am so wrapped up in work that I don't notice these things, but my subconscious sure as hell likes to make it known. Keeps life interesting for me if I have a slow day.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#193759 - 10/25/06 01:39 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

How much of the future do you see---just glimpses or more?

Often it's just glimpses ...

#471852 - 03/23/12 07:05 PM Re: Dreams [Re: redheadgrl]
Frankneo Offline

Loc: Nigeria
Life is all about greatness, i want to be among the great men

#471853 - 03/23/12 07:25 PM Re: Dreams [Re: Frankneo]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

Please don't reply to ancient posts.
Prevention of Virtue

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats