Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199515 - 11/15/06 08:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Murderous_Love]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

I finally have something to believe in and go by.

Just a quick question for you.

You stated that you now have something to believe in and go by.

Did you always believe in what you read in the SB and now have something to 'relate' to ie. 'a name to give what you have always thought and felt' and have always known and followed naturally?

When I read the SB I finally had something concrete that mirrored what I had always felt and practiced already. What I FINALLY had was a 'name' to personalize/associate this nature with.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#199516 - 11/15/06 11:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Evil_Eve]
Murderous_Love Offline

Yes, I have always believed what I read in the SB and it is something I can to relate to. I should have been more clear on my response sorry about that. I have just started learning about this and it's very interesting to me. Good question by the way.

#199517 - 11/15/06 12:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Evil_Eve]
RoySinister Offline

Loc: Fargo ND
Quote:

Quote:

I finally have something to believe in and go by.

Just a quick question for you.

You stated that you now have something to believe in and go by.

Did you always believe in what you read in the SB and now have something to 'relate' to ie. 'a name to give what you have always thought and felt' and have always known and followed naturally?

When I read the SB I finally had something concrete that mirrored what I had always felt and practiced already. What I FINALLY had was a 'name' to personalize/associate this nature with.

The same question came to my mind when I read your statement. I spent a number of years as a jaded, self loathing athiest, naysaying to those who had any belief or faith. How dare they come around with their self-rightous, born again smiles. I sought the CoS website to learn more about the Adversary of the one they held so dear.
I read the Satanic Statements, and it scared me to see that in those statements, my life or the quest of my life was all there. My eternal search for answers, this was the beging of fruition for all the years I suffered to understand why I was going to hell. That's hard for a child to deal with.
Part of my programing started to seep in and I got scared. Like standing on the abyss, to the right, damnation for my questioning gOd. To The Left, all I could see to the Left was the possibility to understand. Finding an ounce of truth, in the sea of lies I had been accosted with since birth.
I purchased and read the Satanic Bible nine years ago. What stood out to me was that I didn't have to change who I was. I just had to take responsibility for who and what I was. Since then I have enjoyed great success.

The Satanic Bible is NOT a self-help book. It is the steel to your flint. What you do with is up to you.

To quote the Man himself, "What you see may not always please you; but you WILL SEE!" ASL

Ever Forward
Roy Sinister

#199518 - 11/15/06 03:12 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Murderous_Love]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Yes, I have always believed what I read in the SB and it is something I can to relate to. I should have been more clear on my response sorry about that. I have just started learning about this and it's very interesting to me. Good question by the way.

Another question for you. Who are you? What are you hobbies? Your interest? Are you a Gemini who enjoys long walks on the beach? Do you enjoy star gazing? Do you have any talents? I read your bio which was not much to go on. I enjoy the piano too but that doesn't tell me a great deal about you.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#199519 - 11/15/06 06:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
travellingkali Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

It wasn't until my teens that I realized that I was able to accomplish more by doing things my own way than by trying to force myself to be like others. By then I figured that if that's what it took for me to get things done, that's how I was going to live. I stopped caring whether or not I was insane and started making something of my life. Three cheers for pragmatism!

Although I continue to make jokes alluding to the probability that I'm completely off my rocker, reading The Satanic Bible helped me to realize that compared to most people, I'm actually rather sane.

Maybe it'll do the same for you.

oh soooo true. as long as i tried to fit myself into a pattern accepted by society, everything in mmy life seemed or turned out to be a big faliure...
as a kid i was really sad to be different, because i didnt even know why i was never like the other kids. and i felt simply alone.
today i know that i need to stick completly to my true personality, regardless of what the "society" might think.
and now - im still strange to many people, but many seem to like what i represent today in my personality, and (life-)style...
And i ll never forget one of my favourite quotes from dr la vey:
"there is a beast inside man, that should be exercised - not exorcised"

#199520 - 11/16/06 01:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
baby Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't wait untill I get mine, I'm looking forward to reading it

#199521 - 11/19/06 03:48 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
torturedsoul Offline

Loc: Egypt
The satanic bible was the enlightenment that led me to the darkness.

#199522 - 11/19/06 04:05 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: torturedsoul]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Somebody flick the light switch.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#199523 - 11/19/06 05:14 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: gypsy]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

Somebody flick the light switch.

Help! I can't find it, arghhhhh!

#199525 - 11/27/06 03:06 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DarkEther Offline

Loc: Somewhere, CA USA
The Satanic Bible was an intellectual awakening. It was also good to scrap the psyche clear of any Chirstian teachings that were embedded in our minds.

#199526 - 11/27/06 07:01 PM Christian teachings [Re: DarkEther]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

The Satanic Bible was an intellectual awakening.

It certainly can be! What a great feeling to finally get your thoughts organized and focused!

Quote:

It was also good to scrap the psyche clear of any Chirstian teachings that were embedded in our minds.

Assuming you wanted to scrape and not scrap your psyche, the continued focus on things Christian is counter productive.

Having your priorities clear, and then deciding whether any particular thought habit is useful for you or not works much better than worrying whether the habit is a part (or not) of Christian teachings.

The former requires knowledge of the most important person in your life -- you. The latter requires knowing a lot more than you probably want to about Christianity.

I am a Satanist, not an anti-Christian.

#199527 - 12/10/06 10:18 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Callier]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

i was lucky in that i read The Satanic Bible at a relatively young age. it came at the time of my life when i was turning from a child into a man, and thus the subjects addressed in the book were particularly poignant to me. all of the new feelings that i was experiencing at the time were explained to me in the most honest, frank way possible, and made perfect sense.
with all the confusing nonsense that typically surrounds a teenageer, this provided me with an oasis of calm common sense.
to say that The Satanic Bible changed my life for the better is an understatement.
it is this no- nonsense common sense approach that makes the book so compelling, and it is hardly surprising that it is still just as relevant to me today as it was back then.

#199528 - 12/24/06 05:16 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Isabel23]
blaskhyrk Offline

Loc: Poland
I've read this book many ears before. It is very good and smart book for people who are seeing the truth, the way of freedom and strong indiwiduals. This book help me a lot to understand the satanic philosophy, every day i am reading some parts of the Bible.

Edited by blaskhyrk (12/24/06 05:16 PM)

#199529 - 12/25/06 12:19 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
When I was younger I searched through almost every possible religion to be thought up, when I came across Satanism I thought to my self..."now thats a bit strange."
After reading the Satanic Bible, I have never looked back; it was an awakening of my spirit and has now shaped my thoughts and actions. I feel that I have grown more spiritualy from reading it and feel that I have become more mature as a person and can now truley begin to live. Its like feeling your heart truley beat within your chest for the first time.

Hail Satan

#199530 - 02/23/07 06:41 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: Isabel23]
DarkEther Offline

Loc: Somewhere, CA USA

Having your priorities clear, and then deciding whether any particular thought habit is useful for you or not works much better than worrying whether the habit is a part (or not) of Christian teachings.

I was deciding if Satanic Bible was useful to me and I found it so.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406341 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements