Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#19711 - 01/08/04 03:28 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Christinaianity]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Maybe when you grow up and look beyond such simplistic jargon as Right and Left you might understand.

As Reverend Lang suggested, Read his book WILL.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#19712 - 01/08/04 04:04 PM Liddy v. Leary. Case Closed. [Re: Christinaianity]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
8 Jan XXXIX A.S.

"...One was a man who, having been shot with a 9mm slug that embedded so close to his spine, it was never removed, blew the man who put it there out of a phone booth with all six rounds from a .357 magnum. I relate to people like that." - G. Gordon Liddy, "Will"

Coupling that, his beautiful response to a gaggle of candle-holding hippie protesters, his unique method of conquering his childhood fear of lightning, and his weltanschauung in general, and Liddy is certainly worthy of some Satanic appreciation.

Read the book. And leave the inane duality of "right" versus "left" at the door. This is truly Third Side stuff.

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

#19713 - 01/08/04 04:45 PM Re: Liddy v. Leary. Case Closed. [Re: MagisterParadise]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Thank You
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#19714 - 01/08/04 04:48 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Christinaianity]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I consider myself truly lucky.

I don't know who Tim Leary is...and from some of these responses I'm not sure if I care to find out.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#19715 - 01/08/04 04:50 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Felstorm]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Same here... the name is vagely familiar though.

Maybe he was some kind of athlete?
'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#19716 - 01/08/04 04:53 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Swordsman]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Dunno. From the looks of things, he was a stoned hippy that received more attention than he has deserved.

Worth forgetting.

Ooo look!... Ferrets!

Edited by Felstorm (01/08/04 04:53 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#19717 - 01/08/04 05:14 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Swordsman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>Maybe he was some kind of athlete?

Yeah, in the acid sheet triathalons.

Anyway, my thoughts on Dr. Leary: just another amusing American pop culture icon to me. I like some of the appearences he's had in movies and videos, but I never had any interest in what he had to "say", if anything (one thing about these icons is that you don't always know what they were vs. what others have made them out to be).

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#19718 - 01/08/04 07:31 PM Re: Liddy v. Leary. Case Closed. [Re: MagisterParadise]
Christinaianity Offline

What was his response to the hippie protestors?

#19719 - 01/08/04 08:56 PM Re: Liddy v. Leary. Case Closed. [Re: Christinaianity]
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
The post that you were responding to contained a hint as to a way to find out what this fellow said. Perhaps actually reading the responses to your query may illuminate.

#19721 - 01/08/04 10:47 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Swordsman]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
The only thing that I know about Dr.? Timothy Leary is that he did the introduction on the Babes In Toyland compilation album, "The Further Adventures of Babes In Toyland".

A good album by the way. A lot of live shit and unreleased tracks!
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#19722 - 01/09/04 12:03 AM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary [Re: Svengali]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
I have one as well in the secret passage behind my ritual chamber.
Not autographed though.
HL!
HS!
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#19723 - 01/09/04 02:00 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Citizen_Stokley Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Georgia
I had not heard of leary before now but I'm glad you brought him to my attention. There seems to be a lot of negative comments about him in this thread but he certainly seems like an interesting character to me.

#19724 - 01/10/04 04:10 PM Re: What's a Satanists perception of Timothy Leary? [Re: Christinaianity]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
The man was the self-described "high Priest of the Drug Culture".

He represented a worthless, disgusting, smelly, best-forgotten decade fuelled by drugs and poor hygiene.

Creating an alternative reality is one thing, but using a chemical that turns your brain into pabulum is simply pathetic. It is endemic of a fear to face reality and represents nothing but the weakest, most cowardly elements of low-culture.

This board has been soiled by the mere mention of his name.

"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43999 Topics
406137 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements