Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199500 - 11/03/06 11:17 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Everytime I read The Satanic Bible, I look on the back cover at Dr. LaVey's picture and say, "Wow man. You are one brilliant motherfucker! Thank you!"

HS!

#199501 - 11/03/06 12:00 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Midorisan]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Others otherwise formerly browbeat into denying who they are, their "lights hidden under bushels" as the xians say so ironically, worried a bit about whether they are crazy, bad or just plain wrong?

Damn, that sounds familiar.

I wouldn't say that I was ever "browbeat", but my parents were about as intellectual as you could expect from Southern Baptists. As a child I couldn't identify their circular arguments and logical fallacies, so I thought there must've been something wrong with me that I didn't see things the same way as they did.

It wasn't until my teens that I realized that I was able to accomplish more by doing things my own way than by trying to force myself to be like others. By then I figured that if that's what it took for me to get things done, that's how I was going to live. I stopped caring whether or not I was insane and started making something of my life. Three cheers for pragmatism!

Although I continue to make jokes alluding to the probability that I'm completely off my rocker, reading The Satanic Bible helped me to realize that compared to most people, I'm actually rather sane.

Maybe it'll do the same for you.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#199502 - 11/03/06 02:36 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Although I continue to make jokes alluding to the probability that I'm completely off my rocker, reading The Satanic Bible helped me to realize that compared to most people, I'm actually rather sane.

You say 'sociopath' like it's a bad thing.

#199503 - 11/08/06 07:11 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

Maybe it'll do the same for you.

Yes, I remember having a very similar realization myself!!!

#199504 - 11/08/06 12:46 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
In highschool my best friend and I often joked that we were the only sane ones in a crazy world.

#199505 - 11/09/06 07:07 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
ModernTantalus Offline

My first read through didn't evoke any special strong feelings. I know that's a bit of a let down. All the ideas expressed by LaVey were things that I had felt or known for years. It wasn't like a major epiphany for me, but more like coming home. Now and then I move away from Satanism. People on this board who recognize me from the past know that I sometimes disappear for months at a time, but I keep coming back. That's because ever since I read TSB I've known that this is where I belong.

#199506 - 11/12/06 03:20 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
One simple word sums it up for me.

Revelation.

After reading the SB I felt a sense of awe and shock.

The SB changed my life (or brought it out into the open) if you will.

It is quite telling when you are reading something and agree with EVERY point and say 'yes, yes! Someone WHO UNDERSTANDS'!

When Anton penned the SB he did so because he could find no other material on the subject.

There were no 'books'. There was nothing that matched up to the works in his mind and so, he sat down (admittidly not an author) and yet ingeniously wrote a book that anyone with two brain cells could understand and put to use.

I cannot thank him enough for this. I don't believe that ANYONE ever will be able to thank him enough.

HS!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#199507 - 11/12/06 06:44 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

I wouldn't say that I was ever "browbeat", but my parents were about as intellectual as you could expect from Southern Baptists.

Quote:

As a child I couldn't identify their circular arguments and logical fallacies, so I thought there must've been something wrong with me that I didn't see things the same way as they did.

I suggest this is common to most children. What I mean, is that the vast majority of young and impressionable children in the world must see the logical inconsistency with religious practice. The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

Quote:

Three cheers for pragmatism!

At least!

Quote:

I don't mind if I'm insane, look at how many sane people lack any kind of productivity. As the opposite, they can call me whatever they like.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#199508 - 11/12/06 07:04 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

That is true. Even in primary school, I hated religion. My primary school was a Christian school, one lunch time I was playing up to the teachers and I decided to baptise myself with blackcurrant juice in front of the entire school. The outrage was tremendous... Needless to say I got detentions...

#199509 - 11/12/06 09:12 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Rene Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

I suggest this is common to most children. What I mean, is that the vast majority of young and impressionable children in the world must see the logical inconsistency with religious practice. The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

Agreed... And this applies to social acceptance as well. At some point along the way, every child starts asking qoestions about why things are the way they are, what is accaptable and why. It is at that moment somthing happens. One can simply accept the awnsers provided by those aroynd you or keep searching for an alternative awnser. I never seemed to, or wantet to "fit in" just begause everybody else did. If everybody went right, i would try to go left. (and this way you pick up some bruces along the way.) But as a child, its somtimes hard to realise that there´s a different approach to life, then dictated by the status quo. You somtimes need somthing or someone to open your eyes. For me that happened by reading the SB. But at that point i guess that i already had put my learnd tabu´s behind me..
And so i keep on reading and exploring....
Television is there to keep you impedent. Television is like taking black paint to your eyes. (Bill Hicks.) I need no pendants round my neck, nor any signs on my wall. My true power is my ability to listen to my deepest desires, and see them forfilled...

#199510 - 11/12/06 02:03 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
InquiringTruth Offline

I think Magus Peter H. Gilmore best described in his introduction the emotion I felt while reading Dr. LaVey's Satanic Bible. I felt the "evocation of an overwhelming sense of homecoming".

I can describe my reading of the Satanic Bible as reading the thoughts of my own mind. Each concept and principle so familiar.

Nothing has changed about my thoughts after reading the Satanic Bible. The only thing that had changed is that I had come to know a more suitable label to express my thoughts. Before I thought myself to be a realist, but now I know myself to be a Satanist.

Hail Satan!

#199511 - 11/12/06 05:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
roxana Offline

Loc: texas, usa
Hello. Today I changed. I'm not a slave anymore. I accept that I'm human and I'll react to it. No guilt and no fears. I'm here to learn. I got my life back. This is what I've been looking for. I found it in the Satanic Bible. Roxxy

#199512 - 11/12/06 06:41 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I first read The Satanic Bible nearly two years ago. I realised that all my life I had been living the lifestyle of a Satanist in regards to my philosophy on life (and death) and like many have said before, it was like a home coming. It was a mild revelation, to see there are others that think the same way.

I initially had conflict though. Part of me was thinking, this is who you are, where you belong, the path you should follow. However, after 26 years of society's brainwashing against this type of thinking and belief told me not to go with what I thought was right. I re-read The Satanic Bible about 4 months ago. I am now living exactly the way I choose, I am living life in line with The Satanic Bible and am now happier with who I am than ever.

Like many have said before. I feel truly free.

#199513 - 11/12/06 06:44 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: roxana]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Great news. Make your required introductory post and welcome aboard.

#199514 - 11/15/06 08:16 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Murderous_Love Offline

I also have just finished reading the Satanic Bible. It was a very interesting book that made a lot of sense and made so many good points. It helped me in a way. I finally have something to believe in and go by. It was a very good book. I've been into Satanism for a while and I am now going to purchase "The Satanic Rituals"
Is it just a book of rituals? Or does it have more information on Satanism?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements