Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#194314 - 10/14/06 10:19 AM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I will just jump in and say that the replies you have received address your initial post.

As already stated the faults lie in how well an individual Satanist applies Satanic philosophy in their life. It is a given that Satanists are born not converted and therefore this no doubt excludes a large segment of the population. This is not to say that there may not be either born Satanists in transition (in the process of discovering the Satanic path) or those not quite sure if they are or are not Satanic but sincerely trying it out later to find that it is not for them. Needless to say, human error will occur in both these scenarios, but hopefully will correct itself at an early stage. In any case, from an outside observer viewpoint, an uninformed person may point out this self-inflicted human error and say "Ha, that's a fault in Santanism!" Of course this is far from the truth, it is a fault in the person to apply Satanic philosophy properly.

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#194315 - 10/14/06 10:46 AM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
Lust Offline

Quote:

This is mainly why I'm not a &#8220;Satanist&#8221;. Aside from morals, I think that it (Satanism) gives to much way on selfishness, which is confusing because that, to me, feels like something against elitism.

Then why are you here?
I could care less why you are not a Satanist.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#194316 - 10/14/06 11:53 AM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:

This is mainly why I'm not a “Satanist”.

Did you somehow wander in here by mistake, can you find the door?

#194317 - 10/14/06 12:11 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
My two cents.

There are no flaws in Satanism. I have flaws, you have flaws. We all have flaws. What do you mean by "aside from morals?" I have morals. I am willing to bet all of these lovely folks have morals. Our morals function on a level that coincides with the laws of nature, not some two thousand year old finger wagging. This is why we have The 9 Sins, The 11 Rules and The 9 Statements.

Quote:

I think that it (Satanism) gives to much way on selfishness, which is confusing because that, to me, feels like something against elitism.

Selfishness is against elitism? That's a contradiction. You are overlooking the fact that we are our own gods. Would you not want to serve your god? Well, I certainly do. I serve myself and no one else. I always think of myself first and put myself before others. The elitism we represent is based on intelligence. Some seem to have this misconception that elitism is about ethnicity or some other pish posh. It's not. It's about smarts and rational hedonism amongst other things.

You say that our morals come off worse than the complete evasion of them? Life is the great indulgence, death the ultimate abstinence. Satan represents the so-called 'sins' because they lead to physical, mental, and emotional gratification. Personally, I'd rather do something that satisfies me than deny myself of it because of the previously mentioned outdated finger wagging.

Dr. LaVey codified the religion this way for a reason. It weeds out would-be detractors. He defined it this way so as to make sure that those that are it, get it. I say you need to go back and give it another go. Then again, you did say you weren't a Satanist.

#194318 - 10/14/06 01:11 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
redheadgrl Offline

You might want to revisit your thoughts and feelings on selfishness. Rationalize the importance of it and think about where true motivation originates and not what guilt would have you 'believe.'

#194319 - 10/14/06 01:19 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
Citizen_Squish Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

I'm not a “Satanist”.

'Nuff said.

#194320 - 10/14/06 01:30 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
TheAbysmal Offline

Go somewhere else, Shit-disturber!

Refuse to die.

#194321 - 10/14/06 02:18 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
The beauty of Satanism is it's ability to define reality.

Satanism doesn't make the rules, but rather offers an explanation of how things really are.

Once you can fully understand that concept, lightbulbs start flashing.

Satanism offers a glimpse into the metaphysics of life, but it doesn't hold our hand if we decide to embrace what we saw.

As others have stated before me, Satanists, rather than Satanism exhibit flaws - it's human nature.

The Satanist however doesn't use that as an excuse, but rather he finds the solution. For me, this is what it means when I say that Satanism is a religion of study.

Reality changes, things can no longer be subjected to conveniently ready principles, what do you do? If you're a Satanist, this isn't any problem, if you're not a Satanist, it stratifies.

That's the crux of the matter, you either get it, or you don't.

You've admitted that you're not a Satanist, I'm inclined to agree with you.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#194322 - 10/14/06 03:10 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: Poetaster]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Plain and simple.

My compliments, Sir.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#194323 - 10/14/06 09:45 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: TheAbysmal]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

There is a difference between someone who knows the facts but ignores them and a person who is ignorant of the truth. There is also a difference between people who do not want to learn more and those that trying to find out the truth about their inclinations. I suspect this to be a case of the latter of both. Though his questions was perhaps ill-advised I am glad he asked it because it gave rise to some very concise responses that needed to be stated and also points out a common misconception that the public holds about Satanism.

Know your friends but know your enemies better.

Edited by Drimlybunk (10/14/06 09:46 PM)

#194324 - 10/14/06 11:22 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: Drimlybunk]
TheAbysmal Offline

"Know your friends but know your enemies better." Well said. I did fire prematurely.

After reading Noel's essay, The Psychology of the Shit-disturber, I have come to reallize a startling fact: I often only see shit-disturbers for their true worth long after I am covered in their shit. It is almost as if they lull me into their provocative trap. Was I born with a predisposition toward arguing with idiots? I do not know, but I sure do want to avoid it.

"Shit-disturber" is a very fitting name for them in that regard. I already use it at work to label our students who would rather wreak havock in the ranks than fall in line.

Using it has an interesting pyschological side effect. Upon explanation, I have discovered the shit-disturber nearly always denies it immediately and continues to shit-disturb, while the student whom I have mislabelled usually ignores it and changes course for the better.

Perhaps using the label this way here could offer some value to the board. What is your opinion on this? I would go so far to say Noel's essay should be stickied in the Introcutions forum, with a call to action of using it. If it is an untrue label for the lady or gentleman in question, he or she can always deny it or change course.

Refuse to die.

#194325 - 10/14/06 11:40 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: TheAbysmal]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

I find that one of the startling distinctions between most people on this board and the Magisters and Admins (which seem often to be one in the same) is that the Magisters and Admins have a great deal more patience than the rest of us. I feel there are two reasons for this:

First, they have been around a longer and have a better sense for who is here to cause trouble and who is here inappropriately but shows promise.

Second, they are in a position to explain themselves and Satanism in general that exceeds the rest of us. Their titles reflect their knowledge and their knowledge reflects their titles.

So how does this effect me? Well it just so happens that being able to accurately distinguish between ignorance and stupidity is a quality I admire and strive for. It also happens that being able to appropriately and convincing communicate my position on Satanism as well as many other subjects that are discussed here is a quality which I also hold in high regard. So I find it beneficial to hold my proverbial tongue until all of the evidence has been laid out and proper examination of the situation can be made.

That is why I thought you were being a bit quick with your (and a few others) identification.

If this poster were a shit-disturber I think he would have asked his question far more bluntly, not shown interest in our response and would have replied by now with something along the lines of a half-cocked story or account of how he is right and we are wrong. He's done none of these things.

#194326 - 10/15/06 03:54 AM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"Any thoughts?"

Sure! When I read posts like yours, my thoughts lean towards questioning the motives of the poster.

#194327 - 10/15/06 08:08 AM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
**wurm added to my bait box for my fishing trip**

Translation : **user added to ignore list**

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#194328 - 10/15/06 12:43 PM Re: Faults of Satan [Re: WURM]
euol Offline
Banned

Quote:

This is mainly why I'm not a “Satanist”.

Ah. The kicker.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406026 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements