Topic Options
#198324 - 10/28/06 03:45 PM Clarification on Dr. Lavey
Annos_Satanas Offline

Loc: Minnesota
Perhaps I'm a bit misinformed here, or maybe it's just a bad source I read it from, but I have a question about Dr. LaVey.

In "Satan Speaks!" (at least I think it was in Satan Speaks), Dr. LaVey had said that Christianity was, of course a social cancer, but he said it was necessary to remain in the world for all the dependant fools out there. Something about (really sorry for the vagueness here) how eliminating Christianity would bring the sheep to Satan's side, and about how destructive it would be to not only Satanism itself, but how the exact same leeching would happen, just like in Christianity.

Yet, in the Satanic Bible, Dr. LaVey writes that Christianity should be destroyed utterly and completely, bringing the world to a new "Satanic Age".

Did he happen to change his views within those few years that the books were written? I agree with him either way, but keeping Christianity in the world is an easy way to keep unintellectuals at bay, and in uncomfortable wooden seats.

Also, at the beginning of "Satan Speaks!", I believe Ms. Barton wrote about how Dr. LaVey was a master of hypnotism, which I don't doubt at all. What kind of techniques and study did he apply himself to on the topic of hypnotism?

(Sorry about the wrong-forum posting, Nemo.)

#198325 - 10/28/06 04:21 PM No clarification required. [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
With regard to hypnosis, I can assure you that the methods he employed were effective ones.

These are discussed in no small detail in the members-only forums of this message board. If you are interested I would urge you to join the Church and access those details.

On your first question, the chapter you refer to is "The God of the Assholes" in which he analyses the personality of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic God as revealed by those who created Him - his followers.

In The Satanic Bible he pointed out that Christianity is doomed and that the ethics of the Satanist are in opposition to the ethics of Christianity. They love death and hate life while we have the opposing view.

So there is no contradiction or even a change in opinion that I can see there.

Since "The God of the Assholes" is the very first chapter in the book Satan Speaks I wonder why you found it so difficult to check this out before misinterpreting its meaning on this board, by the way?

I commonly see propagandists with a hostile agenda come here attempting to pick apart Satanism by seeking such contradictions or implying that such exist.

It is an old ploy to imply by innuendo that there is a problem by asking if there is.

Are you by any chance one of those who are here with a hidden agenda?

I only ask because I doubt you would be so lazy as to not even look up the quote you were asking about as it was ... ahem! ... the very first chapter of the book you mentioned.

#198326 - 10/29/06 02:55 PM Re: No clarification required. [Re: Nemo]
Annos_Satanas Offline

Ahh, I see. I can assure you that I'm not THAT lazy, its just that I lost my copy of Satan Speaks and was half-assing and rambling about what I was trying to ask.. that's why I mentioned that I was sorry for the vagueness in the beginning. I'm not surprised by your answer of propaganda writers - but, I can also assure you I'm not one of those either. I just like to ask questions. Especially when I'm confused, or if I end up accidentally confusing myself.

#198327 - 10/29/06 03:45 PM Re: "I just like to ask questions." [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Then you can rely on me to find something better to do than bother answering them.

Good bye.

(Nemo uses the Ignore User option for this person).

#198328 - 10/29/06 04:57 PM Hmph. [Re: Nemo]
Annos_Satanas Offline

Well now... how completely uncalled for, rude, and arrogant of you. Glad to see you gained your title of "Magister" by being helpful. Last I recalled, the greatest question of the Satanist is "Why?". Who knew asking for clarification would result in such childish behavior.

#198329 - 10/29/06 05:02 PM Re: Hmph. [Re: Annos_Satanas]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Last I heard, nobody was under any obligation to spoon-feed you like an infant, Magister or otherwise.

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements