Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19858 - 01/08/04 02:32 PM Satanism and Evolution
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what is the deal are Satanists a direct result of evolution or are they born throughout the ages as a direct result of reality needing a kick in the ass and new leaders every decade?

Please read the question carefully before you answer, It's a tricky one but I did not word it this way on purpose it merely happened that way. anyhow any answers are greatly appreciated.

HAIL!

#19859 - 01/08/04 03:19 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
Manceres Offline

Loc: USA
Yes.

Please read my answer carefully I have worded it this way on purpose it can be tricky but you might get it.

#19860 - 01/08/04 03:21 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Manceres]
Anonymous
Unregistered

#19861 - 01/08/04 03:36 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
David Offline

Loc: Washingtion
I would say neither. I believe that Satanism would have existed as long as mans capabilty to understand has existed. It seems to me that Satanism is something that is more natural than any other way of life, and it would have been more common before people had to weed through all the bullshit and lies of modern day life.

#19862 - 01/08/04 04:16 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
No, we aren't the result of evolution.
We were all grown in tanks by giant space monkeys and strategicly placed in homes around the world in the first phase of their quest for world domination.
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#19863 - 01/08/04 04:27 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Dan_Dread]
Swordsman Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Are you sure?

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity' - Bullet Tooth Tony 'when I die, I will instruct the undertakers to put a bell on my tombstone, just so I can have the pleasure of not getting up when people ring' - Dr. Mossy Lawn

#19864 - 01/08/04 04:45 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Swordsman]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I'm sure he has incontrovertable proof.

However my "Satanic Space Gerbil" theory is better.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#19865 - 01/08/04 05:01 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>So what is the deal are Satanists a direct result of evolution

By "evolution", I'm going to assume that you mean biological evolution. Keep in mind that evolution and social darwinism are two different things. The first one is a science, the second is a philosophy.

All Satanists are in homo sapiens, and that species (as well as every other species on the planet) is a result of evolution. But as for "Satanists" on the whole, the answer is no. Although one can argue that Satanists are a "race" and are "born, not made", these statements don't have to do with biological evolution ("race" here means being distinguished by personal characteristics and other habits, and "born not made" is a statement that this certainly isn't a religion to which just anyone can convert). Satanism is not a hereditary trait. To quote HP Gilmore, just because two Satanists have offspring is no guarentee that the child will also be a Satanist. Likewise, countless Satanists here, including myself, have absolutely no relatives who are Satanists, de facto or otherwise.

>or are they born throughout the ages as a direct result of
>reality needing a kick in the ass and new leaders every
>decade?

This is not how evolution works. Evolution doesn't see what is "needed" in a given physical climate (let alone a political/religious one). Species do not develop new physical attributes out of "need"; it's just that the ones who have the traits that aid survival are thus able to survive and pass those traits on to offspring. It doesn't imply that one species is objectively "better" than another -- penguins wouldn't survive in desert any more than rattlesnakes would survive in Antarctica. Also, evolution deals with the change in populations, not individuals that seem geographically and chronologically isolated from each other. For information on the science of evolution, I'd highly recommend the archive for the talk.origins newsgroup.

So forgetting about biology here, I suppose the question still remains: do Satanists seem to show up as a social phenomenon, a reaction to cultures that become to oppressive and unrealistic? I don't know. Actually The Satanic Bible seemed to come out during a peak of counter-culture, as opposed to (e.g.) the McCarthy era of the 1950s.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#19866 - 01/08/04 05:11 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Swordsman]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Prove me wrong!
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#19867 - 01/08/04 08:13 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
There is a vast range of traits that form a vast range of personality types within humans. So, it stands to reason that some humans possess the Satanic personality, because a congruent set of traits joined together into the whole.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#19868 - 01/08/04 08:50 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution
DragonWing Offline

Loc: Central Florida
I would think that there have been many talented and intelligent people through out the years who had Satanic qualities. They just never called themselves Satanists until LaVey started the religion.

#19870 - 01/08/04 11:13 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Bill_M]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must keep this in mind.

Lately it's just been confusing the hell out of me. Okay we're born not made, but at the same time there are certain "strands of DNA" in us that predetermine our "satanic lifestyle" if I am not mistaken. It can become a rather confusing mess so I am just going to stop thinking about it because my head hurts already form attempting to figure out the deep scientific part of it because I'm not a scientist.

#19871 - 01/09/04 12:08 AM Re: Satanism and Evolution
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Okay we're born not made, but at the same time there are certain "strands of DNA" in us that predetermine our "satanic lifestyle" if I am not mistaken. It can become a rather confusing mess so I am just going to stop thinking about it because my head hurts already form attempting to figure out the deep scientific part of it because I'm not a scientist.

Man, as a creature, is inherently carnal.

If this was a question of DNA, there would be 'bloodlines' so to speak of folks more inclined to Satanic behavior. Then ask yourself this: can you see Satanic elements of your parent's actions? Do your parents indulge in any vices regardless if they go against the moral laws/codes defined by Christianity?

Alot of Christians drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes.. as far as I know this goes against parts in the book of lies that states the body is a temple (not quoting word for word here, bear with me, but that is a basic code/law found therein). They also indulge in vanity, gluttony, greed, lust, just to name a few. There are exceptions and not all feel remorse for this, in fact, few know they do wrong. I have gotten into spiritual/philosophical debates in -bars- with the slaves of hvitekrist that swear they are faithful and yet... there they are... indulging in 'sins' freely and openly and yet it is accepted. Will they ask for forgiveness? Most likely not. Yet they blindly follow, without question, their false god.

So is a Satanist one that is born with the vision, logic, capability for abstract thought and drive to make decisions for themselves that govern their existence without needing to apply themselves to a heirarchy of rules, literally, set in stone? Yes. It is definately something that cannot be taught, that is for sure.
If this is DNA, does it skip a generation? As I can safely say my parents are not Satanists nor any Satanists I have met in my day descended from Satanic parents.

An interesting poll to take for a DNA intensive aurgument would probably have questions like 'race' and IQ. Are 'white/caucasian' people more inclined to be Satanic than any other 'race' of human beings or is race irrevelant all together and only it applies to IQ level?

A reoccuring theme is that many Satanists became aware of their nature early in their life. Perhaps another possible poll question?

Hmm.

#19872 - 01/09/04 04:53 AM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: Bill_M]
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
Thank you for addressing the mis-use and misunderstandings about evolution.

There are too many biology terms thrown about by those who show they obviously don't understand the terms spew. Words like "DNA", "genes", "evolution", and "cloning" are becoming cultural catch phrases to the scientificially illiterate,

#491406 - 08/31/13 12:06 PM Re: Satanism and Evolution [Re: NaamahPink]
deleriumfugue Offline

*stale topic and a bit late in the game, I know, but I'm in the midst of catching up to speed, so naturally I'll spew a few comments on long-since-forgotten-about topics.* At any rate I see Satanism as an individual *adaptation* as opposed to an evolutionary event. I don't think any particular ethos is genetic - it is a learned behavior. This is why most religions require indoctrination and Satanism demands study not worship. In terms of Nature vs Nurture it is a mix of distance and direction heavily biased toward the latter of the two. I'd say Satanism is first prompted by nature, but mostly directed by social and intellectual nurture the likes of which only yourself and experience can provide.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404442 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements