Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199470 - 11/02/06 03:40 AM The Satanic Bible
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
I've just finished my first reading , It's like an electric shock to my being ! truth in every line ,how did it affect others ?

HS

M

#199471 - 11/02/06 03:46 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DonVamp Offline
Tough Guy

Loc: Queens nyc
i read it years ago and have always been rereading since then.
it basically opened my mind abit more.

#199472 - 11/02/06 03:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
It eventually resulted in my screen name turning blue.

In all seriousness, I could not thank Dr. LaVey enough for doing what he did.

Edited by xDravenx (11/02/06 03:58 AM)

#199473 - 11/02/06 04:06 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DonVamp]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

it's been like a flash of illumination in my brain , already started the second reading!

HS

M

#199474 - 11/02/06 04:08 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Mr_47]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

I'm going the same way , I've sent in my declaration to the Church this week, now i wait !
HS
Martin

#199475 - 11/02/06 05:31 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
After reading it completely for the first time I seem to remember experiencing a quite intense, mixed, and, in some ways, conflicting set of emotions.

I felt happy that I had just found out that indeed I was a Satanist, as I had suspected, and that in someway I had found my 'Home' after years of exploring Buddhism and Paganism.

On the other hand I remember feeling a sense of fear - How would I use this new found knowledge, How would it affect my interactions with my family and friends, What would they do if they found out?

I also felt excited, as I realised that this new found wisdom was the key I had been searching for that could unlock the dormant potentialities I knew lay within me, but had never had the balls or courage to tap into....

I still try to reread it regularly, and each time pick up something new. I started another run through of it a couple of weeks ago and this time am deliberately taking it slowly, sometimes only reading a section every few days, which is a different approach for me - all previous readings of it were done cover to cover in a few days max. This change of reading style was a conscious choice just to see if ruminating over small sections at a time yealded any different insights!

#199476 - 11/02/06 05:41 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Yes , i felt/feel many of the same things now , not sure if it's fear/excitement/ life force ..... it is intoxiacating in a way

HS

M

#199477 - 11/02/06 06:57 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
To me in came in slowly, before the first reading I had gathered some knowledge and was very interested, by the time I finished reading I felt confused and indifferent to before. I felt that I was close to the reflection in the book but over the weeks after finishing it I studied satanism more and reread the whole book several times until I became a full blown Satanist and what I thought to be wrong became right, it was then my apprehenseion disappeared and well, someday my screename will hopefully turn blue like DravenX.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#199478 - 11/02/06 07:10 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
And as has been said before, I have read, read and re-read the Satanic Bible, each time gaining new knowledge and theories.

Upon my first reading, it was like a shock to the brain. It was amazing that someone had preconceived a great many peoples thoughts, and wrote them down in a book...

#199479 - 11/02/06 07:10 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I felt like I was home.

#199480 - 11/02/06 07:11 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Biff]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Hope mine turns blue soon too !

#199481 - 11/02/06 07:57 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Mr_47]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

In all seriousness, I could not thank Dr. LaVey enough for doing what he did.

agreed 100%

Nice to see you so excited.
It's quite the eye opener to discover yourself like this.

I read the Satanic Bible the first time as a young pip and I was just the same. Mixed emotions and thoughts and over charged with energy, wanting to scream from joy.

Have re-read it a dozen times since then as well as Dr LaVey's other books. You never stop studying and applying Satanism in your life. Thats the great thing about it.

HS!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#199482 - 11/02/06 08:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
It was as if I went down to sip from a pond and as I looked upon my reflection, behold! I was a lion and roared!

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#199483 - 11/02/06 08:52 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: tekku]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

sounds like a plan to me !

If i weren't a 'born' Satanist by character , then it would be overwhelming! All I have to do now is dump the indocrintated 'guilt' crap and get on with being my own redeemer!

HAIL SATAN

M

#199484 - 11/02/06 09:03 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

cheers, it was given me by a swedish punk friend , bondage & punk
my other two great loves ! the more I think about it they fit perfectly in with being a Satanist ......rebelliion and perversion for my own gratification

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404156 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements