Topic Options
#194913 - 10/15/06 10:16 PM Satanism Reborn?
Slaytanic666 Offline

As i was browsing around, i came across a mindless rant which was met with the same initial disdain by CoS officials as it was by me. http://www.satannet.com/lttd/showthreade...e=3#Post363508. This poster would not have lasted a minute in my presence.

Now being a practicing Satanist since the age of 12 (now 35), although not affiliated with the CoS to date, I saw some value in this rant as i read between the lines. First of all, I believe that LaVey was a visionary. His ideas and principles should not be questioned - EVER. I have thouroughly read his works and I am quite impressed, especially given the time frame in which they were written (society was a LOT more repressed back then than it is today). His words resounded in my mind as if i spoke them myself.

Now this is throughly my opinion on this specific rant, taking nothing from the CoS or its ideals and said with total and complete respect to the CoS and its members. My question is - can there be a "re-birth" of modern satanism? Refreshing its ideals and its message? Is there anything wrong with that?

Understand that I am NOT agreeing with this specific poster, but can our message be re-stated in clearer language so that we may bring others into our fold? The message and ideals of Satanism are pure and true - can't we establish a mantra that will further enforce its ideals and beliefs? The intelligent and powerful will find Satanism to be their true "religion", but solidifying the core of power by adding influential members only makes the group more powerful in itself, correct?

For example, in the recent US Presidential election, religious psychotics turned out in droves and swayed the election towards Bush - one of the world's biggest religious zealots. Wouldn't it be amazing if Satanists, in a display of pure power and silence could sway such an outcome? Take the taxing of the Catholic church for example - what a powerful message that would be if put into political practice!!

I await your honest opinion. Hail Satan!!

#194914 - 10/16/06 08:20 AM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

but can our message be re-stated in clearer language so that we may bring others into our fold?

No. The philosophies of Satanism were made quite clear in The Satanic Bible. Anyone that doesn't understand it upon reading it probably shouldn't.

Quote:

can't we establish a mantra that will further enforce its ideals and beliefs?

Dr. LaVey has already done so. It's called The Satanic Bible.

Quote:

The intelligent and powerful will find Satanism to be their true "religion", but solidifying the core of power by adding influential members only makes the group more powerful in itself, correct?

The Church of Satan does have many powerful and influential members... they simply don't shout their affiliation from the rooftops. Surely, you can understand why.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#194915 - 10/16/06 03:57 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Magister_Harris]
Slaytanic666 Offline

Thank you for your clarity Reverend. So is it safe to say that upon a person's first reading of the good Dr.'s works, if not understood completely the first time, then that person should be shunned from Satanic society? Would it not be wise to clarify it for someone who could benefit from the ideals within?

LaVey himself said that the old religions failed because they were allowed to stagnate. Even though Satanism is a little over 40 years old, LaVey's work was written at a time when intolerance was very high. Wouldn't we be doing him an honor to help it become a clearer and stronger religion? Not by changing his words or ideas, but by magnifying them?

And yes, i completely understand the need to be discreet for those in the public eye. In today's society, that is a given.

#194916 - 10/16/06 04:02 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Would it not be wise to clarify it for someone who could benefit from the ideals within?...
Wouldn't we be doing him an honor to help it become a clearer and stronger religion? Not by changing his words or ideas, but by magnifying them?

The Satanic Bible is clear enough for anybody worthy of our time or consideration to get it. Dumbing down the message only serves to bring in dummies.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#194917 - 10/16/06 04:09 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: MagisterRose]
Slaytanic666 Offline

Amazing how truth is always true??! Well said...

#194918 - 10/16/06 08:12 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Satanism never died so there is no need to be "reborn".

If you wish to "magnify" Satanism then get to work.

The Church promotes good books written for this purpose.

So roll up your sleeves and start typing.

But be certain that what you type IS Satanism and not something else.

By the way.... Welcome to the slave galley! Your oar is here. These chains will hold you in place above the keyboard.

"Row well and live!"

Source.

#194919 - 10/16/06 08:34 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

So is it safe to say that upon a person's first reading of the good Dr.'s works, if not understood completely the first time, then that person should be shunned from Satanic society?

What "Satanic Society?" I am not aware of this society of which you speak. Perhaps you could enlighten me? Or better yet, maybe you could read this.

Quote:

Would it not be wise to clarify it for someone who could benefit from the ideals within?

What exactly is so unclear about The Satanic Bible, or Dr. LaVey's other writings for that matter, or even the writings of other members of the Church's hierarchy, that are so unclear that they require "clarification" for those that don't get it?
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#194920 - 10/17/06 07:54 AM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
One of the things I admire most about Dr. LaVey's works is the clarity of the writing. His prose is crisp and concise; he throws in vernacular when it serves his purpose, which is usually to point out the simplicity of these concepts. He is also capable of inspirational, exhalting language to raise the emotions of his readers and this is what has moved so many of us to regard him as a teacher and a prime example of Satanism-made-flesh.

That said, other Satanists certainly haven't let the dust settle on Anton LaVey's ideas, or on their own interpretation and clarification of same. There are MANY examples of wonderful new writing about Satanism, authored by Magus Gilmore, Magistra Barton, Magister Nemo, Magister Rose, Magister Svengali and dozens of others.

If you'd like your own name to appear on this list, as Magister Nemo points out, you have only to start typing -- with your brain as the buffer, of course.

Yes, we could put out a book called "Satanism For Dummies."

But Satanism doesn't WANT dummies.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#194921 - 10/17/06 09:14 AM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: MagistraNadramia]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Satanism is such a rich field of thought, with so many legitimate directions as yet undeveloped and yet to be expanded upon, that it is just that much more annoying when so many take the dirt road to Mortville instead!
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#194922 - 10/19/06 12:44 AM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Slaytanic666]
StabAvery Offline

CoS Member

Loc: michigan
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by MagisterParadise (10/19/06 02:16 AM)

#194923 - 10/23/06 04:33 PM Re: Satanism Reborn? [Re: Nemo]
Slaytanic666 Offline

Only if i have a female handler!! LOL

Thanks. I always enjoy your replies however sarcastic they are.

#194924 - 10/23/06 04:39 PM *DELETED* [Re: Slaytanic666]
TheGreatRetardo Offline

Loc: penfield NY
Only Members of the Priesthood and Moderators are permitted to respond to posts in this forum. All others will be deleted.

Edited by LKRice (10/23/06 04:51 PM)

Forum Stats
12150 Members
73 Forums
43915 Topics
405717 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements