Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19694 - 01/07/04 05:12 PM What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary?
Christinaianity Offline

by the way, I'm shocked at the amount of people who have no idea who he is. I asked a lot of people today, and it was dissapointing.

#19695 - 01/07/04 05:33 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Christinaianity]
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
A drug addled failure of a doctor cum drug addled success of a writer. That about sums it up.

#19696 - 01/07/04 06:14 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
Leary once summed up his trip (life) in one word: "Faust."

#19697 - 01/07/04 06:36 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

by the way, I'm shocked at the amount of people who have no idea who he is. I asked a lot of people today, and it was dissapointing.

Why is that disappointing?

Leary is worth forgetting about.

The most Satanic thing about Timothy Leary was G. Gordon Liddy.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#19698 - 01/07/04 07:58 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Svengali]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
G. Gordon Liddy

Now that's someone worthy of remembering. I would suggest reading his biography WILL for those interested.
HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#19699 - 01/07/04 08:58 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Magister_Lang]
Shiboleth Offline

never heard of him...

I just googolized him, yep he is supercool IMHO

http://www.liddyshow.us/

Edited by Shiboleth (01/07/04 09:11 PM)

#19700 - 01/07/04 09:52 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Shiboleth]
Christinaianity Offline

At the risk of sounding ignorant- what's so cool about Liddy? Wasn't he involved in Watergate?

#19701 - 01/07/04 10:04 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Anonymous
Unregistered

A Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? Defintely a lot more clear than Timothy Leary's perception of any Satanist.... because he was a loon.

What some people don't understand about LSD, is the fact that it was created to treat people in padded rooms. Doctors found out that it actually made crazy people even worse. So they banned it. I've had my fair share of experiences with LSD, as well as many other psychoactive illegal substances. I don't take a druggie for anything more than a druggie. It clouds thinking and slows your brains ability to process information, even after the drugs have worn off. Drug usage isn't smart, and I consider anyone who is a regular user of drugs to be just as smart as the choice they've made to be a user... including Timothy Leary, who in all of his various ramblings, never said one enlightening thing that I can recall.

Timothy Leary's Dead! Damn, it's been a while since I heard that song! I think it was by The Moody Blues or some other psychadelic progressive rock band.

#19704 - 01/07/04 11:38 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Christinaianity]
Shiboleth Offline

Because for a neo con, he has style. Besides I'm Canadian, I don't give a shit about Watergate. It was funny that in the Nixon tapes he kept refferring to our Prime Minister at the time as "That asshole Trudeau." lol To which Trudeau responded, quite publicly I might add, "I've been called worse things by better people."

#19705 - 01/08/04 12:07 AM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
My perception of Timothy Leary is this: A capsule of compacted ashes that floats in orbit around the Earth.

#19706 - 01/08/04 01:41 AM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Edwin Offline

Loc: PA, USA
I think he was a very interesting person, very strange. His comparisons between virtual reality and LSD are interesting.

#19707 - 01/08/04 07:53 AM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Old_Pig]
Prince_Satanicus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: KNOXVILLE, Tennessee, (THE BLA...
Have you noticed that at times" You're an asshole" but that's why I like to read your posts. Always interesting.
Darkest Greetings Sir
DrkMasterPrince

HAIL SATAN
HAIL ANTON LAVEY
HAIL ME

#19708 - 01/08/04 12:59 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Magister_Lang]
LTalionis Offline

CoS Magister

G. Gordon Liddy

"Now that's someone worthy of remembering. I would suggest reading his biography WILL for those interested."

... looks up at wall where framed, autographed picture of Liddy next to his shiny red Corvette with the "H20-Gate" license plate hangs ...

I second that sentiment

-- Friedrich Nietzsche

#19709 - 01/08/04 01:38 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: LTalionis]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

... looks up at wall where framed, autographed picture of Liddy next to his shiny red Corvette with the "H20-Gate" license plate hangs ...

I have the same autographed photo over my desk!

Go figure.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#19710 - 01/08/04 02:46 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Svengali]
Christinaianity Offline

I still haven't been informed as too what's so great about Liddy. He's the big right winger on the planet.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405803 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements