well bad for me i hope!

#199488 - 11/02/06 09:36 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

well bad for me i hope!

bad?
perhaps im missing something in translation here?

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#199489 - 11/02/06 09:37 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DickSteele]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I felt like I was home.

Exactly how I put it!
Reading it was like coming back home after a long hard journey.
I had a lot of mixed emotions. I think I was upset at myself for leaving home in the first place. But the cliché is true; you don't know what you've got till it's gone. And it felt damn good to get it back.

Like most people here, I read the Satanic bible a few times over, and each time I reached greater depths…
I'm defiantly better than I was before I came across Satanism.
Not because I changed myself, on the contrary- because I finally accepted myself.
I stopped conditioning my happiness.. I stopped conditioning my love for myself. I got rid of invalid illusions and came to realize so many truths about who I truly am.

Am I the only one who slapped herself [at least once] on the forehead while reading the SB, saying "how the hell didn't I realize this before?!"? =D
I guess I would reach all those conclusions myself, eventually, but I'm very glad (to say the least) I had the guidance.

BTW- I usually don't get so emotional, it's my demonic writing- I swear =P

Hail Satan!

#199490 - 11/02/06 09:40 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: tekku]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
just trying to be a smart arse on the whole good/evil bad thing
been a long day!

#199491 - 11/02/06 09:44 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Lightning]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
Quote:

Not because I changed myself, on the contrary- because I finally accepted myself.
I stopped conditioning my happiness.. I stopped conditioning my love for myself. I got rid of invalid illusions and came to realize so many truths about who I truly am.

Am I the only one who slapped herself [at least once] on the forehead while reading the SB, saying "how the hell didn't I realize this before?!"? =D
I guess I would reach all those conclusions myself, eventually, but I'm very glad (to say the least) I had the guidance.

BTW- I usually don't get so emotional, it's my demonic writing- I swear =P

Hail Satan!

Couldn't have put it better! tired of sneaking around, apologising, giving and not getting

HAIL SATAN

M

#199492 - 11/02/06 09:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
ahh ok
that just flew right over the top of my head...
I totally missed that..been a long day for me as well..

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#199493 - 11/02/06 10:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Well, I thought:

“This is as practical, as daring and as real as you ever whished for in your dreams. This is it.”

Real world does require high standards and sharp vision to turn magic, not a pair of coloured glasses.

HS
october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#199494 - 11/02/06 11:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
OBh Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

It's like an electric shock to my being ! truth in every line

I let some of my friends and those close to me read a copy of my satanic bible too and their first reaction is always fear and/or confusion, next is like the quote above... just like I did!

One thing is Dr. La Vey's writing makes you available to practice those things which are stuck only in your dreams or thoughts because of maybe you're afraid in the first place. Expanding your horizon should not be a thing to be afraid of. It is a sin though, a sin that we must do!

#199495 - 11/02/06 09:25 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
My SB is on order. I've been lurking here for days, reading posts. I keep waiting --hoping??-- to read something that will persuade me I'm wasting my time, this is sophmoric, naive, cruel, stupid, whatever. But the more I read, the more I feel compelled to read more. Very, very, very interesting.

Maybe what I hope for in LaVey is permmision? A "note from my parents" to allow me to be me? Or. Maybe what I seek is a peer group?? Others otherwise formerly browbeat into denying who they are, their "lights hidden under bushels" as the xians say so ironically, worried a bit about whether they are crazy, bad or just plain wrong?

Not a crutch. But some confirmation.

Caution is wise in a world filled with knaves and fools. But too much caution and what do we accomplish? So. Here I am. My SB is on order, I've registered here, and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

I hope the SB enlightens, confounds and delivers for me. I guess I hope it allows me to set myself free. So far, after reading pretty mucdh everything available online, it feels like the adverts say: "born to it."

Tell you what, folks. Just reading the stuff you have posted has done some subtle and yet-to-be-fully-processed good things for me.

So. Thank you for letting me lurk. HS to you, and we shall see about me.

#199496 - 11/02/06 09:32 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
TheAbysmal Offline

Like looking into a mirror for the first time.

Refuse to die.

#199497 - 11/03/06 01:53 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Midorisan]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> what I hope for in LaVey is permmision? A "note from my parents" to allow me to be me? <<

You are already looking at it from the wrong perspective. Why do you need Dr. LaVey to grant you permission to be you? If you can't do that for yourself no one can do it for you.

>> I hope the SB enlightens, confounds and delivers for me <<

If it enlightens that can be considered a good thing. If it confounds you, as it does so many, there could be a problem.

Happy reading.

#199498 - 11/03/06 05:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I remember having very conflicting feelings at first; the socially acceptable christian behaviour versus the normal human feelings were at war in my mind.
After a whole day of debating in my head I finally thought "this was what I was thinking all along but was afraid to admit to myself because of years of brainwashing".
After reading it for the second time I made the decision to actively change my life into what I wanted instead of what others expected.
I'm proud of myself and where I am today and all thanks to one man who had the guts to say what he wanted to.
The Satanic Bible is truly the opposite of the bible; it offers true freedom instead of mindless subservience. That understanding, that it is YOU who is in control of your life and not some unknown power, is a huge rush when it first comes to you.

#199499 - 11/03/06 10:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
Good point. I did not mean it literally.

In the context of this thread, and of why I am eager to read the SB, and what I expect to find...well, at the very least it is obvious I have substantial expectations.

And in light of the many comments I read here where people express a sense of finding or rediscovering themselves after reading the SB, I don't find it too disturbing or off-track to think about reading Dr. LaVey in terms of a sense of "permission" that it is ok to be who we always knew we were.

Maybe "permission" is the wrong word? We already are who we are, obviously.

But your point is well taken. Thank you.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements